New Peoples Bank
intersted party

Honaker, VA

#69 Jan 16, 2010
come Ed call one of them out or are you finally quiet? im sure they are seeing this. show your face.
Ed Norton

Roanoke, VA

#70 Jan 17, 2010
Ha Ha Ha. If posting public documents is "trashing" someone or anyone, then it's time to take out the trash.(Or in at least one case, to kick the trash can across the board room, LOL).
Ed Norton

Roanoke, VA

#71 Jan 17, 2010
" they did things that other banks wouldn't do."

You're right about that; guess you read the audit report posted earlier in this thread too.

ROFLMAO.
Ben There

Bristol, VA

#72 Jan 20, 2010
Amazing how the facts will clamp the mouths of the morons every single time.
I Know More

Abingdon, VA

#73 Jan 21, 2010
The facts? This bunch of social security bums wouldn't know FACTS if they jumped up and bit them on the ass. Anyone can research the Internet and cut and paste what they want to on here.

If Kenneth Hart didn't retire, then why did New People's Bank issue this press release about his retirement?:
"President and CEO At New Peoples Bank Announces Retirement

Honaker, Virginia. Scott White, Chairman of the Board of New Peoples Bankshares, Inc. announced that Kenneth Hart, President and CEO of the holding company and New Peoples Bank, has decided to retire. Kenneth acknowledges he has prepared for this move each day by making sure that a team of “seasoned community bankers” surrounded him. Providing community bank services in markets that have been underserved has been a major goal of New Peoples Bank from inception.

“We are very appreciative of Kenneth’s leadership in founding and managing the bank,” said White. New Peoples Bank was chartered in 1998 and has grown to a total asset size of over $821 million with over $71 million in capital and 31 offices. Hart said,“New Peoples Bank was formed to meet the community bank needs of the people and businesses of Southern West Virginia, Southwest Virginia, and Northeast Tennessee.”

Kenneth commented that he has been a banker for thirty-seven years. He plans to continue pursuing other interests, including farming, real estate, community endeavors, and spending time with his family. Hart stated that he believes the bank will continue to be an active participant in every community it serves.“The bank is on sound footing and has an excellent group of senior managers at the helm,” said Hart.“It is positioned to continue fulfilling its original mission of providing high quality, state of the art, golden rule banking services to our communities while providing a reasonable return to our stockholders and a challenging and rewarding work environment for our family of employees.”

In keeping with CEO Hart’s strategy of growth from within, Chairman White and the board have named Jonathan Mullins as President and CEO of New Peoples Bankshares, Inc. and its banking subsidiary, New Peoples Bank effective May 19, 2009...

...At a later date, the bank will hold a retirement party to honor Kenneth Hart as founding CEO of the bank. Chairman White concluded his remarks by stating that:“New Peoples Bank finished the year 2008 as the most profitable in its history and I am pleased to state that we did not apply for or accept any federal bailout money known as TARP funds. The board of directors and I credit Kenneth, his leadership team and the rest of the bank’s employees for accomplishing such outstanding benchmarks and goals during a nationwide recession.”
I Know More

Abingdon, VA

#74 Jan 21, 2010
Now see, Kenneth Hart did retire. And before all of you start yelling about who I am, let me tell you this: I bank at New Peoples, I own stock in New Peoples, I owe New Peoples a lot of money, and I've known Kenneth Hart all my life. I think if it wasn't for Kenneth Hart then it is pretty obvious there wouldn't even be any such thing as New People's Bank and as the Chairman of the Board stated in the press release, the bank was in excellent shape at the time of his retirement. I never doubted the bank while he was CEO. And I never doubted HIS integrity. Maybe if things are starting to go wrong, we need to be pointing the finger somewhere other than Kenneth Hart. Now who are those board members again?
Point of Informaiton

