im not a crook

United States

#77484 Apr 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
See if this can be answered: People who are on social security checks I know some of them draw a little over 500.00 monthly and apply for food stamps and get about 16.00 monthly and then I know this lady who is not quiet as old but over 62 draws 738.00 in social security and she receives 173.00 in food stamps. Why is there such a mess up with the difference amount. The younger lady owns her home and the others just pays rent.
I think there is a guideline where it depends on one's assets. It could be more than just owning your home.
A Little Info

Jonesborough, TN

#77489 Apr 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
See if this can be answered: People who are on social security checks I know some of them draw a little over 500.00 monthly and apply for food stamps and get about 16.00 monthly and then I know this lady who is not quiet as old but over 62 draws 738.00 in social security and she receives 173.00 in food stamps. Why is there such a mess up with the difference amount. The younger lady owns her home and the others just pays rent.
The amount you get from Social Security (not disability)is based on the amount you put in during your working career typically they use the highest 35 years of earnings.

Food stamp benefits are based on several factors.
Number of people in household that the beneficiary provides food for, monthly bills, certain assets, large savings accounts to name a few as well as TOTAL income before taxes. One may draw $500/month from SS but may also have other sources of income like relatives helping out, investment dividends, a pension, income from a deceased spouse's benefits, etc. that make the total monthly income higher the just $500.

A single working person must gross less than $1236.00 to qualify for benefits.
By the way $1236/month of income after tax is only about $1068 if you claim 1 dependent. Working 40 hours a week at minimum wage (7.25/hr) will give you a gross income of $1247 and a net of about $1077. DHS multiplies your weekly income by 4.3 to calculate your monthly.
iim not a crook

United States

#77490 Apr 28, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see it. What page? She has been called far worse than that. "Wasnt" needs an apostrophe ." Just saying.
Open your eyes. Btw, the you have an extra quotation mark after the word "apostrophe" that shouldn't have been there.Just saying.
tea party tea party | Yesterday SexySassySenior wrote: <quoted text> You're the ONE who made the Post, Dearie, it was YOU and nobody else! And now, you're trying to wiggle out of it! Either THINK before you Post or be Man enough to stand behind your own words! you must have fell out of the stupid tree and hit every limb on the way down....show me what post you are talking about you lying dumbass bitch.
I am not a crook

United States

#77491 Apr 28, 2013
I also corrected my handle so you can rest on pointing that out to me.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#77492 Apr 28, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break------God,, how supid are you people. The unions are a big part of todays problems. As far as I am concerned, they are not needed. Ask Nissan employees. Did wages go down. I think Not. I have been in business wince before Reagan and I don't remember lowering my payscale for employees. You stupid dem/lib wits.
Just like a "STUPID", SELFISH, SELF-CENTERED TEApublican... in your mind it's OK for you to call other People stupid, but you whine like a little Girl when somebody calls you stuoid, which is just exactly what you are! The Shoe fits, Idiot, so wear it!

Now, start your whining...we're all just dying to read it...NOT!

Location hidden

#77493 Apr 28, 2013
iim not a crook wrote:
<quoted text>
Open your eyes. Btw, the you have an extra quotation mark after the word "apostrophe" that shouldn't have been there.Just saying.
tea party tea party | Yesterday SexySassySenior wrote: <quoted text> You're the ONE who made the Post, Dearie, it was YOU and nobody else! And now, you're trying to wiggle out of it! Either THINK before you Post or be Man enough to stand behind your own words!
you must have fell out of the stupid tree and hit every limb on the way down....show me what post you are talking about you lying dumbass bitch.
You're a LIAR! The first paragraph is my Post and the Second Paragraph is somebody else's, "tea party tea party", I think....directed at me! Did you change your Name, to make this Post? Were you using the Name "tea party tea party"?

Location hidden

#77494 Apr 28, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see it. What page? She has been called far worse than that. "Wasnt" needs an apostrophe ." Just saying.
And you don't see anything wrong with that...is that what you're saying?
Vet, you are a disgusting Person and in no way, could be called a REAL Man, with any character or integrity, IMO!
You had me fooled, at one time, but definitely not anymore!
And I have a suspicion of who you REALLY are...(do you really live in Sevierville?)...and it is the very opposite of what you claim to be.
Would your first Name really be "Mike"???
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#77495 Apr 28, 2013
Scarlett Pimple wrote:
<quoted text>
Extra NP's mean higher expenses, more office staff means more expenses, more space, means more expenses, which equals LESS $$$ all around.
And when you add the required reporting, which means software, computers, and time expenditures, it's all expense.
Oh, and medicare will be REDUCING what they pay to doctors.
Only an idiot would see the ACA as a boon for doctors.
Hold that thought!
im not a crook

United States

#77496 Apr 28, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a LIAR! The first paragraph is my Post and the Second Paragraph is somebody else's, "tea party tea party", I think....directed at me! Did you change your Name, to make this Post? Were you using the Name "tea party tea party"?
Whoa. I was showing my lost to Vet. I previously said someone called you a b*tch and I thought it was strange he can point out spelling errors, but yet evidently didn't think anything of someone calling you a derogatory name. I just copied the post I was referring go. There's nothing wrong with debating, but I don't think It's necessary to call you such a name. Comprende?

Location hidden

#77497 Apr 28, 2013
I can't help but wonder, if Members of Congress didn't own Stock in Military Contractor Companies, would they still want perpetual War, that never ends?
----------
"Lawmakers: Syria Chemical Weapons Could Menace U.S."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-syria-chemica...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#77498 Apr 28, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I can't help but wonder, if Members of Congress didn't own Stock in Military Contractor Companies, would they still want perpetual War, that never ends?
----------
"Lawmakers: Syria Chemical Weapons Could Menace U.S."
Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/lawmakers-syria-chemica...
Makes me wonder how much money is enough for anyone?
spellcheck

United States

#77499 Apr 28, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hey OT. If we are into grammar, may I point out the error here, " who disagree, and I try to treat those folks who do with as much respect as they allow"? There should be no coma after disagree, the and covers it. I'm just saying.
Did you mean coma or "comma"? I love how you geezers try to teach others spelling and grammar and it turns out you suck just as bad. Quit being a grammar Nazi because it's not working for you.

Location hidden

#77500 Apr 28, 2013
SpySpy wrote:
<quoted text>Makes me wonder how much money is enough for anyone?
To those kind of People, there is NEVER enough!
I read a Study once that said Wealthy People are the most unhappy People in the World because they live in constant fear that either, they are going to lose all of their money or, that somebody is going to take it from them.
Just from the posts on here, I'd say that is definitely true , but it's not just the Wealthy, it's also the People who have a few extra dollars in the Bank that live in that same "fear-mode" and are just as unhappy because of it. They're really sad, pitiful People , but I find it impossible to feel sorry for them because it's a He*l of their own making, that they refuse to try to overcome, in the way they think.
spellcheck

United States

#77501 Apr 28, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I jsut said that. Your cognitive reasoning are almost nothing.
It's j-u-s-t. I wanted to help your spelling skills. You also should have used "is" instead of "are". Don't get mad. I'm just helping "Vet" do his job because he has been slipping lately (old age).

Location hidden

#77502 Apr 28, 2013
spellcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's j-u-s-t. I wanted to help your spelling skills. You also should have used "is" instead of "are". Don't get mad. I'm just helping "Vet" do his job because he has been slipping lately (old age).
LMAO! Yeah, I guess that "Vanderbilt" education is starting to wear off. BTW, did I ever tell you that I attended Harvard?...<sarcasm>...L OL!

Location hidden

#77503 Apr 28, 2013
im not a crook wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa. I was showing my lost to Vet. I previously said someone called you a b*tch and I thought it was strange he can point out spelling errors, but yet evidently didn't think anything of someone calling you a derogatory name. I just copied the post I was referring go. There's nothing wrong with debating, but I don't think It's necessary to call you such a name. Comprende?
Darling, you're confusing me...do you know that?:*)
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77506 Apr 28, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I will glorify him for you. Nixon normalized relations with the Chinese, and that terrified the Soviets enough that they began the massive arms buildup that eventually ended the Soviet Union.
He created the EPA, in response to rivers that caught fire as a result of unspeakable environmental degradation by corporations who put making money over what they left behind.
He proposed universal healthcare for ALL American citizens which was much more liberal than Obamacare is.
He INCREASED food stamps and public assistance programs and cut the defense budget...
Do you want more ? I can give you more....
I am not excusing the mess of Watergate, but when compared to a president trading arms to Iran in exchange for hostages and then diverting the cash from those arms to the Contras, in violation of the law, Nixon's sins pale in comparison.
There we go again,, "Greater than thou art" syndrome. Did not Nixon run against McGovern? I think it was George that proposed the very liberal health care law. They say all is far in love and war but giving Iran guns for hostages is a good thing. Diverting them to the Contras should still be in practice today. Protecting America and its citizens should be at the forefront of every president. Sadly it is not. Look at our borders. Try isolationism there. You again, a bleeding heart dem/lib comes to the aid of our poor with money and trinkets for their vote. That is the dem/lib wits agenda.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77507 Apr 28, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back
thanks
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77508 Apr 28, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to disagree with you but this "Dem/Lib has good insurance(that my Union bargained for) and I would not call myself wealthy.
Oh yeah, now when the ACA kicks in, these family practioners will be adding on extra NP's to handle the load, more office staff, more space ect. which equals more $$$ all around for every business.
The object of the post was, how many more hours do you want them to work. If they see 40-60 patients a day. But they are DR> and are supposed to see the sick. It is our RIGHT to see a DR.

I'll bet you have good insurance if the union has a hand in it. Probably costing someone a job because the company cannot pay for it or is it GM where the Gov give the Union about 60% and took the other % stock. leaving out those who had stock in the company on their own. I had good insurance as well until Obama Kicked in and went up about $4,000 per year. Guess I will just have to do without. and if I get sick or hurt pay the $750 dollar fine to get treated. Let you and the other so called wealthy dem/lib wits pay for it. NO I can not do that, it is against my nature. I will work and scrap and pay for it myself. Guess I am a conservative.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#77509 Apr 28, 2013
Curious wrote:
It is usually based upon you wealth (what you own)and income, number of people in the home, etc. Hint, The home and a car do not usually count against you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
adultery (MJPD) (Feb '14) 17 hr captain obvious 13
Strong Gas Smell 17 hr captain obvious 7
Jamie Sloan Sat Hisgirl1228 4
Mitchell Rolin? (Jun '14) Sat Deanna Swindle 13
watertown sewer charge Fri cdp1 1
Wilson County Sheriff Dept Dec 25 Anon 13
case of the missing Macon county men Dec 24 Haha 2
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web