created by: CitizenTopix | Oct 7, 2010

Tennessee

5,867 votes

Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
7,741 - 7,760 of 8,593 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8616
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to live for obfuscation, and diversion; no matter the course, or method. Actually quite illuminating when one learns how to listen to them. They really do give so much away, at least the intelligent ones do. The child intellect give nothing away, because there's nothing behind their words. Funny as it may be these are the most effective trolls, and the easiest to spot.
That's a very interesting observation. I just tend to not have enough interest in them to give them that much attention. I used to, when they first began badgering me because I wanted to understand why. But, it's been going on for so long that, at some point a long time ago, I came to the conclusion that the problem is more IN them, than it is WITH me. The moment I realized that, I didn't care anymore what they said, they just became more of a nuisance than anything else, in my way of thinking.
I don't even bother reading most of their Posts, anymore, because I don't care what they say, or about them. I just hate to see them run any more of the sensible Posters off because then, there's No One to have a conversation with...and that's the whole point of being of Topix, isn't it, getting other's points of view, discussing Issues with People from different areas, and having alittle fun occasionally to take the stress off and lighten the Mood? That's the reason why I'm on here, anyway.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8617
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very interesting observation. I just tend to not have enough interest in them to give them that much attention.
I'm one of those people that for whatever reason has to answer questions. I'm somewhat talented in problem solving, and since I started posting on message boards ... 20+ years ago ... I've seen these people and couldn't help but see the effects of their activities.

If I wanted people lulled into disinterest, apathy, and cognitive dissonance, I would hire a few to haunt these boards to do what these trolls do. Depending on profit, risk, and plan, such a move could be very advantageous, and even profitable in the long run. Some might call that paranoia, but that would be because they can't dispute the fact that it is such a good strategy that our own military has been using it for years to ferret out "Homegrown Terrorists".

If they consider us Veterans as potential Homegrown Terrorists, they would certainly want to keep an eye out for our activities.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8618
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm one of those people that for whatever reason has to answer questions. I'm somewhat talented in problem solving, and since I started posting on message boards ... 20+ years ago ... I've seen these people and couldn't help but see the effects of their activities.
If I wanted people lulled into disinterest, apathy, and cognitive dissonance, I would hire a few to haunt these boards to do what these trolls do. Depending on profit, risk, and plan, such a move could be very advantageous, and even profitable in the long run. Some might call that paranoia, but that would be because they can't dispute the fact that it is such a good strategy that our own military has been using it for years to ferret out "Homegrown Terrorists".
If they consider us Veterans as potential Homegrown Terrorists, they would certainly want to keep an eye out for our activities.
Well, that's certainly an idea that had never occurred to me! I have to say that it makes sense, though. You could very well be right...stranger things have happened in this Country, for sure.

I have to say, that although we have had some cases of Veterans and Active Duty Military Members who were charged with planning to harm this Country...I do not believe that the biggest Majority of Veterans, by far, want any harm to come to this Country to come to this Country or it's Citizens. If what they preceive to be "harming" this Country and they feel they have to fight against it, I would hope that they would make absolutely sure that their perception is correct, without a doubt, before acting on their belief, or encouraging anybody else to do so! God help us...and them, if they don't!
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8619
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's certainly an idea that had never occurred to me! I have to say that it makes sense, though. You could very well be right...stranger things have happened in this Country, for sure.
I have to say, that although we have had some cases of Veterans and Active Duty Military Members who were charged with planning to harm this Country...I do not believe that the biggest Majority of Veterans, by far, want any harm to come to this Country to come to this Country or it's Citizens. If what they preceive to be "harming" this Country and they feel they have to fight against it, I would hope that they would make absolutely sure that their perception is correct, without a doubt, before acting on their belief, or encouraging anybody else to do so! God help us...and them, if they don't!
Put simply, since Kennedy, how many administrations have upheld, defended, and protected the Constitution, and how many have not? Spoiler: All have NOT.

Veterans who hold to their oaths and recognize this fact find themselves in a very unenviable position. Those that have been accused of intending harm, have more often than not been guilty of allowing too much collateral damage/injuries while they attacked government facilities. You probably think I have a certain "Timothy" in mind, but in fact I honestly believe he was working for the government, but that gets into some things I'm not comfortable discussing at this time.

Risking too much presumed affiliation with Mr. Jones in Texas, I do believe that the war at this point is an InfoWar, and that it can be won. Research H.R. 1955 {The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007} and how/why it was killed in committee {though it is being implemented incrementally now}.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8620
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Put simply, since Kennedy, how many administrations have upheld, defended, and protected the Constitution, and how many have not? Spoiler: All have NOT.
Veterans who hold to their oaths and recognize this fact find themselves in a very unenviable position. Those that have been accused of intending harm, have more often than not been guilty of allowing too much collateral damage/injuries while they attacked government facilities. You probably think I have a certain "Timothy" in mind, but in fact I honestly believe he was working for the government, but that gets into some things I'm not comfortable discussing at this time.
Risking too much presumed affiliation with Mr. Jones in Texas, I do believe that the war at this point is an InfoWar, and that it can be won. Research H.R. 1955 {The Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007} and how/why it was killed in committee {though it is being implemented incrementally now}.
Instead of listening to Conspiracy Theorists who make their Living (and a good one at that) by inciting People who are venerable to such things, why don't you ask yourself why Nobody, or Group, has taken these doubts about the Constitution being adhered to, before the Supreme Court, to get their interpretation and opinion as to whether or not the Constitution is being violated. That's what they're there for.
Then, do some Research and see if it it has gone before the Supreme Court and what their Ruling was, or if anybody has tried to get them to hear it and they have refused, which means that they think it's a ridiculous Lawsuit! It's very difficult for a Layman to interpret the Constitution as it applies to Modern Times, even Constitution Experts disagree on the Founding Fathers' intent and meaning of most of it.
Teapublican

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8621
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of listening to Conspiracy Theorists who make their Living (and a good one at that) by inciting People who are venerable to such things, why don't you ask yourself why Nobody, or Group, has taken these doubts about the Constitution being adhered to, before the Supreme Court, to get their interpretation and opinion as to whether or not the Constitution is being violated. That's what they're there for.
Then, do some Research and see if it it has gone before the Supreme Court and what their Ruling was, or if anybody has tried to get them to hear it and they have refused, which means that they think it's a ridiculous Lawsuit! It's very difficult for a Layman to interpret the Constitution as it applies to Modern Times, even Constitution Experts disagree on the Founding Fathers' intent and meaning of most of it.
Why don't you look around and see if the Constitution is being adhered to?
GOOD MORNING VIETNAM

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8623
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of listening to Conspiracy Theorists who make their Living (and a good one at that) by inciting People who are venerable to such things, why don't you ask yourself why Nobody, or Group, has taken these doubts about the Constitution being adhered to, before the Supreme Court, to get their interpretation and opinion as to whether or not the Constitution is being violated. That's what they're there for.
Then, do some Research and see if it it has gone before the Supreme Court and what their Ruling was, or if anybody has tried to get them to hear it and they have refused, which means that they think it's a ridiculous Lawsuit! It's very difficult for a Layman to interpret the Constitution as it applies to Modern Times, even Constitution Experts disagree on the Founding Fathers' intent and meaning of most of it.
Dont ever dig too deep or raise too many eyebrows into THINGS that THE MAN does not want CHANGED or KNOWN or you will end up like President Kennedy did.he had the BACKBONE to TRY and change some things he KNEW were wrong with the way Government was beening ran.He paid the ultimate price.The Gov. is Really just the Mob in actuality.just the Legal version of it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8624
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Teapublican wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you look around and see if the Constitution is being adhered to?
Hey, this is TN...it's never adhered to the U.S. Constitution, in my Lifetime. I didn't even realize it until I moved away for awhile, to a State that did, at that time. It's difficult to accept the way this State is run, once you've lived some place that was better.
As a Friend of mine that was born and raised here, but lived most of her Adult Life in another State outside the South, before moving back, once said, "you're better off if you've never left, because then, you don't know there's a better way". She was right!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8625
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

GOOD MORNING VIETNAM wrote:
<quoted text>Dont ever dig too deep or raise too many eyebrows into THINGS that THE MAN does not want CHANGED or KNOWN or you will end up like President Kennedy did.he had the BACKBONE to TRY and change some things he KNEW were wrong with the way Government was beening ran.He paid the ultimate price.The Gov. is Really just the Mob in actuality.just the Legal version of it.
You know, I can't argue that point with you because you just might be right!

When the People have so much distrust of their Gov't. in this Country, obviously something is wrong. Since the time of JFK, the distrust has only gotten progressively worse. I hate to admit that, but that doesn't change the reality of the situation.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8626
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm going to ask a question that I've been asking for 4 solid years. Who ran against Zach Wamp and Lamar Alexander in 2008?

Why do I ask?

Zach voted against the "Bail Out" Bill the first time through, but after the Senate added 300 pages and changed nothing except to reduce the amount of oversight, he voted for it. Let me be clear, he voted for the Bill after it was made even worse than it was originally.

During the election cycle I {and it seems no one else} saw any advertisements for Lamar and Zach's opponents. Why? If I had to guess, I'd say that only Zach and Lamar could get bank cooperation.

Is this a "conspiracy theory"? Yes, it is. Can I produce proof of my suspicions? No, I can't. All I have is my own memory, and the fact that so far no one has given me an answer to my question about their opponents.

Here's an article about "Conspiracy Theories" that turned out to be true.

http://truththeory.com/2013/02/15/5-conspirac...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8627
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Done my homework wrote:
I'm going to ask a question that I've been asking for 4 solid years. Who ran against Zach Wamp and Lamar Alexander in 2008?
Why do I ask?
Zach voted against the "Bail Out" Bill the first time through, but after the Senate added 300 pages and changed nothing except to reduce the amount of oversight, he voted for it. Let me be clear, he voted for the Bill after it was made even worse than it was originally.
During the election cycle I {and it seems no one else} saw any advertisements for Lamar and Zach's opponents. Why? If I had to guess, I'd say that only Zach and Lamar could get bank cooperation.
Is this a "conspiracy theory"? Yes, it is. Can I produce proof of my suspicions? No, I can't. All I have is my own memory, and the fact that so far no one has given me an answer to my question about their opponents.
Here's an article about "Conspiracy Theories" that turned out to be true.
http://truththeory.com/2013/02/15/5-conspirac...
"Done My homework", I don't remember who ran against Wamp and Alexander. But, if memory serves, Zach Wamp is backed by the Ultra-Conservative "K-Street" Evangelical Lobbyist Group. Google "K-Street Group" and see what it says. I haven't done that, I've just seen many Reports on programs like "60 Minutes" talking about them and I believe, Zach Wamp, was one of their most devoted Supporters and One of the Candidates that they supported heavily, financially, even after he got to D.C.

As for your Link...YES, all of those things I know to be true because they came to light in recent years. One would like to think there aren't any such things going on now, but I'm sure that would be extremely naive. It's all the more reason why we ALL need to try and learn as much as we can, from as many reliable Sources as we can, so that hopefully, we can sort SOME of the Propaganda out from the information that might actually be true. It's also another reason that we ALL make a concentrated effort to be as truthful as we can possibly be in the information that we pass on. It is so very important that we TRY extremely hard to do that, IMO!
There will be a mountain of misinformation put out to the American Public to try and cover up and distract from what the Government is really covering up...you can count on it! We don't need to help them in that endeavor!
BTW, I don't really object to the "Nazi Scientists" thing. I read about that, when I was a Teenager and they were not necessarily willing Participants in Hitler's Regime. But, they were very knowledgeable in their Field, and we needed them. They served this Country well after coming here and were very Patriotic Citizens of this Country, according to all reports that I have read over the years. In fact, if memory serves, I believe one or two of them, that were captured and brought here before the end of the War, were very instrumental in helping to develop the Atomic Bomb.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8628
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

When Congress and the Senate were getting correspondence to the tune of 112 to 1 against the Bail Out Bill, what would cause "Mr. Wamp" to reverse his vote {along with so many of his fellows}, and somehow get re-elected virtually unopposed? If we apply the axiom, "Who benefits?" to this the answer becomes pretty clear to my mind, but let me take this to another level just to be sure.

The Bail Out Bill allowed for certain banking institutions to be "bailed out" because they're too big to fail. Is it just pure coincidence that each of those institutions is also listed as an owner of the Federal Reserve System? Compare the lists of owners to the list of "Bail Outs" and the parallels are obvious.

I haven't done this, but if further evidence is needed one might check to see how many Congressmen and Senators that opposed the Bail Out Bill were re-elected. That is if you can find the Bail Out Bill.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8629
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Done my homework wrote:
When Congress and the Senate were getting correspondence to the tune of 112 to 1 against the Bail Out Bill, what would cause "Mr. Wamp" to reverse his vote {along with so many of his fellows}, and somehow get re-elected virtually unopposed? If we apply the axiom, "Who benefits?" to this the answer becomes pretty clear to my mind, but let me take this to another level just to be sure.
The Bail Out Bill allowed for certain banking institutions to be "bailed out" because they're too big to fail. Is it just pure coincidence that each of those institutions is also listed as an owner of the Federal Reserve System? Compare the lists of owners to the list of "Bail Outs" and the parallels are obvious.
I haven't done this, but if further evidence is needed one might check to see how many Congressmen and Senators that opposed the Bail Out Bill were re-elected. That is if you can find the Bail Out Bill.
Are you saying that you think Wamp's election was rigged, or that Voters were just that blind and uninformed?
Wamp is not my Congressman, so you have to explain your statements for me to understand, since I had no reason to keep up with his election, at the time.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8630
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Let me pose something to you, SSS.

In the 110th Congress, 2008, September-October time frame, a bill was submitted to Congress to stabilize the economy. This bill was H.R. 1424. There were, however, about a half dozen bills under the same bill number {which shouldn't be just because of the confusion factor}. Hence, the way to find the bill would have to get down to the actual title, but there's nothing about stabilizing the economy in any of the titles.

Give up? The title to the one you want is,`An Act to amend section 712 of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, section 2705'.

Now, does that tell you anything? If you search now there's one that is titled with what you might expect, but at the time there wasn't. How do I know? I found it and read it before they voted on it.

What institutions received "Bail Out" money? Compare what has been made public with the public owners list for the Federal Reserve System, and you'll see some interesting similarities.

What does this have to do with Wamp and Alexander's re-election? If the opposing candidate can't get financing, what are the chances he/she will get enough advertising time to stand a chance of being remembered, let alone elected?

Was the election fixed/rigged? Not as such, but the campaign was, and it was right in front of everyone in so many states, and yes, for the most part people completely missed it. Blind? Uninformed? Have you looked at the NDAA for 2013?

Thankfully, Wamp is no one's representative now, and if Tennessee has any sense at all they'll get rid of Lamar Alexander as well. Sadly, they won't.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8631
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, I think we've taken this as far afield as we can, and should get back to the main topic of this thread, but thanks to all for the indulgence and space to take a tangent. :-)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8632
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Done my homework wrote:
Let me pose something to you, SSS.
In the 110th Congress, 2008, September-October time frame, a bill was submitted to Congress to stabilize the economy. This bill was H.R. 1424. There were, however, about a half dozen bills under the same bill number {which shouldn't be just because of the confusion factor}. Hence, the way to find the bill would have to get down to the actual title, but there's nothing about stabilizing the economy in any of the titles.
Give up? The title to the one you want is,`An Act to amend section 712 of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, section 2705'.
Now, does that tell you anything? If you search now there's one that is titled with what you might expect, but at the time there wasn't. How do I know? I found it and read it before they voted on it.
What institutions received "Bail Out" money? Compare what has been made public with the public owners list for the Federal Reserve System, and you'll see some interesting similarities.
What does this have to do with Wamp and Alexander's re-election? If the opposing candidate can't get financing, what are the chances he/she will get enough advertising time to stand a chance of being remembered, let alone elected?
Was the election fixed/rigged? Not as such, but the campaign was, and it was right in front of everyone in so many states, and yes, for the most part people completely missed it. Blind? Uninformed? Have you looked at the NDAA for 2013?
Thankfully, Wamp is no one's representative now, and if Tennessee has any sense at all they'll get rid of Lamar Alexander as well. Sadly, they won't.
You won't get any argument from me about getting rid of Alexander...or Corker. I think they both need to go! What has either One of them done for TN? NOTHING to my knowledge! Corker has done alot of Self-Promotion, but that's not what we sent him to DC for! Alexander does nothing , but cater to the Washington Power-brokers and vote however they tell him to, PERIOD!
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8633
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

But who are those power brokers? Where is the real power, not the proxies.

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8634
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Done my homework wrote:
But who are those power brokers? Where is the real power, not the proxies.
"Done my Homework" I think we should get this thread back on topic. This is about hunting rights. The moderators do not like it when we get off track. I really don't think there is any need to let men kill for game anyway. So if they loose their rights to hunt and kill innocent creatures just for game then we have a problem.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8635
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm one of those people that for whatever reason has to answer questions. I'm somewhat talented in problem solving, and since I started posting on message boards ... 20+ years ago ... I've seen these people and couldn't help but see the effects of their activities.
If I wanted people lulled into disinterest, apathy, and cognitive dissonance, I would hire a few to haunt these boards to do what these trolls do. Depending on profit, risk, and plan, such a move could be very advantageous, and even profitable in the long run. Some might call that paranoia, but that would be because they can't dispute the fact that it is such a good strategy that our own military has been using it for years to ferret out "Homegrown Terrorists".
If they consider us Veterans as potential Homegrown Terrorists, they would certainly want to keep an eye out for our activities.
Ok. what time is it? Well, you said that you like to answer questions.:)
You remind me alot of "Vet".:)
Lol

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8636
Feb 23, 2013
 
Shoot em up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Lebanon Forum right now

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min WifeBEATER HAWK 141,392
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 18 hr Zeke 8,978
City Schools outsourcing custodial work to GCA ... Mon Nook 14
Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee (May '12) Mon JobHunter 1,233
Man Says He Was Hit Repeatedly With Axe Handle;... Mon Brennt 3
candice gibson Mon lol 2
Christina Thomas (May '10) Jul 27 pruitt 63
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lebanon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebanon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••