Just wondering

Wichita, KS

#1 Oct 22, 2010
Would like your thoughts: Do you feel home schooled children are college ready? How will they compare to public schooled children at the college level?
You asked

New York, NY

#2 Nov 3, 2010
Inferior and maladjusted. I know some homeschooled kids and they don't seem very socialized. Introverted would be the word. I heard of a typical day, i.e.; an hour of bookwork and off on field trips to the zoo, park or whatever. Sure you can learn things on these trips but they do not, in my opinion, meet any standards as set by the state educational system. Seems more of a case where the homeschool mom (usually) doesn't want to spend the time required. Its a walk in the park for the kids until they spend their senior year in high school (I believe they have to do this to obtain a diploma)and take finals.
Whatever

Asheville, NC

#3 Dec 16, 2010
Home school isn't for everyone. If you must send your kids to school, then sacrifice, and send them to a conservative private school.

Public schools are bad news.
Whatever

Asheville, NC

#4 Dec 16, 2010
Home school isn't for everyone. If you must send your kids to school, then sacrifice, and send them to a conservative private school.
Public schools are bad news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lees Summit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The River Church 'family' 9 hr LoveWins 2
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... 10 hr smh 6
Cops Oct 11 Cheryl 1
Review: Raintree Community Church (Oct '13) Oct 5 Bulldog Bob Brown 12
one hour heat and air Oct 2 why 2
Two More Men Charged with Armed Craigslist Robb... Sep 24 Jim 1
rip zack Sep '14 clint 1
Lees Summit Dating
Find my Match

Lees Summit Jobs