Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

did anyone else think that this graduation at LHS was the rudest event you have ever been too. The kids and audience was rude and you could not hear nothing inside that gym. there was absoutely no respect for anyone. Kids wearing boxer shorts, jeans and flip flops under their gowns. No wonder that our kids are in trouble today, parents don't set examples by showing respect and we ask why our kids don't respect nothing. Sad day, Toni i would retire quickly too, to allow these kids to walk in as such and not make the people watching show a little respect for our graduates. It was a mad house and trying to hear in this gym was totally not going to happen. What a waste to sit in a hot gym for over an hour and look at all the disrespect going on around the room. What has happened to our teachers and higher authorities to sit and allow this to happen.
just saying

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

newsflash wrote:
did anyone else think that this graduation at LHS was the rudest event you have ever been too. The kids and audience was rude and you could not hear nothing inside that gym. there was absoutely no respect for anyone. Kids wearing boxer shorts, jeans and flip flops under their gowns. No wonder that our kids are in trouble today, parents don't set examples by showing respect and we ask why our kids don't respect nothing. Sad day, Toni i would retire quickly too, to allow these kids to walk in as such and not make the people watching show a little respect for our graduates. It was a mad house and trying to hear in this gym was totally not going to happen. What a waste to sit in a hot gym for over an hour and look at all the disrespect going on around the room. What has happened to our teachers and higher authorities to sit and allow this to happen.
it will be a mark in history,after 9am in the morning!
Great job

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

YOU must not have attended the same graduation I did. I did not see any students being rude or disrespectful to anyone. I will fully agree the sound could have been better, the speakers in the gym are not designed for graduations or any public speaking for that. Most of the females were in dresses and the males in pants. YES I did see a few in shorts but who gives a big rats ass it would over 90 degrees in there. In 1981 we had one girl that didn't wear a thing under her gown.

The church I attend allows teens to wear shorts and flip flops to church. A lot of teens today, this is all they own. We learned a long time ago what you wear will not get you to heaven.

Congratulation to all the graduates, great job.
graduation

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

I attended the graduation and I thought the students were fine, the part I thought was so bad was the constant flow of traffic up and down the bleachers. Then when the graduates were marching out they had to compete with people trying to exit the gym. I think the parents and guest showed those kids way more disrespect than they showed. It was a day to honor them.
lhs

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

I attended the graduation and the kids and parents in the bleachers were very rude.Parents and kids standing at the rail taking pics and wouldnt move so the older grandparents sitting on the first couple rows could see this was very rude, as far as the graduates they were fine well behaved and who cares what the wear under the gowns. This graduation was for them they earned the right to wear jeans flip flops, as long as they behave themseleves which I believe they did.
Now wait a minute

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

newsflash wrote:
This is where the disrespect falls back on the parents. The students know what they are supposed to wear. The parents, if they have half a brain, know the dress code for an event like this. The teachers have to listen to threats from some students that they will do what they want or run to their parents. With these situation you are just thankful those certains students will finally be out of the school and ignore Johnny for wearing shorts. THEY CAN READ ON TOPIX about how stupid they looked. Keeps the teachers from having to put up with being called in to the office because Johnny went home and made up alot more to the story and the parents called the principal complaining. The PARENTS sit and allow this to happen. But then look at the area you are talking about. All this disrespect is learned behavior----parents, to their kids, to their kids, etc. Get my point?
newsflash

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

graduation wrote:
I attended the graduation and I thought the students were fine, the part I thought was so bad was the constant flow of traffic up and down the bleachers. Then when the graduates were marching out they had to compete with people trying to exit the gym. I think the parents and guest showed those kids way more disrespect than they showed. It was a day to honor them.
This is exactly what i am talking about, not the students. other than the clothes they had on. people were just rude. stands loud, sounded terrible.
newsflash

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

I totally agree, the parents need to understand respect starts at home. it was indeed shown that not many parents or kids in the audience had much respect at all , the folks that sit behind me talked and laughed the entire time and the kids kicked the stands and the parents let them, they walked up to the rails and stood in front of people in wheelchairs, and grandparents on the first and second rows and you could not see your own kids get their diplomas, it was so loud you could not think. total disrespect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Lebanon Forum right now

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
cheaters 3 min Hmmmmm 18
chuck Huffman 1 hr Name 2
Sign beside of road 1 hr Larry 1
The Cattle Barron Continues 6 hr u are on cloud 9 17
Pam FREAK Gobble 11 hr Lol 2
Where can I get election results? 17 hr saying 5
girlfriend 18 hr blueeyes 4
Federal Grand Jury 18 hr I am saying 25
Lebanon High secretary charged with stealing th... 18 hr what i can tell y... 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••