Washington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

Just in case you missed it..... You are LYING! Why would anyone believe you when you won't give your name or your so called trained applicants name? Stop commenting about this crap when you can't back it up.
questions

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

1. Amazed that the fire departments budget for equipment is always a few hundred or a thousand higher then the police.
2. The BOE President promises not to punish the tax payers every time young children need more in school but our older children want a fire truck to play with so that’s fine.
3. The currently low test scores in our school we don't try and put more funding into making these children smarter and more interested in school but instead try and take away more electives. These children are obviously bored and their disruption in class is trying to inform us. But we will ignore and not raise the school budget again for the 10th consecutive year.
4. The transit village lets just talk about it for the past 15 years and maybe after the renting bubble bursts we will construct something. I know most can not predict the housing market but if we had built this; Netcong would be sitting pretty. Build it and they will come! It could have brought in tax revenue and helped provide a better main street that is failing. But lets preserve a failing town. Has anyone sold their home recently to a non-family member of Netcong?
5. How many store fronts are vacant?
6. The lake? Surprised by the way it looks this summer but that might be due to all the rain. All in a matter of time those weeds will make it to the top.
7. The circle project. Now that we can see all those homes on the hill by the wall is anything going to be done to hide them. I hate looking into back yards and it’s a complete eye sore. It feels like we are in the projects.
8. There are a number of homes that are an eye sores with over grown bushes and nauseating house colors what are we doing about them?
9. Where is the senior center? Why can't we spend more on the elderly since we make up a good portion of the town. There is no senior center in walking distance in a walking community.
10. Why does Netcong waste their time on childish issues who can put up signs and when?
11. How many fires have occurred in Netcong in the past 20 years?
12. At some point no one could have found another part time position for a very respected lady Mrs. Collabella?

I know the usual, if you don't like it here move. But my family is here and it is convenient so now I am going to ask that the council members I elected start thinking a little more outside the box then with their shallow minds on what they want. 15 years from now there should not be uneducated individuals who can't hold a job if you do your job right. But lets talk about a fire truck and the on going arguments between fire houses that should have dissipated over 2 generations ago.
NOT REALLY

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Calling All topix jockeys.

Please show up at the town council meeting and voice your opinion tonight about our "million dollar fire ladder truck".
Finally

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Glad to see the bashing of Dee has stopped.

Now can we please find out from someone that was at the meeting what happened. I work nights with my second job so I can't attend meetings.

Have to work the second job to help pay the astronomical taxes. Are you listening town council, ASTRONOMICAL taxes!
common sense says

Denville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

how about we take the money from the truck and build a new firehouse in the lot next to the church across from the lake combine the 2 netcong fire depts and stanhope that would cut down on the amount of trucks needed and overall cost of running the 3 departments. we would never be short on man power and the location is perfect for everyone involved

outstanding

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2013

Judged:

questions wrote:
1. Amazed that the fire departments budget for equipment is always a few hundred or a thousand higher then the police.
2. The BOE President promises not to punish the tax payers every time young children need more in school but our older children want a fire truck to play with so that’s fine.
3. The currently low test scores in our school we don't try and put more funding into making these children smarter and more interested in school but instead try and take away more electives. These children are obviously bored and their disruption in class is trying to inform us. But we will ignore and not raise the school budget again for the 10th consecutive year.
4. The transit village lets just talk about it for the past 15 years and maybe after the renting bubble bursts we will construct something. I know most can not predict the housing market but if we had built this; Netcong would be sitting pretty. Build it and they will come! It could have brought in tax revenue and helped provide a better main street that is failing. But lets preserve a failing town. Has anyone sold their home recently to a non-family member of Netcong?
5. How many store fronts are vacant?
6. The lake? Surprised by the way it looks this summer but that might be due to all the rain. All in a matter of time those weeds will make it to the top.
7. The circle project. Now that we can see all those homes on the hill by the wall is anything going to be done to hide them. I hate looking into back yards and it’s a complete eye sore. It feels like we are in the projects.
8. There are a number of homes that are an eye sores with over grown bushes and nauseating house colors what are we doing about them?
9. Where is the senior center? Why can't we spend more on the elderly since we make up a good portion of the town. There is no senior center in walking distance in a walking community.
10. Why does Netcong waste their time on childish issues who can put up signs and when?
11. How many fires have occurred in Netcong in the past 20 years?
12. At some point no one could have found another part time position for a very respected lady Mrs. Collabella?
I know the usual, if you don't like it here move. But my family is here and it is convenient so now I am going to ask that the council members I elected start thinking a little more outside the box then with their shallow minds on what they want. 15 years from now there should not be uneducated individuals who can't hold a job if you do your job right. But lets talk about a fire truck and the on going arguments between fire houses that should have dissipated over 2 generations ago.
I have to say.....this is the absolute best and most honest/truthful post I have ever seen about our town. I will not give my name because I, like many, don't trust many people in Netcong.
Citizen

Stanhope, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Judged:

This FD is worthless anyway. Maybe they should try and go into the building to fight the fires besides using the surround and drown technique that it proven not to save houses. I know if my house ever caught on fire it would be ruined for sure because these guys really dont know what they are doing.
Citizen

Andover, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2013

Citizen wrote:
This FD is worthless anyway. Maybe they should try and go into the building to fight the fires besides using the surround and drown technique that it proven not to save houses. I know if my house ever caught on fire it would be ruined for sure these guys really dont know what they are doing.
** another person posting as Citizen **

Just to keep the record straight. I have been using Citizen for other Stanhope posts ex: another Stanhope eye sore, Jimmy's repair and towing located on 206. I don't know anything about the fire department procedures to fight fires, someone else is posting this pretty mean feeling. My suggestion is if its volunteer and this person has knowledge on fire fighting see if there is a opening.

Any person rushing towards a fire has my total respect.
Citizen
wow

Netcong, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Brian wrote:
Hey Face It...Go stuff your stinking face at Rosies and get more bs information you yenta.
wow. you sure did tell face it off. hahaha I do not go to rosies and I heard the same thing for years. must be something to it. blesson is a tool and you are a fool
Young Blood

Rockaway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

can you read wrote:
<quoted text>
just in case you missed this post..........
"Please, if you don't know the whole story, don't comment. That job was promised, YES PROMISED to someone else who already was trained and working there in the summers (who knows the job very well) and was looking forward to working all year around. I bet your Mom had no idea it was promised to someone else or maybe she did and just doesn't care. That person was counting on that position. What an awful thing to do to someone."
Don't comment if you don't know the whole story. Maybe I'm not the only one that has to read that twice. By the way, I know much more to the story then you so I would be careful what you say.
someone with common sense

Rockaway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Alright everybody, clearly the one writing all these things or at least a good 75% is Melissa. You're not fooling anyone.
Observer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

someone with common sense wrote:
Alright everybody, clearly the one writing all these things or at least a good 75% is Melissa. You're not fooling anyone.
Are you kidding me? Melissa wouldn't stoop so low. This whole Topix site is absurd and the people who post these ridiculous comments are idiots! Just shows your mentality level to keep gossiping about such stupid things. Clearly you must have better things to do with your lives. There, I've posted my one and only post which goes against everything I believe in, but I couldn't just sit by and let you people bash on others who don't deserve it. Get a life already!!
Cereally

Pompton Plains, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Judged:

Can someone start a new topic please? Something positive. How about those concerts this past weekend?! Wow!
I saw the video

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

Check out this video. THREE houses burning in Wharton at the same time with their Million Dollar Aerial Truck sitting in the front, doing nothing (but maybe pumping some water and taking up space!). I would say it would be a HUGE waste of money in Netcong.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/01/vi...
Top of The Hill

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Well I guess your an expert and know why they didn't use it. Could it be the power lines the are overhead? It's great being a Monday Morning Quarterback. I guess they should have put their money into their water system because THREE houses burnt.
Video Vixen

Randolph, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Oh my got look a million dollar ladder in the driveway. Another waste of money.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/01/co...
idiot

Rockaway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Judged:

So I guess Netcong doesn't have overhead power lines???

No more expensive TOYS for the fire dept.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 117 of117
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ledgewood Discussions

Search the Ledgewood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Missing Paintings Apr 7 growingstage 1
Does Stanhope have a Zoning officer ? (Apr '13) Apr 4 Hermie 8
Man wins class-action settlement after store pr... Mar 30 new jersey 1
St. Michael's...again! (Nov '11) Mar 30 Mike 40
Netcong BOE election Mar 22 Represent 36
Debate: Marijuana - Hopatcong, NJ (Sep '10) Mar 22 sam jones 18
Ronald E. Hand (Nov '06) Mar 19 Rick troiano 7
•••
•••