Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63800 Jan 27, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Maam, everyone on here has a computer that is connected to the internet. Everyone on here also has a search engine they can use to search the internet. Everyone on here has the means at their disposal to search the internet for articles and news they are interested in. No one needs you to clutter up this thread and take up a whole lot of space with links you think people should be interested in. Posters on here can think for themselves. Nobody is going to read something because you think it is a good idea for them to do so, especially with your history. As a benefit to the posters on this thread, would you consider not doing this anymore? You would actually be freeing up your time to spend doing something more productive.
Pete, do you really think "posters on here can think for themselves"?
I for one go to many of her links to open my mind up to other views.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63801 Jan 27, 2013
flbrat wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed that the bulk of her posting "news" is done after someone has bested her in an argument. If she posts enough this gets buried. Note than none of the links are late breaking news.
I have noticed that she puts up "news links" of things in general, just before she exits topix.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63802 Jan 27, 2013
Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
oh me, you are out there. The North does that to get attention from the world. I was there in saber-rattling with Russia, Cuba , ect.. As far as Israel, if your house was almost surrounded by neighbors who were sworn to kill you and your family, would you not want the best weapons available to defend your self. I know a smart-A s answer would be, I would call the cops??? LOL
Well I believe Kim Jong Un will do more than just "saber-rattling" when he presents to his dead Father on his birthday Feb. 16, a detonation of a nuclear device under a mountain.
BTW, China is giving him a helping hand!
Dylan

Lancaster, SC

#63803 Jan 27, 2013
Hey who do y'all support for 2010?
Really Classy

United States

#63810 Jan 27, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>"Teapublican " is NOT Name-calling, it's what all of the Reporters call a "Group", when they are referring to the Congressmen who are Republicans and the Tea Party Members who ran on the Republican Party Ticket to get elected...in that particular "Group".
You would know that if you ever read any Real News Articles from reputable News Sources.
It is not a "slur" phrase like "Libtards", it is a word signifying a combination of REAL Republicans and Tea Party Members who only ran on the Republican Ticket to get elected, but whose allegiance is to the Tea Party...which is more like the Libertarian Party than the Republican Party, BTW! But, the Tea Party Members knew they could not get elected or if they ran on a Tea Party Ticket or on a Libertarian Party Ticket. If fact, I don't THINK that the Tea Party even tried to get registered to be on the National Election Ballots. I don't know about all State Ballots for sure, but I don't THINK they are registered as a Political Party in any State, either. If I'm wrong about that, I'm sure somebody will correct me.
I, frankly, find that very deceptive on their part, right from the beginning. The Republican Party made a huge mistake by allowing them to run on the Republican Ballot and from the published Reports, I think they starting to realize that mistake, also.
But,I think it's too late and the damage is already done to the Republican Party.
I'm not sure I deserved that attack but I accept it for what it is. You continue to use that word as you please but it isn't going to help you get your point across. What it does do is cause the party you are referring strike back at you. Why would you be such a smart ass when I've been nothing but kind to you?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63811 Jan 27, 2013
Truth?

Barack Obama:'I go shooting all the time'

Any of you trust him with a gun?

Oh, and what's good for the gander is not good for the little gooses.

"He made clear, however, that his daughters Sasha, 11, and Malia, 14, did not join the clay-pigeon shooting parties at Camp David, in rural Maryland."

Why would you teach young people something that you do all the time? Maybe they'll just grow up and learn about gun safety and things like that.

"I'm a big football fan, but I have to tell you if I had a son, I'd have to think long and hard before I let him play football," said Mr Obama.

Anyone up for a nice game of chess?

Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

#63812 Jan 27, 2013
I've got a simple idea: Let's give up on the Constitution. I know, it sounds radical, but it's really not. Constitutional disobedience is as American as apple pie. For example, most of our greatest Presidents -- Jefferson, Lincoln, Wilson, and both Roosevelts -- had doubts about the Constitution, and many of them disobeyed it when it got in their way.

To be clear, I don't think we should give up on everything in the Constitution. The Constitution has many important and inspiring provisions, but we should obey these because they are important and inspiring, not because a bunch of people who are now long-dead favored them two centuries ago. Unfortunately, the Constitution also contains some provisions that are not so inspiring. For example, one allows a presidential candidate who is rejected by a majority of the American people to assume office. Suppose that Barack Obama really wasn't a natural-born citizen. So what? Constitutional obedience has a pernicious impact on our political culture. Take the recent debate about gun control. None of my friends can believe it, but I happen to be skeptical of most forms of gun control. I understand, though, that's not everyone's view, and I'm eager to talk with people who disagree.

But what happens when the issue gets Constitutional-ized? Then we turn the question over to lawyers, and lawyers do with it what lawyers do. So instead of talking about whether gun control makes sense in our country, we talk about what people thought of it two centuries ago. Worse yet, talking about gun control in terms of constitutional obligation needlessly raises the temperature of political discussion. Instead of a question on policy, about which reasonable people can disagree, it becomes a test of one's commitment to our foundational document and, so, to America itself.

This is our country. We live in it, and we have a right to the kind of country we want. We would not allow the French or the United Nations to rule us, and neither should we allow people who died over two centuries ago and knew nothing of our country as it exists today. If we are to take back our own country, we have to start making decisions for ourselves, and stop deferring to an ancient and outdated document.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63813 Jan 27, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
America, our biggest threat today is North Korea, with its long range missles and nuclear bomb development.
While Israel(who had NUMEC divert 206 pounds of Uranium to Israel and NUMEC paid a $1.1 million fine, "The Apollo Affair") is keeping our attention on Iran, North Korea has enough material for 4-6 bombs. At this point they still don't have a bomb small enough(I think) to mount on top of a missle. But I don't think they would have any problem putting it inside a cargo container and sending it to the New York Harbor.
America wake up it's North Korea that will do us harm.
America just remember North Korean will always remind us that they are still at war with the U.S. and they are right.
Dunlapian, The Father of this current North Korean Leader (I'm not even going to attempt to spell his Name correctly), would start "beating the drum of War" whenever his People were about to starve to death, so that we would give them shipments of food...and then he would back off until the next time his People got in the same condition. He did that over and over, again. Almost all of North Korea's assets are spent on the Military and Military Armament and only the bare minimum is spent on it's People. So, it was almost expected and we knew what to do to calm it down...even though we didn't seem to know what to do to stop the Armament Build-up, or we chose not to do anything, for whatever reason, other than to watch them closely.
The thing that worries me, is will the Son follow the predictable path of his Father or does he have plans of his own, and what are they? Sometimes, the Younger Generation thinks they have to be a "hot dog" and prove themselves and their Authority to their People, to retain control and prevent a "take-over" attempt from the Military, in these Communist Countries ( I don't think the "People" would be capable of attempting that), but the Military would.
So, this situation worries me more than any of the previous ones, did. We are dealing with a New Leader and an unknown entity, in what he may or may not do, In My Opinion.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63814 Jan 27, 2013
Truth Detector wrote:
I've got a simple idea: Let's give up on the Constitution. I know, it sounds radical, but it's really not. Constitutional disobedience is as American as apple pie. For example, most of our greatest Presidents -- Jefferson, Lincoln, Wilson, and both Roosevelts -- had doubts about the Constitution, and many of them disobeyed it when it got in their way.
To be clear, I don't think we should give up on everything in the Constitution. The Constitution has many important and inspiring provisions, but we should obey these because they are important and inspiring, not because a bunch of people who are now long-dead favored them two centuries ago. Unfortunately, the Constitution also contains some provisions that are not so inspiring. For example, one allows a presidential candidate who is rejected by a majority of the American people to assume office. Suppose that Barack Obama really wasn't a natural-born citizen. So what? Constitutional obedience has a pernicious impact on our political culture. Take the recent debate about gun control. None of my friends can believe it, but I happen to be skeptical of most forms of gun control. I understand, though, that's not everyone's view, and I'm eager to talk with people who disagree.
But what happens when the issue gets Constitutional-ized? Then we turn the question over to lawyers, and lawyers do with it what lawyers do. So instead of talking about whether gun control makes sense in our country, we talk about what people thought of it two centuries ago. Worse yet, talking about gun control in terms of constitutional obligation needlessly raises the temperature of political discussion. Instead of a question on policy, about which reasonable people can disagree, it becomes a test of one's commitment to our foundational document and, so, to America itself.
This is our country. We live in it, and we have a right to the kind of country we want. We would not allow the French or the United Nations to rule us, and neither should we allow people who died over two centuries ago and knew nothing of our country as it exists today. If we are to take back our own country, we have to start making decisions for ourselves, and stop deferring to an ancient and outdated document.
Tell us, SPECIFICALLY in your opinion, what we have "given up" that's in the Constitution!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63815 Jan 27, 2013
interesting enough wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you come to the conclusion that anyone is 'defending' the defendants actions of 'trespass'?
i clearly stated that another is claiming the act to have been a 'home invasion', when clearly law enforcement charged trespass.
That is not defending anyone from anything except the false accusation of 'home invasion'.
And you are completely ignoring the FACT that a JURY of 12, who heard ALL of the evidence, found YOU (I suspect) GUILTY...PLUS an Experienced Judge AGREED with them, in their Findings!!!

"If you can't do the time, DON"T DO THE CRIME"!
Now, STOP WHINING and take your punishment like a Man, for once in your life!
interesting enough

Paris, TN

#63816 Jan 27, 2013
Which is it Sassy?
'Sal' played digital recordings to you as he claimed, or, you don't know him at all, as you claim?

Did you participate with JD in the blackmail of Francis Stoker, the daughter regarding her loss of nursing license due to substance abuse?
help

Fulton, KY

#63817 Jan 27, 2013
anyone who will not take our gun rights away!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63818 Jan 27, 2013
Man, you're just "chomping at the bit", to play Lawyer and sue somebody, aren't you?

You still can't see, that is what has made you the laughing stock of this County!...SMH...

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63820 Jan 27, 2013
help wrote:
anyone who will not take our gun rights away!
The Constitution does NOT say one word about what kind of "Gun" you have a "Right" to have, nor anything about "ammo", much less anything about "Assualt" Weapons!
In fact, it doesn't even mention the word "Gun"...it says, "A Well-Armed Militia"! For all you know, going strickly by the "words", it could mean swords, knives, or a Wooden Club!
But, be that as it "IS", OBAMA IS NOT ATTEMPTING TO TAKE YOUR "GUNS" AWAY!!! In fact, he is telling the People who are advocating for Gun Control that, "they should listen to what the Gun Owners are saying"!
I put up a Link telling you and others that, from a Reputable News Source, LAST NIGHT! Why don't you try reading it so that you will know what's REALLY going on, instead of making Mountains out of Mole Hills, in your Mind's imagination!
interesting enough

Paris, TN

#63821 Jan 27, 2013
Your usual, typical way of answering for your actions.
Accuse others.
You know what they say about a person that dodges the question, especially when they dodge it the way you do, don't you?
I'm not going to sue anyone, especially you. you have nothing.
Usually when someone post something untrue about you, or something they claim you have done you reply with a swift, defiant 'LIE', it is amusing how you did not, in this case.
It must be true.
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#63825 Jan 27, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, do you really think "posters on here can think for themselves"?
I for one go to many of her links to open my mind up to other views.
Well yes, Dunlapian, in fact I do. There are a lot of sensible posters on here, like yourself, that have shown they do think for themselves. These types of people do not need anyone trying to steer them where their interests lie. Only that person knows what his or hers interests are. And if they are posting, they already know how to use the internet. Others who can't think for themselves are usually the ones posting derogatory remarks and resort to name calling on their posts. These types of people aren't going to read RS's links anyway. Their entertainment is mud slinging. That is the extent of their interest. In summary, posting the 100's of links is basically a waste of time and space. It also makes following posts on this thread a bit more complex. In short, it is inconsiderate and a bit presumptuous. If you find them helpful, that is great. Most people don't though and you can easily find the information in these links on your own and tailor them to better meet your interests. It is easy to find opposing views on almost any subject. To put it rather bluntly, nobody really cares what RS is interested in.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#63827 Jan 27, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunlapian, The Father of this current North Korean Leader (I'm not even going to attempt to spell his Name correctly), would start "beating the drum of War" whenever his People were about to starve to death, so that we would give them shipments of food...and then he would back off until the next time his People got in the same condition. He did that over and over, again. Almost all of North Korea's assets are spent on the Military and Military Armament and only the bare minimum is spent on it's People. So, it was almost expected and we knew what to do to calm it down...even though we didn't seem to know what to do to stop the Armament Build-up, or we chose not to do anything, for whatever reason, other than to watch them closely.
The thing that worries me, is will the Son follow the predictable path of his Father or does he have plans of his own, and what are they? Sometimes, the Younger Generation thinks they have to be a "hot dog" and prove themselves and their Authority to their People, to retain control and prevent a "take-over" attempt from the Military, in these Communist Countries ( I don't think the "People" would be capable of attempting that), but the Military would.
So, this situation worries me more than any of the previous ones, did. We are dealing with a New Leader and an unknown entity, in what he may or may not do, In My Opinion.
Well Sassy, I really believe the only way this young leader will survive in power is to give the military the green light on what ever they wish. The only thing he really has going for him is his name and the fact that he does know what the outside world looks like. Other than that he is at the mercy of the military to stay in power. That by itself is a bad thing, because the military still has a old score to settle with South Korea and Americans.
interesting enough

Paris, TN

#63828 Jan 27, 2013
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
In 2008 and 2010, the Supreme Court issued two landmark decisions officially establishing this interpretation. In District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home within many longstanding prohibitions and restrictions on firearms possession listed by the Court as being consistent with the Second Amendment.
Get it right.
Arms does not mean swords, knives, or a Wooden Club.
It means GUNS.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#63832 Jan 27, 2013
interesting enough wrote:
Your usual, typical way of answering for your actions.
Accuse others.
You know what they say about a person that dodges the question, especially when they dodge it the way you do, don't you?
I'm not going to sue anyone, especially you. you have nothing.
Usually when someone post something untrue about you, or something they claim you have done you reply with a swift, defiant 'LIE', it is amusing how you did not, in this case.
It must be true.
You can take your "questions", AND your opinions, and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. You don't control anybody, not even yourself and you better learn that, unless you want to keep being a Guest of the Government!
What you're doing right now is Cyber Stalking and Harrassment and it is ILLEGAL! If you continue doing it, the Prosecutor AND the Judge WILL be made aware of it, COUNT ON IT!
keith

United States

#63833 Jan 27, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You can take your "questions", AND your opinions, and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. You don't control anybody, not even yourself and you better learn that, unless you want to keep being a Guest of the Government!
What you're doing right now is Cyber Stalking and Harrassment and it is ILLEGAL! If you continue doing it, the Prosecutor AND the Judge WILL be made aware of it, COUNT ON IT!
when you bend over the sun don't shine. Is that the place?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm looking for a place to rent 3 hr Anywhere Else 2
Tammy Shoulders 3 hr Nobody15 3
Chadwick Hayes Family Law Attorney (Jan '12) 8 hr In all honesty 9
Trousdale county property taxes Sat Jake 50
jim bradshaw (Dec '11) Fri General hatten 9
Look Who Got Busted Again! (May '14) Feb 24 caughtup 2
Ruby Tuesday on west main is.... Feb 24 Bluedevil1998 4
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:26 am PST

Bleacher Report11:26AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
What's Best Plan for Replacements for Falcons?