Dennis Jones/County Attorney

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Lebanon, VA

#1 Oct 13, 2010
Just read the Lebanon News where Joseph Puckett voted to terminate the County Attorney Dennis Jones. Is he trying to get his sister (Martha Puckett Ketron) that job?????????
nomorepucketts

Port Republic, VA

#2 Oct 13, 2010
Please dont tell me they are going to have another damn Puckett to run this one horse town,,hell cant people see what old dyed haired Phillip Puckett is doing to this county.Can SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS PERSON HAS DONE FOR OUR STATE? He is the one that needs to be sent to the damn house and leave Dennis Jones alone.
Ashbrook

Lebanon, VA

#3 Oct 13, 2010
Jon Bowerbank, Shy Kennedy, and JOSEPH PUCKETT, we are ashamed of you after all that Dennis Jones has done for this county. Even though he bought a home on the golf course in Abingdon, he still pratices law and pays property tax in Russell County. Whats the problem with these 3 losers???
Dennis Jones has covered up more shit for this county than a little but I guess they forgot about that.
One thing about it; everything goes around comes back around so when these 3 Supervisors run again, we will vote you out tooo.
Wallace

Lebanon, VA

#4 Oct 13, 2010
what are u talking about? Dennis Jones has been the County Attorney too damn long, it's time we let some of these other attorneys in town have a job as County Attorney and if its Martha Puckett Ketron thats okay, she is a good Attorney and will do a great job.
Johnson

Lebanon, VA

#5 Oct 13, 2010
Was this the Dennis Jones who was previously the Commonwealth's Attorney for Russell County and his x-wife had him locked up for not paying child support??
In my opinion, he needed to go a long time ago. Besides, if Punk Dorton had not of passed away he had an investigation going where Dennis Jones was paying his wife $90.00 to write a damn receipt for the county. Dennis Jones has robbed this county with a pencil and no one had enough ass to do anything about it because he covered up all their damn shit.
I think its time to go MR. DENNIS JONES and Joseph Puckett you have my vote if you get rid of him, regardless who you elect as County Attorney.

The County has kept Dennis Jones up tooo long and its time the other attorney's have a term at it.
Kiser

Port Republic, VA

#6 Oct 13, 2010
Wallace wrote:
what are u talking about? Dennis Jones has been the County Attorney too damn long, it's time we let some of these other attorneys in town have a job as County Attorney and if its Martha Puckett Ketron thats okay, she is a good Attorney and will do a great job.
Oh hell no it is not ok for another DAMN PUCKETT,,but I do agree it is time for Dennis Jones to go on to Washington County where he resides and run for office in THE COUNTY WHERE HE LIVES!!!!!!
Harold

Lebanon, VA

#7 Oct 13, 2010
Dennis Jones dont live in this county anymore, Sorry! He lives in Washington County.
OMG

Lebanon, VA

#8 Oct 13, 2010
Dont tell me they are trying to put another Puckett in a County position. Are these people never satisfied? Talk about coveting jobs seems to me they are the ones that are coveting jobs with our County. Phillip Puckett and Mike Puckett needs to go. what do these people know on this county that they are putting their whole family in a position. Sounds to me like they are trying to take the "power" from the mafia crew in Castlewood and bring it back to Lebanon with the Puckett's.
Dennis Jones has served this county well as County Attorney but I guess they want to put Phillip's daughter Martha Puckett Ketron in that position too.
Its time to clean this county up with all the democrats and Republicans and put Independent people in who really care for the county instead of just putting them in for all the money they can rob from the people who work and pay taxes in this County. Its a damn shame you have to drive 100 miles out of your county you live in just to get you a job much less keep all the Puckett's in. Rick Boucher its time for him to go too.
land agent

Bellevue, MI

#9 Oct 14, 2010
i haven't seen dennis jones sell any land in the past 5 years for back taxes, all other counties do it. i have been told that this is part of his job for the county i wonder if all the landowners in russell county are such good honest people that they all pay taxes so sell the land that back taxes are against. or maybe jones' friends buy up all this land for what is owed against it in taxes and sell it for some easy cash, just a thought
Josey Wales

Lebanon, VA

#10 Oct 14, 2010
Dennis is nothing but a Drunk and Pill Head!!!!!
OMG

Lebanon, VA

#11 Oct 15, 2010
I can't believe you Josey, now where and how do you come up with him being a drunk and a pill head????? He's the County Attorney and an attorney, and I havn't seen many attorneys have what this man has got if he was a DRUNK or a PILL HEAD.
you need to get your head out of the sand with your ass turned up to the sun and get a life! Stop trying to bring good men down!
OMG

Lebanon, VA

#12 Oct 15, 2010
land agent wrote:
i haven't seen dennis jones sell any land in the past 5 years for back taxes, all other counties do it. i have been told that this is part of his job for the county i wonder if all the landowners in russell county are such good honest people that they all pay taxes so sell the land that back taxes are against. or maybe jones' friends buy up all this land for what is owed against it in taxes and sell it for some easy cash, just a thought
He just sold his home last year and BUILT a mansion over in Washington County at the golf club, You Idiot!!
the truth

Richmond, VA

#13 Oct 15, 2010
Ashbrook wrote:
Jon Bowerbank, Shy Kennedy, and JOSEPH PUCKETT, we are ashamed of you after all that Dennis Jones has done for this county. Even though he bought a home on the golf course in Abingdon, he still pratices law and pays property tax in Russell County. Whats the problem with these 3 losers???
Dennis Jones has covered up more shit for this county than a little but I guess they forgot about that.
One thing about it; everything goes around comes back around so when these 3 Supervisors run again, we will vote you out tooo.
Are you serious. Read your own post. Why on earth would you want a county attorney that covers stuff up? That's what is wrong with this county in the first place. I think it's great that these three men are finally doing the job no one else has had the balls to do for years. Get a real attorney for a change, who cares if its Martha Puckett if she is good.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 15, 2010
Can I ask, what happened to Dennis Jones since 1985? That is when I moved and at that time everyone seemed to like him.
I knew him very well and he always seemed like a good man. Maybe something did happen, just wondering what is was.
Jay

Lebanon, VA

#15 Oct 15, 2010
He was Commonwealth's Attorney for Russll County and his X-wife put him in jail during that time for child-support but he's been County Attorney since then. Jim Gillispie retired and they are getting new board members like Joseph Puckett (Senator Phillip Puckett's son) who is trying to make a job for Phillip's daughter Martha Puckett Ketron who is also an attorney. Phillip already has have his family working in the Circuit Court Clerk's office and made Mike Puckett his brother the Supertendent of Russell County School after Dr Turner passed away. So.basically the Pucketts is trying to run the county with all the jobs.
In addition, Dennis sold his home in Green Valley Estates and move to Washington County on the golf course so he is not a resident of Russell County now but he still practices law here in town and is now currently the County Attorney. The bottom line they are trying to get all the power out of Castlwood and get it back in Lebanon.
Read online the article on board of Supervisor's meeting where Sky Kennedy, Jon Bowerbank, and Joseph Puckett voted to terminate Dennis Jones and Mr. Frank Keene, Bill Wampler, and Danny Brown (who lives in Tenn now) voted to keep him. They are trying to get rid of him now that Jim has retired
I hope he tells everything he knows on all of them. Their time is coming when they will be voted out. The Puckett family is running the whole county now.
Steve

Ashburn, VA

#16 Oct 15, 2010
actually, the motion was to replace jones with bud phillips. with gillespie leaving, i think a new county attorney would be a good idea. what they need is a full time attorney as an employee, and quit wasting our tax dollars on 5 different attorneys for all the county business (water boards, DSS, IDA, Planning Commission, Supervisors).
yeswecan

Blacksburg, VA

#17 Oct 15, 2010
Jay wrote:
He was Commonwealth's Attorney for Russll County and his X-wife put him in jail during that time for child-support but he's been County Attorney since then. Jim Gillispie retired and they are getting new board members like Joseph Puckett (Senator Phillip Puckett's son) who is trying to make a job for Phillip's daughter Martha Puckett Ketron who is also an attorney. Phillip already has have his family working in the Circuit Court Clerk's office and made Mike Puckett his brother the Supertendent of Russell County School after Dr Turner passed away. So.basically the Pucketts is trying to run the county with all the jobs.
In addition, Dennis sold his home in Green Valley Estates and move to Washington County on the golf course so he is not a resident of Russell County now but he still practices law here in town and is now currently the County Attorney. The bottom line they are trying to get all the power out of Castlwood and get it back in Lebanon.
Read online the article on board of Supervisor's meeting where Sky Kennedy, Jon Bowerbank, and Joseph Puckett voted to terminate Dennis Jones and Mr. Frank Keene, Bill Wampler, and Danny Brown (who lives in Tenn now) voted to keep him. They are trying to get rid of him now that Jim has retired
I hope he tells everything he knows on all of them. Their time is coming when they will be voted out. The Puckett family is running the whole county now.
Mr.Gillispie is still on the job! I just spoke with him in person today after lunch. I know he is going to retire in the near future and the job was advertised.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18 Oct 15, 2010
Thank you Jay. It's been a lomgtime since I last saw him.
Buh bye Dennis

Ashburn, VA

#19 Oct 15, 2010
No fan of nepotism, but lots of room for improvement there if you know what I mean. Even a Puckette relation would be better.
Hell NO

Lebanon, VA

#20 Oct 15, 2010
yeswecan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.Gillispie is still on the job! I just spoke with him in person today after lunch. I know he is going to retire in the near future and the job was advertised.
Jim Gillispie is not still out there, They have Alice filling in until they can get one of the Puckett's in the County Administrator's position. I know, I attended Jim's retirement party, DUMB ASSES!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
D's Nails (Jan '14) 6 hr News 11
Candida singleton 8 hr Forrealtho 10
karma 9 hr the house is crum... 1
News No pocket change: Va. man delivers 300,000 penn... Sun OverIt 14
What happened to philip horn? Sat Saddened 5
Marsha Rasnake Jan 21 Friend 22
Brittany Kiser Jan 21 Lisa 3

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance