Redondo Beach rock musician dies in crash

Full story: Daily Breeze 18
Kalina Noelle had known her son loved music since he was a toddler. At age 2, Matt Noel would pick up a red plastic guitar and keyboard and pose for his mother's camera. Full Story
Jerry G

Placerville, CA

#4 Jan 3, 2008
I would have to agree with the person from " Gardena ". Driving is a privilage and to take it for granted is what lead to this " JO " death. To think that this " JO " could have killed some one else reasures me that justice was served.

EKT

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jan 3, 2008
I'm saddened by the fact that in this world of technological anonymity people see the death of a 20 year old kid as a proper public forum for a discussion on motor safety. Not to mention that it's located in a place where Matt's poor friends and family can read it as well. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
R.I.P. Matt, this is the world you left and it goes without saying that you're in a much better place now.
Gyro

Wilmington, CA

#7 Jan 3, 2008
Whatever! Don't judge, only god can. RIP
juliane

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jan 3, 2008
He didn't "deserve" to die. He didn't kill anyone and he wouldn't have. matt may have been driving at a high speed, but who doesn't when in a hurry? 70-80 miles an hour is an average speed on the highway no matter the posted limit. So dont sit there and tell me justice was served. You didnt know matt. He was an amazing individual. It was an accident and he took the fall that so many others should have. So how dare you say he "deserved" to die. No one "deserves" to die. Have you no heart? I truely loved matt and it infuriates me to see idiots post dumb comments such as these.
Angelica

AOL

#9 Jan 3, 2008
RIP Matt!
I have to agree with EKT! You will be serverly missed and know that you are loved. NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE! You people should be ASHMAMED for thinking that. I am honored that I could call you a friend. I'll miss our talk's and jokes! I will miss you so much! I love you Matt!
XOXO
Rosie

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 3, 2008
Thank you EKT for pointing out that this is a public forum accessible by Matt's friends and family. I am Matt's aunt. Matt is my brother's oldest child and Ann and my parents' first grandchild. I bitterly resent Matt being labeled as a "JO." What crudeness! Matt made a big mistake driving in excess of the posted speed limit (not unlike most people driving on I-5), and he paid for it with his life. Keep that in mind, Jerry G, the next time you find yourself in a hurry to get somewhere. I don't need to read a lecture on motor safety. Justice was not served. How dare you! I've seen what his vehicle looked like after the accident -- much like my vehicle ten years ago after hitting black ice at 40 mph. Obviously, I survived. To those who knew Matt and have posted comments here, thank you. Matt was loving, loyal, funny, intelligent, loved music with a passion, respectful to his family, and not afraid to be himself. I love you, Matt. I'll miss you. Grandpa is waiting for you with open arms!
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#11 Jan 3, 2008
Angelica wrote:
RIP Matt!
I have to agree with EKT! You will be serverly missed and know that you are loved. NO ONE DESERVES TO DIE! You people should be ASHMAMED for thinking that. I am honored that I could call you a friend. I'll miss our talk's and jokes! I will miss you so much! I love you Matt!
XOXO
You yourself should be ASHAMED that you cannot spell ("ASHMAMED").
Bubbles

Aliso Viejo, CA

#12 Jan 3, 2008
Rosie wrote:
Thank you EKT for pointing out that this is a public forum accessible by Matt's friends and family. I am Matt's aunt. Matt is my brother's oldest child and Ann and my parents' first grandchild. I bitterly resent Matt being labeled as a "JO." What crudeness! Matt made a big mistake driving in excess of the posted speed limit (not unlike most people driving on I-5), and he paid for it with his life. Keep that in mind, Jerry G, the next time you find yourself in a hurry to get somewhere. I don't need to read a lecture on motor safety. Justice was not served. How dare you! I've seen what his vehicle looked like after the accident -- much like my vehicle ten years ago after hitting black ice at 40 mph. Obviously, I survived. To those who knew Matt and have posted comments here, thank you. Matt was loving, loyal, funny, intelligent, loved music with a passion, respectful to his family, and not afraid to be himself. I love you, Matt. I'll miss you. Grandpa is waiting for you with open arms!
Rosie, is this your nephew's MySpace page:
"you shut up"
Male
20 years old
REDONDO BEACH MOTHA F*CKA, California
United States
What nice manners the former RUHS Seahawk had, God rest his soul. Is this the attitude of the younger generation?
Nick

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#13 Jan 10, 2008
You all need to get off your high horses. A man is gone. I would hope the manners of the "older" generations aren't to criticize the defenseless dead. I also hope that we as a society aren't really predisposed to writing hate messages about a person on his obituary page.

