TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon

There are 390 comments on the WZTV Top Stories story from Aug 26, 2013, titled TRW Automotive Workers Strike in Lebanon. In it, WZTV Top Stories reports that:

Stream our newscasts LIVE starting with TN Mornings at 5am and News at 9pm. LEBANON, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZTV Top Stories.

sure

Murfreesboro, TN

#164 Sep 7, 2013
Excuse me, are you trying to tell me your CEO's bachelor's degree cost bazillions of dollars, 30 years ago and are you saying he's still not paid his student loans?

That figures.

Look fool, you really don't even want to start with the "taxes are higher" bullshit because I can show you facts that will bury you in it over your eyeballs.

Take a look at his tax rate for this scary risky investment income above and beyond his over 12 million a year of "in the bag" vulgar over-compensation, lower than anyone else in the country and there is NO WORK involved.... just for starters.

Risky, yeah right, is he gonna go blow 17,000 an hour and if he gets fired be headed straight for skid row? Sure, be absurd.

One year of his salary and ANYONE should be set for life and so should their grandkids.

Nobody, you asshole, is saying management should make the same amount as those on the line, or that even in some cases an actual blue collar person or two may even make more than some managers...

HOWEVER..... even if your CEO had 35 Phd's from every IVY league college on the planet, he, nor you, will ever be worth 1000 times an hour that of any other human being breathing and I don't care who says otherwise.

You need not concern yourself with any sacrifices I've made or risks taken, you and I are not even from the same species and I'm very certain you'd never be able to comprehend.

I'm not a factory worker and what I have I worked for, earned myself and fought like you'll never know to keep it.

So big effing deal, you went to college, many of us did and managed to remain human enough after obtaining the lambskin to not suddenly become convince we're worth 40, 300, or 1000 times more than other human beings.

It's really interesting to study how when people start being paid absurd amounts of money, how surely and confident they become that not only are they entitled to such vulgar amounts, far above what anyone actually needs to have a FANTASTIC LIFE, but they should also be entitled to much more even if they'll never live long enough to actually enjoy or use a third of it.
bills to pay wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd venture to say from quite a bit of background info that upper managent has bills to pay too. Their taxes are higher. They've got student loans to pay back because that was the avenue they took to get into that upper management position you're scoffing at. They took risks to get into the position that currently hold. What risk did you take for your job? Do you think that those who have more responsibility, who took more risks, who've gained experience and moved their families in order to take a better paying position should be compensated at the same rate as employees straight out of high school who move right into the work force? I've got news for you...the kind of equality you all who want to "stick it to the man want" doesn't lead to an equally middle class population. It leads to communist regimes where the rich are even richer and the rest of us are all equally poor.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#165 Sep 7, 2013
Two years later, UAW local 2049 still on strike in Columbia City

By Megan Reust
Friday, July 12, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT

COLUMBIA CITY, Ind.(WANE)- For more than two years, UAW local 2049 workers from Coupled Products in Columbia City have been on strike. NewsChannel 15 first told you about it back in July of 2011.

The workers lost their jobs after the union voted down a contract that would have cut wages 33 percent and cut all their benefits.

http://www.wane.com/news/indiana/two-years-la...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#166 Sep 7, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Two years later, UAW local 2049 still on strike in Columbia City
By Megan Reust
Friday, July 12, 2013, 5:34 PM EDT
COLUMBIA CITY, Ind.(WANE)- For more than two years, UAW local 2049 workers from Coupled Products in Columbia City have been on strike. NewsChannel 15 first told you about it back in July of 2011.
The workers lost their jobs after the union voted down a contract that would have cut wages 33 percent and cut all their benefits.
http://www.wane.com/news/indiana/two-years-la...
another thing these were considered Economical Strikers too according to NLRB and why they lost their jobs.
trw worker with 3 kids

Lebanon, TN

#167 Sep 7, 2013
Not only do I have 3 kids to feed, but a house payment due this week. And you turd heads voted no today and I'm still without a paycheck. So me and some of my friends are crossing the line tomorrow so we can make a living for our family. You can stand on that picket line until hell freezes over for all I care.
trw worker

Lafayette, TN

#169 Sep 7, 2013
trw worker with 3 kids wrote:
Not only do I have 3 kids to feed, but a house payment due this week. And you turd heads voted no today and I'm still without a paycheck. So me and some of my friends are crossing the line tomorrow so we can make a living for our family. You can stand on that picket line until hell freezes over for all I care.
My family is in a similar situation and you are not alone. Please wait until the next vote. I have heard tonight that we will get another chance at the beginning of the week to vote on the same contract. I hope that others will start to understand that not everyone has more than one income. We shouldn't base how long we should stay out on the richest of us, but we should base it on the ones that are struggling. I hope our fellow union members start to realize just how serious this situation is.
trw worker in Lafayette

Urbana, IL

#171 Sep 7, 2013
i started at trw at the Lafayette Indiana plant a year ago and I started out making 11 an hour. after 1 year I now make 12.07 and we work 19 days straight. Everyone needs a job but i personally think everyone should get every other weekend off and not every 3rd weekend. More pay better insurance and better leadership and more weekends off is what I would want. I hope you guys hold out until you get what you want!!!
hold tight

Greenville, SC

#172 Sep 8, 2013
Its the new hires that made the vote no most of b workers voted yes
union strong

Knoxville, TN

#173 Sep 8, 2013
trw worker wrote:
<quoted text>
My family is in a similar situation and you are not alone. Please wait until the next vote. I have heard tonight that we will get another chance at the beginning of the week to vote on the same contract. I hope that others will start to understand that not everyone has more than one income. We shouldn't base how long we should stay out on the richest of us, but we should base it on the ones that are struggling. I hope our fellow union members start to realize just how serious this situation is.
You are on strike , I have been in your shoes making 22 hr was out 4 months with only 1 income and a 6 mo old baby 1100 house payment etc.... got a job making 11 hr made it , a bunch of weak people go in and union will be busted and no union in there you will be working for 10 hr within 5 yrs trust me. I know its tough but stay strong if you cross it will be tough on you forever.....do the right thing they r other options.....
TRW Lebanon TN

Cookeville, TN

#174 Sep 8, 2013
The union had to do, What they had to do, at the time. Times have now changed and TRW can now pay the Tier 2 people more money, if they just would.

The contract in 2008 was ratified in one of the worst economical times in our history. The union members only did what was best "at the time." And, during that same period, over 100 employees were laid off and it was uncertain if the plant would even survive. They had to take concessions or lose 'all' the jobs. It is sad that you are put in a position like the one they were put in.

Tier 2 do not expect to automatically climb up to $18.00 per hour from $11.00-$12.00 per hr. But, they could be given a better increase in pay, but the company WILL NOT budge on that point in the new negotiations.
They really appreciate their employees don't they?

Even though they are new hires, or Tier 2,(some being there over 2 yrs.,) doesn't mean they have less experience or less of a work ethic.
Some worked upwards of 15-20 years at other factories in the area that went out of business or had drastic reductions in their workforce and were then hired by TRW. TRW got some real experienced, hard working people and they don't appreciate it at all! They show that everyday!!
Simple Man wrote:
Well if they have a "Tier 2" employees it's because your previous contract allowed it. Sounds like your union screwed new people hired, not the company.
TRW Lebanon TN

Cookeville, TN

#175 Sep 8, 2013
Agree! It's tough out there! But stick tight!
I have heard there may be another chance to vote on the last proposal!
I am proud of how we have all stuck together and believe me I know what it is like to be without work or an income. It may get better soon!
Keep Faith!!
union strong wrote:
<quoted text>You are on strike , I have been in your shoes making 22 hr was out 4 months with only 1 income and a 6 mo old baby 1100 house payment etc.... got a job making 11 hr made it , a bunch of weak people go in and union will be busted and no union in there you will be working for 10 hr within 5 yrs trust me. I know its tough but stay strong if you cross it will be tough on you forever.....do the right thing they r other options.....
lucious larry

Mount Juliet, TN

#176 Sep 8, 2013
Y'all Jews should just go back to work I'm tired of looking at you when I drive by. At least take your shirts off so we can see some boobies out of the 2 women standing out there. The blonde is pretty hot
amazing

Murfreesboro, TN

#177 Sep 8, 2013
12 bucks an hour means many of those people qualify for the same welfare than nearly 75% of walmart workers do.

Are the people of Wilson County, or America, ever going to grow a spine and sack enough to DEMAND AND FORCE these super-wealthy and highly profitable corporations to foot the bill for the cost of these benefits to the class of working poor they create, exploit and clearly their profit margins prove benefit them?

No, you sorry retarded bastards will advise these people to get two or three more slave labor wage paying jobs and never even consider that the real welfare entitlements are actually going to the very profitable corporations' bottom lines.... while YOU actually pay for that too!

Does trw keep federal assistance applications in their break rooms like walmart yet?
TRW Lebanon TN wrote:
The union had to do, What they had to do, at the time. Times have now changed and TRW can now pay the Tier 2 people more money, if they just would.
The contract in 2008 was ratified in one of the worst economical times in our history. The union members only did what was best "at the time." And, during that same period, over 100 employees were laid off and it was uncertain if the plant would even survive. They had to take concessions or lose 'all' the jobs. It is sad that you are put in a position like the one they were put in.
Tier 2 do not expect to automatically climb up to $18.00 per hour from $11.00-$12.00 per hr. But, they could be given a better increase in pay, but the company WILL NOT budge on that point in the new negotiations.
They really appreciate their employees don't they?
Even though they are new hires, or Tier 2,(some being there over 2 yrs.,) doesn't mean they have less experience or less of a work ethic.
Some worked upwards of 15-20 years at other factories in the area that went out of business or had drastic reductions in their workforce and were then hired by TRW. TRW got some real experienced, hard working people and they don't appreciate it at all! They show that everyday!!
<quoted text>
Trw worker

Franklin, NC

#178 Sep 8, 2013
lucious larry wrote:
Y'all Jews should just go back to work I'm tired of looking at you when I drive by. At least take your shirts off so we can see some boobies out of the 2 women standing out there. The blonde is pretty hot
Disgusting, jerks like you need to be locked up . Hate to think you might be around children,
thank you

Powell, TN

#179 Sep 8, 2013
Trw worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Disgusting, jerks like you need to be locked up . Hate to think you might be around children,
thank you for standing up for these ladies.
amazing

Murfreesboro, TN

#180 Sep 8, 2013
Seriously, everyone should be able to make it on 12 bucks an hour, let's start with all our elected criminals so they'll really need all that money people like Mr Plant, the Waltons and TRW dole out to them.
really

Charlotte, NC

#181 Sep 8, 2013
amazing wrote:
Seriously, everyone should be able to make it on 12 bucks an hour, let's start with all our elected criminals so they'll really need all that money people like Mr Plant, the Waltons and TRW dole out to them.
$12/hour & paying $160/week for health insurance? that's about $240/week bring home.
union strong

Greenville, SC

#182 Sep 8, 2013
As bad as I hate to say it they are going to give in , uaw is scared I heard the union officals is going to bring it back again wed if y'all crash now you should have just voted the 1st one in. If yal go back your union will be no more they will bust you guys up. Then 5 yrs from now you all will no what its like to have your pay cut. They are not going to replace you this is there last cry don't believe them they are hurting in there.
amazing

Maryville, TN

#183 Sep 8, 2013
sarcastically stating the obvious is often wasted on the internet...

18 an hour these days may actually BARELY scratch out a person some miserable semblance of an actual living.

I'll be damned if I would get out of bed for such slave wages.
really wrote:
<quoted text>
$12/hour & paying $160/week for health insurance? that's about $240/week bring home.
trw worker

Lafayette, TN

#184 Sep 8, 2013
Everyone agrees that the new hires don't make enough however, If we don't vote this contract in, we are all going to be competing for $12 an hour jobs!! Have any of you actually looked at whats out there? People will start crossing soon (if we aren't locked out), because they have to to support their families, not because they want to. Then what will we have and what will we have fought for?
Yet another TRW worker

Terre Haute, IN

#185 Sep 8, 2013
Hang in there! The low life's that came from the Marshall plant want to come home. Guess they didn't know what real work is. They asked for more volunteers today, but don't think they will be getting very many. You are hurting them more than you know. And you have a lot of people pulling for you. Stay strong and God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot black guy at CVS (Jul '15) 6 hr Jolene 23
cheating husband (Jun '14) 12 hr Just me 5
Aleshia Hackler (May '15) 18 hr Jamie 25
Howard pyles aka gomer Mon Beware 2
who knows Tina Olson (Aug '12) Sun Mystery Mix 9
Sheila Brown Sun Wow 2
robert lindquist (Jan '12) Aug 20 Concerned 3

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance