Review: Rockhill Orthopaedics - Scott...

Review: Rockhill Orthopaedics - Scott A Langford MD

Posted in the Lees Summit Forum

honest-hard-work er

Sedalia, MO

#1 Jun 8, 2009
Went to Dr. Langford was extremely rude from the moment I set foot in the exam room. I saw him for pain I have been having in my hand.I don't believe he is an honest doc - I don't recommend him.
Cat

Louisville, KY

#2 Jul 13, 2009
I happen to be very familiar with Dr. Scott Langford and must completely disagree with you.

He is a very honest and I believe well educated doctor. You may have confused his lack of pretense with rudeness. Personally I prefer a doctor who will spend his time diagnosing my condition and explaining it to me rather than getting to know me on a personal level.

Also, I think it is in very poor character to refer to a very reputable physician as being dishonest based on the fact that you 'perceived' his behavior to be rude. I do not believe I have ever assumed someone was dishonest due to the fact that I disliked any or all of their personality traits.

I would in no way suggest that you see Dr. Langford again as a patient simply because you should never see a physician that you are not comfortable with. However, I also think it would have been in better taste for you to have gotten a second opinion rather than posting a statement that you are unable to substantiate with the intent of projecting a negative image upon Dr. Langford as a physician.

I hope that your post was done out of frustration or annoyance. If it was, in fact, posted due to your opinion of his personality rather than his skill and integrity as a doctor... then you are misinformed and ignorant in your facts.
amazed

Columbia, MO

#3 Jul 13, 2009
Get over it
Cat wrote:
I happen to be very familiar with Dr. Scott Langford and must completely disagree with you.
He is a very honest and I believe well educated doctor. You may have confused his lack of pretense with rudeness. Personally I prefer a doctor who will spend his time diagnosing my condition and explaining it to me rather than getting to know me on a personal level.
Also, I think it is in very poor character to refer to a very reputable physician as being dishonest based on the fact that you 'perceived' his behavior to be rude. I do not believe I have ever assumed someone was dishonest due to the fact that I disliked any or all of their personality traits.
I would in no way suggest that you see Dr. Langford again as a patient simply because you should never see a physician that you are not comfortable with. However, I also think it would have been in better taste for you to have gotten a second opinion rather than posting a statement that you are unable to substantiate with the intent of projecting a negative image upon Dr. Langford as a physician.
I hope that your post was done out of frustration or annoyance. If it was, in fact, posted due to your opinion of his personality rather than his skill and integrity as a doctor... then you are misinformed and ignorant in your facts.
mother and nurse

United States

#4 Jul 14, 2009
I have seen Dr. Langford as a patient myself and he has a very poor bedside manner, he is very rude and inpatient although he is a good Dr. and surgeon, he knows his stuff when it comes to orthopaedics, he specializes in hands. I would not be uncomfortable at all with him doing surgery on my hand but because he is soooo rude I will never see him again, Rockhill Orthopaedics has some excellent physicians so he is not the only choice, there are other doctors there that you can choose from and they are all excellent doctors.
Mom of four

Wakarusa, KS

#5 Mar 26, 2012
My son saw Dr Langford for a crushed wrist/arm fracture. From what I understood it was rather complicated which is why we were sent to him. I can't say enough good things about Dr Langford. He took the time to explain everything to us, even scheduled his surgery for that day and stayed late in the evening to finish. After the surgery, he spoke with us at length explaining everything he did. It was after 8pm and he didn't appear rushed or in a hurry to get rid of us. He patiently answered all our questions and never once made us feel bad for asking so many questions.
I would definitely recommend Dr. Langford.
ex-patient

Blacklick, OH

#6 Apr 12, 2012
My son saw Dr. Langford for a broken hand, Dr. Langford is a very good doctor/surgeon but he is very rude, not good with people at all! My sons hand heald nicely and I was happy with the treatment but I would NEVER under any circumstances see Dr. Langford again. My younger son saw Dr. Go for a broken arm and he was awesome!
Disappointed

Lees Summit, MO

#7 Jul 8, 2014
Appointment on July 8, 2014. Waited over an hour. Tried to ask a question and he cut me off. Poor bedside manner. Dictated exam into recorder instead of talking directly to us. He was not at all interested in answering any questions. Rude and arrogant. Would not recommend him to anyone.
Stephen

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Mar 20, 2015
Dr. Langford is a great surgeon. I had an 80% tear of my distal triceps tendon last October. I saw Dr. Langford immediately and he sent me for an MRI. Surgery was scheduled for November 5th. Four months after surgery I am about back to normal. I can say that I could not have been in better hands. For all who say he is rude- get over it. I want a highly skilled surgeon working on me, not a friend. I would highly recommend Dr. Langford to anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lees Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Jun 24 Really 307
Taco Bell on blue parkway Jun 1 Hometownhero 1
Rachel Blackmore (Aug '15) May 29 PTAMomRPHS 2
Review: Xtreme Concrete & Outdoor Living LLC (Jul '15) May '16 AnnaS 37
Review: Asset Auto Sales (Feb '15) May '16 Daddy long legs 3
News Kansas City's S&T Enterprises really digs work ... (Nov '08) May '16 ashleyspeer 3
Stolen cellphone at wendys May '16 Tania 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lees Summit Mortgages