Food City Assistant and Store Managers

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

Anonymous

Oakwood, VA

#1 Nov 20, 2012
Who are the assistant and store managers at Food City in Lebanon?
Work Hard

Duffield, VA

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Who are the assistant and store managers at Food City in Lebanon?
Not sure but they work hard! Store looks clean and in order! I know a lot of the managers for Food City work several days in a row and at least 10 hour days! Sometimes the managers have to "fill in" for the ones that don't show up for work plus run the store! Lebanon looks great compared to other stores! Just saying!
ok man

Lebanon, VA

#4 Nov 20, 2012
and the stink is gone. I wouldn't shop there because it smelled so bad, but that is gone. Way to go.
employee

Washington, DC

#5 Dec 10, 2012
The managers do not work for the ones that do not show up. They are perverts that try to sleep with as many women as they can that work there and if you are sexually harassed HR does nothing and you want to quit your job. Several complaints have been made but nothing gets done
Shopper

Buchanan, VA

#6 Dec 10, 2012
I don't know about managment, but I hate when I check out and the cashiers and baggers are gossiping about their highschool drama! They don't even aknowledge that you are standing there, I know these are young kids but this is very unprofessional. It does not matter where you work or how high in command that you are it leaves a bag image when customers are present. That is what breakrooms are for.
Food On the Table

Columbus, NC

#7 Dec 10, 2012
To a lot of folks who work a lot for only a little; to those who work weekends, holidays, early morning and late at night....THANK YOU.
just me

Lebanon, VA

#8 Dec 10, 2012
I do not like the BS bashing of the managers (that is most likely a disgruntled current or former employee). But I have been on the receiving end of cashier/bagging staff who are busy talking about the latest high school happenings. I understand kids are kids.. but our job is to teach them the right way, not let it go on and on and on!! Overall a small problem though, at least for me.

And yes, the store smells nicer lately, so THANK YOU!!

I never have a problem at this store, apart from the rare occasion that the registers are overloaded.
employee

Greenbelt, MD

#9 Dec 13, 2012
I am a current employee however I keep my job so I can provide for my nephew who I am taking care of. Ask any of the young girls what they have seen. Sexual harassment charges need to be made against one of these so called managers and another's wife should be informed of what happens in the back office
just sayin

Lebanon, VA

#10 Dec 13, 2012
employee wrote:
I am a current employee however I keep my job so I can provide for my nephew who I am taking care of. Ask any of the young girls what they have seen. Sexual harassment charges need to be made against one of these so called managers and another's wife should be informed of what happens in the back office
I can't speak from experience with Food City, but most businesses Food City size and larger have anonymous reporting mechanisms internally via web site/phone number/HR contacts. With some, it's a 3rd-party, so the complaint is received and investigation doesn't even begin with that business; Rather an outside resource with no vested interest in the outcome of an investigation. Regardless, there are ways of "encouraging" an investigation. News outlets, anonymous reports to the police if things get too out of hand. I feel sorry for those involved if that is the case. The employees haven't passed on any displeasure in working to the customer base that I've observed..Most of the time an unhappy employee will, intentionally or not, show some dissatisfaction...
Report it

Salem, VA

#11 Dec 13, 2012
employee wrote:
I fired a gentleman for sexual harassment, he was warned, wrote up and told to never let it happen again. He would no listen so he was fired. His wife called wanting to know why he was fired, I told her that was between him and me and everything necessary to fire him was documented, that she would have to ask him about that. In about 2 months they filed for divorced. Sexual harassment is WRONG, and there are a few places in Lebanon I will not let my daughter work, Food City IS NOT one of them. Food City is a huge employer one of the largest in the area, please report it to the home office in Abingdon.

ok man

Lebanon, VA

#12 Dec 15, 2012
it's not only in Lebanon, it's at all the stores I think. I think another manager just got fired for sexual harassment

Since: Aug 12

Lebanon, VA

#13 Dec 16, 2012
I don't necessarily have a problem with the store, and yes it's much nicer than it was before.... however a lot of the food on the shelves I have purchased is expired!!

I've taken back three things in the last year due to it being expired. I also brought up some cookies that were expired and gave them to the cashier when I was checking out. She looked at me and goes 'So do you want to buy them or something?' Really?

So, I usually do my shopping while I'm down in Abingdon (I won't grocery shop at Walmart).
Anti Food City

Salem, VA

#14 Dec 16, 2012
If there were a Kroger in Lebanon I would never step foot in the Food City again!!! It has nothing to do with the Lebanon store employees it has every thing to do with the leader of Food City.
employee

Suitland, MD

#15 Dec 18, 2012
The home office informs the manager that has done it in the past years there have been several employees that quit because of one manager there. Not all of them are bad but one can ruin what people think of management. I will check into the 3rd party reporting I never thought of that. Thank you.
crazy

Concord, NC

#16 Dec 19, 2012
employee wrote:
The home office informs the manager that has done it in the past years there have been several employees that quit because of one manager there. Not all of them are bad but one can ruin what people think of management. I will check into the 3rd party reporting I never thought of that. Thank you.
You may want to stop putting so many clues as to who you are in your posts. You can say what you want about the back office. I know for a fact nothing goes on back there. You can say what you want but everyone knows you like to cause trouble but you may be the one in trouble in the end!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's up 4 hr jerry 5
How can a "real man" call himself a father to s... 9 hr Boiling mad 1
Lebaon trash dumpsters NEW HOURS 11 hr Closes at Four Oc... 3
Steel fab Going Union 12 hr union yes 303
URGENT Please Read 20 hr URGENT Please Read 5
Missing Couple 22 hr found 4
Russell Co. Library - Lebanon Mon Awesum 21
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match

Lebanon Jobs