New Peoples Bank
Maynard

Abingdon, VA

#583 Dec 3, 2010
DeadEye wrote:
I don't think many people knew what Hart was doing behind the scenes at the time this went down. If you can remember back in the day when the bank was being put together, there was a lot of hard work and sacrifice involved. Most of the board is made up of upstanding people, I find it hard to believe they they would risk so much at this point in their lives after being pretty much on the straight and narrow. Hart did what anybody does when they get caught, they try to take as many down with them as possible, throwing names around to divert attention from himself. Basically he cooked up a deal that would mainly benefit him, he got caught and tried to bring down innocent people with him. I have a hard time believing that any board members or Mr. Kilgore would risk his reputation and all he's done over the years over a quick buck. With the Feds involved, you can about guarantee they would have indicted anyone with any level of involvement. It would be very wise to assume that if the person did not get indicted, they weren't involved. If any of the board members would have been involved, Hart would have never been forced to resign by them over this. Misery loves company and he was just looking to bring down the entire bank with him. I think Gary Lawson's biggest fault was being lied to by Hart and dragged into the deal under a false pretense. Just take some time to think before you start throwing the names around of anyone that was ever involved in the bank as being part of this scandal. Besides, Hart is too selfish to have to share the spoils with too many other people.
DeadEye, you're stupid, everyone involved does not always get charged, it depends on the level of involvement & whether or not you help the prosecution.
Stock Holder

Christiansburg, VA

#584 Dec 3, 2010
I suggest, as share holders, we vote out all the Board Members as their terms expire, and replace them with people who will keep an eye on what the heck is going in in the bank they are directing.
Poor Thing

Waterloo, Canada

#585 Dec 3, 2010
Jonathan wrote:
<quoted text>He's suffered MORE, the value of the stock went down to around $4 to $$.50 meaning his $6 MILLION is now worth about $2 MILLION. That's a lot of hurt.
The last time I checked, buying stock is a gamble. It doesn't come with any guarantees that you are going to make money or keep the amount you invested. If you buy stock in Microsoft today, and the bottom drops out of it tomorrow, then it is your loss. Microsoft isn't going to say, "Poor thing, let's give him his money back."

If everyone posting on this site knew half as much as they like to say they do, then there are some truly brilliant smartasses on here.
Lebanon

Vinton, VA

#586 Dec 3, 2010
Stock Holder wrote:
I suggest, as share holders, we vote out all the Board Members as their terms expire, and replace them with people who will keep an eye on what the heck is going in in the bank they are directing.
Everyone needs to go home.And new FACES for the 2011. New People Bank has always played to who they know and how they treat everyon.
A Share Owner

Christiansburg, VA

#587 Dec 3, 2010
Poor Thing wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time I checked, buying stock is a gamble. It doesn't come with any guarantees that you are going to make money or keep the amount you invested. If you buy stock in Microsoft today, and the bottom drops out of it tomorrow, then it is your loss. Microsoft isn't going to say, "Poor thing, let's give him his money back."
If everyone posting on this site knew half as much as they like to say they do, then there are some truly brilliant smartasses on here.
Do you think you are the only smart A$$ that knows how stocks are traded? Probably never owned a share of stock in your life
Poor Thing

Waterloo, Canada

#588 Dec 3, 2010
A Share Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you are the only smart A$$ that knows how stocks are traded? Probably never owned a share of stock in your life
Well... My ass was smart enough to sell that worthless NPB stock back when it WAS still worth something. So, where does that leave you? Still a smartass who thinks they know something or a dumbass who admits to knowing nothing?
News

Christiansburg, VA

#589 Dec 6, 2010
Who is Gene Hearl
He has been added to the board of directors
Cuz Kid

Bristol, VA

#590 Dec 6, 2010
Sure it's a lot of hurt, but everything is relative, my friend. Do you have any idea what percentage that loss is to the WV investor's net worth? I do. And I still feel more for the little guy or gal who suffered a greater harm.
Cuz Kid

Bristol, VA

#591 Dec 6, 2010
Poor Thing wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole story is a matter of public record in the U.S. District court website for the western district of VA. 8 cents a page.
Cuz Kid

Bristol, VA

#592 Dec 6, 2010
Stock Holder wrote:
Many of them 'kept and eye' on the transaction, but their upper lips were sealed.
Cuz Kid

Bristol, VA

#593 Dec 6, 2010
Harlan wrote:
<quoted text>When all the local political/law enforcement (local & state) is part of the mafia, how could anyone ever expect an investigation of themselves. The NPB is not the only corruption going on in this county.
How? By bringing in the only group left ... the feds.
question mark

Richlands, VA

#594 Dec 7, 2010
What's Looter been up to?
Cuz Kid

Bristol, VA

#595 Dec 7, 2010
I have to 'take the fifth' on that one.
pillow talk

Johnson City, TN

#598 Dec 30, 2010
A Share Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you are the only smart A$$ that knows how stocks are t
raded? Probably never owned a share of stock in your life
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING,R U THAT STUPIED YOU MUST HAVE BEEN THE ONE NEW PEOPLES BANK SHARE HOLDERS USED TO SET UP A FONY ACC BUT GOT CAUGHT HOW COULD SO MANY PEOLE TAKE UP FOR THESE PEOPLE YES, THEY MAY BE NICE TO YOUR FACE AN LAUGH BEHIND YOUR BACK ON WHAT THEY WHERE GETTING AWAY WITH I WOULD GIVE ALOT TO THE CHURCH TO AND HELP FRIENDS IF I HAD 6 MILLON WOULDN'T YOU HE WAS JUST PLAYING
BIG SHOT AT CHURCH AND AROUND PEOPLE AND OF COURSE MRS. hART WOULD WRITE BIG CHECKS THEY STOLE BIG MONEY STUPIED
pillow talk

Johnson City, TN

#599 Dec 30, 2010
Stock Holder wrote:
oh that's real smart wait until their term expires

know wonder this happen to your bank do it now since

we don't know everyone involved. stupied stupied stupied

u must be a man no woman I know would be this stupied.

Dah let wait until their term expires maybe they want let it happen again Dah
not a investor

Johnson City, TN

#600 Dec 30, 2010
melinda how much did hart pay you
since you were down on your hands and
knees in the floor I mean you do think alot of him
to take up for a theif .
not a investor

Johnson City, TN

#603 Jan 1, 2011
Cuz Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
How? By bringing in the only group left ... the feds.
Does Hart wife and family get to keep the money if Hart goes to jail?
Huh

Oviedo, FL

#604 Jan 1, 2011
What happened about the fraudulent SBA loan for..........
Investor

Roanoke, VA

#605 Jan 1, 2011
not a investor wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Hart wife and family get to keep the money if Hart goes to jail?
Last I checked, the recipient of insider profits has to pay them back in triplicate.
Investor

Roanoke, VA

#606 Jan 1, 2011
Huh wrote:
What happened about the fraudulent SBA loan for..........
Everybody's hiding behind the bankruptcy court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Russell County Courts 12 hr Even More Amused 21
Who got Dug up at the grave yard 21 hr Marty 5
is Amy barton a snitch Thu wtf 5
who is a Jonny P? Thu lmfao 2
#MeToo Wed Nobody cares 11
Glenda Dye Dec 13 b_tches 6
Looking Dec 11 CaptSpaulding 1

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance