CGI Pulling out?
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
CGI Pulling out

Brentwood, TN

#1 Mar 3, 2012
Anybody hear anything about CGI pulling out of hear? Or know what penalties they face (if any) if'n they break their lease on that nice new building the taxpayers set 'em up in if they bail out on us before 2017?
hmmm

Scottsville, VA

#2 Mar 3, 2012
don't start any lies....................gee
ummmmmmm

Lebanon, VA

#3 Mar 4, 2012
Why are they hiring if they are "pulling out" and still actively recruiting?
Defender

Lebanon, VA

#4 Mar 4, 2012
ummmmmmm wrote:
To keep suspicion at a minimum maybe?
hmmm

Scottsville, VA

#5 Mar 4, 2012
I work there and this is NOT true.
Rick

Richlands, VA

#6 Mar 4, 2012
CGI. CLINTON GLOBAL INTERPRISES. I doubt any penalty would be paid. Bend over taxpayers. Again.
Rick

Richlands, VA

#7 Mar 4, 2012
CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE. Sorry!
Rick

Richlands, VA

#8 Mar 4, 2012
Rick wrote:
CGI. CLINTON GLOBAL ENTERPRISES. I doubt any penalty would be paid. Bend over taxpayers. Again.
INITIATIVE!
lebanon

Columbia, SC

#9 Mar 4, 2012
Gunshots heard at cgi
whatever

Ashburn, VA

#10 Mar 5, 2012
ummmmmmm wrote:
So you don't know what kind of clawbacks the county and state have in place on them if they leave before 2017?
Bob

Ashburn, VA

#11 Mar 6, 2012
Rick wrote:
CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE. Sorry!
Clinton got nothing to do with it. Canadian company, Conseillers en Gestion et Informatique.
what do u hear

Brentwood, TN

#12 Mar 6, 2012
heard that some members being transferred out to other sites in nova charlston alabama texas and lots of others looking around and some stealth layoffs are happening thank you very much and as for their hiring they have job postings on their web site for lebanon for skills like dot net good luck on that which are hard to fill and maybe harder to hang onto in the area to start with god bless
hmmm

Ashburn, VA

#13 Mar 7, 2012
rumors rumors rumors..........I work here an non of this is true - especially the "stealth layoffs"

Get a life and talk about stuff that you know about.
Bob

Ashburn, VA

#14 Mar 7, 2012
hmmm wrote:
rumors rumors rumors..........I work here an non of this is true - especially the "stealth layoffs"
Get a life and talk about stuff that you know about.
You little punk, you better get your ass back to work and quit surfing topix during business hours, or we'll be down one more member next week.
Bob

Ashburn, VA

#15 Mar 7, 2012
Defender

Ashburn, VA

#16 Mar 8, 2012
I looked at the jobs on http://jobs.cgi.com and they have jobs here in Lebanon. Would they do that if they were leaving?
Canadians Got Incentives

Brentwood, TN

#17 Mar 8, 2012
Defender wrote:
I looked at the jobs on http://jobs.cgi.com and they have jobs here in Lebanon. Would they do that if they were leaving?
Don't really care about the same old job postings for .net that they aren't ever going to fill anytime soon in Lebanon. Doesn't anyone with .net skills leave CGI as soon as they are trained?

Don't really care that CGI is transferring the brass-plated members out of there, and doing more PIP firings. Don't expect them to bail at all before the 2012 elections, but look for a more gradual process. Want to take bets on them still being around here by 2017?

Do sort of care CGI tells new hires and all others they built and own that building, when it is a flat out lie, the building was built and is owned by Russell County and leased to CGI for 10 years. Now, is it a $1 a year, or something else? Are there penalties if they leave early? Do they have to pay back any of the other incentives?

Very interested in what the community and taxpayers got out of the deal. The Canadians got to lay off people in Fairfax and hire ETSU grads for half the money, and the politicians here got to say they are bringing in jobs, but what about the community? Do you think Russell County and SWVA are that much better off from the 10 million or so spent to get CGI here?
And your point

Lebanon, VA

#18 Mar 8, 2012
...Alcoa....Teleflex...Lear... . Yes I do agree... Cgi will follow suit just like all the other companies that were lured into Russell County with tax benefits...money..buildings etc.... When the perks run out...they pack up and leave town.... Guess our leaders like the nice collection of empty buildings the county is acquiring .....
Defender

Lebanon, VA

#19 Mar 9, 2012
Defender wrote:
I looked at the jobs on http://jobs.cgi.com and they have jobs hPSere in Lebanon. Would they do that if they were leaving?
PS.... this was not the real often imitated me!
Rear View Mirror

Ashburn, VA

#20 Mar 13, 2012
And your point wrote:
...Alcoa....Teleflex...Lear... . Yes I do agree... Cgi will follow suit just like all the other companies that were lured into Russell County with tax benefits...money..buildings etc.... When the perks run out...they pack up and leave town.... Guess our leaders like the nice collection of empty buildings the county is acquiring .....
What is the point, good question. I guess I'm just surprised that these kinds of deals ain't more out in the common public knowledge, and politicians ain't run out of town on a rail or whatever, and that a foreign company managed to get what seems like a much better deal than for example, Grumman. At least Grumman had to pay for and build their own building here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trash Nazi 19 hr somebody 3
white elephant (Aug '14) 23 hr Ludicrous 8
Who knows Chelsea Helbert. Fri big Johnson 17
Lebanon Library Fri hopeful 4
New challenger at fox meadows Thu DoLittle 15
McDonalds Thu Laken 2
Lebanon high school (Sep '14) Jun 21 Dawn 6

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance