Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64325 Jan 31, 2013
Nuh wrote:
Feinstein's Gun BAN bill...
"...if the plan by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., is made law,“any semiautomatic firearm with uses a magazine – handgun, rifle or shotgun – equipped with a ‘pistol grip,’ would be banned.”
“That sounds like a limitation, but it is not. A pistol grip (on page 2) is defined (on page 13) as ‘a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.’”
“In other words, the gun list does not matter. It is a smokescreen designed to distract people from the true meaning of the bill. And it has done a magnificent job. It worked! Any semi-automatic firearm that exists, with anything on it you can grip, is banned.
“The list is meaningless tripe. It is camouflage for the real purpose of the bill. When the president said he is not going to take away your guns, well, Feinstein’s bill puts the lie to that. Magazine size does not matter. Brand name does not matter. It doesn’t matter if it’s black. If you can grip it, it’s banned under this bill.”
The bill, in fact, states,“‘Pistol grip’ means … any … characteristic that can function as a grip.”
http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/feinsteins-plan-ba...
I have a muzzle loader that has a pistol (thumbhole)grip. It too would be on the ban list. NOt take our guns away huh???????

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#64326 Jan 31, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
nope,, its hard when it so obvious. your about as bad a RS
Oh, we can't even compare to you! You're in a League all of your own!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64327 Jan 31, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
No more stones ? except that one ??? Chuckles !!

There are some things that are obvious to me as well, but I would not lower myself to your level just to articulate them.

Location hidden

#64328 Jan 31, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing.
No I didn't read your post because I akready knew the difference.I looked it up and gave you the Google terms "The Difference between a Democracy and a Republic"
I wrote out that definition because you say that anyone that does not go along with you is a tea idiot or just down right stupid.
And I for one am tired of it.You are not Miss Know It All.
Tea Idiot??? Hmmm...well, I've never called anybody a "tea Idiot", but since you did, I'll have to agree with you, it suits you perfectly!

Location hidden

#64329 Jan 31, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a muzzle loader that has a pistol (thumbhole)grip. It too would be on the ban list. NOt take our guns away huh???????
She doesn't even have the votes to bring her Bill to the floor for a vote, from her own Party.
Can you get any more ridiculously hysterical for no valid reason???I'll bet you can, without even working up a sweat!
Look out for that mext boogie man around the corner, he's gonna getcha! BOO!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64330 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, we can't even compare to you! You're in a League all of your own!
Thank You! Thought I was slipping
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

#64331 Jan 31, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> No more stones ? except that one ??? Chuckles !!
There are some things that are obvious to me as well, but I would not lower myself to your level just to articulate them.
Keep that thought now!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64332 Jan 31, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>So yes, during this "Formal Hearing", Mr. Heslin had the floor and no one else, so when others jumped in to express their 2nd Amendment rights, YES he was heckled.
Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>I agree heckling this man would be despicable. If it acutally happened.
If you watch the video presented by MSNBC, and other outlets, it does indeed appear that he's being heckled. But just like the George Zimmerman 911 call that was edited by NBC to make it look like he was a racist, they once again edited the tape to make it look like this gentleman was being heckled.

In fact, this man asked a question,“I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question … why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips.[Pause, waiting for response.] Not one person can answer that question.”
After a respectful pause of at least 10 seconds, which if you watch the tape seemed like a long time, the audience members said: Second Amendment shall not be infringed”
Public official:“Please no comments while Mr. Heslin is speaking. Or we’ll clear the room. Mr. Heslin please continue.”
There was no heckling, these people were answering a direct question, and were very respectful.
The only thing I can think of more despicable than heckling this man who lost his young son, would be the "press" reporting heckling that didn't happen, and editing tape to use as proof.
This is the actual, unedited version. It is not easy to listen to the whole thing because this man is indeed going through hell personified, but the alleged heckling starts at 15:10 into the 17 minute tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Regarding your rules of a "Formal Hearing", here’s the transcript. Mr. Heslin:“I ask if there’s anybody in this room that can give me one reason or challenge this question … why anybody in this room needs to have one of these assault-style weapons or military weapons or high-capacity clips.”

This was followed by a long pause and the room was totally silent. If the “heckling” had occurred at that point, I would join you in your assertion that he was heckled. But, after listening to this man’s testimony, no respectful person would have dared say anything, and they didn’t.

However, Mr. Heslin used that silence to justify his point with his next sentence,“Not one person can answer that question.” That effectively opened the floor for someone to answer.

And even then, there was STILL a long pause before someone finally spoke up, and it was not a prolonged answer. Heckling as performed by organizations like Code Pink goes on incessantly, until the heckler has to be removed from the room. That was not the case here. Several people spoke at the same time, but they answered the question and shut up.

This is heckling:

We can argue all day about whether or not this man was heckled, and I understand that there is nothing I can do or say that will convince you that you are wrong, but the most important part of this heckling discussion was MSNBC's doctoring of the tape.

Is their behavior acceptable to you? Or do you also maintain that they didn't really do it?

Location hidden

#64333 Jan 31, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> No more stones ? except that one ??? Chuckles !!
Now Folks, this is "Class"...
----------
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is "NO CLASS...

See the difference!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64334 Jan 31, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> By that measure, an unscrupulous person could get elected County Sheriff, and protect people who break Federal Law in his/her jurisdiction by refusing access to them by Federal Agents..... yeah right...
Just think, a group of little kingdoms. Want to make moonshine and not run afoul of the feds....move to Sodden County Tn.
Don't like the Federal Income Tax, move to Have More Money County North Dakota....
Want to open a gun store without a FFL ? Move to Cheap Guns County Arkansas !
It is standard practice for Federal Agents to notify local law enforcement that they are operating in the County, but that notification is not to get permission, simply to avoid confusion.
If y'all were right, why did a lot of folks blame the Feds for Waco and Ruby Ridge, when it was all the local sheriff's fault ?
BTW, I did the Google search you recommended, and after reading a lot... of nothing, I found no underlying law in any of the sites I opened to support the notion that the Feds can't enforce Federal Law unless they get a local sheriff's permision.
Does your Wonder Guy's NDAA maybe need these Sheriffs who are willing to not let your goons come and disappear their citizens.I guess you been watching one of your 6 corporate owned news sources who get their news from Rueters or the Ass.Press Owned by none other then wonder guys ruler Mr.Rothschild himself.
Is is standard practice now to to make Americans vanish.I forgot your President signed that one in while everyone believed he would not cause he said so.

Location hidden

#64335 Jan 31, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank You! Thought I was slipping
I knew that you would think that was a compliment! LMAO!

Location hidden

#64336 Jan 31, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your Wonder Guy's NDAA maybe need these Sheriffs who are willing to not let your goons come and disappear their citizens.I guess you been watching one of your 6 corporate owned news sources who get their news from Rueters or the Ass.Press Owned by none other then wonder guys ruler Mr.Rothschild himself.
Is is standard practice now to to make Americans vanish.I forgot your President signed that one in while everyone believed he would not cause he said so.
Reuters actually leans Right, but you wouldn't know that since "News Articles" are something you avoid like the plague. You might actually learn something and Heaven Forbid that you should actually contaminate your Mind with...INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE! UGH, I'll bet you've actually broken out in a cold sweat at the mere thought of that happening!
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64337 Jan 31, 2013
Nuh wrote:
After so much "success", I mean with more than 12 million people in the U.S. still out of work....
Obama's Jobs Council Shutting Down.
WOW! Job well done! When your own creation can't facilitate the government creating jobs (which it can't anyway)...lay them off too!
http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/...
Another measure of success:

Last week, initial claims for state unemployment benefits increased 38,000 to 368,000, the Labor Department said on Thursday.

BUT!

"The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits last week stayed in a range consistent with job growth"

Now, an inquiring mind might say WTF?. More people are out of work, and that's indicative of job growth? But our fantastic and ridiculously high cost public education system has eliminated inquiring minds.

Seriously, if you were taught that 2+2=5 got you a gold star, why would you question something like more people on unemployment means job growth?

Sheesh, the next thing we'll hear is that last quarter's contraction of the economy is an indicator of a positive economic outlook.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100422956
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64338 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, you're just conniving and sneaky enough not to get caught, is my guess!
If I valued sneaky and conniving I would have voted for Your President like you did,However in good conscience I could not vote this time around.

Location hidden

#64339 Jan 31, 2013
I've got to go, Folks, I can only take such ignorance in small doses! I can already feel my Brain starting to rot, just like theirs already has, from lack of use!
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64340 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Reuters actually leans Right, but you wouldn't know that since "News Articles" are something you avoid like the plague. You might actually learn something and Heaven Forbid that you should actually contaminate your Mind with...INFORMATION and KNOWLEDGE! UGH, I'll bet you've actually broken out in a cold sweat at the mere thought of that happening!
I repeat.MSM are owned by 6 corporations which basically get their news from Reuters and Ass.Press which is owned by Mr Rothschild.News y'all can believe in.
You want to believe what they want you to know?Oh that's right you voted for Mr."Lies we can believe in" so I guess so.
ouch

Martin, TN

#64341 Jan 31, 2013
By.....Don't let the door hit u on the way out..
Hey

Manchester, TN

#64342 Jan 31, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
I've got to go, Folks, I can only take such ignorance in small doses! I can already feel my Brain starting to rot, just like theirs already has, from lack of use!
Yes.Topix needs a vomit button.\
You really believe when you say something it makes it so.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

#64343 Jan 31, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted several times on this thread that I am opposed to some of the NDAA provisions.
I think it was your wonder guy's "Patriot Act" that took away a bunch of our civil liberties as well...how many times did you vote for him ? Or are you one of those Republicans that voted for him twice and then vehemently denied it.
I have no lie to tell you I voted for Obama, not because I particularly liked him. He acted too much like a Republican to me. I wanted a liberal populist. BUT at least Obama had the brainpower to realize that this country was in the 21st century, not mired in the 19th.
Nullification was already tried in the United States, but those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it as the old quote goes...so go ahead and encourage your County Sheriff to try it ! If he does...I would suggest, once he gets to prison, someone give him a dose or two of one of those prescriptions you frequently post about, because he has some SERIOUS mental issues.
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#64344 Jan 31, 2013
Homeland Security, the new nanny of the nanny state, who last week offered advice on shoveling snow, has issued this week's advice for confronting mass murderers: scissors.

Yup, that's right. When confronted by a raving maniac armed with an AR-15, grab your scissors and attack!

"That’s some of the helpful advice in a new instructional video from the Department of Homeland Security that was posted on the agency’s Web site just a month after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut."

"The video, titled “Options for Consideration,” also advises that people who get caught in an “active shooter” situation should run away, hide under a desk or take cover out of the line of fire."

I guess the folks in your ever growing government have figured out that, being the product of a failed public education system, you are too stupid to figure this stuff out yourself. They may be right, considering the re-election of Obama.

The video includes footage of office workers scampering under desks, crouching in corners and racing into closets to hide from a rampaging gunman on the loose.

“To protect your hiding place, lock the door if you can."

Hey, most closets can be locked from the inside.

And we all know that raving lunatics are too stupid to figure out how to unlock a closet from the outside. They're too busy changing those 7 bullet magazines.

"Other survival strategies promoted in the video include hiding “behind large items such as cabinets or desks."

Yeah. Particle board does a real good job at stopping close range bullets.

"Remain quiet. Silence your cellphone or pager. Even the vibration setting can give away a hiding position.”

Not mentioned is the commotion caused by fumbling with the phone. The mass murderer probably can't hear that noise over the noise of shooting.

Your Federal government - hard at work for you.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/shear_b...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wilson County Sheriff Dept 3 hr Anon 13
Strong Gas Smell 4 hr Anon 5
case of the missing Macon county men Wed Haha 2
rosekay arnold Dec 23 From here 15
HARTSVILLE Nursing Home Dec 21 Turnipseed 5
Watertown Music Thread (Apr '12) Dec 21 Musikologist 14
Rappers of Lebanon Dec 21 bodangle 21
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web