Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Judged:

I don't care what happens to New Peoples Bank. I will never deal with them again. Since me and my husband split, Andy Cordle which is a Loan Officer, has been so rude to me but kisses my ex husbands ass.
kelly

Lebanon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2011

Judged:

Dont care wrote:
I don't care what happens to New Peoples Bank. I will never deal with them again. Since me and my husband split, Andy Cordle which is a Loan Officer, has been so rude to me but kisses my ex husbands ass.
did u ever consider it may not be his ass he's kissing?
StockDive

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Current going rate for NPB stock:$5.
INFO

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Does anyone know the VERDICT? Today is sentencing day!@ 10am
Banker

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Judged:

Watch when and if you are ever selling stock.The person you have helping you may be taking you.
buyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

Anybody got an stocks for sell,I would like to purchase a couple thousand shares at 5 dollars a share?
UNKNOWN

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

RECKON HE GOT 2 YEARS.....JUST THAT IS SUPPOSE TO HELP ALL THE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND HOW INSIDER TRADING CAN PAY.......WHAT ABOUT JUST PLAIN OLD BREAKING THE LAW!
serious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

Damn,does anyone have stock for sale I will pay 4 to 5 dollars a share depend on how many you have?
Jim Bob

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

serious wrote:
Damn,does anyone have stock for sale I will pay 4 to 5 dollars a share depend on how many you have?
Contact NPB Investor Relations, see http://www.npbankshares.com/
buyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

Last chance, I will pay up to 5 dollars a share,any, takers???
Jim Bob

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

buyer wrote:
Last chance, I will pay up to 5 dollars a share,any, takers???
Contact NPB Investor Relations, see http://www.npbankshares.com/
buyer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

I just would rather Buy directly from a person.
Steve

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

ABINGDON, Va.— A pair of former bank executives will each serve two years in federal prison on money laundering and fraud convictions resulting from an insider trading scheme where they skimmed money off the top of customers’ stock sales.

In all, Kenneth D. Hart, 53, of Honaker, and Gary A. Lawson, 58, of Lebanon, pocketed slightly more than $200,000 that should have gone to a handful of customers at New Peoples Bank.

“This will be another example, people will say, of well-positioned people in their community taking advantage of their positions,” U.S. District Judge James P. Jones said moments before issuing a sentence Monday.
Steve

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Hart pleaded guilty in October to one count of conspiracy to defraud the United States and one count of money laundering. Lawson pleaded guilty to the same charges in January.

On Monday, Jones also fined each man $7,500, banned them from working in the banking industry without permission from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., and ordered three years supervision after release.

Hart’s defense attorney, Joshua C. Johnson, initially pointed to his client’s poor health – surgery for prostate cancer in January and a recent diagnosis of a fatal lung disease – when asking for home detention.

“You can tell by his health that this man is no threat to the community,” Johnson said.“As a deterrent, incarceration isn’t necessary.”

Lawson’s defense attorney, Richard Kennedy, simply asked for a fair sentence.

“Not greater than necessary,” Kennedy said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney C. Patrick Hogeboom III argued that white-collar criminals deserve time in a cell just like other felons.

“More money has been stolen at the end of a pencil than has ever been stolen at the end of a gun,” Hogeboom said.
CURIOUS

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

I WONDER HOW MUCH MONEY WAS POCKETED BY THE WIVES AND KIDS OF HART AND LAWSON?? MORE THAN ANY $200,000.00, I BET. NO WAY WOULD BANKERS WITH THEIR EXPERIENCE HAVE GOTTEN INVOLVED IN SUCH A SCHEME WITHOUT A REALLY BIG PAY-OFF.....2 YEARS IS NOT NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR WHAT THEY DID...MARTHA GOT 2 YEARS AND DIDN'T DO WHAT THEY DID....THEN SHE IS FEMALE.
serious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

CURIOUS wrote:
I WONDER HOW MUCH MONEY WAS POCKETED BY THE WIVES AND KIDS OF HART AND LAWSON?? MORE THAN ANY $200,000.00, I BET. NO WAY WOULD BANKERS WITH THEIR EXPERIENCE HAVE GOTTEN INVOLVED IN SUCH A SCHEME WITHOUT A REALLY BIG PAY-OFF.....2 YEARS IS NOT NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR WHAT THEY DID...MARTHA GOT 2 YEARS AND DIDN'T DO WHAT THEY DID....THEN SHE IS FEMALE.
I just wonder how much they paid in lawyer fees???
Shareholder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

Anyone who has stock really needs to think before they vote their proxies!! Stockholders' meeting on Nov. 7.- Mark your proxies to get rid of Kilgore! He is sitting on the board of the bank and the bank uses his law firm for business - guess who decides what to pay the law firm??? If you want to maker your shares worth something, vote NO to put Frank Kilgore back on the board of directors of NPB.
Another shareholder

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Shareholder wrote:
Anyone who has stock really needs to think before they vote their proxies!! Stockholders' meeting on Nov. 7.- Mark your proxies to get rid of Kilgore! He is sitting on the board of the bank and the bank uses his law firm for business - guess who decides what to pay the law firm??? If you want to maker your shares worth something, vote NO to put Frank Kilgore back on the board of directors of NPB.
Shareholder, you are an idiot.
Another shareholder

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

CURIOUS wrote:
Martha got what she deserved.
Another shareholder

Bristol, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

outsider looking in wrote:
<quoted text>you got that right. a contractor,Cary Addison from lebanon va. owed every bussiness in southwest va. filed bankruptcy, never spent a day in jail, never paid back a dime he owed and is now back in bussiness living the good life taking trips etc. just like it never happened.
sounds like a Looter. Boyed oh Boyed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor's license suspended amid prescription dr... 18 min curious 280
Lebanon High secretary charged with stealing th... 56 min lady 63
denise short 5 hr know her 5
My MAN 11 hr Awe how lovely 4
russell county school board (Feb '12) 11 hr saying 32
Photographer sleeping with everyone's husbnad 13 hr Slank 15
New Motel 22 hr Chuck 10
•••
Lebanon Dating

more search filters