|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What "Hey" ? Are you actually questioning the wisdom and altruistic tendencies of the 1%? Oh my God ! Didn't you know that they all have our best interests at heart ? Why they are the job creators ! Surely you wouldn't believe that they have anything but your and my best interests at heart, would you ? We nearly brought the country to it's knees over making these folks pay 4% more in taxes a week ago and you dare to post something like this ?
Those "banksters" didn't do anything wrong....they were duped by a bunch of poor people buying houses they couldn't afford ! Chuckles !!
LMAO! I couldn't have done the sarcasm any better, myself, OT. Good job!:)
Hey

Manchester, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> What "Hey" ? Are you actually questioning the wisdom and altruistic tendencies of the 1%? Oh my God ! Didn't you know that they all have our best interests at heart ? Why they are the job creators ! Surely you wouldn't believe that they have anything but your and my best interests at heart, would you ? We nearly brought the country to it's knees over making these folks pay 4% more in taxes a week ago and you dare to post something like this ?
Those "banksters" didn't do anything wrong....they were duped by a bunch of poor people buying houses they couldn't afford ! Chuckles !!
I'm questioning a little bit but I did call them my favorites.
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you can rest assured that I won't come to you because I don't even know who you really are and because you wouldn't share with me, if I did.
If the wealthy create jobs, where are they??? They've had a least 12 years and we're at 7.8% Unemployment and as you Teapublicans like to point out, it would be 16% if they counted everybody that's stopped looking for work because it's useless, so WHERE ARE THE JOBS that the wealthy have created...according to you? That's really a very Poor argument to make, considering the current Jobless crisis!
And your "fair and balanced" Fox Fake News...fair and balanced, what a joke... is not the only One station that presents both sides, they all do, except when it is an Interview and not a discussion! so, that is also a silly argument to make, but it points out that you don't even know what any other Station does, but you have never watched any, but Fox Fake News! That's an Addiction or Brainwashing that you crave reinforcement of each and everyday...or both! And I think you Teapublicans are scared to death of the Truth...and I posted an Opinion Article from an Opinion Writer from the Washington Post, saying the same thing , as told to him by some Republicans! They said that republicans are scared to death, but it wasn't clear to me, why? Paranoia, maybe, I don't know! But, I believe he was telling the truth because it shows in everything you, and Ones like you, say and do! But, what are you scared of, is the question? Scared that you won't get your way about everything? If that's it, well, welcome to the real world! We Democrats are used to it...we had G.W. Bush and Cheney for 8 years, remember? I still wasn't scared, but i was Pis*ed most of the time. If Fox Fake News is incited that much fear in you, then STOP warching it! It's Fake, anyway, made up Crap! They don't even expect you to take it seriously, Roger Ailes , himself, has said so. I heard him, it's not hearsay....I saw the Interview!
Steven Colbert is more truthful and his schtick is satire! Geez!"
DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT UNDER BUSH THE UNEMPLOYMENT WAS 4.6%. The last two years of Bush the unemployment when to the sky. Why, The Dem/Libs were in power in the houses of legislature. Really, who do you think create jobs? I would like to know. I do know that at least one of my employees will get the boot, since I have to pay higher taxes for them and myself. Should I give them you address as one of the DEM/LIBs that helped cause this? Check out the Sparta Expositor for Monday Jan 7, 2013, Mr. Ed Wood has a nice letter to the Editor. Kind of hard to disagree when he has the bill there to prove it. An now it is obvious they will try and take our guns away. Oh, Yes he is a bonafide Republican unlike myself a committed conservative Independent.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT UNDER BUSH THE UNEMPLOYMENT WAS 4.6%. The last two years of Bush the unemployment when to the sky. Why, The Dem/Libs were in power in the houses of legislature. Really, who do you think create jobs? I would like to know. I do know that at least one of my employees will get the boot, since I have to pay higher taxes for them and myself. Should I give them you address as one of the DEM/LIBs that helped cause this? Check out the Sparta Expositor for Monday Jan 7, 2013, Mr. Ed Wood has a nice letter to the Editor. Kind of hard to disagree when he has the bill there to prove it. An now it is obvious they will try and take our guns away. Oh, Yes he is a bonafide Republican unlike myself a committed conservative Independent.
You still run up that hill every time that lying little kid cries "Wolf!" don't you?

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT IT WAS BUSH'S POLICIES AND BUSH'S DEREGULATION THAT CAUSE THE ECONOMIC COLLAPSE AND THE SUBSEQUENT LOSS OF JOBS ???
I just posted an article from a well-known Business cite, yesterday, telling what the Unemployment rate was when Bush took Office and what it was when he left Office, and why the increase! I would suggest that you read it!
Bush , with Cheney's help, including breaking lots of tie vote counts in the Senate, that railroaded all of the changes through Congress that caused the Recession and it actually started the last YEAR of his Presidency, but REALLY went into crisis-mode in Nov. of 2008! That's when Hank Paulson worked the massive Wall Street Bailout Scam on the American People that I've been trying to get People like you to read about, for two days! But, all you People ant to do is attack the Author! It is true! I was glued to the TV, the whole time, wondering if we were going into another Great Depression! Watched when Bush called Obama and McCain in off the campaign trail to attend the Crisis Meeting at the White House, watched to see if Congress would approve the Bailout to keep the Country from going bankrupt on the following Monday, the supposed Deadline to save the Nation and the keep the Stock Market from crashing!
I LIVED IT...obviously you didn't! So, don't you dare lecture me about ANYTHING that happened during that time!!!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You still run up that hill every time that lying little kid cries "Wolf!" don't you?
Whats wrong---historic numbers confound you? This dog likes to play with real numbers instead of fuzzy math like most of the dem/libs want!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong---historic numbers confound you? This dog likes to play with real numbers instead of fuzzy math like most of the dem/libs want!
Then, why don't you ever quote the accurate ones, instead of just making them up in your head, like all of you Teapublicans do?
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

OK--- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_...

Take a good read. Doubt it will help you and your talking point Dem/libs.

The unemployment is down in the "economic Indicators' about 3/4 of the way down the article.

Now that is facts.

Net we can get facts for your Obama for the first 4 years.

Pales in comparison
Mother

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

No To Vouchers for Schools In Tennessee

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times has a Democratic President knocked on your door and demanded you relinquish your guns? Any answer but ZERO would be considered "fuzzy math."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Judged:

Honestly wrote:
OK--- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_...
Take a good read. Doubt it will help you and your talking point Dem/libs.
The unemployment is down in the "economic Indicators' about 3/4 of the way down the article.
Now that is facts.
Net we can get facts for your Obama for the first 4 years.
Pales in comparison
Fact -- unemployment grew by 60% from the beginning of his administration to the end.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Bank of America has frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were --‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

What stunned House Speaker John Boehner more than anything else during his prolonged closed-door budget negotiations with Barack Obama was this revelation: "At one point several weeks ago," Mr. Boehner says, "the president said to me,'We don't have a spending problem.' "

Mr. Boehner confirms that at one critical juncture he asked Mr. Obama, after conceding on $800 billion in new taxes, "What am I getting?" and the president replied: "You don't get anything for it. I'm taking that anyway."

Mr. Boehner is frustrated that Republicans were portrayed by the press as dogmatic and unyielding in these talks. "I'm the guy who put revenues on the table the day after the election," he says. "And I'm the guy who put the [income] threshold at a million dollars. Then we agreed to let the rates go up, on dividends, capital gains as a way of trying to move them into a deal.... But we could never get him to step up," Mr. Boehner says with a shrug. Negotiations with the White House ended in stalemate when "it became painfully obvious that the president won't cut spending."
James

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

pump
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

“Houston, We have a problem”

For the record, I'm not totally against privatizing much of NASA. I beleive the private sector can do better and cheaper if given the opportunity.

But NASA's budget was around 20 billion per year (I think). That's a.drop in the bucket compared to EBT and welfare costs. At least we got to see something for our money. What are we getting in return for welfare? More babies. More welfare.

Of course, since The Bolshevik has been in charge, NASA's mission has been to just makes Muslims feel good about themselves.

"That has prompted NASA to advertise a long list of KSC facilities and equipment as available for use, lease or, in some cases, outright purchase by the right business. Among them: Launch Pad 39A, where shuttles were launched; space in the Vehicle Assembly Building, the iconic 526-foot-tall structure first used to assemble Saturn V-Apollo rockets; the Orbiter Processing Facilities, essentially huge garages where the shuttles were maintained; Hangar N and its high-tech test equipment; the launch-control center; and various other buildings and chunks of undeveloped property. A lot of the stuff needs to be transferred by the end of 2013, when federal maintenance money will run out. When it does, machinery will start to rust, and buildings will deteriorate in the harsh coastal-marsh environment of Cape Canaveral."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-01-0...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

The SEC is screwed.

After last night's absolute trouncing of Notre Dame by Alabama and 7 straight National Football Championship victories, President Obama and Democrats in congress are already drafting the College Football Fairness bill. It will call for re-distribution of excess southern football resources and assets to less fortunate parts of the country.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
What stunned House Speaker John Boehner more than anything else during his prolonged closed-door budget negotiations with Barack Obama was this revelation: "At one point several weeks ago," Mr. Boehner says, "the president said to me,'We don't have a spending problem.' "
Mr. Boehner confirms that at one critical juncture he asked Mr. Obama, after conceding on $800 billion in new taxes, "What am I getting?" and the president replied: "You don't get anything for it. I'm taking that anyway."
Mr. Boehner is frustrated that Republicans were portrayed by the press as dogmatic and unyielding in these talks. "I'm the guy who put revenues on the table the day after the election," he says. "And I'm the guy who put the [income] threshold at a million dollars. Then we agreed to let the rates go up, on dividends, capital gains as a way of trying to move them into a deal.... But we could never get him to step up," Mr. Boehner says with a shrug. Negotiations with the White House ended in stalemate when "it became painfully obvious that the president won't cut spending."
I hope those quotes are correct, but Boehner is a politician just like Obama is.
I tend to doubt a lot of what Boehner said simply because IF Obama had stood his ground on the 250K, he could have gotten it, and a debt ceiling raise to boot. Instead Boehner got that 250K up to 450K and other concessions as well, simply by walking away and handing negotiations to McConnell.....
Obama had the upper hand in these negotiations and, managed to fold even though he was holding all the cards !
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.
So let’s explain something to our ill-informed Democratic friends. In 2009, Mr. Obama enacted a “holiday” on the payroll tax deduction from employees’ paychecks, dropping the rate from 6.2 percent to 4.2 percent.
Of course, dozens sought to blame it all (as usual) on President George W. Bush.
But in fact, it was Mr. Obama who enacted the “holiday,” and, to be clear, the tax cut that he pushed throughout the campaign — remember? 98 percent of Americans will get a cut under his plan?— was really the extension of the Bush tax suts. Thus, it was Mr. Obama who raised taxes on millions of Americans, not Mr. Bush.
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Where were those anti-tax tea party Republicans on this issue ???? Where was Grover Norquist ?? As they fought tooth and nail to protect those making over 250k from a 4% tax increase, they were solidly behind letting the 2% tax holiday on the rest of us expire......Hypocrites....no worse, solidly bought and paid for by those who pull their strings.

Personally, I don't mind paying into Social Security/Medicare so this increase doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the constant drumb beat to gut these programs that I have paid into all my working life. These proposals are being made by those sent to Washington to REPRESENT us...as public opinion runs 60 to 70 percent AGAINST changes to those programs.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Nuh wrote:
Bank of America has frozen the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, according to its owner, Joe Sirochman.
“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review -- her exact words were --‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’
Banks are getting impossible to do business with. The bank I have done business with for many years, has informed me that I can not cash a customer's two party check if the amount of the check is over one thousand dollars. So, if a customer owes me say $800.00 and gets a income tax refund check for $1200.00, and I cash it, get paid, and give that customer the balance, they will NOT honor that check for deposit in my business account. The same applies to payroll checks. And these jokers got billions in taxpayer's money to stay in business. A lot of them should be under the jail not making up new policies to make it harder for legitimate businesses to operate
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Where were those anti-tax tea party Republicans on this issue ???? Where was Grover Norquist ?? As they fought tooth and nail to protect those making over 250k from a 4% tax increase, they were solidly behind letting the 2% tax holiday on the rest of us expire......Hypocrites....no worse, solidly bought and paid for by those who pull their strings.
Personally, I don't mind paying into Social Security/Medicare so this increase doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the constant drumb beat to gut these programs that I have paid into all my working life. These proposals are being made by those sent to Washington to REPRESENT us...as public opinion runs 60 to 70 percent AGAINST changes to those programs.
Raising cain - but, despite liberals saying otherwise, tea party Republicans are being pushed aside by the Pub establishment. In fact, most all of them lost chairmanships in their committees due to Boehner's purge. My congressman did not vote for the 'deal' due to the real issue of cutting spending not being addressed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr PairAnnoyed 9,275
Are you for or against building the firehall in... 1 hr Flood Maps Are Easy 28
TC loses to Macon County?! 3 hr Big Jim 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 5 hr Johnny Smith 8,610
attorneys 20 hr Goldfinger 2
Legalize Marijuana in Trousdale County? Fri Dr Kervorkian 0
Why does Carolina Fool want merchants in Hartsv... Thu I know it all 5

Search the Lebanon Forum:
•••
•••
Lebanon Dating

more search filters

less search filters