Lebanon, VA

#75 Jan 21, 2010
Every machine on the Internet has a unique identifying number, called an IP Address. A typical IP address looks like this: 216.27.61.137
To make it easier for us humans to remember, IP addresses are normally expressed in decimal format as a "dotted decimal number" like the one above. But computers communicate in binary form. Look at the same IP address in binary: 11011000.00011011.00111101.100 01001 The four numbers in an IP address are called octets, because they each have eight positions when viewed in binary form. If you add all the positions together, you get 32, which is why IP addresses are considered 32-bit numbers. Since each of the eight positions can have two different states (1 or 0) the total number of possible combinations per octet is 28 or 256. So each octet can contain any value between 0 and 255. Combine the four octets and you get 232 or a possible 4,294,967,296 unique values!
Each time you post trash, lies, or classified confidential information on a web sight, you are asking for your computer to be identified with a court order and your name to end up in a civil suit. Just a point of information for those that think it is funny to try to destroy good people that have spent their entire adult life trying to help others. Just thought you might want to know that somebody is watching you and even though you think you are hiding behind ficticious names and e-mail addresses, you are not as smart as you thought you were.
John M

Lebanon, VA

#76 Jan 22, 2010
I Know More wrote:
The facts? This bunch of social security bums wouldn't know FACTS if they jumped up and bit them on the ass. Anyone can research the Internet and cut and paste what they want to on here.
If Kenneth Hart didn't retire, then why did New People's Bank issue this press release about his retirement?:
"President and CEO At New Peoples Bank Announces Retirement
Honaker, Virginia. Scott White, Chairman of the Board of New Peoples Bankshares, Inc. announced that Kenneth Hart, President and CEO of the holding company and New Peoples Bank, has decided to retire. Kenneth acknowledges he has prepared for this move each day by making sure that a team of “seasoned community bankers” surrounded him. Providing community bank services in markets that have been underserved has been a major goal of New Peoples Bank from inception.
“We are very appreciative of Kenneth’s leadership in founding and managing the bank,” said White. New Peoples Bank was chartered in 1998 and has grown to a total asset size of over $821 million with over $71 million in capital and 31 offices. Hart said,“New Peoples Bank was formed to meet the community bank needs of the people and businesses of Southern West Virginia, Southwest Virginia, and Northeast Tennessee.”
Kenneth commented that he has been a banker for thirty-seven years. He plans to continue pursuing other interests, including farming, real estate, community endeavors, and spending time with his family. Hart stated that he believes the bank will continue to be an active participant in every community it serves.“The bank is on sound footing and has an excellent group of senior managers at the helm,” said Hart.“It is positioned to continue fulfilling its original mission of providing high quality, state of the art, golden rule banking services to our communities while providing a reasonable return to our stockholders and a challenging and rewarding work environment for our family of employees.”
In keeping with CEO Hart’s strategy of growth from within, Chairman White and the board have named Jonathan Mullins as President and CEO of New Peoples Bankshares, Inc. and its banking subsidiary, New Peoples Bank effective May 19, 2009...
...At a later date, the bank will hold a retirement party to honor Kenneth Hart as founding CEO of the bank. Chairman White concluded his remarks by stating that:“New Peoples Bank finished the year 2008 as the most profitable in its history and I am pleased to state that we did not apply for or accept any federal bailout money known as TARP funds. The board of directors and I credit Kenneth, his leadership team and the rest of the bank’s employees for accomplishing such outstanding benchmarks and goals during a nationwide recession.”
You're so dumb, don't you know what DAMAGE CONTEROL is,,,, why do you think each had to sign to agree not to badmouth each other, that part alone is a dead giveaway of a "FORCED" retirement/resignation. Wake up to how things are done in the real world!!!!!
Clara

Lebanon, VA

#77 Jan 22, 2010
Point of Informaiton wrote:
Every machine on the Internet has a unique identifying number, called an IP Address. A typical IP address looks like this: 216.27.61.137
To make it easier for us humans to remember, IP addresses are normally expressed in decimal format as a "dotted decimal number" like the one above. But computers communicate in binary form. Look at the same IP address in binary: 11011000.00011011.00111101.100 01001 The four numbers in an IP address are called octets, because they each have eight positions when viewed in binary form. If you add all the positions together, you get 32, which is why IP addresses are considered 32-bit numbers. Since each of the eight positions can have two different states (1 or 0) the total number of possible combinations per octet is 28 or 256. So each octet can contain any value between 0 and 255. Combine the four octets and you get 232 or a possible 4,294,967,296 unique values!
Each time you post trash, lies, or classified confidential information on a web sight, you are asking for your computer to be identified with a court order and your name to end up in a civil suit. Just a point of information for those that think it is funny to try to destroy good people that have spent their entire adult life trying to help others. Just thought you might want to know that somebody is watching you and even though you think you are hiding behind ficticious names and e-mail addresses, you are not as smart as you thought you were.
Wow are we suppose to think of just how smart you are, too bad you're not as smart as you would like everyone to believe. Have you ever heard that thing called the 1st Amendment and you have to show that something said is untrue.....if you only knew from the inside what has gone on, you'd keep your mouth shut. Nobody will be taking anybody to court on this subject because that would only allow for discovery which would blow the whole thing out into the public...Think about that.
T period S period

Roanoke, VA

#78 Jan 22, 2010
How many of you "retirees" out there kicked the trash can across the room to 'celebrate' your retirement?
T period S period

Roanoke, VA

#79 Jan 22, 2010
Remember this press release?

"I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky"
In the know

Lebanon, VA

#80 Jan 22, 2010
Sounds like your source of information has given you some bad information. I happened to be present when Kenneth told the board that he had decided to retire after 35+ years. There were no trash cans or anything else kicked accross the room. I wasn't present when Gary Lawson left the bank, but I doubt very seriously that he acted like a juvenile delinquent. Gary was not asked to leave the bank. For personal and business reasons he chose to leave.
It is my suggestion, that you get a life and stop trying to destroy others. You are a pitiful excuse for a human being when you have nothing better to do than tear good people down for entertainment.
T period S period

Roanoke, VA

#81 Jan 22, 2010
And no doubt you have a perfectly good explanation for the severance agreement and its premature termination BY THE BANK on January 7, 2010 insteaad of November. You need a dose of reality, Gomer.
T period S period

Roanoke, VA

#82 Jan 22, 2010
Gomer: the Ho's in Ho-naker are starting to affect your mind, assuming you have one.
I Know More

Johnson City, TN

#83 Jan 22, 2010
The only reality check that is needed is for the board of directors of New Peoples. They need to carefully consider their recent actions and how much harm they are going to cause the bank. I think their reality check is about to bounce sky high.
T period S period

Roanoke, VA

#84 Jan 22, 2010
So let's see ... you're saying the retirement was voluntary, but that the board will regret its recent actions. Duhhhhh, they shouldn't have let anyone retire? Tell us more, please, this is getting pretty humorous. I thought slavery was abolished a few years back. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!
Really guys

Christiansburg, VA

#85 Jan 25, 2010
DID THE BANK TURN YOU
DOWN FOR A LOAN?>>>.LOL T.S.?
the kutter

Richlands, VA

#86 Jan 25, 2010
.......something about insider trading.........
Green-eyed Monster

Gate City, VA

#87 Jan 25, 2010
The more I read (and ROFL with Ed Norton AKA T period S period), I think someone must have been passed over for a promotion in the good ole' boys network. So who did Kenneth pass over when he recommended Mullins for his job? Someone has some sour grapes somewhere.
Ed / T period S period / whatever you are calling yourself this week: no one uses ROFL anymore.
I Know More

Brentwood, TN

#88 Jan 25, 2010
Clara wrote:
<quoted text>Wow are we suppose to think of just how smart you are, too bad you're not as smart as you would like everyone to believe. Have you ever heard that thing called the 1st Amendment and you have to show that something said is untrue.....if you only knew from the inside what has gone on, you'd keep your mouth shut. Nobody will be taking anybody to court on this subject because that would only allow for discovery which would blow the whole thing out into the public...Think about that.
If there is anyone "on the inside" who is disclosing information to someone or posting on this site, then they are going against the bank policy of confidentiality. This would cause them to lose their job or position on the board and lead to a huge lawsuit for the bank ... think about that, Clara dear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump 6 hr very easily 15
Emos 8 hr person 9
Work Sat More money 1
NSA hookup Sat Horny 1
Cheaters Sat Advice 7
hot teacher Sat big Johnson 5
Kristin O'Connor WCYB Sat Storm Chaser 3

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance