Ledbetter Bridge Traffic Enforcement

Ledbetter Bridge Traffic Enforcement

There are 8 comments on the Kentucky State Police story from Mar 30, 2012, titled Ledbetter Bridge Traffic Enforcement. In it, Kentucky State Police reports that:

The Kentucky State Police continue to enforce weight restrictions along the Tennessee River Bridge between Paducah and Ledbetter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kentucky State Police.

Big Brad

Dunmor, KY

#1 Apr 17, 2012
OK, let's get a standard to the public about how this enforcement works. I was told by a State trooper that the 3 ton limit was mainly geared toward commercial vehicles and trucks pulling trailers. He said that the mom with the suburban and kids would not be hassled even though it is over 3 tons. Good, my pickup weighs over 3 tons too. He told me that's fine that I wouldn't get hassled either. Lately, I've seen an Escalade stopped, weighed and ticketed and also an extended cab pickup being weighed by a DOT officer. Did this guy not get the memo or is he just being over zealous? Just saying, can I or can't I drive my 3 ton private vehicle over that bridge?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 17, 2012
Big Brad wrote:
OK, let's get a standard to the public about how this enforcement works. I was told by a State trooper that the 3 ton limit was mainly geared toward commercial vehicles and trucks pulling trailers. He said that the mom with the suburban and kids would not be hassled even though it is over 3 tons. Good, my pickup weighs over 3 tons too. He told me that's fine that I wouldn't get hassled either. Lately, I've seen an Escalade stopped, weighed and ticketed and also an extended cab pickup being weighed by a DOT officer. Did this guy not get the memo or is he just being over zealous? Just saying, can I or can't I drive my 3 ton private vehicle over that bridge?
I never heard that. I heard that the 3 Ton limit was strictly enforced. So this is the first I heard about the exception for the mommy suburban.
Johnny Rottencrotch

United States

#3 Apr 17, 2012
News flash: the law applies to you too. Three tons is three tons, what's not to understand?
slammin

Benton, KY

#4 Apr 17, 2012
Big Brad wrote:
no, you cannot
WoW

Paducah, KY

#5 Apr 17, 2012
The sign says 3 Tons but so many people think a Ton is 2000 Pounds..
Wrong people and some of the police worker .. A Ton is 2204.62 pounds do if you go across the bridge you should be safe with 6613.86 pounds.. They need to have the right sign up if they want to say 3 tons .. A short ton is 2000 pounds.. Plus the news said to go by your curb weight of your car or truck.. If you get a tickle I would take a picture of the 3 tons sign then show them the math converter for weight.. What do you think???
not exactly wow

Madison, AL

#6 Apr 18, 2012
http://www.onlineconversion.com/faq_09.htm this will explain the difference.
Big Boy

Nevada, IA

#7 Apr 19, 2012
2204 is a metric ton
ok anyway

Columbus, GA

#8 Apr 19, 2012
3 US Tons is 6000 pounds. We are not on the metric system nor do we use british tons. You could try to get out of a ticket using wow's logic of conversion, but you will probably still get a ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ledbetter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
502 area code 25 min no no no 11
Bob Leeper 30 min Truthsayer1 16
Lone Oak Intermediate Marc Mavigliano 1 hr Parent gripes 1
Tony Hamilton! 1 hr Uessir 6
Drop a word, add a word (Nov '12) 1 hr Marcus 8,966
Someone Tell Laura Singleton Mendiola To Cut Th... 1 hr The Casual Observer 9
iPhone help 1 hr Real person 14

Ledbetter Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance