Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like these links?
FNC still on top.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/01/17/c...
Quality vs. Quantity!

"Quality is more important than quantity, one home run is much better than two doubles".
Steve Jobs

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

"Condemned To Repeat It":(VIDEO)

Click here:
&fe ature=youtu.be
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Michele Bachmann won't pay her staff;
http://huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/11/michele-...

More evidence of Republicans eating their own.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree however, lets explore this a little more..
From what I understand the tax for unearned money is at 15%. Your Dem Billionaire Warren (somebody) stated that he paid less taxes than his secretary. Yes he did! he did not pay payroll taxes just unearned taxes. Apples and Oranges.
If I have invested $1M in a stock, the company I invested in would be the recipient of that money. Like a savings account allowing the bank to use your money, the company could use this money in which ever way their board sees fit. It could be to expand (purchase more equip. and hire more people)or it could be to pay off previous loans. There are a host of things that can be done with it.
What I out of the deal is the interest (dividends) from that money. Should I pay the same as someone who has labored for their paycheck? You say yes!, I say HOW MUCH? Do we pay taxes on these dividends the same as a earned payroll check. SS#, Medicare, withholding, etc.?
If you answer is yes, Take into account that if that company goes belly-up, I lose my Million dollars. If the bank goes bankrupt, your savings is protected up to a point. Ok, we charge all unearned dividends the same as a payroll paycheck. The stock market will fall through the floor immediately because me and others have removed their money from the companies stock. I am not going to pay someone 35-50% tax on unearned income when I have to take all the risk. Why risk it at all. Just keep the $1M and enjoy it. If I have $1M to put into the stock market, I have other businesses that are making that million and they do payroll taxes!
Now the companies no longer have money to expand, hire more workers, payoff old debts, pay for inventory they need to make their product in order to sell it to the public. You talking about a depression here of a massive scale. With more people out of work you are talking about less purchases, less payroll taxes and at some point in time, the gov. either raises taxes or starts shutting/trimming down entitlement spending (i.e welfare, SSN, Obamacare, food stamps, etc.)
My honest opinion is that Yes, we should tax the unearned money a little more from 15% to 20% but to place a payroll tax on it would result in short order a disaster nation wide we the people might not recover from.
To place that 5% on unearned tax might get us 500 Billion a year. Not enough to cover the $1.6 Trillion Obama Spends per year
Okay, you are right Buffett said he paid less taxes than his secretary because he made his money from investments and she made hers from labor. His investment income was subject to a capital gains tax capped at 15%. That was the top rate no matter how much cash in the form of dividends, interest, profit from sale of stock he earned . Her top INCOME tax rate was 34.9% for her labor. THEN her first 110 odd thousand dollars were ALSO subject to payroll taxes of approx 7%... Fair ? Not in my opinion.(again, you are entitled to yours !)
Lets suppose, for the purposes of this discussion that you have a half million dollars to invest. You have an idea for a business, you can put your money at risk, work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, hire help and work some more...become successful. You will owe the government income taxes at..oh say 28% AND an additional 14%(employers and employees part) payroll tax on your first $110k of salary. or....
You can hire a good stock guru and if he chooses well, and you make money, you owe a capped 15% flat.
In these scenarios all capital is at risk, but which one has been incentivised in the code ???
Which one (in your mind) contributes more to the economy ?
I see NO comparison. Small business is where the jobs come from in our country now.
Again, I understand where you are coming from...contrary to the beliefs of a lot of my conservative friends on this thread I am not stupid, I just disagree with you !
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

President Barack Obama's Jobs Council hit a notable milestone on Thursday: one year without an official meeting. The 26-member panel is also set to expire at the end of the month, unless Obama extends its tenure.

The group, formally known as the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, last convened on Jan. 17, 2012 for a White House session where it presented formal recommendations to Obama. It was the panel's fourth official meeting since it was created in early 2011.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

This is not good, not good at all.

Ben Bernanke and the rest of the US Federal Reserve bet the farm that they could engage in countless monetary interventions, keep interest rates at zero, and print over $2 trillion in new money without damaging the USís credibility.

They were wrong. Indeed, Germany just fired a major warning shot to the US Federal Reserve.

On Monday, Germany announced that it will be moving a significant portion of its Gold reserves out of storage with the New York Fed and moving them back to Germany.

A few background details.

Germany has the second largest Gold reserves in the world behind the US.
Since the early Ď80s, Germany has stored the largest portion of its Gold reserves with the New York Fed (45% vs. 13% in London, 11% in Paris and the remaining 31% in Frankfurt).
In the fall of last year, German officials began raising the issue of auditing its reserves at the NY Fed.

Why would Germany suddenly decide that it wants to change a policy it has had in place for over 30 years?

More importantly, how did it go from wanting to audit its reserves to actually removing them from the NY Fedís care?

The Dutch also announced they are going to repatriate their gold.
Russia warned a currency war is breaking out. That's old news.

Bill Gross agrees with Zero Hedge that this is a signal that the central banks are losing trust in each other. Check out Jim Sinclair's site and his thoughts on this momentous developments. This is huge. The end game has commenced???

Everyone, check Zero Hedge multiple times a day. They are breaking these stories months before the mainstream media (if they even cover this stuff). Very educational as well.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
By saying it is not unreasonable to outlaw those already in circulation you set the stage for confiscation that could bring more blood to the streets than there already is. It has been proven time and again that making guns illegal does not stop gun violence. Look at Chicago and their gun ban. Last year more people died from gun violence in Chicago than our forces in Afghanistan.
"Government" in the face of unspeakable gun violence by members of organized crime, outlawed machine guns years ago. It takes a SPECIAL license to own one. The same could be done with high capacity magazines. When was the last time you heard of a crime committed in this country with a machine gun ?
"Blood in the streets" ? over outlawing high capacity magazines ? I don't think so. I think there is already too much blood in the streets because of them, and while I havent heard any polling ...yet... I suspect the general public agrees with me. It is the group that says things like "blood in the streets", "cold dead hands", and equates reasonable gun restrictions on things like machine guns to the unspeakable horrors of Stalin and Hitler that gives gun owners and sportsmen a black eye. They, and the nuts like this kid (and IMO his mother) in Connecticut, are more of a danger to the gun rights enjoyed by all Americans than Obama and the Dems.
Really Sassy

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
"I Loves Muh Gun".:(VIDEO)

Click here:
http://aattp.org/i-loves-muh-gun-video/
<<<yawning smh>>>
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
I love watching Fox"News" and then going to Topix to hear the verbatim reiterations of the talking points I just watched on TV. Most times they even repeat certain phrases word for word. It's a fun little game.
I tune them in occasionally as well "OA", but I tape Rush almost every day and I can tell who is a Rush devotee pretty easily !
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

This sounds fair to me. After all, these gun laws are supposed to make people safer, and if there is less danger then there is no need for LEO's to have as many bullets....right?

A troubling oversight has been found within New York State's sweeping new gun laws.

The ban on having high-capacity magazines, as it's written, would also include law enforcement officers.

...Just another case of politicians making bad decisions in a hurry, i.e. not reading the bills they vote on well enough.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I tune them in occasionally as well "OA", but I tape Rush almost every day and I can tell who is a Rush devotee pretty easily !
I don't listen to Rush much at all - and rarely watch Fox on TV. Now, if you really want to hear the truth...you gotta listen to Michael Savage!

LOL
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
check out this site:( http://justifiedends.blogspot.com/ ). The writer spells out pretty good the yes, and nahs of protecting our schools. Unfortunately, it has now been three weeks and the Sparta commissioners, school board and their superintendent have done nothing. Its like they are just waiting until it happens here. Maybe we could sue them for incompetence.
Yes, that writer covered it all, and extremely well in my opinion.
Part of the problem at the local level is going to be, to find the money, because, just as at the national level, the public DEMANDS action and programs and initiatives BUT they refuse to provide the money to fund them. Locals must balance budgets....and they have lost state funds as the states have trimmed their budgets... so, everyone is looking to Washington where budgets do not have to be balanced....but austerity is in vogue there, and more cuts are coming. SO....some idiots will decide to put the onus on teachers and do this on the cheap...and as with everything in life, you get what you pay for.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

The Truth About "Assault Rifles"..

http://www.assaultweapon.info/
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
I know why you Dem/Libs hate FOX soooooooooo much. They have the most following and can do the most damage to the dem/libs propaganda.
I don't hate FOX, I just take them for what they are, a propaganda outfit that is masquerading as a legitimate "news" source. Sometimes I enjoy them....Beck and his caliphate, Orielly and his war on Christmas ! I enjoy a couple of the shows on MSNBC too....but I don't take what they report as Gospel until I check it out elsewhere. These are news sources with an agenda, you know.. the kind of information the old USSR put out on their government owned "news". The stuff I was raised to despise as opposed to our own unbiased news reporting in the USA ! Chuckles !!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't hate FOX, I just take them for what they are, a propaganda outfit that is masquerading as a legitimate "news" source. Sometimes I enjoy them....Beck and his caliphate, Orielly and his war on Christmas ! I enjoy a couple of the shows on MSNBC too....but I don't take what they report as Gospel until I check it out elsewhere. These are news sources with an agenda, you know.. the kind of information the old USSR put out on their government owned "news". The stuff I was raised to despise as opposed to our own unbiased news reporting in the USA ! Chuckles !!
I used to watch Hannity on FOX and Olberman on MSNBC at the same time, flipping back and forth...that way, I got both sides of the story - but, alas, never the truth.

I really think the BBC is the very best "news" out there.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Okay, you are right Buffett said he paid less taxes than his secretary because he made his money from investments and she made hers from labor. His investment income was subject to a capital gains tax capped at 15%. That was the top rate no matter how much cash in the form of dividends, interest, profit from sale of stock he earned . Her top INCOME tax rate was 34.9% for her labor. THEN her first 110 odd thousand dollars were ALSO subject to payroll taxes of approx 7%... Fair ? Not in my opinion.(again, you are entitled to yours !)
Lets suppose, for the purposes of this discussion that you have a half million dollars to invest. You have an idea for a business, you can put your money at risk, work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, hire help and work some more...become successful. You will owe the government income taxes at..oh say 28% AND an additional 14%(employers and employees part) payroll tax on your first $110k of salary. or....
You can hire a good stock guru and if he chooses well, and you make money, you owe a capped 15% flat.
In these scenarios all capital is at risk, but which one has been incentivised in the code ???
Which one (in your mind) contributes more to the economy ?
I see NO comparison. Small business is where the jobs come from in our country now.
Again, I understand where you are coming from...contrary to the beliefs of a lot of my conservative friends on this thread I am not stupid, I just disagree with you !
Conservative Friend???? you must consider yourself a liberal however, from what I have seen of you postings you are everything but that. I see very little difference in what both of us are saying. I agree that the investment income should be taxed more but to put payroll taxes to it would in my opinion bring down the stock market real quick. People with that kind of cash would look elsewhere for earnings on their money and they would not necessarily start a business. I am a small business owner and the employee taxes, insurance, workers comp., etc. will.run about 30-40% of employees take home pay. I think we lose sight that it is the person who is willing to put everything up for grabs when starting a business especially a small business. So if they take home $200,000 vs the employee of $100,000, I think that is fine. If a part $200,000 and $100,000 is invested it should not be taxed again as a payroll tax. You might say the employee could not invest with just $100,000 salary. Well, the owner has to live as well and keep up the business so the employee can take home that $100,000. Hope this helps to explain why we are so close to each other on this subject at least. By the way, you failed to answer my previous ??? How much should investment income be taxed?????
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

The "Fast and Furious" scandal sent political shockwaves through the Obama administration....allowing guns to enter into the hands of Mexican drug cartel members. Around 1,400 of the 2,000 guns purchased as part of the operation were lost and nearly 100 were used in crimes in Mexico, according to a Univision News investigation.

A Mexican national claims to be the man who shot and killed U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, whose death is tied to the "Fast and Furious" gun-walking scandal.

Gustavo Cruz-Lozano, who says he killed Terry, turned himself in on Wednesday on charges related to a separate incident: threatening to kill Hidalgo County, Texas Sheriff Lupe TreviŮo.

But before he surrendered himself, Cruz-Lozano said in an exclusive interview with Univision News' daily news magazine show "Primer Impacto" that he murdered Terry during a firefight on Dec. 14, 2010, while the agent was on patrol near the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Nuh wrote:
This is not good, not good at all.
Ben Bernanke and the rest of the US Federal Reserve bet the farm that they could engage in countless monetary interventions, keep interest rates at zero, and print over $2 trillion in new money without damaging the USís credibility.
They were wrong. Indeed, Germany just fired a major warning shot to the US Federal Reserve.
On Monday, Germany announced that it will be moving a significant portion of its Gold reserves out of storage with the New York Fed and moving them back to Germany.
A few background details.
Germany has the second largest Gold reserves in the world behind the US.
Since the early Ď80s, Germany has stored the largest portion of its Gold reserves with the New York Fed (45% vs. 13% in London, 11% in Paris and the remaining 31% in Frankfurt).
In the fall of last year, German officials began raising the issue of auditing its reserves at the NY Fed.
Why would Germany suddenly decide that it wants to change a policy it has had in place for over 30 years?
More importantly, how did it go from wanting to audit its reserves to actually removing them from the NY Fedís care?
The Dutch also announced they are going to repatriate their gold.
Russia warned a currency war is breaking out. That's old news.
Bill Gross agrees with Zero Hedge that this is a signal that the central banks are losing trust in each other. Check out Jim Sinclair's site and his thoughts on this momentous developments. This is huge. The end game has commenced???
Everyone, check Zero Hedge multiple times a day. They are breaking these stories months before the mainstream media (if they even cover this stuff). Very educational as well.
Am not worried about them moving their gold. The more money we print, the less that $1.00 is worth. Some say it is worth (Purchasing power) only abut $0.40 now. If he BER? prints more, the dollar is worth less. They are keeping the interest rates down, thus inflation down by ruining the economy.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Liberal logic:

During the National Rifle Associationís meeting with Vice President Joe Biden and the White House gun violence task force, the vice president said that the administration did not have the time to prosecute existing gun laws.

So, since you cannot enforce tne 20,000+ EXISTING gun laws...make new laws!!! Brilliant!

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/18/biden-to-nr...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to watch Hannity on FOX and Olberman on MSNBC at the same time, flipping back and forth...that way, I got both sides of the story - but, alas, never the truth.
I really think the BBC is the very best "news" out there.
That is a pretty good analysis "Nuh" and pretty funny as well !! Chuckles !!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are you for or against building the firehall in... 33 min K T W 29
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr PairAnnoyed 9,275
TC loses to Macon County?! 3 hr Big Jim 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Johnny Smith 8,610
attorneys 21 hr Goldfinger 2
Legalize Marijuana in Trousdale County? Fri Dr Kervorkian 0
Why does Carolina Fool want merchants in Hartsv... Thu I know it all 5

Search the Lebanon Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000