Police: Man Was Dragged To Death

Full story: NewsChannel5.com Nashville

A Midstate man found on a Wilson County road Sunday was dragged to death, according to the Wilson County Sheriff's Office.
Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Oct 7, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kiki

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 30, 2008
 
Its sad that people feel the need to be total jerks at such a tragic time. We don't know what happened. We can only speak from personal opinions on the knowledge of the people we know. Jim Brown, in my opinion, was a great guy. He loved his profession. He loved his family. He loved his friends. He was a caring and very humorous individual and would do anything for anybody. As for Darlene, she is a nice person and loves her children. To know that a tragedy like this took place is nothing less than tragic and shocking. My heart goes out to the triplets. Not only have they lost a great father but they have to endure the pain their mother will feel for a lifetime.
Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 1, 2008
 
What has happened to this family has been very tragic. Yes the Jim that I have known for over 25 years was not the same Jim that has lost his life. There are many things about this case that hasn't been released, but to call Darlene a killer just show your stupid. 1st she and her two sons were being shot at by their father, that is why people heard a shot being fired, and yes they all were in fear. Also, the police haven't told the press that the second bullet got jamed is the only reason why he didn't keep shoting at them. Darlene didn't know until well after 8:00 am that morning that Jim was dead. She kept wanting to know why he hadn't called to try and find her and the kids, like he had done before when he had the same gun out in Jan. trying to kill her. She drover herself to the hospital to have her head, should, back, and ear looked at were he had been beating her with a metal bar. This was seen be her children, but no one is wanting to tell that part of the story either. Let's not forget that very night that Jim also get a gun after one of his long time friends and was going to kill him as well. Darlene didn't know that anything had happend to her husband, but someone else did. Look into the 911 call that was placed. There are alot of questions that need to be answered. So again the truth will come out and when it does I just hope and pray that all of these closed minded people can addmit that they were wrong about the Brown Family.
another friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 1, 2008
 
The Jim Brown I know, is a kind, loving, generous person who, no matter what, did not deserve to die this way. I wish him peace and comfort and truly hope he did NOT suffer! Apparently, the above friend was NOT a true friend of Jim's, as this "friend" has condemned Jim, when no one will really ever know what happened, except for Darlene and Jim. This family is suffering and will continue to suffer for years to come. I pray for ALL of them!
Michelle

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 1, 2008
 
I am a relative of Wesley Brown. I live in Michigan. I hope there is some justice in this case. It is very disturbing. This doesn't in any way, shape or form sound like the Wesley I've known my whole life. He on of the friendliest, kindest, people you could ever know. There are a lot of missing pieces. Wesley's family are putting this in god's hands and to the professionals of Wilson County. I hope there can be some sort of closure for these families. Unfortunately, he's gone (Wesley) and his children will never see him again. This is the true tragedy in this situation. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 1, 2008
 
Michelle wrote:
I am a relative of Wesley Brown. I live in Michigan. I hope there is some justice in this case. It is very disturbing. This doesn't in any way, shape or form sound like the Wesley I've known my whole life. He on of the friendliest, kindest, people you could ever know. There are a lot of missing pieces. Wesley's family are putting this in god's hands and to the professionals of Wilson County. I hope there can be some sort of closure for these families. Unfortunately, he's gone (Wesley) and his children will never see him again. This is the true tragedy in this situation. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
There will be no justice...wives are permitted to kill their husbands...you didn't know that??
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 1, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Friend wrote:
What has happened to this family has been very tragic. Yes the Jim that I have known for over 25 years was not the same Jim that has lost his life. There are many things about this case that hasn't been released, but to call Darlene a killer just show your stupid. 1st she and her two sons were being shot at by their father, that is why people heard a shot being fired, and yes they all were in fear. Also, the police haven't told the press that the second bullet got jamed is the only reason why he didn't keep shoting at them. Darlene didn't know until well after 8:00 am that morning that Jim was dead. She kept wanting to know why he hadn't called to try and find her and the kids, like he had done before when he had the same gun out in Jan. trying to kill her. She drover herself to the hospital to have her head, should, back, and ear looked at were he had been beating her with a metal bar. This was seen be her children, but no one is wanting to tell that part of the story either. Let's not forget that very night that Jim also get a gun after one of his long time friends and was going to kill him as well. Darlene didn't know that anything had happend to her husband, but someone else did. Look into the 911 call that was placed. There are alot of questions that need to be answered. So again the truth will come out and when it does I just hope and pray that all of these closed minded people can addmit that they were wrong about the Brown Family.
Good to hear from you Darlene
TAMMY - CHESTNUT MOUND

Gainesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 1, 2008
 
JIM & DARLENE WERE THE SWEETEST 2 PEOPLE YOU COULD EVER MEET. IT IS VERY SAD THING. THEY HAVE TRIPLET'S. THIS IS WHAT US PEOPLE IN THIS AREA AND ADJOINTING STATES "SHOULD BE DOING"PRAYING" FOR AND TO HELP THESE TWO FAMILES COME TOGETHER AND HELP EACH OTHER THROUGH THIS TERRIBLE ACCIDENT." "PRAY FOR DARLENE AND THOSE CHILDREN". THAT'S WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD TODAY NOT ANYONE WANTS TO PRAY JUST JUDGE PEOPLE.SO PLEASE, IF YOU CAN FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO PRAY FOR THESE FAMILES. DON'T FORGET THEM THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF US. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Michelle

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 2, 2008
 
Jordan from Mount Juliet has a serois mental condition if she thinks it's ok to kill anyone. I hope she seeks some help. However, I don't really care about her this is about 2 families going through a terrible tragedy. She has no business being on the internet.
sonicgirl

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 2, 2008
 
I live in Lebanon and from what I've heard it was self-defense. From what I understand he had been hitting on her for quite some time. We all don't know the circumstances so lets not get the electric chair ready just yet.
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 2, 2008
 
Michelle wrote:
Jordan from Mount Juliet has a serois mental condition if she thinks it's ok to kill anyone. I hope she seeks some help. However, I don't really care about her this is about 2 families going through a terrible tragedy. She has no business being on the internet.
You, my friend, are an idiot. Did you really read what was written????? It was being SARCASTIC.

Also, to comment on what you wrote...when it's EVIDENT that a woman committed a crime against her husband, we just want to say "I feel sorry for the family." "Let's pray for the family." First of all, these people that say they are going to pray for the family, are they actually praying or is that just a good will comment with empty promises? Secondly, when it's a husband that has committed a crime against his wife, nobody wants to "pray for the family" or "fell sorry for the family," they just want to "kill the man that did this."

Double standards are alive & well...A woman's vain can support the needles of lethel injection just like a man.

And, by the way, I say this being a woman. It makes me sick and disgusted when women cannot take care of themselves and rely on the sympathy of the public to get their way and get people to feel sorry for them. Woman have accomplished a lot in our society, especially since the times that women were considered second class citizens. If we are to continue to be respected as individuals and not as a weak second-hand puppets, we need to "buck up" and take the heat or get out of the kitchen. IF you believe in women's rights, you should also believe that the laws & punishments should be no different for us even if the punishment is severe.
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 2, 2008
 
sonicgirl wrote:
I live in Lebanon and from what I've heard it was self-defense. From what I understand he had been hitting on her for quite some time. We all don't know the circumstances so lets not get the electric chair ready just yet.
of course not, she's a woman...we are too weak to take care of ourselves! Let's pat her on the back, give her a tissue, and send her on to the next husband she'll take out. Perhaps target practice will be good as well so she won't mess up her car next time.
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 2, 2008
 
Michelle wrote:
Jordan from Mount Juliet has a serois mental condition if she thinks it's ok to kill anyone. I hope she seeks some help. However, I don't really care about her this is about 2 families going through a terrible tragedy. She has no business being on the internet.
I owe you an apology. Name-calling is not appropriate and was the result of me speaking before thinking.

I stand behind my opinion, but the personal attack was unnecessary and I do sincerely apologize.
A friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 3, 2008
 
Anyone of you who have written comments on what you think should or should not happen to Darlene Brown should just reserve your judgements until all of the facts are released. I knew Jim very well because I worked with him and I have met Darlene several times and she is one of the nicest people you can meet. What has happened to this family is a tragedy. Unless you were there or know first hand what transpired that night, I feel you should not comment on what the outcome should be. His three children are the ones that we should be focusing on and praying for at this time. They have lost their father and their mother is going thru unspeakable grief. So please reserve all unnecessary and unkind comments until all of the facts are in.
a friend of the family

Alexandria, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 3, 2008
 
The media has to give us stuff to keep us tuning in everynight so they get their ratings. There are HUGE pieces of the story that are being left out. As a woman who has been abused in the past I understand what happened. No one ever imagined my ex husband was abusive. In fact my own parents didn't believe me. He is a very charasmatic man and remains that way today. When you are in a situation that you are being abused and it involves your children your fight or flight instinct kicks in and your only thought is to get you and your children to safety. With adrenaline kicking in you don't realize what is going on around you. I feel very sorry for the family and believe darlene 100% and condemn the media for leaving out parts of the truth. Unless you were there or inside her head you have no idea what happened.
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 3, 2008
 
a friend of the family wrote:
Unless you were there or inside her head you have no idea what happened.
I cut and pasted the only portion of your statement that I would call 100% true. We don't know what happened. So, let's look at the facts. Fact: She committed murder. Speculation? She did it because she was in an abusive relationship. Whose word do we take? The only one alive and that's Darlene. Would she say anything in the world to avoid jail, of course!!! She's the only wittness. When she committed murder, she gave away her only right to speak up. What she says now is useless because she terminated the life of the only person that can defend Jim.

I am not comdemning her to jail, the death penalty, etc. But, if we rely on the facts at hand...the facts at hard are that she killed him. Let's also take note, he didn't kill her.
a friend of the family

Alexandria, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 3, 2008
 
If she didn't run away that night she would be dead. He was shooting a gun at her. He was shooting a gun at her kids. Whether or not it was intended for the kids isn't for us to know. She didn't intend to kill him. She didn't even know he was dead. Murder is when you intend to kill someone. She was running. She was running for her life and for the safety of her boys. At the very worst the only thing she could be charged with and found guilty of is homicide. It was accidental. You are talking about things you know nothing of and that is why ignorance runs the world.
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 3, 2008
 
a friend of the family wrote:
If she didn't run away that night she would be dead. He was shooting a gun at her. He was shooting a gun at her kids. Whether or not it was intended for the kids isn't for us to know. She didn't intend to kill him. She didn't even know he was dead. Murder is when you intend to kill someone. She was running. She was running for her life and for the safety of her boys. At the very worst the only thing she could be charged with and found guilty of is homicide. It was accidental. You are talking about things you know nothing of and that is why ignorance runs the world.
If what you say is true (to the word) then she'd completely in the right; however, too many times it is said "seld-defense" after the husband is dead. It reminds me of the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."

Anyhow, I don't doubt what you say, I am just sceptable because some (and I say "some" because certainly not all are) woman do use this as an excuse when it's really not going on.
concerned friend

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 3, 2008
 
Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you say is true (to the word) then she'd completely in the right; however, too many times it is said "seld-defense" after the husband is dead. It reminds me of the story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."
Anyhow, I don't doubt what you say, I am just sceptable because some (and I say "some" because certainly not all are) woman do use this as an excuse when it's really not going on.
I knew Jim and Darlene and both of them would give you the shirt off their back. The triplets have already lost their father, why is it so important to you that their mother is condemned as well?
I'm just curious what you're response would be if someone were firing a weapon at those you love?
Jordan

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 3, 2008
 
concerned friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew Jim and Darlene and both of them would give you the shirt off their back. The triplets have already lost their father, why is it so important to you that their mother is condemned as well?
I'm just curious what you're response would be if someone were firing a weapon at those you love?
Because the mother committed a crime...you wouldn't be saying the same thing had the father ran over the mother...

murder is murder and childbirth experience does not give you free rein with a deadly weapon.
a friend of the family

Alexandria, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jul 4, 2008
 
If a woman was shooting a gun at her husband and he was trying to run away with the kids and he ACCIDENTALY caught the woman under the car I would defend him as well. It isn't about being a man or a woman or civil rights or any of that. Its about what is right and wrong. It is wrong to shoot a gun at someone with the intent to kill or harm. It is wrong to beat your spouse. It is wrong to put your children in harms way. It is, however, right to defend yourself against someone trying to harm you or your children. Read up on some laws and see where Darlene stands in the legal system. It isn't about being a battered woman. It is about self defense. If she had been shot this blog would have been all about why she didn't drive away at any cost. People like you Jordan make it difficult for the truth to come out. Stop making judgements and just feel for the family and friends and the legal system that has to make sense of all this. Pray for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lebanon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebanon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••