Interested to Know

Bristol, VA

#1 Feb 27, 2011
I'm trying to get some information on the SECOR Halfway House in Lebanon... What is it like and what are the people like who stay there and the people who run it??? Any feedback is appreciated.. Thank you.
there once

Spotsylvania, VA

#2 Feb 27, 2011
it sucks if you keep to yourself and dont talk to anyone. get a job and work and community service you might make it. the ones that run it are dirty.
known

Brentwood, TN

#3 Feb 28, 2011
it is funded and run by Va-DOC..under the community supervision program.
Been there

Tazewell, VA

#4 Mar 1, 2011
Secor is a private corporation that has been in operation for over 25 years. It has contracts with BOP and DOC. If you are willing to meet your court ordered obligations it gives you the opportunity to get your life back on track, pay your court costs and save for your future.
known

Brentwood, TN

#5 Mar 2, 2011
Been there wrote:
Secor is a private corporation that has been in operation for over 25 years. It has contracts with BOP and DOC. If you are willing to meet your court ordered obligations it gives you the opportunity to get your life back on track, pay your court costs and save for your future.
Yes this is true thank you for adding this I forgot about federal $$$ from BOP.
Again you are correct in your statement of "If you are willing" I have never been there but in another institution; and it is all bad places but it is whatit is & ones self makes and takes advantage of the opportunites afforded to them..
Kudos to you "been there"
they dont want to help

Bristol, VA

#6 Mar 6, 2011
i've been there and them people don't want to help anyone that is there. they just want to get that gov money and keep it for themselves. it is run down and the rules are so unrealistic because they want you to fail, they probably get paid either way. they don't try to help you get your life back on track, you are just another person on the list to them. i can't believe they are still operating, the people that run it are pretty shady themselves.
Been there

Tazewell, VA

#7 Mar 7, 2011
not know if the people are shady or not, but when I left they helped me with finding an apartment, I had a job, money in my pockey, and my court costs were paid. They are tough, and really strict but they cut no one slack, it is important you make it on your own and that is part of the program. Not know what you mean by run down, it is older but everyone has to keep it clean.
It is what you make of it, you do it or you dont.
Not so bad

Lebanon, VA

#8 Mar 7, 2011
It is a strict program, but anyone who is willing to follow rules and work can make it. But that is the problem now days, people have gotten lazy and don't want to accept resposibility for their actions. Just sayin.
family member headed ther

United States

#9 Mar 8, 2011
are the patients assisted in learning sober living skills? is there psychiatric care or counselling on site? can you come and go as you please? There is absolutely no information about the place. My family needs more than a strict place to stay....
been there

Smithfield, VA

#10 Mar 8, 2011
no u cant go and come as you please. you got to get permission and no they dont try to help you with anything. if your family needs help dont send them there it is a joke for help.
wonder

Edinburg, VA

#11 Mar 10, 2011
Who are the employees ?
Just a touch of info

Brooks, GA

#12 Mar 3, 2014
Complaining solves nothing, don't you guys realize that we only have these because of y'all. We become a single parent because of y'all, y'all are the reason the government is constantly building prisons. Majority of the institutions aren't trying to rehabilitate, they can care less only because you all can care less. They see this therefore the doors of the prison revolves... And this too is why the first number you get when you enter will always be the only one you get, oh yea you own that you bought that number with your crime or with your innocence, I don't believe everybody is guilty. I can talk, I retired from the system and lost my husband of 12 yrs/kids father to the system..but that was choice he made
Just a touch of info

Brooks, GA

#13 Mar 3, 2014
Y'all do what you got to do at the halfway, use it to your advantage get life right get back to your families and do the right thing. Close this prison life chapter and keep it moving. Don't play part in keeping the doors open at the chan gan. You do better when you think better....so get your mind right

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor's license suspended amid prescription dr... 3 hr curious 318
Steel fab Going Union 8 hr big hell yea 215
matthew taylor (Oct '13) Sat Spook 54
The Cattle Barron Continues Sat shameful relative 20
snitches ,narcs ,informants (post them all) Fri Hmmm 23
child abuse and domestic violence Fri yep moron 4
Russell County Sheriffs Office (Jul '09) Sep 19 acquaintance 65
•••
•••
•••