cult in lebanon?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2623 Mar 24, 2011
In general, a cult is a small religious group outside the established churches, usually with a charismatic leader who is a strong authority figure. One psychiatrist has described cults as "religions that haven't grown up yet."

Location hidden

#2624 Mar 24, 2011
The Cult test... Please take it and see what he is doing to you... http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult_q0.h...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2625 Mar 24, 2011
There are some Christians who believe that Christians should not visit doctors, but rely solely upon prayer for healing. They claim (falsely) that all healings in the Bible were strictly the result of prayer. It is true that the gospels contain many examples of Jesus (and even the apostles) healing the sick and lame. However, the healings of Jesus were given as a sign of the legitimacy of His claim of Messiahship, since the Old Testament said that the Messiah would heal the blind and the deaf. Despite claims to the contrary, there were physicians at the time the New Testament was written. In fact, one of the writers of the gospels, Luke, was a physician. Jesus seemed to know that doctors could heal people, since He said, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick," giving legitimacy to medicine as a healing art. Jesus also quoted from the proverb, "Physician, heal yourself!," indicating that physicians of the time were healing people. The Greek word for "physician" is derived from the root verb iaomai, which mean "to cure" or "heal," indicating that a physician's job in the first century was to heal people.

Location hidden

#2626 Mar 24, 2011
Christians should not rely solely upon prayer to treat diseases that are reliably treated through modern medicine. This doesn't mean that we don't pray for the sick. When Christian parents let a child die from a disorder that is readily treatable by modern medicine, it says to the world that we are stupid and uncaring. However, since God calls certain individuals to serve others through medicine, aren't those people really an answer to our prayers? So when your child gets sick, use your faith to seek medical professionals whom God has provided for their healing. And, yes, pray for your child and also for the doctors that God would provide them wisdom and discernment in your child's treatment.

Location hidden

#2627 Mar 27, 2011
Many Preachers do seem to count on your ignorance of the Word of God as they often do also try convince you you're way too dumb to argue with them, for God has spoken to them directly on the matter, and if you challenge them they tend to ignore you or kick you out..

Location hidden

#2628 Mar 27, 2011
Early Christians gained a reputation among non-believers for loving one another and being charitable toward the poor in their midst. But that is clearly now how it is these days, these days the privileged few "in ministry" fatten themselves at the expense of the struggling wage slaves out in the pews. Instead of being tenderly cared for by so-called shepherds, poor "pew Christians" get threatened that God's gonna sick satan on them for failure to pay the preacher his cut before buying groceries and paying the rent. Satan now loves to see their kids go hungry while poor Christian parents pay tithes "by faith", sacrificing the thin sliver of income left after rent, transportation and utilities are taken care of. God is NOT not at all pleased with any of such religious persons.

Location hidden

#2629 Mar 27, 2011
Early Christians gained a reputation among non-believers for loving one another and being charitable toward the poor in their midst. But that is clearly now how it is these days, these days the privileged few "in ministry" fatten themselves at the expense of the struggling wage slaves out in the pews. Instead of being tenderly cared for by so-called shepherds, poor "pew Christians" get threatened that God's gonna sick satan on them for failure to pay the preacher his cut before buying groceries and paying the rent. Satan now loves to see their kids go hungry while poor Christian parents pay tithes "by faith", sacrificing the thin sliver of income left after rent, transportation and utilities are taken care of. God is NOT not at all pleased with any of such religious persons.

Location hidden

#2630 Mar 27, 2011
" When you're about to be thrown out onto the street for lack of rent money, you just try to get one of those tithe-collecting tycoons to share with you the way the first century Christians did with those in need. Yeah, right, he'll "PRAY" for you, that is, if you can get past his entourage of ushers. " Who likely first will say your are poor cause you alone are at fault, are in sin or the lying, bad preacher will say you did not give the money to me, you gave it to God and God alone now, next is the one who will pay you, help you.. such hypocrisy too. Tithe givers and tithe Collectors live high on the hog while the poor "pew Christians" struggle to keep food on the table, a roof over their heads.

Location hidden

#2631 Mar 27, 2011
Jesus himself did not live off the proceeds of tithes, So now why all the fuss over one or two isolated and misapplied verses ABOUT TITHING in Malachi 3? I Tim.2:5 which states that there is only ONE Mediator between God and man, Christ Jesus. And not some other human being that must now accepts his direct representative, supposedly on God's behalf. And NOWHERE in the New Testament does God even authorize him to take up, spend any of tithes in His Name. "Spiritual tyrants would demote us from our exalted place in Christ and relegate us to being tribute-paying peons who work and slave to build THEIR religious empires. The false Tithing preachers do radically alters our relationship with God, from being His child receiving His favors solely through His grace in Christ, to some hard-nosed "prosperity partnership" whereby God only dispenses answers to prayer in exchange for cold, hard cash.

Location hidden

#2632 Mar 27, 2011
God's idea of a real Church now would be where where everybody was just one big happy family of brothers and sisters behaving in love , decency, honesty too... but even many homes, families do not have this and why? The devil, sin and self centeredness, false pride run the homes and many churches, church pastors now too.

Location hidden

#2633 Mar 27, 2011
"A good objective of leadership is to help those who are doing poorly to do well and to help those who are doing well to do even better."

Location hidden

#2634 Mar 27, 2011
"Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation."

Location hidden

#2635 Mar 29, 2011
what do you know about stopping cults?
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:32am
haha cutls?
like wehat?
[You]
Report · 10:32am
i have been told to get a lawer
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:33am
wow, bad spelling by me
who joined a cult?
[You]
Report · 10:33am
tells people to make checks out to him and not the church
my uncle runs one
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:34am
there is an anonymous tip line for the IRS
[You]
Report · 10:34am
did that and nothing
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:35am
did you inform the church?
[You]
hisbis licens has been exp from 9\23\08
he runsit
runs it
[Michael E Trainor]
hmmm, that's a tough one because he can legally prohibit you from sending letters to his members I believe
[You]
Report · 10:36am
and if you ask for donation paper work for taxes he tells them its like then never gaveit to God
[Michael E Trainor]
how did you find out about it?
[You]
my cuz was in it for8 years
she knows a lot...
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:39am
i think you'd have to find people within the church or donors to sue him or combine their suits as a small class action against him
[You]
Report · 10:41am
that's it???/
tells people he has raised the dead
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:42am
what the fuck? haha
[You]
sees demons on people
[Michael E Trainor]
he's a necromancer?
[You]
and tells you if you go to the dr you have no faith
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:43am
what a fuckin creepy dude
[You]
Report · 10:43am
i know and i want him stopped
he and five other people live off the money
has $200,000.00 in cars and motorcycles
3 houses ans 100 ac
of land
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:45am
is this out here in cali?
[You]
Report · 10:45am
no
tenn
he told my grandpa that if he did jot give up all he has God had no room for him so he gavehis house to him
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:49am
ok that sounds like unde influence, taht's illegal
if you're an heir, you need to sue him
[You]
so what do i do
[Michael E Trainor]
and say he used undue influence and fraud to acquire title
[You]
im not but my mom is
[Michael E Trainor]
is your mom fooled by this shit too?
[You]
Report · 10:50am
not at all she wants him to do jail time
[Michael E Trainor]
leme guess, he's your dad's brother?
[You]
moms
what if my grandpa tells the court he did it of free will?
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:51am
ask the court to determine if your father is of sound mind
[You]
Report · 10:51am
he is scared of the demons he is told about
[Michael E Trainor]
Report · 10:52am
if they determine he's sound, then you probably won't be able to do anything
tell him to buy a shotgun and have the shells blessed, that's all anyone can ask for
[You]
he is sound just scared
[Michael E Trainor]
sounds like the guy threatened him
with more than hellfire
[You]
yup with HELL!!!
urgondown

United States

#2636 Mar 30, 2011
Wow! How about that '' Pray against list " This pastor actually has a list of people he and his little Cronnies pray for bad things to happen to them? What kinda crap is that?? But it is put out by a X-member... Wow is all I can say..........Very Interesting......Real Christian Like there Jerk! And to find out the people on it..... well OK then.........its as phony as you are......
urgondown

United States

#2637 Mar 30, 2011
Where in the Bible is this? I really would like to know.
urgondown

United States

#2638 Mar 30, 2011
I understand your sister is rolling in pain with a toothache? Ummmm... and on pain pills? Ummmm? was at the dentist just today? Wow again! whats up with that? Now maybe she knows how her daughter has felt for years..........with no help form you or her Mother , while she was in pain..........even while setting in your church! You know you really are a ASS!!

Location hidden

#2639 Mar 30, 2011
So hows that whole "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" working out for you guys? Why would carol have to go see a dentist? He can raise the dead but cant tackle a tooth? why dont cha just turn it to GOLD and get it over with? why? I know why and now everyone else is seeing why also. Go see my you tube page...ASS
Interesting

Fletcher, NC

#2640 Mar 30, 2011
good questions. very interesting... i would be quick to answer them if i were that "pastor". doubt he will though...
URGONDOWN

Clarksville, TN

#2641 Mar 31, 2011
Get this......now today, Carol says.....its all through the Bible to pray against people.... And we need to read our Bible....and we would know this man! Really? Gee..........

Location hidden

#2642 Mar 31, 2011
King James Bible
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Corruption 2 hr Amy Davis 1
Candyland closed for business 7 hr She-a-liar 18
Jonathans Fri TNvolsFan 1
vanderbilt baby nicu unit employees Dec 8 Justin 15
Thigpen, why don't you put that POS camper Dec 7 careful what you ... 3
Leandra Roberts Dec 6 Guest 6
Ashley Davis? Dec 6 Yea Boy 4

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance