Really Sassy

United States

#64497 Feb 1, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your service. As well as all my other fellow Vets on here. Sorry I had to shorten your quoted text but I ran out of characters to reply. All can still read your original. LOL

Putting aside the obvious battlefield conditions of differing medical issues from personal hygiene that often occur in battle, as well as the physical strength requirements, I will add the following.

I agree and I would also like to add that conditions with our current "enemy" are much different than in the past.

Most cultures, including ours, have always put women on a different level to be protected and cherished. This is not the case in the middle east where sharia law is dominant among the aggressors. They have no respect for women.
They do, however know our feelings on this and would certainly use it in their favor by, instead of just killing, targeting the women for capture and yes even public torture and degradation. Can you imagine seeing one(or some) of our fighting women stripped and tortured in public? Can you imagine what that will do to their comrades in arms? As far as that goes, can you imagine what it would start in this country as well. No one in a turban would be safe on the streets or in prison. What affect will this have, mentally, on the men who are serving? While it is true that a man who is ticked off can be brutal, a combat unit must be of the same mind and use the tactical advantage of the unit. Not doing so can endanger the entire unit and dramatically decrease its effectiveness. They know that a bunch of soldiers operating emotionally and independently will be easier to overcome and destroy.

I also agree with the effectiveness of a volunteer force over the draft but if it were to become necessary I still would want to keep women out of it for the above reasons. However, this being said, IF women want to use the equality argument, they should then have the responsibility of registering for the same draft. With equality and freedom comes responsibility. In the case of women wanting to be equal and go into battle alongside the men, then they should share the responsibility of registering for the draft and being called to service if that were necessary, just like the men who do not want to register or serve.

I personally think that no one WANTS women to register. I think it is being floated merely as a tool to discourage them from pressing for "equal rights to fight in combat on the front lines". There are plenty of roles more suitable for them and less dangerous for the unit.
I will agree you have valid reasoning for why you feel females don't belong on the front lines. However you are missing the one big issue here. Who are you to make the decision for anyone else when it comes to equal rights? You shouldn't have the right to decide what's best for me. That's my choice just as you have yours. Don't you agree with that?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#64498 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe that's because they know that we can't be spoon-fed propaganda and we'll just lap it up like we're starved for it without ever questioning any of it, like you Teapublicans do?
We check out information from whatever Source we can get it and then, think about it and come to our own decisions...something you Teapublicans seem to be unable to do! You know you do it, we know you do it, and the Republican Party Leaders know you do it! They lead you around like little stray Puppies and you never object to it!
If you weren't afraid of the truth,and if you were secure in what you claim to believe, you wouldn't object to whatever anybody put up because you could counter it, but you can't...so you do! it's all you know to do, try and stop anybody from expressing an opposing point of view. That's what your Party does and that's what you do, try to keep People from having a choice, to make their own decisions about which one is the best for the Country and for them. You should be called the "Mushroom Party" because you definitely are in the dark and full of chit and you want to keep everybody else that way, too!
And when you cannot come up with a valid argument, you resort to name-calling as above. You call everyone who does not hold your opinion "Teapublicans" You have also called us "idiots". That is just a couple of the names you have used. Regardless of what you may think you have seen. The term "Teapublicans" is not generally used in public. In fact you are the first and only person I have seen using it. And you ALWAYS use it in the context of an attempt degrade the opposition.

I cannot count the number of times that you have posted your "opinion" using the exact same talking point phrases that I hear repeatedly from every liberal on the radio. And you say are "stray puppies on a leash"?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64499 Feb 1, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Nuh, you have a very good opinion, about what goes on in war........with just men on both sides of you(watching your back). Now with the issue of adding women, that I beleive will add more problems, to all kinds of issues that men face during war.
Whenever men, even in a war zone have the chance to have sex with the locals they will. Now if we add females to protect our sides, that will cause internal damage(because she is just a piece of female meat to have sex with) to our fightning unit, and that will cause a crack in bonding that any fightning unit needs to stay alive.
I do apologize if I offended anyone about this issue.
You didn't offend me, Dunlapian, the truth from People who KNOW, on any subject, never offends me!
Believe it or not, I actually agree with the points that both of you have made. But, I would like to present something that occurred to me, for both of your opinions...do you think that some Men's protective Nature toward Women will distract them and cause additional problems? Will the Men take unnecessary risks in the heat of battle to help or save a Female that they might not do for a Man, thinking he wouldn't need the help as badly as a Woman does? Also, will the death of a Woman affect the Men worse than the death of a Male, that they're fighting along side? A guilt feeling , thinking that he should have protected her because she's a Female? I'm just wondering and I'd like to hear both of your views on these questions.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64500 Feb 1, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
you dem/lib don't like rush because he has such a following. You dem/lib do not have too many radio talk personalities except in gay San Fran.
Like him ??? Chuckles !! He provides me with a LOT of laughs.....many more once I began keeping track of how long it takes for some of the contributors on this thread to post his opinions as their own...some nearly word for word !
I admit that at my age it doesn't take much to amuse me and this is one of those things I have come to enjoy !!

As usual, you are wrong again !

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64501 Feb 1, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that. The press got it wrong. What a surprise.
Lessee. Did they get Sandy Hook wrong too? They DID, didn't they?
Maybe the problem in this country isn't the people. Perhaps it's the MainStream Media who report things wrong or to support their agenda, and when they're caught bury on page 22 below the Macy's Big sale ad.
We do have a problem with all this "Breaking News". ALL networks that cover them immediately bring in every "expert" they can find to make assumptions. This only confuses the facts, and since most Americans do not follow every "breaking News" story to its conclusion, and most networks drop it in the aftermath to only a mention, the public does not know what actually happened.

Location hidden

#64502 Feb 1, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Found this today while researching some Columbine details. It is based on a book called Columbine, and showed me how many things I "knew" were off-base.
Here are seven common myths about that tragic day:
Myth #1: The Columbine killers were social misfits who were bullied by their classmates.
Truth: Eric Harris was a lady’s man, a charmer who had a number of good friends at school. Dylan Klebold went to the prom the weekend before the shooting.
Both killers attended football games, dances, and school plays. Despite the media reports, neither of them were linked to the “Trench Coat Mafia.” Nor were they part of a street gang or known to dress in Gothic style.
Myth #2: The Columbine killers planned a shooting spree inside the school.
Truth: Columbine was a failed bombing. Eric and Dylan planted a bomb inside the cafeteria and then went outside to wait for it to explode. Their initial plan was to shoot students who tried to escape the building in the aftermath. Only once the bomb failed to ignite did they make their way inside to begin shooting students.
Myth #3: The Columbine killers targeted certain kinds of students.
Truth: Although initial news reports claimed the Columbine killers had targeted minorities, jocks, and Christians, the killing was indiscriminate. Their initial plan was to blow up hundreds of students in the cafeteria. When the bombs failed to go off, they killed students randomly. Interestingly enough, Eric’s friends described him as a sports enthusiast, and two of his best friends were Asian and African American.
Myth #4: The Columbine situation was a hostage standoff.
Truth: It is true that news reports initially treated the situation at Columbine as a hostage standoff, perhaps due to the fact that police officers did not enter the building until more than 40 minutes after the shooting began. But the Columbine killers never planned to hold hostages. Their goal was total destruction, not particular demands. It took three hours for the SWAT teams to find the killers (3:15 p.m.). They had been dead since 12:08, just forty-nine minutes after the attack began.
Myth #5. There were no warning signs that could have prevented the Columbine massacre.
Truth: Other parents had complained about Eric Harris, multiple times. Both Eric and Dylan had been arrested before. Thirteen months before the shooting, investigators discovered evidence that Eric was building pipe bombs. Dozens of pages of obscene threats on the internet were also documented. The sheriff’s department covered up the initial evidence that signaled the threat.
Myth #6: Cassie Bernall was martyred for her faith in God.
Truth: According to the eyewitness under the table with her, Cassie was shot when Eric poked his shotgun under the table and said,“Peekaboo.” The 911 tape verifies this testimony.
The martyr story arose from the testimony from another student in the library, Craig Scott (brother to victim, Rachel Scott), who recounted a conversation that took place across the room. Valeen Schnurr was the one who actually professed her faith in God, and this took place after she was shot. As she lay bleeding, she prayed,“Oh my God, don’t let me die.” Dylan turned around and asked her,“God? Do you believe in God?” Valeen said,“Yes, I believe in God.” When the killer asked why, she replied,“Because it’s how my parents raised me.”
Myth #7: Columbine students and teachers were able to communicate with each other via cell phones.
Truth: Though some students were able to call newscasters, the teachers and students hiding in the school were unable to communicate due to the ear-piercing fire alarm that blared for hours. The sprinkler system flooded the cafeteria, and the fire alarm and strobe lighting caused difficulty in communications with the SWAT team. Much of the terror and confusion that day was caused by the nerve-wracking alarm system that interfered with communication.
I'd like to know the Name of the Book and it's Author.
Really Sassy

United States

#64503 Feb 1, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>War is different than behind the keyboard philosophy.

If you disagree, fine, go get in one.
You Sir, don't need to get nasty just because I questioned your weak reasoning. The guy with the black hat had legitimate reasons for his beliefs and many of which I may agree with but to say that because men can't control their sexual urges is a legitimate reason is pure ignorance on your part. So yes I disagree and no I want be doing any such thing but I'd certainly pave the way to send your backward ass.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64504 Feb 1, 2013
I am still following the story in Midland City, Alabama where a NUT killed a School Bus Driver and is till holding a 5 year old special needs(autistic) boy hostage in an underground bunker.

His neighbors knew he was not right and watched him build this bunker.

He was supposed to be in court Wednesday morning for "menacing" charges. Instead he took this boy hostage because the "cops were going to come for him".

Neighbors say he has been known to stay in this bunker for as many as 8 days in the past. They have reported that he has fired shots above cars that were tearing up his self-made speed bump on the dirt road and he killed a neighbors dog with a lead pipe for coming onto his property.

A lot of red flags here.
Really Sassy

United States

#64505 Feb 1, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>We do have a problem with all this "Breaking News". ALL networks that cover them immediately bring in every "expert" they can find to make assumptions. This only confuses the facts, and since most Americans do not follow every "breaking News" story to its conclusion, and most networks drop it in the aftermath to only a mention, the public does not know what actually happened.
As an American citizen rather than listening to half truths and misleading details one should educate themselves on the facts from several sources before letting the heart take over and running into the streets demanding freedoms be taken away.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64506 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You Sir, don't need to get nasty just because I questioned your weak reasoning. The guy with the black hat had legitimate reasons for his beliefs and many of which I may agree with but to say that because men can't control their sexual urges is a legitimate reason is pure ignorance on your part. So yes I disagree and no I want be doing any such thing but I'd certainly pave the way to send your backward ass.
Spout off and act all tough - but when it comes right down to it...NO, you won't volunteer to fight and possibly die - but you will offer your opinon on something that you have absolutely no first hand knowledge about.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64507 Feb 1, 2013
And we wonder why people have little faith in our legal system.

Ohio man attacks ex-girlfriend in courtroom while she was trying to get restraining order. No judge, no bailiff in the in the courtroom. The Sheriff blames budget restrictions for not allowing for an officer in every courtroom. Go figure.

http://www.ksat.com/news/Caught-on-camera-Man...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

#64508 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to know the Name of the Book and it's Author.
How do you review a book like Columbine? It’s hard to say,“I enjoyed the book.” After all, it’s one of the most frightening, tragic, disturbing books I’ve read in a long time. And yet, it is so meticulous in its research and so compelling in its presentation that one can’t help but admire how well the author, Dave Cullen, told the story.

I thought I knew the basic facts about the deadly shooting at Columbine High School in 1999. I was wrong.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#64509 Feb 1, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
War is different than behind the keyboard philosophy.
If you disagree, fine, go get in one.
Thank-you Nuh, I almost responded to that post.

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64510 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
As an American citizen rather than listening to half truths and misleading details one should educate themselves on the facts from several sources before letting the heart take over and running into the streets demanding freedoms be taken away.
Unfortunately, they do not. That is a lot of the problem. One neighbor said he just thought the guy was strange.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64511 Feb 1, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Myth #1: The Columbine killers were social misfits who were bullied by their classmates.
Truth: Eric Harris was a lady’s man, a charmer who had a number of good friends at school. Dylan Klebold went to the prom the weekend before the shooting.
Both killers attended football games, dances, and school plays. Despite the media reports, neither of them were linked to the “Trench Coat Mafia.” Nor were they part of a street gang or known to dress in Gothic style.
Myth #2: The Columbine killers planned a shooting spree inside the school.
Truth: Columbine was a failed bombing. Eric and Dylan planted a bomb inside the cafeteria and then went outside to wait for it to explode. Their initial plan was to shoot students who tried to escape the building in the aftermath. Only once the bomb failed to ignite did they make their way inside to begin shooting students.
Myth #3: The Columbine killers targeted certain kinds of students.
Truth: Although initial news reports claimed the Columbine killers had targeted minorities, jocks, and Christians, the killing was indiscriminate. Their initial plan was to blow up hundreds of students in the cafeteria. When the bombs failed to go off, they killed students randomly. Interestingly enough, Eric’s friends described him as a sports enthusiast, and two of his best friends were Asian and African American.
Myth #4: The Columbine situation was a hostage standoff.
Truth: It is true that news reports initially treated the situation at Columbine as a hostage standoff, perhaps due to the fact that police officers did not enter the building until more than 40 minutes after the shooting began. But the Columbine killers never planned to hold hostages. Their goal was total destruction, not particular demands. It took three hours for the SWAT teams to find the killers (3:15 p.m.). They had been dead since 12:08, just forty-nine minutes after the attack began.
Myth #5. There were no warning signs that could have prevented the Columbine massacre.
Truth: Other parents had complained about Eric Harris, multiple times. Both Eric and Dylan had been arrested before. Thirteen months before the shooting, investigators discovered evidence that Eric was building pipe bombs. Dozens of pages of obscene threats on the internet were also documented. The sheriff’s department covered up the initial evidence that signaled the threat.
Myth #6: Cassie Bernall was martyred for her faith in God.
Truth: According to the eyewitness under the table with her, Cassie was shot when Eric poked his shotgun under the table and said,“Peekaboo.” The 911 tape verifies this testimony.
The martyr story arose from the testimony from another student in the library, Craig Scott (brother to victim, Rachel Scott), who recounted a conversation that took place across the room. Valeen Schnurr was the one who actually professed her faith in God, and this took place after she was shot. As she lay bleeding, she prayed,“Oh my God, don’t let me die.” Dylan turned around and asked her,“God? Do you believe in God?” Valeen said,“Yes, I believe in God.” When the killer asked why, she replied,“Because it’s how my parents raised me.”
I read this too, and it makes me wonder what other news stories, widely reported, were false.
Just another good reason NOT to believe everything, simply because it was on the "news", and another good reason to access as many reports from as many sources as possible.....unfortunately, a lot of news organizations have trimmed staff reporters and news bureaus in an attempt to increase profits... this adds to the probability of a lot of them getting "news" wrong.

Well, guys, I have enjoyed it but duty calls ! Have a great day all.
Judgement Day

Martin, TN

#64512 Feb 1, 2013
IFyou all took as much time trying to **help the things u can actually do something about** like??helping kids,local schools,charitys,ECT,ECT,YOU would be amazing people and WOULD actually make a difference.what a mess
Really Sassy

United States

#64513 Feb 1, 2013
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>Spout off and act all tough - but when it comes right down to it...NO, you won't volunteer to fight and possibly die - but you will offer your opinon on something that you have absolutely no first hand knowledge about.
And you are any different how?

“IMNTBHO”

Location hidden

#64514 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I will agree you have valid reasoning for why you feel females don't belong on the front lines. However you are missing the one big issue here. Who are you to make the decision for anyone else when it comes to equal rights? You shouldn't have the right to decide what's best for me. That's my choice just as you have yours. Don't you agree with that?
I am not making that decision. That decision was made long ago by a group of women. The feminist movement wants equal rights for ALL women not for only those who want it.

I like the way Jerry Clower phrased it in one of his routines about the feminists. In speaking of his wife he said" Mama don't want you messin' with the deal that she's got." LOL
Really Sassy

United States

#64515 Feb 1, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe that's because they know that we can't be spoon-fed propaganda and we'll just lap it up like we're starved for it without ever questioning any of it, like you Teapublicans do?
We check out information from whatever Source we can get it and then, think about it and come to our own decisions...something you Teapublicans seem to be unable to do! You know you do it, we know you do it, and the Republican Party Leaders know you do it! They lead you around like little stray Puppies and you never object to it!
If you weren't afraid of the truth,and if you were secure in what you claim to believe, you wouldn't object to whatever anybody put up because you could counter it, but you can't...so you do! it's all you know to do, try and stop anybody from expressing an opposing point of view. That's what your Party does and that's what you do, try to keep People from having a choice, to make their own decisions about which one is the best for the Country and for them. You should be called the "Mushroom Party" because you definitely are in the dark and full of chit and you want to keep everybody else that way, too!
Just shut your mouth. You always resort to those same old worn out names. Everyone already knows what you are gonna post before you even do it. Scoot your old ass over and allow the younger adults to talk.

Location hidden

#64516 Feb 1, 2013
I had heard a lot of compliments on the fairness of Al Jazeera'a reporting from World-wide News Organizations and Reporters, even American Reporters. In fact, they cite Al Jazeera for some of their Reports on the Middle East and in recent years, Al Jazeera seemed to have alot of respect in the Journalism Community, world-wide. so, I Googled it and didn't see any criticism Links, but I did find this. If it is constant Livestream, then any of you that are interested, can click on this Link , watch it , and decide for yourself what you think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam Parrish barely scrapes by keeping his job 5 hr Little red riding... 3
Find this person 6 hr Ted 8
david wayne comer (May '12) Tue xainix 4
beautiful young woman that rear ended me sunday Tue Max 2
Man Says He Was Hit Repeatedly With Axe Handle;... Mon Exec 4
beautiful light skin beauty at l&w Mon Sheryl 8
Cherokee dock drive Oct 19 Realty 1
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match

Lebanon Jobs