Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

Comments (Page 2,852)

Showing posts 57,021 - 57,040 of123,893
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Well, I read the list of Obama's executive orders. I saw nothing in there except guidance and clarification of already enacted laws, by the executive branch. There was no taking of rights, no confiscation of guns, nothing earth shattering. Then I listened to a little of Rush that I had taped yesterday.....and I know I heard the Federal Government workers building a concentration camp next door as soon as it got dark last night....I think I hear those helicopters coming for me now....Chuckles !!

To get serious, I am no fan of executive orders, and while I saw nothing dangerous in the orders Oams signed yesterday, there is a congress and a court system for a reason, and IF an executive order crosses the constituional line, both should act to nullify it. That is their duty to the country.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Obama
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Keep telling yourself that.
In my opinion your party stands for three things:
1) The wealthy including multi-national corporations, big oil, big pharma, and billionaires.
2) Investment income, you know, income you get from NOT working since it is your chosen party that consistently rewards passive income with lower tax rates than honest labor.
3) The Old Testament God of fire and brimstone, while exhibiting a complete disregard for the majority of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Yes, keep telling yourself that God is on your side while you worship those dead presidents in your billfold....excuse me, your "portfolio".
I have decided that this is a liberal propaganda thread not one word its going to change your minds. but here goes one last time.

1. Do you really think that "multi-national corporations, big oil, big pharma, and billionaires"(your words) are all owned by only republicans? What about George Sorros, Warren B., Obama, JOE and the list go on. All they got to do is let you do their job (trash the Repubs)and rake in the dough.

2. Do you actually know why investment income is taxed cheaper? Do you not own stock, 401 K, RA accounts, etc.? The money used in investment accounts has already been taxed once when it was first made. You and I get taxed twice for everything after we make money. We pay high taxes for our pay check, 9.?% for buying something out of that same pay check, land taxes out of that same pay check that was tax once. Quit complaining, If you had the money you would do the same.

3. The Old Testament is just that. A lot of teachings about God and his son Jesus. It also gives predictions that have yet to raise their ugly head. Live by the New Testament and be a better person.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
I have decided that this is a liberal propaganda thread not one word its going to change your minds. but here goes one last time.
1. Do you really think that "multi-national corporations, big oil, big pharma, and billionaires"(your words) are all owned by only republicans? What about George Sorros, Warren B., Obama, JOE and the list go on. All they got to do is let you do their job (trash the Repubs)and rake in the dough.
2. Do you actually know why investment income is taxed cheaper? Do you not own stock, 401 K, RA accounts, etc.? The money used in investment accounts has already been taxed once when it was first made. You and I get taxed twice for everything after we make money. We pay high taxes for our pay check, 9.?% for buying something out of that esame pay check, land taxes out of that same pay check that was tax once. Quit complaining, If you had the money you would do the same.
3. The Old Testament is just that. A lot of teachings about God and his son Jesus. It also gives predictions that have yet to raise their ugly head. Live by the New Testament and be a better person.
1) No they are not owned only by Republicans, many Dems own stocks in them. The difference is that Democrats put PEOPLE above these companies. No matter what Mitt said corporations are not people. They are created to do one thing, make money. They have no heart and no soul and they think nothing of grinding people up and spitting them out if it suits them monetarily. Something needs to be a check on their power and that task falls to government.
2) You will never convince ME that unearned income is somehow more valuable than honest labor. Especially since it is Republicans who claim to revere work...as long as someone else does it for them.
3) I endeavor to "live by the New Testament", I wrote endeavor because I fall short many times a day. Republicans wish to return to life under the law as they simultaneously claim to be "Christians" ....a bit hypocritical isn't it ??
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
Well, I read the list of Obama's executive orders. I saw nothing in there except guidance and clarification of already enacted laws, by the executive branch. There was no taking of rights, no confiscation of guns, nothing earth shattering. Then I listened to a little of Rush that I had taped yesterday.....and I know I heard the Federal Government workers building a concentration camp next door as soon as it got dark last night....I think I hear those helicopters coming for me now....Chuckles !!
To get serious, I am no fan of executive orders, and while I saw nothing dangerous in the orders Oams signed yesterday, there is a congress and a court system for a reason, and IF an executive order crosses the constituional line, both should act to nullify it. That is their duty to the country.
Yesterday prior to his announcement of his executive orders there was a lot of speculation and fear as to what they would contain. I agree with you that they did nothing against guns. Rem, the executive orders are his to do. That is what the exeutive branch does. Execute the laws made by both houses of congress. The Judicial branch is suppose to check those laws for constitutionality. He (OBAMA) can make no laws but what he can do is take a bit of your freedom from the edges (so you will not notice). If you do this enough , over a period of time, you have no edges to take away, in fact by that time, you will have no freedoms either.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Topix is reporting this morning that that stellar member of congress Michelle Bachman has been unable to find anyone to co-sponsor her bill to repeal Obamacare....the genius of the lower chamber is apparently unaware that the other 30 some odd times that the house repealed Obamacare did nothing to stop the ACA since the Senate would not even take up repeal and if they did and passed it Obama assured congress he would veto it.
This woman who claims to stand for fiscal responsibility in government wishes to add to the 50 million dollars the House has already wasted repealing the ACA. What is that definition of insanity again ???
OOOPS...I forgot, it is only Democrats that are guilty of wasting taxpayer's money....

