Excited About Amazon Jobs? Better Rea...

Excited About Amazon Jobs? Better Read This First

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

Ludd Ite

Paducah, KY

#1 Sep 23, 2012
There's been a great deal of buzz about Amazon opening a giant warehouse here in middle Tennessee, but before you become too giddy, you'd best read the following articles.
It's seems that wherever Amazon has opened warehouses, the workers quickly find out what a hell-pit Amazon actually is to toil in. Low pay, impossible-to-meet standards, constant write-ups, management breathing down your neck, short to non-existant breaks and being ripped off of overtime pay (a lawsuit against Amazon is now on-going for cheating employees.)
But since amerika has been plunged into an economic depression by a cabal of tribal banksters, getting a job at Amazon 'seems' like a real blessing. In fact, for these low-paying warehouse jobs they PREFER people with college degrees.
But that actually makes sense considering the article out last week that reported that over 50% of last year's college grads are either unemployed or under-employed.
Welcome to the new world order amerika!
I realize many of you, terminal 'yes' men sycophants types, will wheeze on about 'how thankful' we should be just to have jobs--but of course you're the type who are moronically brown-nosing or comfortably retired on pensions or just contrarians.
But some of you are going to get hired and quickly find out that what you read here was the truth. Sorry to pee on the parade but Amazon is a crummy place to work.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2009/12/11/amazon-empl...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/11/the-...
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
Ludd Ite

Paducah, KY

#2 Sep 23, 2012
Oh and here's one more. This article tells of Jeff Bezos, the giggling sociopath CEO of Amazon, as he actually (allegedly) spent a week as a 'picker' at the Lexington Amazon hellhouse.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/200...
You Didnt help

La Vergne, TN

#3 Sep 24, 2012
Wow! Let's post some articles from years ago to try and scare some people about working at Amazon.
Some people don't think that companies change their processes to try and make things better.
The ones that are bad mouthing Amazon need to hire the one's that are unemployed then!
I Agree

Paducah, KY

#4 Sep 24, 2012
Reality can be a scary concept, You Didnt Help, but is it better to bury one's head in the sand and avoid facts or speak the truth? Amazon has a poor record when it comes to the treatment of its employees and hundreds of you are about to discover that.
america

United States

#6 Sep 24, 2012
There is no "k". That aside, yes I agree. Only skill-less slave-drones are willing to do hard labor for chicken scratch. Welcome to hell losers.
John L Lewis

Paducah, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2012
america wrote:
There is no "k". That aside, yes I agree. Only skill-less slave-drones are willing to do hard labor for chicken scratch. Welcome to hell losers.
You hit it right America but to read so many of these posts you would think that Amazon was paying them $50hr!

Amazon is a multi-billionaire corporation with a giggling nerd for a CEO named Jeff Bezos (that's pronounced as 'Bo Zo') They could easily afford to pay their slaves-pickers $14hr and not even feel it but the new way in amerika is make the slaves work harder and harder, and pay them so little that they can barely survive. Then keep them on the edge with the thought that they can be fired at any minute for any small mistake.

Amazon has helped to put thousands of small books stores out of business all across amerika but to these sycophants they could care less.
workaholic

Rocky Mount, NC

#8 Oct 4, 2012
I think you all have it wrong. I got hired through a temp service for Amazon and they are the ones paying low wages and breathing down your neck to make rate or else. And having all those write UPS. Amazon is not like that management is good they work with you to help your rate.
I rather get paid to lose wight than to pay money out to a gym. That is another benefite that I have for working there. I lost 25lb from July till now (October). You have to be fast,also have to have good work ethics. Or you won't make it at Amazon.
Ronnie Davenport

United States

#9 Oct 4, 2012
Come back and tell us how good it is in December...
easy hero

Decatur, GA

#10 Oct 4, 2012
I LOVE amazon! Love love love it!!! Do you have any clue how many boxes amazon goes through in a weeks time? Simple, easy, not hard to please, never on pallets boxes! Well our whse people put em two bundles per pallet but we ship to them without. Two hours a night loading them up with lift and the other six to ten hours doing whatever. Work at amazon? They double the pay id think about it some. For 12-13 hr? Do the same job in 5 plants in boro making almost double. Glad they opened here though! Sweet deal!
Former Amazonian

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Oct 7, 2012
workaholic wrote:
I think you all have it wrong. I got hired through a temp service for Amazon and they are the ones paying low wages and breathing down your neck to make rate or else. And having all those write UPS. Amazon is not like that management is good they work with you to help your rate.
I rather get paid to lose wight than to pay money out to a gym. That is another benefite that I have for working there. I lost 25lb from July till now (October). You have to be fast,also have to have good work ethics. Or you won't make it at Amazon.
I workeed at the Chattanooga site at start up, I worked on the ship dock, we had product coming down a ramp,and on conveyors dropping boxes in large boxes, the pay at first it was ok then when the lanes to the trailers completely opened up 1 person had between 1-3 lanes either trailers, pallet, or both and all this for $11 hrI only went htere because I would've lost my unemploynebt if I hadn't accepted the position. They would give a small bonus called VCP it was over $200 for Dec. 2011. But averaged $25-$45 monthly after that.
On the ship dock they would take people and send them to pick, pack, or wherever so Area Mgrs. could get their numbers down and keep the Ops Mgrs off their ass, they in turn were screwing the shipping associates.
maintenance

United States

#13 Nov 17, 2012
Are they still hiring maintenance
Workaholic

Chattanooga, TN

#14 May 22, 2013
Former Amazonian wrote:
<quoted text>
I workeed at the Chattanooga site at start up, I worked on the ship dock, we had product coming down a ramp,and on conveyors dropping boxes in large boxes, the pay at first it was ok then when the lanes to the trailers completely opened up 1 person had between 1-3 lanes either trailers, pallet, or both and all this for $11 hrI only went htere because I would've lost my unemploynebt if I hadn't accepted the position. They would give a small bonus called VCP it was over $200 for Dec. 2011. But averaged $25-$45 monthly after that.
On the ship dock they would take people and send them to pick, pack, or wherever so Area Mgrs. could get their numbers down and keep the Ops Mgrs off their ass, they in turn were screwing the shipping associates.
Well they have changed every thing since start up. And if everyone would work and put things where they go and not miss work then the VCP s a whole lot bigger . I work in sort and we have some people that don't do things right and we don't get VCP. I think they should tell people you get extra money for putting thing back in their place,safety quality ,productivity . Then just maybe we would get a bigger amount. I was a stickler this last month with that and our first check in June will be good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for rentals 27 min Bgreen2016 1
Sonic shutting down 1 hr Diary Queen 2
Help.. I need a good dentist. 9 hr Dental referral 4
Cameras on Village Pizza once Again Fri C I A 11
Another Urban Services ABUSE by Loophole Beeler... Jul 22 Jake 27
Where is Abe Robinette Jul 20 Baby Momma 3
even though he says it ain't that big Jul 20 Jerry 12

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance