Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments (Page 399)

Showing posts 7,961 - 7,980 of8,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Newby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Not in a million years!!!!!
FIRST do the research and find out what's in those shots!! Then YOU can be the first in line
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2013

Judged:

Newby wrote:
Not in a million years!!!!!
FIRST do the research and find out what's in those shots!! Then YOU can be the first in line
It is not clear tahat you understand what research is. You need to avoid wiki's and you need to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence you get from national enquirer and jenny and real scientiifc evidence. Few conspiracy theorists are able to grasp the difference.
nurse

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

As a pediatric nurse, I strongly recommend immunizations. I researched it because of having children myself, and I do not believe autism is related. I have worked with many children with autism and you can see autistic symptoms early on, but can not dignose until later. There has been no evidence its related. There is evidence however that immuinizations stop the spread of dangerous diseases, and if you think chicken pox is no big deal then you have never seen a baby die from complications. Again this is my personal belief and I believe if your child is going t be in a public place they should have to be updated on immunizations, children who are not should not expose children who may be to young to have shots. I have friends who have children with autism so I understand the fear, but I believe its not related. knowledge is power so know all the facts before you decide what is best for your family.
Parent

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Autism comes from the babies parents not from a shot.
Something is screwed up in one of the parents genes.

Give your children the shots and save lifes.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not clear tahat you understand what research is. You need to avoid wiki's and you need to understand the difference between anecdotal evidence you get from national enquirer and jenny and real scientiifc evidence. Few conspiracy theorists are able to grasp the difference.
You know-you never add anything of value you just pop on here and run down anyone who doesn't follow the program you think they ought to.
Arrmadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
You know-you never add anything of value you just pop on here and run down anyone who doesn't follow the program you think they ought to.
You are making outragious claims about medical research and the health profession. You are the one that needs to provide the real evidence for these claims.

Innocent until proven guilty. Innocence need not be proven. You are unable to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt because your sources are shit.

It is you who have no mind of your own. That is why you have been fooled by crap passiing as science.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2013

Judged:

Arrmadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making outragious claims about medical research and the health profession. You are the one that needs to provide the real evidence for these claims.
Innocent until proven guilty. Innocence need not be proven. You are unable to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt because your sources are shit.
It is you who have no mind of your own. That is why you have been fooled by crap passiing as science.
No Idiot. I have looked at both sides of this issue. When you have a government that has zero credibility and drug companies that kill and destroy lives with their toxic wares and are fully aware of it, this is in my book criminal activity.
You can throw out all your scientific babble and it will never erase what has and continues to be done in the name of profit.
So you take your crap and shove it.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
No Idiot. I have looked at both sides of this issue. When you have a government that has zero credibility and drug companies that kill and destroy lives with their toxic wares and are fully aware of it, this is in my book criminal activity.
You can throw out all your scientific babble and it will never erase what has and continues to be done in the name of profit.
So you take your crap and shove it.
You are the fool. Language that includes "zero credibility" , "scientific babble", and "kill and destroy" suggest your mind has been closed from the beginning.

Whatever is driving your opinion about this matter has nothing to do with science.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the fool. Language that includes "zero credibility" , "scientific babble", and "kill and destroy" suggest your mind has been closed from the beginning.
Whatever is driving your opinion about this matter has nothing to do with science.
Reality.
Anonymous

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Hmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
My sons pediatrician has a sigh up in their office that effective April 1, 2011, the will not accept patient who do not get immunizations.
Can they do that?
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality.
Hardly reality. More like tea party crap
Reality

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality is that thousands of families had front row seats to witness a healthy, typically developing child become very ill after a vaccine, and with the illness see a loss of words, understanding, skills, functions, saw a regression that ultimately led to a diagnosis on the autism spectrum. In this day and age, these parents have hours of video footage and reams of photos to show the before and after. The parents testimony are eerily similar. You never hear of an illness that includes high pitched screaming, explosive diarrhea, head banging, high fever, etc, toward regression and decline into autism that occurs out of nowhere with no vaccine in the picture.

Science has not explained all of the Hannah Polings.

PS: If you get your flu shot at a drug store, be sure to save your receipt. Lisa Marks Smith learned that lesson the hard way.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
<quoted text>
And still the argument has neither changed nor addressed the central question of whether government should mandate immunizations. Soon this question won't even be an issue as we'll be under the so called "Affordable" Health Care Act. Nancy Pelosi said it needed to be passed so we could see what was in it, so the House and Senate passed the bill {insanity of insanities}, and now our Healthcare is in the hands of those who bungled the "Cash for Clunkers" program.

TEA Party crap? Really? Have you read any of the cardinal acts of the past 15 years? Any of them? Even ONE???
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

Arguments that immunization is is a bad idea are based on bogus evidence sought out by those who have a political agenda and believe that children are property.

Your post has made that quite clear
Mom of 4

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

nurse wrote:
As a pediatric nurse, I strongly recommend immunizations. I researched it because of having children myself, and I do not believe autism is related. I have worked with many children with autism and you can see autistic symptoms early on, but can not dignose until later. There has been no evidence its related. There is evidence however that immuinizations stop the spread of dangerous diseases, and if you think chicken pox is no big deal then you have never seen a baby die from complications. Again this is my personal belief and I believe if your child is going t be in a public place they should have to be updated on immunizations, children who are not should not expose children who may be to young to have shots. I have friends who have children with autism so I understand the fear, but I believe its not related. knowledge is power so know all the facts before you decide what is best for your family.
There are strong links to immunizations and Autism, mostly in males. You must've stopped your research too soon. I DO believe they should immunize those coming into the country, as they could be carrying diseases we don't have an immunity against. We all know the 'cocktails' in the shots have changed since we were children, but so have the number of cases of Autism. Look at the numbers, not what drug makers want you to believe.
Jennifer Lael

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2013

Judged:

NO! I don't think the state should mandate immunizations. For one thing, when we took the small pox vaccination when I was a child, it didn't come with all the warnings it does now.

The government, at a federal and at state level, are mandating way too much, as it is. Things should go back to the way it was decades ago. But I don't see that it makes any difference, really, they're modifying our foods to where it's no longer healthy, even the grain is now modified. All I've heard lately is how they want to decrease the population, first through modifying foods to cause more infertility. Well, has anyone else noticed that if women wait until they're in their late 20s or early 30s and beyond, they have more difficulty in becoming pregnant? It's not because they're 'too old' to get pregnant, all I had to do was walk by a man and I got pregnant. A little exaggeration there, but seriously, true, true. People are going to fertility clinics way more often than they did before. Etc. If anyone has their eyes open to reality, you already know this.

What better way to decrease population and put more people at the mercy of government dependence than through immunizations - forced vaccination?

Think about it.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Jennifer Lael wrote:
NO! I don't think the state should mandate immunizations. For one thing, when we took the small pox vaccination when I was a child, it didn't come with all the warnings it does now.
The government, at a federal and at state level, are mandating way too much, as it is. Things should go back to the way it was decades ago. But I don't see that it makes any difference, really, they're modifying our foods to where it's no longer healthy, even the grain is now modified. All I've heard lately is how they want to decrease the population, first through modifying foods to cause more infertility. Well, has anyone else noticed that if women wait until they're in their late 20s or early 30s and beyond, they have more difficulty in becoming pregnant? It's not because they're 'too old' to get pregnant, all I had to do was walk by a man and I got pregnant. A little exaggeration there, but seriously, true, true. People are going to fertility clinics way more often than they did before. Etc. If anyone has their eyes open to reality, you already know this.
What better way to decrease population and put more people at the mercy of government dependence than through immunizations - forced vaccination?
Think about it.
Yes, why not go beck to the fifities--life was so much better then--except if you are black, or female...
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Armadillo wrote:
Arguments that immunization is is a bad idea are based on bogus evidence sought out by those who have a political agenda and believe that children are property.
Your post has made that quite clear
Whether vaccinations are a good, or bad, idea is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether the state has the power to enforce compliance, as opposed to the right of the individual to refuse to comply. Hence my question about reading any of the legislation that has passed before the House or Senate in the past 10 to 15 years.

The power of the state must never exceed the right of the individual to say "No."
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Notice how the Left uses rhetoric to side-step the issue? "If you were black" "If you were female" "in the fifties" {spelling corrected, free of charge}.

Notice how they only focus on the corporate, and never the individual's rights? So obvious, and so vapid.
Armadillo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether vaccinations are a good, or bad, idea is irrelevant. What is relevant is whether the state has the power to enforce compliance, as opposed to the right of the individual to refuse to comply. Hence my question about reading any of the legislation that has passed before the House or Senate in the past 10 to 15 years.
The power of the state must never exceed the right of the individual to say "No."
Your past posts, attempts to show that vaccinations are bad, certainly contradict this latest post. If indeed your are interested only in the sacred rights of the individual, why did you bring up that "evidence" in the first place?

Your last statement in this post is simply absurd as stated. I can say "no" to any law? Tell that to the judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,961 - 7,980 of8,866
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Lebanon Forum right now

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min Bayless 138,446
Mapco off So. Hartman 1 hr Lisa 1
Election 2014 and child abuse (Jun '13) 3 hr Bit by the Byrd 4
"who" 6 hr Lisa 1
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 23 hr BOB 8,588
Where has Attorney Adam Parrish run off to? Wed Blue Devils 11
Wilson sheriff's deputy, school board member su... (Jun '13) Tue A taxpayer 23
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••