Cumberland Center plans move forward

Cumberland Center plans move forward

There are 10 comments on the The Tennessean story from Oct 3, 2012, titled Cumberland Center plans move forward. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

How a proposed events center will fit into the new Cumberland Center development in eastern Lebanon is still uncertain, but the potentially massive project is moving forward with all plans in place.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Allen

Lebanon, TN

#1 Oct 3, 2012
Please stop this train wreck. "NOW"!
Stop This

Lebanon, TN

#2 Dec 20, 2012
You're the train wreck.
foolish

Lebanon, TN

#3 Dec 20, 2012
He is damned and determined that he is going to waste tax payer money so friends kids don't have to go to Nashville to play hockey
Homer

Lebanon, TN

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Why do you people care? He was re-elected by the citizens of Lebanon. Those people are who you need to blame. He has a city council now that will pass anything he wants. I do feel sorry for your town and all the new taxes and fees he will now get passed. Merry Christmas
Sam

Lebanon, TN

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Homers right about our taxes and fees, talk about a fiscal cliff. I didn't vote for Craighead so I can complain. prediction; no Arena due to the State laughing too hard. oh well the developers will have to figure another way to screw the tax payers.
Build It & They Will Come

United States

#6 Sep 7, 2013
Build on!!!
most if not all

Landrum, SC

#7 Sep 7, 2013
the funding will come from the federal government so everyone everywhere will be paying for it
incorrect

Lebanon, TN

#8 Sep 8, 2013
most if not all wrote:
the funding will come from the federal government so everyone everywhere will be paying for it
If that were the case why would they have to issue bond's??? bond's is nothing more than a loan secured by the city taxpayer's, Craighead claimed that the city would not be on the hook for that money but that is a load of B S, would any would loan their money without some sort of security. This is still a scam to enrich Craighead's buddies which in turn will enrich him.
podunker

United States

#9 Sep 8, 2013
Lebanon is so Podunk...a wanna be city
amazing

Bulls Gap, TN

#10 Sep 8, 2013
You think state and local governments have never accepted federal funding and then charged the natives a good old fashion double dip while totally ignoring all federal protocols and guidelines that are contractually stipulated and agreed upon?

start looking into the 571 million block grant given to this state via the ARRA program for road construction...

Hell fire, most of those 2009 ARRA funded projects were completed before the contracts were ever made public for bid letting.

That's not to mention large amounts of funding handed over for plenty of other projects which accounting methods so complex it requires multiple cpa's and comptrollers to find out who really paid once or multiple times.

I am thinking about opening a coffee shop where people can sit down and have a cup of cynicism, I suspect the jaded realist will be the best seller.

So certainly, I'm not disagreeing with you one bit and there are many good reasons this state always scores very high in the "most corrupt" contests.
incorrect wrote:
<quoted text>If that were the case why would they have to issue bond's???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kent smith jailed 1 hr ten4 24
Bubba's Market HOTTIE Sat Brittany fan 12
Hot black guy at CVS Sat Ugh 11
Ashley Barber Fri Haha 4
Small Piece of Equipment found in downtown Hart... Fri Williams 8
terry scruggs Aug 28 nurse 2
Timmy Wells and Candie Williams Aug 27 WhatadumbaSS 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lebanon Mortgages