curious

Castlewood, VA

#1 Mar 25, 2012
Is AMI Kids a good place to work?
Sheree Helps

Gainesville, FL

#2 May 28, 2012
AMI is a terrible place to work if you have any ethics or care about the human race. Google the company and read news reports regarding kids dying and AMI didnt even attend the funeral or meet with the family.
James Sandoval

High Springs, FL

#3 Jun 8, 2012
It does not make me happy to see people get into trouble but four years ago I was asked to leave a job with a good recommendation or be dismissed after being attacked by a young athlete. He was about 17 or 18 years old and took several swings at me. I did the right thing and put him in a hold and handed him over to staff. Today I learned he is in Jail with a very high bail. Being in the south the staff would rather consider his race and be politically correct then the actual events. Now a young man sits in jail with no hope because staff was more concerned about being politcally correct rather than being tough when it was needed. I do not care what color a child is as long as they are allowed to hit teachers and sale dope then the cycle will continue. It makes me sad at the values we teach our young people today. It is the policy of Amikids to have no fences or cameras yet I would still be working for them today if they had cameras after several kids refused to not go to class. I think their programs are effective for students who do not go home to the same envronment at the end of the day. Otherwise I feel it is a waste of time and money because the students show up with contraband and out of uniform. As a teacher you are required to search students and such which causes them to veiw you more as an officer. I only support the Amikid programs that provide residence for the students. Otherwise it is just a daytime babysitting facility. There were some students who were doing there best to learn and I applaud them and the overall Idea and theme is great. I wish I had all the answers but the truth is I do not. I applaude the efforts of the other teachers who worked at AMIkids because they were truly dedicated professionals. It made me sad that the majority of students had no clue who Martin Luther King was or Rosa Parks which was a big part of their history

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shentel internet outage in lebanon 6 hr Out again 3
cheating (Jun '16) 9 hr shameful 26
food city 9 hr yuck 9
Lazy parents taking from the county Sun Yurite 4
Review: Starnes Refrigeration & Air Conditioning (Sep '15) Mar 25 BoJo 43
Robert C Whited Mar 25 Sexxy1 7
Kimberly Hess (Dec '15) Mar 24 Just saying 3

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance