Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea and it's been made clear where God stands in the current Administration.
Where is that pray tell?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
What?!?! A governor actually wanting to return the people's money to those who earned it? Plus, a Republican governor wanting to utilize money already set aside for infrastructure???
Texas Governor Rick Perry on Tuesday called for returning excess tax money to taxpayers and tapping the state's rainy-day fund for water and transportation infrastructure.
Perry, 62, the longest-serving governor in the nation at just over 12 years, touted the success of Texas in creating jobs and luring companies to the state.
The Republican called for changing the constitution of the state, the nation's second most populous, to allow the return of tax money to the people who paid it when the state brings in more than needed.
"We've never bought into the notion that if you collect more, you need to spend more," Perry said
"Bully" for him---oops thats another past President, a good one too.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
NDAA Nullification: Tennessee Bills Propose Kidnapping Charges for Federal Agents
State and local resistance to the detention provisions contained in the National Defense Authorization Act continues to grow, rapidly emerging as a nationwide movement.
The Tennessee legislature will consider HB1629 and SB2669 in the 2012 session. The legislation would effectively nullify the detention provisions in the NDAA and would also require federal agents making an arrest in the Volunteer State for any reason to first obtain written permission from the county sheriff.
This bill declares that any federal law purporting to require local or state law enforcement agencies to act at the direction of the federal government or the United States military is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution, is not recognized by this state, is specifically rejected by this state and is declared to be invalid in this state. This bill further declares that any federal law purporting to give federal agents or employees, including any members of the United States military, the authority of any state or local law enforcement agency of this state, without the express permission of this state, is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution, is not recognized by this state, is specifically rejected by this state, and is declared to be invalid in this state.
The act takes aim at indefinite detention provisions in the NDAA. Tenth Amendment Center communications director Mike Maharrey called language in the NDAA vague and overbroad, pointing out that Americans should never simply trust in the good intentions and moral clarity of the president or federal judges to protect their rights.
The Tennessee bill also “makes it a Class E felony for any official, agent, or employee of the United States government to enforce or attempt to enforce any federal law, order, rule or regulation that is beyond the authority granted to the federal government pursuant to the United States Constitution,” and includes provisions for kidnapping charges if a federal agent were to detain a U.S. citizen in Tennessee under the NDAA.
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/02/05/ndaa-n...
States rights supersede that of the fed gov in this area. Makes me feel better but hey, they the feds could just come in kill you and say oops, made a mistake.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
`
well said
Say nothing of my religion. It is known to my god and myself alone.
-- Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to John Adams, 11 January 1817, in Lester Cappon, ed. The Adams-Jefferson Letters,(1959) p. 506, quoted from Jeremy Koselak, "The Exaltation of a Reasonable Deity: Thomas Jefferson’s Critique of Christianity"

I am of a sect by myself, as far as I know.
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Ezra Stiles Ely (June 25, 1819), quoted from Dickinson W Adams, ed, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Second Series (Princeton University Press, 1983; note that attributions saying "Ezra Stiles, president of Yale University (June 25, 1819)" are incorrect, as that Ezra Stiles died in 1795)

Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson, considering three different explanations for why sea shells would be found at higher elevations than one should reasonably expect an ocean to have existed, in Notes on the State of Virginia

What all agree upon is probably right; what no two agree in most probably is wrong.
-- Thomas Jefferson, Jefferson's Axiom, in a letter to John Adams, 11 January 1817, quoted from Lester Cappon, ed. The Adams-Jefferson Letters (1959) p. 445
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
If you long to live somewhere that homosexuality is actually illegal, perhaps you should move to those more moral countries like Iran or Uganda.
Thats exactly what I was starting to ell you. If you long for so much liberalism, no guns, etc,.. Seek out Europe and move there. I am sure they would love to have your radical views.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah...
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal: GOP must stop being ‘stupid party’
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-01-24...
“We’ve got to stop being the stupid party. It’s time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults,” he said.“We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I’m here to say we’ve had enough of that.”
I do believe he's got it
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely you still believe in the sun do RA?????????? lol
Let me rephrase that

Surely you still don't believe in the sun god RA??????????lol
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me rephrase that
Surely you still don't believe in the sun god RA??????????lol
You don't?

RA
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't?
RA
touche'
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
Honestly, you are extremely dishonest because you did NOT watch the GOP Candidates and all of us who did, know that you are the One Lying about it!
OT is telling the truth and you would know that, if you weren't lying!
I'll bet that you never watched any of the Debates!
Futhermore , I'll bet that you didn't watch them because you couldn't care less about choosing the right candidate or about where they stand on the issues, because you vote the Party, not the Candidate, regardless of who the Republican is that wins the Nomination! If you even vote, then if he's a Republican, he's got your vote, regardless!
Well, I never thought you could top some of the hypocrisy in your more than 1000 previous posts, but this one stunned even me with the insane hypocrisy you have exhibited. The above statement comes from a person who has proven she believes that if you are liberal, you are a good American. If you are anything but Liberal, you are an idiotic, evil demon that must be obliterated. That person is YOU. And you have the nerve to attack someone for alleged affiliation to a political party? When you attack, you attack Republicans and what you call "Teapublicans." In short, you attack the entire party without focusing on one member of the party. Why on earth would you attack someone for doing the exact same thing you do, but in favor of the party instead of against it? The answer is simple - because you universally attack any organization or individual who you think is opposed to your opinion. Then you go search the internet for any article, whether reputable or not, that agrees with you and you post the link to it while completely ignoring tons of articles, blogs, and editorials that counter your argument. You watching the Republican primary debates ready to pounce on every word any of them say is not the same thing as evaluating them. Evaluation involves considering what you think is good and bad. Blaspheming is bashing them for whatever they say. If you are as intelligent as you say you are, you would know this difference.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I have God as my moral compass!
Dunlapian, we disagree on some things, but there is also a lot we do agree on, and this is one of them.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Since your a dem/lib I will explain one more time. you and all the other dem/lib want to ban a weapon that had already been banned for 10 years with no effect. Now you want to do it again. Answer this hypothetical question. If the gun ban does not work this time and another killing of people becomes reality, do you dem/lib want us gun owners to turn in our weapons like Britian did in the '90s. Is this the next step. Please FIX the problem, tell your wimpy congressmen and senator to uphold the gun laws already on the books. I can almost bet you will evade the hypo question.. You dem.libs are good at it.
When you put up the statistics of how many Mass Killings were committed during the Assault Weapons Ban and how many People were killed during the same, VS the amount, of the shorter period of time, of the same that it has been expired...you're right! I won't answer your Hypothetical argument. Get your Facts and post them, then we'll talk!
Also, post the Gun Laws that aren't being inforced concerning Assault and again, we'll talk...and stick to the Issue of Assault Weapons and High-Count Magazines because that is what the ISSUE is and that is what the new Gun Control Proposals are about!
Do alittle homework , if you're going to arguing an Issue , instead of "parroting" the NRA and Fox Fake News! You'd already be one-Step ahead, if you would read the Links that I post...or even read the Headline to them because I posted one , concerning those very Statistics, yesterday!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

People, allow me to explain something to you LOUD AND CLEAR...in spite of the Propaganda BS that you've been told and believe....THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LAWS ALWAYS TRUMP THE A STATE'S GOVERNMENT LAWS..ALWAYS!
The Federal Government doesn't always play that trump card and exercise that Superiority...it picks and chooses it's "Fights". But, when "push comes to shove", the Federal Laws always win because they are the Laws for the NATION, as a whole, and every State is a part of this Nation and is governed by the "Law of the Land", no matter what differing State Laws they may make to the contrary...Period!
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
People, allow me to explain something to you LOUD AND CLEAR...in spite of the Propaganda BS that you've been told and believe....THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LAWS ALWAYS TRUMP THE A STATE'S GOVERNMENT LAWS..ALWAYS!
The Federal Government doesn't always play that trump card and exercise that Superiority...it picks and chooses it's "Fights". But, when "push comes to shove", the Federal Laws always win because they are the Laws for the NATION, as a whole, and every State is a part of this Nation and is governed by the "Law of the Land", no matter what differing State Laws they may make to the contrary...Period!
Hey Girl it's me "Little Dick".
The County Sheriff has authority in his jurisdiction over Federal Agents.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
When you put up the statistics of how many Mass Killings were committed during the Assault Weapons Ban and how many People were killed during the same, VS the amount, of the shorter period of time, of the same that it has been expired...you're right! I won't answer your Hypothetical argument. Get your Facts and post them, then we'll talk!
Also, post the Gun Laws that aren't being inforced concerning Assault and again, we'll talk...and stick to the Issue of Assault Weapons and High-Count Magazines because that is what the ISSUE is and that is what the new Gun Control Proposals are about!
Do alittle homework , if you're going to arguing an Issue , instead of "parroting" the NRA and Fox Fake News! You'd already be one-Step ahead, if you would read the Links that I post...or even read the Headline to them because I posted one , concerning those very Statistics, yesterday!
You mean like the link you posted for the "hecklers"?

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
I have a very good example of how you are wrong there. Speed limits. Even when the Federal speed limit was 55 back in the 70's, there were some states that did not follow it. The only way the feds got most states to adopt it was to withhold highway tax dollars and some states decided to forgo the highway funding and set the speed limit where they wanted it. This is only one area of many that falls under the separation of powers in the Constitution.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
BTW Hear is a more recent example. Marijuana possession is a FEDERAL offense, Yet, just this past election 2 states, Colorado and Washington legalized recreational marijuana use. Now tell us again how "THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LAWS ALWAYS TRUMP THE A STATE'S GOVERNMENT LAWS..ALWAYS!"

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Here*

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Girl it's me "Little Dick".
The County Sheriff has authority in his jurisdiction over Federal Agents.
I can even remember a time when the County Sheriff in a Kansas county was so upset with the Police Chief in one of the cities in his county that he pulled all of their permits for guns, lights and sirens. It didn't last long but we all had a good laugh over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Lebanon Forum right now

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
dr. joyce a. brown smyrna, tn (Jun '12) 2 hr Duke Nukem 11
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr Zeke 8,941
UFO's spotted 14 hr UFO Observer 17
Real estate 15 hr TopDollar 5
Lebanon Secret Orgy Club Wed ItsaSecret 1
Moss announces campaign for Wilson court clerk Tue Blue devils 12
Cracker Barrel Co. SAD DAY Mon dr_loose 7
•••
•••