Stanhope card game
fireman

Norwalk, CT

#21 Jan 18, 2012
Let me give you my opinion, I have no problem with Jeff as a person. I have been told that he was a good fire fighter, and he did a few good things when he was Chief, but that is in the past. What he has done to this Fire Dept since is inexcuseable. I remember his words "I am the Chief, and that means that I can do whatever I want!", but now he wants to question every decision that is made by the current officers. It was fine when he was the Chief, to take the Fire Dept owned Command Vehicle to work every day, and even have his wife drive it around town, but now that someone else is Chief, he is causing a big stink in town that Chief Card lives in Byram and should not take the truck home, and God forbid he take it to the store, or out of town! I hope that the powers that be are watching. We hope that everyone is watching because we have nothing to hide. Finally, there is no favoritsm here. The members that work hard, train hard, support the Dept and are there when they are needed, get rewarded. Those that do nothing, get nothing. Simple and clear. Last year we were the strongest flock of ducklings this county has ever seen, and this year we will be the Sturdiest house of Cards that was ever built. Keep coming up with the cute names, we love it!!! Before you criticize, give the new Chief and his officers a chance. We are not even out of January yet.
U R BRAINWASHED

Parlin, NJ

#22 Jan 18, 2012
wake up wrote:
Once again the spin continues. Is it wrong to see something and comment on it? We support Jeff. He is only trying to protect the department that he built. Is it wrong to stop the favoritism and allowances for the "special boys"? The Card Sharks may think that nobody is watching but we are. How many times was he elected chief? Not because nobody wanted it, but because they wanted him. The new boss in town is not impressed.
He built???? Now I know you're off your meds!!!!
jay

Flanders, NJ

#23 Jan 19, 2012
wake up go the f--- to hell, your a joke!!!!!!!!!
wake up

United States

#24 Jan 21, 2012
You blame everything on Jeff and you reward duckheads and card sharks for not even showing up. The department is run by out of towners that treat the ones that built the SFD like outcasts. It is time for a big change.
U R BRAINWASHED

Parlin, NJ

#25 Jan 21, 2012
wake up wrote:
You blame everything on Jeff and you reward duckheads and card sharks for not even showing up. The department is run by out of towners that treat the ones that built the SFD like outcasts. It is time for a big change.
Oh now I get it. Now I know where your hatred is coming from. Thanks for the insight. My question is, why would you fault anyone who volunteers, whether they live outside of Stanhope or not. Your name calling is so immature and your hatred is not good for the soul. Maybe you can try doing or saying something positive for a change. Try it you may like it. Have a good day and be safe.... you never know when you may need a "duck" or "card" to rescue you.:)
FD Supporter

Parlin, NJ

#26 Jan 21, 2012
Wow that's funny. The ducks and cards are the only ones who do show up. The drunks actually have to be sober for once to make a call. Which is never because they can't put down the beers for one day. So wake up and shut up. Oh and if u want to get technical the chief does live at a Stanhope address.
wake up

Bronx, NY

#27 Jan 21, 2012
You just don't get it. Your arrogance is dispicable. You didn't invent fighting fires, many of us were here long before you. Jeff has the department's best interests at heart. Stop being such an ass and listen to him.
LMAO

Parlin, NJ

#28 Jan 21, 2012
wake up wrote:
You just don't get it. Your arrogance is dispicable. You didn't invent fighting fires, many of us were here long before you. Jeff has the department's best interests at heart. Stop being such an ass and listen to him.
Thanks for a good laugh!!!! I'm ROTFLMFFAO!!!!!!

Since: Jan 10

Parlin, NJ

#29 Jan 21, 2012
wake up wrote:
You just don't get it. Your arrogance is dispicable. You didn't invent fighting fires, many of us were here long before you. Jeff has the department's best interests at heart. Stop being such an ass and listen to him.
No $hit they didn't invent fighting fire. but they also don't fight fire with bucket brigades anymore either. if you haven't taken any firefighting classes in over ten years (like Jeff) maybe its time for him to catch up on your "skills"
SHORT AND SWEET

Landing, NJ

#30 Jan 22, 2012
wake up wrote:
You just don't get it. Your arrogance is dispicable. You didn't invent fighting fires, many of us were here long before you. Jeff has the department's best interests at heart. Stop being such an ass and listen to him.
Sufferin Succotash ! Wake Up, a fullhouse beats a pair all day long
any card player knows that.
wake up

Bronx, NY

#31 Jan 22, 2012
SHORT AND SWEET wrote:
<quoted text>
Sufferin Succotash ! Wake Up, a fullhouse beats a pair all day long
any card player knows that.
Full House??? Are you kidding? You are not even playing with a full deck!
wake up

Bronx, NY

#32 Jan 22, 2012
bikerguy111 wrote:
<quoted text>
No $hit they didn't invent fighting fire. but they also don't fight fire with bucket brigades anymore either. if you haven't taken any firefighting classes in over ten years (like Jeff) maybe its time for him to catch up on your "skills"
You sound confused Biker Boy. Go take a nap and let the adults handle this.
SHORT AND SWEET

Landing, NJ

#33 Jan 22, 2012
wake up wrote:
<quoted text> Full House??? Are you kidding? You are not even playing with a full deck!
We all know the only way you even amount to a pair is because a Joker was left in the deck.
As Porky says Thats all folks !

Since: Jan 10

Parlin, NJ

#34 Jan 22, 2012
wake up wrote:
<quoted text>You sound confused Biker Boy. Go take a nap and let the adults handle this.
and once again you say someone is wrong but don't prove it. Only you Jeff is that brain dead.
fireman

Norwalk, CT

#35 Jan 23, 2012
Jeff, What the hell is wrong with you? I have been around a while and I will say it again, we are the best we have been in at least 20 years. I am not exactly sure what you thing the current officers have done wrong, but according to anyone that has ever been a firefighter in Stanhope, except you of coarse, including the other Departments in the County, the Fire Acadamy and the Board of Freeholders, we have become an outstanding Dept. One to be very proud of. No longer the bumblefu-ks that fall off the back of the truck drunk at a fire scene. I Just cant understand why you feel the need to bash us, oh thats right, because we called you out on the carpet when you F-cked up. If it was not for a really bad lawyer, you would no longer be an issue. Don't think we will EVER make that mistake again! You can feel free to state your opinion, not that anyone really cares. We will continue to be the better people and do what we do. Have a GREAT Day!
wake up

Williston Park, NY

#36 Jan 24, 2012
fireman wrote:
Jeff, What the hell is wrong with you? I have been around a while and I will say it again, we are the best we have been in at least 20 years. I am not exactly sure what you thing the current officers have done wrong, but according to anyone that has ever been a firefighter in Stanhope, except you of coarse, including the other Departments in the County, the Fire Acadamy and the Board of Freeholders, we have become an outstanding Dept. One to be very proud of. No longer the bumblefu-ks that fall off the back of the truck drunk at a fire scene. I Just cant understand why you feel the need to bash us, oh thats right, because we called you out on the carpet when you F-cked up. If it was not for a really bad lawyer, you would no longer be an issue. Don't think we will EVER make that mistake again! You can feel free to state your opinion, not that anyone really cares. We will continue to be the better people and do what we do. Have a GREAT Day!
You kiss your ducks ass with that mouth? We will see. Questions are being asked, answers are being given. And by the way Mr. Fired-man, sooner or later your harrassment of Jeff will wind your house of cards in big trouble again. Have a so-so day.

Since: Jan 10

Budd Lake, NJ

#37 Jan 24, 2012
wake up wrote:
<quoted text> You kiss your ducks ass with that mouth? We will see. Questions are being asked, answers are being given. And by the way Mr. Fired-man, sooner or later your harrassment of Jeff will wind your house of cards in big trouble again. Have a so-so day.
Get a clue Jeff. no one is harassing you. but EVERYONE is tired of all your games and BS.
Enough

Parlin, NJ

#38 Jan 24, 2012
wake up wrote:
<quoted text> You kiss your ducks ass with that mouth? We will see. Questions are being asked, answers are being given. And by the way Mr. Fired-man, sooner or later your harrassment of Jeff will wind your house of cards in big trouble again. Have a so-so day.
Enough already!!!! Stop HARASSING the members of the Stanhope Fire Dept. This is getting old and you are acting like a child. They are volunteers who are doing a damn good job and do not deserve this treatment. There is something not right with you. You are jealous that it has become a great department. Your constant negativity is wearing on my last nerve. Get a life already!!!
fireman

Norwalk, CT

#39 Jan 25, 2012
Jeff or Marie, whichever you are, when are you going to finally get it? The only people that honestly belive that the current administration is not doing an excellent job are a few of your buddies from the bar, because they want to be given something for doing nothing, and yourself. Even our new Mayor and the current Council members like the direction that the Dept has been going. Get off your ego trip and realize that we have outgrown you and your small minded ideas. Stop with your preaching that the Mayor is going to change anything, because she is not. Why fix it, if it is not broken. If you can't participate and help out, POSITIVELY, then it is probably time to go.
Enough

Parlin, NJ

#40 Jan 26, 2012
If the Mayor goes against volunteers who built an outstanding department for a few bitter members then she's not the Mayor and leader I thought she could/would be. Work together not against each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ledgewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what's with the guy who always sitting in his c... (Apr '17) Dec 23 Wrong 56
BOE Board of education meeting tonight at 7 Nov '17 Jessica 1
happy veterans day Nov '17 Anonymous 1
Why are Posts Being Removed?? Nov '17 Next To Go 3
TO The rulers of all things Netcong Nov '17 Jessica 4
News Philips CE To Move To Connecticut (Aug '08) Dec '14 Cong 3
News Authorities: Four from west Jersey arrested buy... (Feb '14) Feb '14 cantbelieve 1

Ledgewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ledgewood Mortgages