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>We, not "us"! You truly are a slow learner!
No, it's "us". You need an English refresher course...if you ever had the first Class. Failed miserably, is my guess.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text>
1) No they are not owned only by Republicans, many Dems own stocks in them. The difference is that Democrats put PEOPLE above these companies. No matter what Mitt said corporations are not people. They are created to do one thing, make money. They have no heart and no soul and they think nothing of grinding people up and spitting them out if it suits them monetarily. Something needs to be a check on their power and that task falls to government.
2) You will never convince ME that unearned income is somehow more valuable than honest labor. Especially since it is Republicans who claim to revere work...as long as someone else does it for them.
3) I endeavor to "live by the New Testament", I wrote endeavor because I fall short many times a day. Republicans wish to return to life under the law as they simultaneously claim to be "Christians" ....a bit hypocritical isn't it ??
Again, the dems are in it as deep as everyone. They just hide behind the handouts. See the difference in the parties I posted earlier. As far unearned income is: you have to earn income first (have a job), then you can have unearned income. Rem. If you have a savings account, you yourself have unearned income from the interest. Same thing.
Unbelivable

White Pine, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
One Party believes in the American core values that made this country great. Hard work, honesty, God, etc. You know all the good things.
The other party believes that America has no core values and that no American can do anything unless they are paid by and told what to do by the Government. On this forum Really Sassy is their spokesperson.
WRONG
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday prior to his announcement of his executive orders there was a lot of speculation and fear as to what they would contain. I agree with you that they did nothing against guns. Rem, the executive orders are his to do. That is what the exeutive branch does. Execute the laws made by both houses of congress. The Judicial branch is suppose to check those laws for constitutionality. He (OBAMA) can make no laws but what he can do is take a bit of your freedom from the edges (so you will not notice). If you do this enough , over a period of time, you have no edges to take away, in fact by that time, you will have no freedoms either.
Point taken and it is a valid one, no matter which party is in power.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the dems are in it as deep as everyone. They just hide behind the handouts. See the difference in the parties I posted earlier. As far unearned income is: you have to earn income first (have a job), then you can have unearned income. Rem. If you have a savings account, you yourself have unearned income from the interest. Same thing.
Of course I have unearned income. My point was and IS that the money made in a savings account, real estate, stocks, bonds, etc. is MONEY. That is all it is. I made it without working, yet the tax code treats it more favorably than the money earned by the guy who made his with his hands and his back. NOTHING is more unfair in my opinion.
I see nothing special about unearned income...in fact I think labor deserves a richer reward than "passive capital investment". Obviously, we will need to agree to disagree, since I have come to my determination over many years and you probably have as well...
Goodbye

Talco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
One Party believes in the American core values that made this country great. Hard work, honesty, God, etc. You know all the good things.
The other party believes that America has no core values and that no American can do anything unless they are paid by and told what to do by the Government. On this forum Really Sassy is their spokesperson.
Loooovvvee it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday prior to his announcement of his executive orders there was a lot of speculation and fear as to what they would contain. I agree with you that they did nothing against guns. Rem, the executive orders are his to do. That is what the executive branch does. Execute the laws made by both houses of congress. The Judicial branch is suppose to check those laws for constitutionality. He (OBAMA) can make no laws but what he can do is take a bit of your freedom from the edges (so you will not notice). If you do this enough , over a period of time, you have no edges to take away, in fact by that time, you will have no freedoms either.
Oh Dear Lord, how dumb some of you People are! The "Judicial" Branch...i.e., the Supreme Court...ONLY "checks" Laws when the Case is brought before it. The Justices do NOT run around double-checking everything the President and Congress does.
Members of Congress are supposed to know the Constitution AND the Amendments to it...they are given a POCKET COPY when they are sworn in. Now, whether or not they read it or use it as a reference before they vote on an issue is doubtful. Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia, a Democrat, was famous for pulling it out of his Breast Pocket and waving it at the other Legislators, when he wanted to make a point in his speeches on the Senate Floor.

The President, along with being a former Constitutional Professor, himself, has Constitutional Attorneys on Staff to advise him on Constitutional Issues, as well as being able to pick up the phone and consult with any Constitutional Expert in the Nation.
I doubt that ANY of them have ever refused to take a call from the President of the United States...this One or any of the Former Ones! Plus, if he wants to for some reason, the President can summon any or all of them to the White House, should he deem it necessary. I don't know that any President ever has, but if One did, YOU DO NOT REFUSE! The President has the Power to have you brought there if he wants to. But, it's considered an Honor to be summoned to the white House and Nobody has ever refused!

So, now that you know just a small fraction of how many Experts on the Constitution are in the White House, on Congressional Staffs, Congressional Committee Staffs, Supreme Justices' Staffs, and easily accessible Nation-wide to any and all Presidents, Congressmen, and Senators, and...all as close as the nearest telephone or down the Hall, it's alittle ludicrous to even think that if the Constitution is being violated, NOBODY in the other Political Party would notice or know it! and you better bet that if the President should do it and the Teapublicans even thought the President was violating the Constitution, they would have filed charges against him before he even finished his speech!
Goodbye

Talco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's "us". You need an English refresher course...if you ever had the first Class. Failed miserably, is my guess.
Would you like to compare degrees?
Goodbye

Talco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are grossly mistaken, and too ignorant to understand. Carry on with your stupidity.. it matches your personality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
<quoted text>Would you like to compare degrees?
Well, it's about 30 degrees here...what is where you live?

Look Doofus, leave out the word "Civilian" and see if the sentence is correct...and then, you'll see that your "degree" doesn't mean chit, except on paper!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Sassy - I doubt a lot of the members of the House at least both Dem and Pub, have actually read the entire Constitution. In fact, they don't even read the mammoth bills they are to vote on. Remember Nancy Pelosi's infamous quote concerning Obamacare? "But we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it....

This is why it is so important for the populace to keep abreast of what's going on.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Conservatives support the 2nd Amendment because it is an unalienable right bestowed by our Creator written down by our Founders.

The majority liberals do not support the 2nd Amendment, and many of those who say they do...do so for one reason.

Sassy - It is spelled out in that "far-right" extremist group you can find at the link below.

"...we hold one common belief: more gun control equals lost elections. We don't want a repeat of 1994."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/03/08/9486... #

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts continue to crack me up. You say you are always looking for true information and troll conservative sites to call them out on BS, but you continue to post links to blogs, editorials and liberal only sites that post nothing but the author's ideologies. And you post them strictly because you agree with them, not because they are true or factual even though you present them that way. One more good example of your hypocrisy.
And the quote above that cracks me up the most is where you say you hate to type! Good gosh lady, that is all you do all day. Just look at all the previous posts on this one thread and count how many are yours. Who do you think you are kidding? Posing as a true intellectual is not working for you maam.
I don't care if it's from a Conservative or a "Liberal" Site as long as it's the truth, and I have yet to find a Conservative Site that tells the truth! Ideology has long ago replaced any Conservative Site's truth. there are a few Well-known Conservative Bloggers who don't lie and distort the truth. and even though I don't agree with their opinion, if I find it interesting and truthful about the facts, I post it. I did that just a couple of days ago, by George Wills, I think.
I KNOW what the problem is with you People because it's as plain as the nose of your face, in every Post you make, to us Long-time Political Junkies.
You barely knew that the Federal Gov't. even existed, nor did you care, until the Economy crashed and Barack Obama got elected President! then, all of a sudden you woke up out of the trance you had been in all your Life. But, instead of trying to catch up on what you had no knowledge of, or paid any attention to, for your whole life, even though it was your Patriotic Duty to keep up with what your Gov't. was doing...now you want to pretend that you know all about it and have all the answers, and all you do is make yourself look like the ignorant Fools that we all know you are because your Source of Information and your method of "catching up" is to watch and believe everything Fox Fake News tells you! And even then, you don't understand half of what they are lying to you about! And I'd bet money that you are a Tea Party Member or would be, if you joined any Political Party because it's the typical Tea Party Member that I've just described! Dumb as a box of rocks and still has no clue about the Federal Gov't. or how it works, much less WHY it works that way! So, you compare it to the only things you know, which is the simplest of things! And to make it even worse, you want to argue about it, when somebody tries to explain it to you and tell you why your Posts make absolutely NO SENSE!
I can tell just as well as I know my own Name who has been a Long-time Politics-watcher and Federal Gov't-watcher, on this Forum, and there are very few, but "OT" is obviously one and so is "Dunlapian". There are a handful more, of both Conservatives and Democrats who aren't as knowledgeable, but they are fast-learning and getting there. But, the Tea Party Newbies are the most ignorant that I have ever encountered, ANYWHERE, in my Lifetime! I simply don't think they have the mental capacity to ever learn anything and understand it! That's why you see all the pics, making fun of them, their spelling , and their own words. They have become the "National Joke" and justifiably so!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Question: Which bullet has killed the most people, exclusive of war, in America?.30-.30?.44mag? 9mm? 12 guage?.223?.38? Answer: None of the above. According to what I just read, the ubiquitous little .22 fired from a hand gun has done more permanent, no second chances, damage to humans in America than any other bullet. So what the Prez and Joe want to do is ban all rifles with more than one military characteristic.

Google Ruger 10/22 and you'll see you can get one for about $200. Then Google 10/22 accessories and you'll see that with a screwdriver and some pliers you can turn it into the wickedest looking assault weapon around for not a whole lot more money. The logical guy would know, though, that if you stood the factory wooden stocked rifle next to the tricked out plastic one you'd still be looking at the same gun. Same barrel, same receiver, same magazine, same trigger, same bullet and very much the same amount of danger. But the wooden stock factory unit looks like a plinker and doesn't have a military characteristic and, therefore, is safer, see? You know, it does look kinder and gentler. Knuckleheads look at the wooden one and go "Oh?" They look at the plastic one and go "Ooh!" Same gun and in a moron's hands, same kind of dead.

Most anybody who's been around guns knows that a Remington Model 700 is a bolt action rifle that holds, I think, three or four rounds. You squeeze the trigger and then you have to crank the bolt back and forth to get another round in the chamber. It's much slower than a semi-auto and it's one of the most reliable and popular deer guns ever made. Because of its toughness and laser accuracy, it's the same gun used in the military to make human heads explode at six hundred yards. See where I'm going here?

Come on, man. I'm all for figuring out how to keep AR15's away from nut-jobs and, dang it, that's what we need to do. So why can't we be smart about this? Obama just shoved us a one size fits all feet when there ain't a single foot in the room.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,021 - 57,040 of123,893
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lebanon Discussions

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 3 hr NTMD8OR 58,240
Jada Holder Meyer Bowman (Feb '11) 9 hr joe 5
Brianna Jones? (Jun '10) 12 hr truth 23
talking smack 13 hr true 2
rodney groce 13 hr HappyLiving 3
class of 1993 looking for Michael Cooper 16 hr Caraway09 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 17 hr C Clark 8,463
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance