Lebanon registrar Linda Newberry

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
concerned

Nashville, TN

#1 Dec 9, 2009
I just wanted everyone to know what an awful person Linda Newberry is. She is the person over registering voters for Russell County and she is getting paid with OUR TAX DOLLARS!!! I have worked with Linda in the past for small area elections several times and she is the biggest you know what I have ever met. She is VERY rude to others she works with. She is manipulative, conniving, and the most two faced person EVER! At first I thought Linda was a nice person. Then I heard all the stuff she has started, and all the many lies she has told on people. She has even ran numerous assistants off! IT IS A SHAME that she is still there. I called a close friend concerning Linda and he said the ONLY reason she is still there is because of all the trouble she would try to make and she would spread more lies on the voting committee. We need to join together as concerned citizens and make sure people dont strong arm their way into positions! Lets make her accountable for her past, present, and future. Call, tell people, I dont care how- but people need to know about the devil in the registration department. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
la la

Cedar Bluff, VA

#2 Dec 9, 2009
god bless the first amendment
agreed

Nashville, TN

#3 Dec 15, 2009
she is a bi***!! SPREAD THE WORD
Harry

Lebanon, VA

#5 Dec 18, 2009
Sounds to me like you are one of the past assistants, are you???? Strong arming your way into a job isn't anywhere near as bad as screwing your way into a position........you know that's how many of the positions are filled when it comes to political jobs.

All said here about Ms Newberry is nothing more that garbage and untruths. You didn't get her job like you wanted so suck it up.....

End of discussion.
Concerned

Dallas, GA

#6 Dec 24, 2009
I was not a past registrar...Like I said previously, I worked small area elections. I have met several of the past registrars as well as the new one. They were all very polite and would never say a bad word about her.(Trust me, I tried to get dirt and they didn't talk).
The reason I left was because I saw what corruption was going on over there and I didn't want to be a part of it. It was fun getting to see people in the community during election time BUT 100 dollars a couple of times a year (if that) is not enough $ to put up with and witness that crap!
I guess the only reason you have no malice with Mrs. Newberry is b/c she hasn't screwed you over yet! Just wait, when she's done with you...You'll see the nails come out!! She is a miserable ol'(you know what) who hates her life and everybody. I'm glad for your sake you haven't seen that side yet!
Ellis

Lebanon, VA

#7 Dec 26, 2009
Concerned,
If you were just a poll worker, you may have witnessed corruption by the controlling party leader and wheels, but I am sure you did not witness any illegal or corrupt activity by Ms Newberry, as those in control (the democrats) are the lowlifes that want to down and and would have fired for no other reason that to put one of their puppets in her position. Thank God, we have a Republican elected Governor now, which means in 2011, there will be one less democrat on the electoral board. Ms Newberry has held the job to being performed ina professional and legal manner, that's what their problem is, unlike some registrars from the past.

As for the $100 or so you received, that should be the least of your concern, working the polls on election days should be considered a patriotic and civic duty of citizens. Remember, you were never forced to work the polls, you voluntarily agreed to, so let it go and get over it.
Linda Newberry

Lebanon, VA

#8 Dec 28, 2009
I am Linda Newberry, the general registrar of Russell County. I do not know what I have done to anyone to deserve the accuations posted on this site. Anyone who knows me,including those who have worked for me, know the kind of person I am and what I stand for. If you have anything to say about me please do not use the cowardly way, come to me and say it face to face.
Good

Honaker, VA

#9 Dec 28, 2009
Linda Newberry wrote:
I am Linda Newberry, the general registrar of Russell County. I do not know what I have done to anyone to deserve the accuations posted on this site. Anyone who knows me,including those who have worked for me, know the kind of person I am and what I stand for. If you have anything to say about me please do not use the cowardly way, come to me and say it face to face.
Good for you Mrs. Newberry for standing up for yourself. That is the kind of leaders we need in Russell County.
Fred B

Lebanon, VA

#10 Dec 29, 2009
Linda Newberry, you are the toughest lady I have ever known, you have more class, integrity and honesty than anyone I know. They have tried to get rid of you for over 20 years and you still stand tall, you can't be controled and you can't be bought. We are so proud of you as our Registrar and we need more like you in our offices. We love you and we are standing behind you.
Lindas Friend

Lebanon, VA

#11 Dec 30, 2009
I would just like to say to all of you who think you are so smart but, really don't know ANYTHING. I am a friend of Linda Newberry, she is one of the most outstanding people I know. She runs her office with the utmost honesty and integrity. She goes by the law and nothing less.
She could not have run off too many assistants, she has only had 2 besides the 2 she has now. Linda office is the most efficient office in Russell County. Election Day is never a problem for them. This has could only come from Leadership and Teamwork. I have never seen the support system and respect as her assistants have for her.
Linda is a good Christian Woman and I am disgusted that anyone would say the things about her that "Concerned" and "Agreed" have said. Well I guess it just goes to show you when you are Christian and working for the Lord, You will be persecuted for His name sake. Linda has been persecuted and stabbed in the back by some people whom she thought were her friends and yet Linda still stands strong. She is a stong woman and I am proud to say I am her friend.
I Love You Linda, stay strong and remember the Lord is with you no matter what people say. They will have to stand one day and be judged for what they have done on earth and this won't look so good then.
Katie

Tazewell, VA

#12 Dec 30, 2009
Shame shame shame on you Concerned. To be a christian and say these lies about Linda Newberry. She has always been nice to me and very helpful when I have been in her office and when I have called her. She follows the election laws and does her job. Sounds like you just did not get your way. So sorry she is here to stay and has lots of support.
Charles H

Lebanon, VA

#13 Dec 30, 2009
Would not surprise me if "Concerned" and "Agreed" are not one and the same person, however, "Agreed" could be the friend that "Concerned" called. Like "Concerned" thinks we don't know who exactly he and his friend is? Think again, "Concerned" before you go spouting off your mouth as to what you and your friend thinks. You know for fact that nothing immoral, unethical or illegal has been done by Ms Newberry.
By the way,"Concerned", your friend wouldn't be someone who (allegedly, let's use that word for legal purposes here, you know kinda like Obama did for the Christmas Day airplane terrorist) had to give up a good job in the past for exposure of himslef to a female working for him? Ah, bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?
So now, if some of you folks want to throw dirt, realize one thing, there's much more that can be thrown back at you.
Now Mr. "Concerned" , it would serve you well, to get over whatever you is bothering you.
ncpw

Lebanon, VA

#14 Dec 30, 2009
I have known Linda Newberry for along time. She is a really nice lady and works hard. Linda has always been nothing but nice to me in her office and she is most helpful with any question I have ever had. I think it is very sad for people to get on the internet and say bad things about other people. It kinda sounds like you want what you can't have. I just don't know why people can't be happy with what they have and leave others alone.
I pray that God will bless Linda with many more years in the Registrar's Office and I pray for the people who are wanting to cut her down that they will see they are wrong and they need to re-think what they say and do.
Whatever

Normal, IL

#15 Jan 3, 2010
I know a completely different person named Linda Newberry. She's nice.
election worker

Lebanon, VA

#16 Jan 4, 2010
Hey Concerned (better known as B.W.) and Agreed or LaLa (better known as C.S.) you are not getting the response the two of you expected, are you??? I have known and worked with Linda Newberry since she came to work in the registrars office and found her to be nothing like the person you have made her out to be. She follows the election law book like it was her Bible. You and CS tried to stab Linda in the back and thought CS would get her job, didnít work that way did it. There was 2 men on the electoral board who still have morals, honesty and integrity to reappoint Linda, thanks to them you and the evil democrats who think they own Russell Co.... you didnít win. RC needs to get rid of a lot who are in office and get more people like Linda who canít be controlled or bought. Grow up BW and CS you will never win this battle, good will win over evil. LINDA NEWBERRY IS ONE SUPER FINE LADY.
James

Tazewell, VA

#17 Jan 4, 2010
Linda is one of the nicest, honest, goodhearted woman I have ever know. I have worked with her through many elections. It is a shame that someone would get on here and try and trash her good name, because she is doing a great job. Russell County is lucky to have her. Concerned and Agreed should be a shamed that they would post such lies on a good person like her. Remember God is watching and knows who you are and the lies you are telling. Bless Linda one great Lady.
Carl B

Lebanon, VA

#18 Jan 5, 2010
election worker wrote:
Hey Concerned (better known as B.W.) and Agreed or LaLa (better known as C.S.) you are not getting the response the two of you expected, are you??? I have known and worked with Linda Newberry since she came to work in the registrars office and found her to be nothing like the person you have made her out to be. She follows the election law book like it was her Bible. You and CS tried to stab Linda in the back and thought CS would get her job, didnít work that way did it. There was 2 men on the electoral board who still have morals, honesty and integrity to reappoint Linda, thanks to them you and the evil democrats who think they own Russell Co.... you didnít win. RC needs to get rid of a lot who are in office and get more people like Linda who canít be controlled or bought. Grow up BW and CS you will never win this battle, good will win over evil. LINDA NEWBERRY IS ONE SUPER FINE LADY.
The Electoral Board will once again have two reputable members in 2011, now that a Republican has been elected governor. Thank God.
BAMBAM

Bristol, TN

#19 Jan 6, 2010
concerned wrote:
I just wanted everyone to know what an awful person Linda Newberry is. She is the person over registering voters for Russell County and she is getting paid with OUR TAX DOLLARS!!! I have worked with Linda in the past for small area elections several times and she is the biggest you know what I have ever met. She is VERY rude to others she works with. She is manipulative, conniving, and the most two faced person EVER! At first I thought Linda was a nice person. Then I heard all the stuff she has started, and all the many lies she has told on people. She has even ran numerous assistants off! IT IS A SHAME that she is still there. I called a close friend concerning Linda and he said the ONLY reason she is still there is because of all the trouble she would try to make and she would spread more lies on the voting committee. We need to join together as concerned citizens and make sure people dont strong arm their way into positions! Lets make her accountable for her past, present, and future. Call, tell people, I dont care how- but people need to know about the devil in the registration department. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE!
I am very upset with the defamation presented about Mrs. Newberry in this comment. I have known Mrs. Newberry for several years and she is a person of great honesty and integrity. Russell County is very fortunate to have such a valuable steward of their election process. People making these comments are either interested in having her position or are playing dirty politics. GET A LIFE!!!!!
Fooled once

Quinton, VA

#20 Jan 7, 2010
Linda is a very competent Voter Registrar and in general a very nice person. If there were more people in this world like Linda Newberry we would be very fortunate.
Dash

Marshfield, MA

#21 Feb 11, 2010
I have never met a more honest and true person in my life. All the way from Boston I can see something isn't right here. Ms. Newberry has more integrity in her little finger than any these mean spirited posters.
(Hey Kid - Hope all is well - we all support you up here -- stay strong - John)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Smart Style Family Hair Salon (Mar '10) Sun whiteowl 128
beer Sun Some Dude 2
Lesbian Love Sun Dat_OLe_SaLT E dogg 13
Blankenship's auto repair Sat big Johnson 9
Where's best place to buy tires Oct 20 rubber 2
Catherine Grizzle?? Oct 20 Budweiser 4
Heather Hamm at fox meadows Oct 20 Jerry 6

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance