Where in Russell County can I find a ...
kptguy30

Knoxville, TN

#82 Apr 3, 2010
Hey, It amazes me that when LEAR was doing good, everyone thought Rick Boucher was wonderful, but as soon as they close down, he didn't do enough to keep it open. I think we fail to remember he is ONLY ONE PERSON. 100 jobs with DirectTV, is better than nothing at all, Correct?$10.00 an hour with performance bonuses a month and insurance is nothing to be ashamed of. Before anyone says I am a Rick Boucher fanatic, I am not, but compared to every respresentative in Congress, he has went to bat for us more than anyone else. But even he or anyone else could prevent GM from going under like they have. McDonald's will be opening back up sometime in May, and they will be hiring anywhere from 60-80 people, and looking for management positions too from what I hear, because they only had a few managers and almost no crew left when they closed. GRANTED its fast food, but at least its a paycheck, and they do offer Health insurance to their crew people.
Political machine

Lebanon, VA

#83 Apr 4, 2010
kptguy30 wrote:
Hey, It amazes me that when LEAR was doing good, everyone thought Rick Boucher was wonderful, but as soon as they close down, he didn't do enough to keep it open. I think we fail to remember he is ONLY ONE PERSON. 100 jobs with DirectTV, is better than nothing at all, Correct?$10.00 an hour with performance bonuses a month and insurance is nothing to be ashamed of. Before anyone says I am a Rick Boucher fanatic, I am not, but compared to every respresentative in Congress, he has went to bat for us more than anyone else. But even he or anyone else could

prevent GM from going under like they have. McDonald's will be opening back up sometime in May, and they will be hiring anywhere from 60-80 people, and looking for management positions too from what I hear, because they only had a few managers and almost no crew left when they closed. GRANTED its fast food, but at least its a paycheck, and they do offer Health insurance to their crew people.
Uhhh Sorry, but I never thought the Tricky-Ricky was grand. Because personally, I never owned a ticket to vote, until now. Me and my buddies went out to the Registar's office and got registered to vote. And you can count us in this time. We having been learning this on our own. That all your great politicians are out for their own gain. You are right about being Thankful for the small jobs, because I am thankful but you get off your ***** and give up your county job and your fat retirement investment and you will see where we are coming from. So...don't be handing us that **** because we got a turd in our pocket. Only thing we know, IN RUSSELL COUNTY THERE IS NO INDUSTRY, No place for a man to work and live out his dream of having anything other than trying to bandade our needs. We can't afford to pay our taxes on these petty jobs you are talking about. We would like to have a job that we can retire at, unlike you sitting in your County office position and not worrying a damn thing about us. You just want to talk good about these politicians because this is your way of campaigning. Just set down and shut up and let us learn how to play the political game. We are MAKING OUR CHOICES on the next election and you can bet it wont be for any of these "puppets" you got in office right now. We want a man/woman that don't have a string attached like a puppet does. We want a man who will stand up for what he think is right. We want a man who will make specific proposals for solving problems, admits he doesn't have all the answers, doesn't agree with you about everything, doesn't promise us quick, easy and painless solutions to complex problems.
So lay on back there and shut up! We will be in POLITICS this November for TRICKY RICKY BOUCHER and you can bet come COUNTY ELECTION we will be right here again. Our 100 VOTES WILL COUNT THIS TIME, YOU CAN BET THAT!!!!!!!!!!
Political machine

Lebanon, VA

#84 Apr 4, 2010
mrb wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, the Direct TV jobs do have benefits. I'm not looking into it myself since I work at CGI, but my wife is going to try applying for them as she's unemployed at the moment.
From the Kingsport Times News article:
"Benefits include paid holidays and vacations; medical, dental and vision coverage with company contribution after 60 days; life insurance; flexible spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; and a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match.
Another benefit? Free DirecTV for the home."

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php...
TO MRB,
That sounds really good, and I am thankful for that but can you tell me approximately how long I can depend on this job?? Should I work on trying to get my bills paid off or can I run out here and go deeper in debt? Last issues and answers flew out as fast as they flew in. Where is all the industry that these GRAND POLITICIANS COULD GET?? I had a man tell me yesterday that they tried to get a prison in here in Russell County, and no one would sell their land to them, that would have been STATE benefits and a man would have some security because you know they will always be prisons. Another thing the man told me, THESE GREAT POLITICIANS sit back and let that Police Academy slip right through their fingers. It was suppost to be located in Hansonville. But, what did our Board Of Supervisors do, they let it slip right through their fingers, and you know why?? Because Board members like MIKE PUCKETT. He has a job on the BOARD OF SUPERVISORS, SCHOOL BOARD ASST. SUPT. AND HIS WIFE TEACHES FOR RUSSELL COUNTY. He created her a position at the primary school. You think he cared about us, hell no??? It politicians like him that are DOUBLE DIPPING INTO OUR COUNTY BUDGET. Randy Williams and wife work in the same office, ON AND ON.... Also; someone else told me at Hardee's the other morning that a person is not suppost to hold but one County job at a time according to the Law. So can you tell me whats up with this???????? You think Mike Puckett and Randy Williams don't know this and along with all the others that have two paid positions in our COUNTY???????? Wake up and smell the fresh roses. I just woke up and realized I can change this, I am going to get people out here to help me organize until we vote these GRAND POLITICIANS OUT. I say, "LETS SWEEP ALL OF THEM OUT COME COUNTY ELECTION TIME AND START ALL OVER."
voter

Port Republic, VA

#85 Apr 4, 2010
200 votes now that is power. If all 200 will get just 1 person that will make 400 and on and on. We will get their (worthless politicians)attention one vote at a time or 400 votes at a time. Political Machine can very well change the politics of Russel County. Keep up the good work I think you have their attention.
kptguy30

Knoxville, TN

#86 Apr 4, 2010
Political Machine. That is you're choice, that is why we have the oppurtunity to vote in the country. But as to your assertions I am NOT working in politics. I hold a normal job like others. I don't work for ANY local government.
keepplacinblame

Waterloo, Canada

#88 Apr 4, 2010
I do agree that all the politicians are ditty and worthless in southwest va tho it amazes me that people actually belive them let alone support them I would love to see them make thru hardwork instead of preying on the weak and stupid
sarahb

Lebanon, VA

#89 Apr 5, 2010
Charlene wrote:
<quoted text>Read Helen's post, she is right on. Thompson is a nice man, he's just doing what the LAW requires of him, it's not a political party thing.
CHARLENE,
JUST MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS. HIS JOB IS NOT TO ENFORCE THE DAMN LAW, THATS WHY WE HAVE MR DENNIS JONES/COUNTY ATTORNEY. IN ADDITION, BEING A NICE MAN AND A "CHRISTIAN" MAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW HE DOES HIS DAMN JOB AS TREASURER. HE MIGHT AS WELL PACK HIS BAGS, BECAUSE HE'S GOING BACK TO TEACHING SCHOOL, COME TWO YEARS. ROLL ON TRICKY-RICKY RICK THOMPSON AND ALL YOUR LITTLE CRONIES TOO!!!!!!
sarahb

Lebanon, VA

#90 Apr 5, 2010
keepplacinblame wrote:
I do agree that all the politicians are ditty and worthless in southwest va tho it amazes me that people actually belive them let alone support them I would love to see them make thru hardwork instead of preying on the weak and stupid
AMEN AND AMEN!!
Political machine

Lebanon, VA

#91 Apr 5, 2010
kptguy30 wrote:
Political Machine. That is you're choice, that is why we have the oppurtunity to vote in the country. But as to your assertions I am NOT working in politics. I hold a normal job like others. I don't work for ANY local government.
You got that right, we have a choice of who we vote for and it sure damn wont be any of these liars we have in office right now. The so called "CHRISTIANS". RELIGION AND POLITICS DONT GO TOGETHER.
So come election time, don't come around knocking on our doors with your fake smile and your damn christian belief. we are sick of the politicians always claiming to be such a good christian.
FED UP WITH RUSSELL COUNTY POLITICS!!!!!!!!
just curious

Roanoke, VA

#92 Apr 5, 2010
sarahb wrote:
<quoted text>
CHARLENE,
JUST MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS. HIS JOB IS NOT TO ENFORCE THE DAMN LAW, THATS WHY WE HAVE MR DENNIS JONES/COUNTY ATTORNEY. IN ADDITION, BEING A NICE MAN AND A "CHRISTIAN" MAN HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW HE DOES HIS DAMN JOB AS TREASURER. HE MIGHT AS WELL PACK HIS BAGS, BECAUSE HE'S GOING BACK TO TEACHING SCHOOL, COME TWO YEARS. ROLL ON TRICKY-RICKY RICK THOMPSON AND ALL YOUR LITTLE CRONIES TOO!!!!!!
Other than property laws, just what laws would a county attorney be enforcing? and what would be the purpose of the commonwealth attorney's office?
Helen

Lebanon, VA

#93 Apr 5, 2010
Political machine wrote:
<quoted text>
Helen..You trying to "defend" Treasurer: Rick Thompson?????????? No, my taxes was not but one year and that was last year and this year. You want to look at them?? Come to Town View Heights and ask for Larry. Don't tell me what I have due! I got my taxes paid up and my buddies do too now so TREASURE: RICK THOMPSON Pack your briefcase and RETIRE. We are going clear out of this county to get us a job in the Coal mines because there is no jobs in this county that will feed our families. Ms. Helen, ASK RICK THOMPSON WHAT KIND OF INDUSTRY HAS HE VOTED FOR SINCE HE TOOK OFFICE TO HELP US PAY THE TAXES! Don't be coming around come ELECTION TIME with your smiling face and telling us what a GRAND christian you are. Because when a man is down you dont keep kicking him. The letter didn't say, "come in and we will work out a payment plan" IT SAID, IN 30 DAYS RECIEPT OF THIS LETTER, IF YOUR TAXES IS NOT PAID, I RICK THOMPSON IS TAKING YOU TO COURT!!
The End!!!!!!!
"Tricky-Ricky RICK THOMPSON
Please, you need psychatric help.....you just don;t want to understand the legal process of which must be followed, And, FYI Rick Thompson IS NOT elected to a position in which he would be voting for "ANY INDUSTRY". He is the TREASURER:
Helen

Lebanon, VA

#94 Apr 5, 2010
chad wrote:
Lay off Helen of the layed off workers. u work in the Treasurer office or sumpen and want 2 keep your job? Get up and get out of here on this site, u dont no nothin!
Your grammar alone would explain why you wouldn't be hired, get back in school (elementary that is)
Helen

Lebanon, VA

#95 Apr 5, 2010
Bill44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Helen...You are really good at throwing out your intelligence, you moran! You just trying to save your job in the County position. Get off this site, you simple-minded "christian". I know you probabally "PROFESS" to be one of those christians too. Well, let me enlighten you, NO PERSON CAN BE A CHRISTIAN AND BE IN POLITICS. Either you sleep good or you eat good. You lie, cheat, and steal or wrong your brother in some form or fashion in Politics. Don't make yourself look anymore ignorant than you already have. Just sit down and shut up, now!!!!!!!!!
Oi's MORON, not moran, Bill44, so who's looking like the real moron here?
Ellis

Lebanon, VA

#96 Apr 5, 2010
Big D wrote:
You guys are exactly right. We can email our way to the white house. If you don't like how things are going with our local politicians, then let your voice be known by emailing these candidates. Because God In Heaven knows, you wont get a phone call to them. They are either busy or out of the office, so the SEXATARY will say. We need to either email our politicians or fax our views the them. Then come down to Election time and they come out knocking on your door, Ask him/her, what in the hell have you done for Russell County? Put their ass on the spot, instead of letting them do all the talking. Ask them first off, why should I vote for you? What have you done in the past if they are incoming. Don't just sit back and vote these people in just because you have known him/her all your life. Find out where they stand on different issues. The good ole boy syndrome is GONE!
BIG D you are so wrong, the good old boys will continue as they have in Russell County, because thes ignorant, redneck hillbillys will continue to vote democrat. Maybe in another 50 years, once the kingpins die off.
Ellis

Lebanon, VA

#97 Apr 5, 2010
kptguy30 wrote:
Hey, It amazes me that when LEAR was doing good, everyone thought Rick Boucher was wonderful, but as soon as they close down, he didn't do enough to keep it open. I think we fail to remember he is ONLY ONE PERSON. 100 jobs with DirectTV, is better than nothing at all, Correct?$10.00 an hour with performance bonuses a month and insurance is nothing to be ashamed of. Before anyone says I am a Rick Boucher fanatic, I am not, but compared to every respresentative in Congress, he has went to bat for us more than anyone else. But even he or anyone else could prevent GM from going under like they have. McDonald's will be opening back up sometime in May, and they will be hiring anywhere from 60-80 people, and looking for management positions too from what I hear, because they only had a few managers and almost no crew left when they closed. GRANTED its fast food, but at least its a paycheck, and they do offer Health insurance to their crew people.
Keep Dreamin, McDonalds like all other food joints uses Correction Center /inmate labor.
Charlene

