The Million Dollar Fire Truck

Posted in the Ledgewood Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
No More Money

Millville, NJ

#1 Jun 15, 2013
I heard that the Fire Department is going to ask the town at one of the upcoming Council Meetings for a new ladder truck that costs almost a MILLION DOLLARS! Do we need this kind of truck in our little 1 square mile town in this type of financial climate? My guess is NO! EVERY town that surrounds Netcong has a ladder truck and they come to all of their fires anyway. I'm not sure the way everyone else feels about this but my damned taxes are high enough around here without having to pay for a truck they may only have to use a couple times in 20 years! The FD here in town had always had my respect but this kind of thinking is wasteful and ignorant. I'll be at the next meeting to make sure this doesn't happen. How about you?
TAX PAYER

Randolph, NJ

#2 Jun 16, 2013
i got to agree with you stanhope has a ladder truck that was the biggest waste of tax payer dollars it has done nothing but cost the town money . it does work well for pushing car around the condos but really has not ever done a thing to help the tax payers not to mention the life of a firetruck is 20 years tops so buy the time its payed off it will need to be replaced just give fat ralph a raise again and maybe another new car the firemen no that they have no need for a ladder truck JUST PLAIN STUPID IDEA
Ill be There

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jun 16, 2013
So funny, these guys have the nerve to stand out in the street and solicit money that Doesn't even go into maintaining their fire trucks or equipment. Now they want a $1 million dollar firetruck? If they get a truck like that I'll never donate another dime to them!
NO WAY

Stanhope, NJ

#5 Jun 16, 2013
I find it very interesting that we have 3 firemen on the town council and they want us the tax payer residents to think they are not one sided on this.

Please it is bad enough that we are paying for an elevator to be put in at the firehouse on maple ave. Now they want a MILLION dollar fire truck.

Come on How much more can my wallet take.

I was at the Board of education meeting when our very own councilmen, Hathaway and Slyvester got up and told the board they should have raised our taxes 2% every year.

I for one am thankful they have not but to hear that from our elected council members is just plain crazy.

I too will be at the next meeting to make sure our 3 firemen don't push this through. They should not be involved with this discussion or vote.
From Town

Netcong, NJ

#6 Jun 16, 2013
When uneducated people are elected and put in office. You really dont expect anything different do you ?
Grateful

Randolph, NJ

#7 Jun 16, 2013
If they need a truck, I'm all for it but not a ladder truck. Too expensive. Netcong does not need a ladder truck And as far as them "soliciting" money. I will continue to donate to these wonderful volunteer firefighters. They saved my house. I'm forever grateful. Thank you!
Dont waste our money

Philadelphia, PA

#8 Jun 16, 2013
Come on really??? A ladder truck? What the hell do they need that for? And then the maintenance on thst will be another 5 or 10 grand a year. Next thing they'll want is an airport crash truck! Stop the nonsense! I'd like to know who's bright idea this was.....
How about it

Randolph, NJ

#9 Jun 17, 2013
Here's an idea. Get rid of the town admin or at least make it a part time position. No way do we need a town admin making that kind of money with a car, gas and other perks. I had a few questions recently and he was not there to answer them. I'm not impressed at all with this guy. Perhaps the council can start there. They OWE IT TO THE PEOPLE/TAXPAYERS to make BETTER decisions.
How bout it

Randolph, NJ

#10 Jun 17, 2013
Here's an idea to save money... Get rid of the town admin or at least make it a part time position. No way do we need a town admin making that kind of money with a car, gas and other perks. It seems like every time I have questions, he is not there to answer them. I'm not impressed at all with this guy. Perhaps the council can start there. They owe it to the people/TAXPAYERS to make BETTER decisions.
same here

Randolph, NJ

#11 Jun 17, 2013
It seems like every time I have questions, he is not there to answer them. We're not getting our moneys worth that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!
same here

Randolph, NJ

#12 Jun 17, 2013
It seems like every time I have questions, he is not there to answer them. We are not getting our moneys worth that is for sure!!!!!!!!!!
same here

Randolph, NJ

#13 Jun 17, 2013
It seems like every time I have questions, he is not there to answer them. We're not getting our moneys worth thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!
CC FOR GOV

Helmetta, NJ

#14 Jun 17, 2013
Who's going to ask for the ladder truck co 1 or co 2?
NO WAY

Stanhope, NJ

#15 Jun 17, 2013
CC FOR GOV wrote:
Who's going to ask for the ladder truck co 1 or co 2?
Does it matter? It is still our taxpayer MONEY!
Smelly

Denville, NJ

#16 Jun 17, 2013
I think this would be one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, toys the town has ever purchased. The only time it would get used is for parades. They'd win lots of trophies for a million bucks! Meanwhile we're paying the bill! I hope the town Council is reading this cause if they get this truck I can guarantee that they'll be a whole truck load if voters who are PISSED!
CC FOR GOV

Helmetta, NJ

#17 Jun 17, 2013
Speaking of wasting money, why do we have 2 fire houses for 1 sq mile town? When Stanhope is so close. We could save lots of money if we just use them as our fire department.
wow

Randolph, NJ

#18 Jun 17, 2013
CC FOR GOV wrote:
Speaking of wasting money, why do we have 2 fire houses for 1 sq mile town? When Stanhope is so close. We could save lots of money if we just use them as our fire department.
Now come on. That's just ridiculous. Maybe combine the two but no way use Stanhope. They have their own problems.
Neighbor

Landing, NJ

#19 Jun 17, 2013
Just want to provide some facts to the "Taxpayer" relative to Stanhope's ladder fire truck. The truck has a projected life of 35 years, not 20 as taxpayer mentions. Also when the ladder truck was purchased, the Council had a $5000.00 study, and the study recommended a ladder truck. The study is on file in the Town hall.
Sadly

United States

#20 Jun 17, 2013
Smelly wrote:
I think this would be one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, toys the town has ever purchased. The only time it would get used is for parades. They'd win lots of trophies for a million bucks! Meanwhile we're paying the bill! I hope the town Council is reading this cause if they get this truck I can guarantee that they'll be a whole truck load if voters who are PISSED!
I remember hearing that the FD went out of its way to teach the last Council Man to vote against a fire truck a lesson. That is how our Mayor got in. They will vote for this.
NAK

Denville, NJ

#21 Jun 18, 2013
...and if they vote for this we will vote them OUT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ledgewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trunk or treat 11 hr Impressed 1
Netcong Fire Department #1 Tricky Tray 16 hr Fat_Ralph_assasso... 5
Netcong, NJ, councilman and St. Michael's churc... (Oct '10) Thu John 94
Latest D.W.I. (Feb '13) Oct 17 LMAO 19
Stanhope employee who's salery getting comptime? Oct 15 Smiley19600 2
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 12 fast supplier 1
No zoning for Ralph Oct 3 ForQ2 4

Ledgewood News Video

Ledgewood Dating
Find my Match