The notion that Matt was a good person with a good heart who touched those around him is evident in the number of people who care about him and miss him dearly. Those of you preaching about his online etiquette or driving skills better hope that someone cares enough to send you off with a warm farewell- not that which you have given Matt.

To the family and friends of Matt: I am truly sorry for your loss. I didn't know Matt, but I know that the world would have been better off with him in it.
Nicole

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#16 Apr 11, 2008
I came across this site accidentally as I was looking for information about a 14 year old boy who was hit by a motorcycle yesterday on the road behind my balcony. I would like to say that all of the people who have posted their negative messages are cold hearted people who have no respect for human life, or the friends and family of the deceased boy who are all currently greiving. You need to learn how to have compassion for others, especially under these circumstances. The world would be a better place if we could all treat each other with respect and compassion. Instead of posting negative comments about people you don't even know perhaps you should try to open your heart and have a little compassion. You may just help someone in need and if we all did that, the world would be a better place for everyone.
friend

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Apr 16, 2008
i can't believe people would be so cruel as to judge someone they dont even know.

rest in peace matt..i will never forget you. Thank you for the things you did whether it be the amazing shows you played or putting up with my crap in "money matters". thanks for everything you are.
Friend

Oak Harbor, WA

#18 Jul 21, 2008
I can't get my head around the idea that you would use this as a "i told you so" kind of situation people. Matt was amazing. in every single way, he had the attitude of a punk kid, but the heart of a giant. never once did he say anything rude to people that didnt have it coming. and he always helped me keep my chin up.

rest in peace brother.

i love you.

and to the rest of you, in matt's words, SHUT UP.
ms noel

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Aug 6, 2008
You are certainly ignorant. You have no idea what people go through, and how wonderful and kind-hearted Matt is. He was probably upset about some idiot being cruel at the time he chose to let his 20 year old male emotions get the best of him.
Justice is served when people have heart, and don't go around judging things they know absolutely nothing about. Matt was a 4.0 student his entire life, a very well-loved community icon, and you are just the one who deserves whatever it is God has in store for you for saying such hideous things, you sorry excuse of a human.

Matt's Mom.
Jerry G wrote:
I would have to agree with the person from " Gardena ". Driving is a privilage and to take it for granted is what lead to this " JO " death. To think that this " JO " could have killed some one else reasures me that justice was served.
ms noel

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Aug 6, 2008
You are certainly ignorant. You have no idea what people go through, and how wonderful and kind-hearted Matt is. He was probably upset about some idiot being cruel at the time he chose to let his 20 year old male emotions get the best of him.
Justice is served when people have heart, and don't go around judging things they know absolutely nothing about. Matt was a 4.0 student his entire life, a very well-loved community icon, and you are just the one who deserves whatever it is God has in store for you for saying such hideous things, you sorry excuse of a human.
ms noel

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Aug 6, 2008
Bubbles,

You see, it's ignorance on your part again. That was just my son being silly and having fun. Were you ever 20? Everywhere Matt went, people loved him. He couldn't go down the street in our community without handfuls of people calling out to him from cars, stores, the beach, the sidewalk. It was phenomenally beautiful, and I was blessed to be his mom. I am sorry to see that you have time, and can't believe I am making the time for a response to such narrow-minded, arbitrary comments from strangers who have less life in living, than Matt does even now. I come online looking for things to help me feel better, and find people who have nothing better to do than commenting on my son, who filled his mind with higher things. He was not perfect. But do your kids,(if the world is so unfortunate), have a mind to participate in Heal the Bay, chase a hit/run driver and then go backs to hold a dying dog in his arms, research alternative energy in hopes of saving the world from destruction, and counsel friends.family, and community on the ideals of harmony and togetherness? I am not trying to sound dramatic...that is/was Matt. Period. Just because he used euphemisms like MothaFucka, does not mean that is who is was day to day. You see things out of context. That was Matt's joke on being "tough" as if, and those who knew him know, and you are a nobody trying to get a piece of him. Matt is nobody you ever deserve to know, so get off the page and find someone else who you believe is worthy of your post-mortem stoning. Talk about having no backbone, that you have to resort to judging someone who can't speak back. I am completely stunned to the point of action regarding this. Hopefully you will say something else, which will help matters. Before you EVER judge another, you should do your homework more than an elementary MySpace search. That's not rocket science. Anybody can scratch the surface, and where those of you who find joy in bashing others are concerned, you should pull your heads out of your own pathetic existences and get a life, instead of rejoicing over the death of a soul who was most upset over the way PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD TREAT EACH OTHER. Even his closest friends have no idea how much pain Matt dealt with, and how much he cared about every little thing. How ironic. You can't even stop being jerks long enough to let my son enjoy some peace.
ms noel

Los Angeles, CA

#22 Aug 6, 2008
Thank you. Thank God I saw your thoughts as my last example of people commenting on my son, as it helped a bit. I cry every night and every day and in between, and then I have to function in the middle.

There is a lot more to this than anyone except me will ever know, but let's just know that Matt had his own ideas and he was a man of action. He would never hurt a soul, and he didn't because he would never let that happen. I know him well.

Everything he did turned to gold, but he was his own worst critic, as some of us are. If he wasn't a truly wonderful person, I would admit it. He was as special as they come and would appreciate the kindness of strangers very much. Since tech and reaching out was his thing, I bet he is still around checking it out, and probably just laughing at those who don't get it.

There is no truth or power in negative spewing of words. In principle, I am just here to defend my son, because he deserves it for the pureness of his heart, and because I am always there for him no matter what.

Peace to you, and I see your inner goodness shining as my son's, through the world's B.S.

His mom.
ms noel

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Aug 6, 2008
Nick,
That Thank You above is for you, as well as for Nicole and the other people whose hearts are actually still connecting to a source. You have no idea how the little things can change the big things.
Nick wrote:
You all need to get off your high horses. A man is gone. I would hope the manners of the "older" generations aren't to criticize the defenseless dead. I also hope that we as a society aren't really predisposed to writing hate messages about a person on his obituary page.
The notion that Matt was a good person with a good heart who touched those around him is evident in the number of people who care about him and miss him dearly. Those of you preaching about his online etiquette or driving skills better hope that someone cares enough to send you off with a warm farewell- not that which you have given Matt.
To the family and friends of Matt: I am truly sorry for your loss. I didn't know Matt, but I know that the world would have been better off with him in it.
Kacy

La Habra, CA

#24 Jul 17, 2014
I miss Matt terribly... I'm on my way to San Diego for the first time Since he passed, and I'm overcome with emotion. I searched his name in google to find his photos, MySpace, anything to make me feel close to him again... and I came across this. I am so disgusted with what some of you have had to say... but I don't want to attack anyone... I simply wanted to let Matt, and his family and other friends know he's still very much apart of our lives and in our hearts. Love you Marty. I miss you terribly♡

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebec Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who gives head at riteaid dc since Richie pycio... 4 hr Truth 1
AV needs to get rid of ghetto "people"! (Oct '11) Thu Bro_Love 180
Review: Legacy Auto Sales Dec 13 Jimmy 4
Organized Stalking Sponsored by Government (Apr '13) Dec 11 OS Ahmedabad 23
Review: Dallas Trees Dec 7 jessica ross 1
Sheriff's investigators arrest 22 people in Ant... (Jan '09) Nov 23 candy Martinez 58
Deported American inmate is source of ACLU lawsuit (Feb '08) Nov 21 kimber 16
Lebec Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lebec People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lebec News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebec

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:46 am PST