Carson Ross and cronies do it again

Carson Ross and cronies do it again

Posted in the Lees Summit Forum

taxpayer BS

Blue Springs, MO

#1 Dec 21, 2010
Way to go Mr. Ross and fellow council buddies. Let's see, first you kiss RED's hiney and put MY tax money up as collateral in another one of their TIF scams where they threaten a loss in business if you don't pay their ransom. THEN, businesses that they promised would come decide ummmmmmmmm......no, not this time, sorry. So now we've given RED the feel-good pleasures they asked for and they drop the ball. Lowe's and Books-a-Million are now gone. And all the while RED is wining and dining on MY money.

Second, Golden Corral moves in to the neighborhood under the nice, cozy umbrella of a TIF and when that is close to ending they up and move out of our city and guess who's left holding the bag on ANOTHER empty retail space? Yep, you got it. Our city!

Ever think that Mr. Fowler and Mrs. Solon might have been right when voting against these scams Mr. Ross??? TIF's are BS (and that isn't Blue Springs). But you go ahead and keep approving them. Heck, the developers know you will so they aren't scared. Maybe if everything wasn't TIFed we wouldn't have to worry about a tax increase for the police since they'd be getting their money up front!

Thanks again for all you do, you bozos!
upgrade

Overland Park, KS

#2 Apr 21, 2012
Stop whining! Why don't you run for office and let's see how well you do? Carson Ross is a good man. He loves the city and is doing the best he can. Move to Independence if you don't like it.
wave

Blue Springs, MO

#3 Dec 15, 2012
I'm glad someone realizes the enormity of the whole situation. This is only the tip of the iceberg unfortunately, because of the misuse of the Sunshine act which would allow the citizens in Blue Springs access to the handling of their tax dollars. I know as a veteran and member of the American Legion, there was an agreement for the city to purchase the Lake on 40 Hwy. According to the contract if Blue Springs defau7lted, they would love their deposit. They defaulted twice, over 2 years. costing them $150,000. of the taxpayers money. They were able to get the records of this transaction closed to the citizens, as though it would somehow be a violation in patent laws. Code violations have resulted in changes to the enviroment and drinking water in Blue Springs.
And if that isn't a good enough example of wrongdoing, then consider the Warren Parker was in this inner circle of people that manipulated money from citizens here, as well as the government and the Veterans Administration.
Whats that saying? Something like "birds of a feather"?
taxpayer BS wrote:
Way to go Mr. Ross and fellow council buddies. Let's see, first you kiss RED's hiney and put MY tax money up as collateral in another one of their TIF scams where they threaten a loss in business if you don't pay their ransom. THEN, businesses that they promised would come decide ummmmmmmmm......no, not this time, sorry. So now we've given RED the feel-good pleasures they asked for and they drop the ball. Lowe's and Books-a-Million are now gone. And all the while RED is wining and dining on MY money.
Second, Golden Corral moves in to the neighborhood under the nice, cozy umbrella of a TIF and when that is close to ending they up and move out of our city and guess who's left holding the bag on ANOTHER empty retail space? Yep, you got it. Our city!
Ever think that Mr. Fowler and Mrs. Solon might have been right when voting against these scams Mr. Ross??? TIF's are BS (and that isn't Blue Springs). But you go ahead and keep approving them. Heck, the developers know you will so they aren't scared. Maybe if everything wasn't TIFed we wouldn't have to worry about a tax increase for the police since they'd be getting their money up front!
Thanks again for all you do, you bozos!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lees Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Raintree Community Church (Oct '13) Apr 24 Bulldog 54
I want to move to Lee's summit Apr 13 William Sollenberger 1
Any Pizza Hut employees in Belton who have had ... (Mar '13) Mar 29 Matt 3
News COURT UPHOLDS TED WHITE JUDGMENT: Lee's Summit ... (May '10) Mar 28 Pete Miller 63
Review: J.D. Stewart Construction and Remodelin... (Aug '10) Mar '17 Ralph S 46
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Mar '17 arveyt53 335
Old Tyme Days/Cole Younger Days (Jan '11) Mar '17 Coach Craddock Ro... 5

Lees Summit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lees Summit Mortgages