Lebanon, VA

#98 Apr 5, 2010
sarahb wrote:
<quoted text>
CHARLENE,
You can wish anyway you want, he will be re-elected and if people in Russell County had any sense at all, they would clean out the rest of the offices held by democrats. As long as you let democrats hold thesee offices, Steve Banner will call all the shot as to who is hired and fired, who is prosecuted and who is not. Thompson is a good start and should be kept in office, it's not his fault what the "Code of Virginia" directs him to do as far as attempting to collect the taxes that your Board of Supervisors voted on you. Don't be quoting Dennis Jones, like he's som god or such, he is just another one of the same dirty/low life party.
Outsider

Bristol, VA

#99 Apr 5, 2010
There's at least one filthy a$$e republican in that county too, but your point is well-taken about the Lebanon Mafiosi.
Bill44

Lebanon, VA

#100 Apr 6, 2010
Helen wrote:
<quoted text>Please, you need psychatric help.....you just don;t want to understand the legal process of which must be followed, And, FYI Rick Thompson IS NOT elected to a position in which he would be voting for "ANY INDUSTRY". He is the TREASURER:
Oh Helen...Ms. PROFESSOR, What is it about the "legal Process" do you understand. I talk directly to our County Attorney and our Commonwealth's Attorney and they both said, "its not Mr. Rick Thompson (County Treasurer" job to collect the past due taxes. It has to be brought before the Board of Supervisors and they vote on giving Mr. Dennis Jones atthority to get the names from "Tricky-Ricky Rick Thompson and then Mr. Jones (County Attorney) to take them to court and send out these letters. So Helen, go lay down somewhere, you probabally are lucky, if you have a high school deploma or you might have gone and got your GED. Stay out of this, either you got something to gain, such as working in the Treasurer's office or you are some of his family. Trying to take up for this worthless Treasurer. Russell County needs their &&& kicked for voting for an INDEPENDENT because neither the Republicans or Democrats can't control the conceded man. But, you can well bet, he is going home in 2 years. Democrats will have that position back in their hands and Ricky-Tricky is making it a whole lot easier for them to get it back. But, next time he wont be riding Jesus' coat tail that he is a fine christian man. People will know exactly what kind of man he really is. Just like the rest of the politicians, you give the man a little power and he thinks he is GOD. Well, he might be walking on water but he damn sure can't swim. Hell yeah, he's got a lot to do with us getting jobs in Russell County. Doesn't he go to any of the damn board meeetings? or does he just sit back and wait for his check to be deposited in the bank
I VOTE: YES TO SENDING RICKY-TRICKY RICK THOMPSON HOME AND GET US ANOTHER TREASURER LIKE HELEN BAKER. Helen did't send out notices like this, she turned them into Dennis Jones after the Board of Supervisors voted for Mr. Jones to collect the taxes. You run back and tell Rick Thompson to stick to doing his damn job and let County Attorney Dennis Jones take care of the collecting of taxes!! His little bit of Power has already gone to his head. We voted him in and we can vote him out, remember that!!!!!!
Bill44

Lebanon, VA

#101 Apr 6, 2010
Helen wrote:
<quoted text>Oi's MORON, not moran, Bill44, so who's looking like the real moron here?
All people in Russell County are illiterate Morons because that the way they want to keep us. They don't want us finding out shit so they can slide back in the next elections. Ms. PROFESSOR!
chad

Lebanon, VA

#102 Apr 6, 2010
keepplacinblame wrote:
I don't see why all yall wanna blame your sorrows on obama when ur all mighty bush put us in this place why don't u complain about the massive debt he left us in the no job problem was here years b4 he was even in office but because bush is a redneck he's pardoned from every problem he ever made and its automaticly those evil democrats fault lol
Ask anyone in Russell County and they will tell you that
OBAMA is ONE BAD ASS MISTAKE AMERICA.
You did notice he didn't even carry Southwest Va, didn't you?? Not because of the color of his skin, but because he was and is inexperienced!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New School Board (Dec '15) 5 hr Confused 157
jerry from green valley (Jul '15) 15 hr Truth 19
cheater or cheater? whos lying 21 hr person 3
Emos 22 hr person 4
What happened at Twin Valley between a parent a... Tue Sally 4
Teresa Price Mon Wow 3
Cuckhold Mon Nasty 3

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance