First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dorothy Velez

AOL

#1 Mar 19, 2007
My daughter is thinking about moving to Lebanon Tn. She would like my husband and I to move as well. I hear nice things about the area but I also hear that Tn. has no programs to help the elderly.
Does anyone have info regarding Lebanon, which is about 30 minutes from Nashville.
We need to leave NY as the cost of living on LI is way too much and people are very unfriendly.
Dorothy

AOL

#2 Mar 20, 2007
I wrote asking for infomation on Lebonan Tn, no one responsed. Please if anyone has anything to say about the area, positive or negative I need to hear it. This will be a hugh move for me and my family I need as much info as possible to make an informed decision. Thank you for taking the time to give your input.

Since: Jan 07

northern wi

#3 Mar 22, 2007
I can't beleive that nobody has responded to your request. If you read the other questions for help about TN. you might find some answers. I live about 30 mins. away from Lebanon, go shopping there alot, but I don't really know much about housing, taxes, etc... there. Hope this much helps you find your answers.
Sharon

United States

#4 Mar 27, 2007
Dorothy,
My husband and I just bought a house in Lebanon to retire to in June of 2008. I haven't seen it yet, just lots of pictures, but am going this week. We are moving from El Paso, TX to be closer to our daughter in Nashville. If you go to realtor.com and look at the listings there, many of them show the property taxes which are not bad. Property prices are reasonable, too.

We were looking for and found a house with 2 acres in a quiet community with frienly people and that is large enough to have decent places to shop and eat out, a reasonable cost of living and within an hour drive to Nashville. The old downtown area has a lot of antique stores.

Something I found on-line, quite by accident is that Lebanon has a commuter train connection, The Music City Star, to downtown Nashville. It is also the largest city in Wilson County.
Dorothy wrote:
I wrote asking for infomation on Lebonan Tn, no one responsed. Please if anyone has anything to say about the area, positive or negative I need to hear it. This will be a hugh move for me and my family I need as much info as possible to make an informed decision. Thank you for taking the time to give your input.
Allison Hopper

Cookeville, TN

#5 Apr 5, 2007
I grew up in Lebanon and really think it is a wonderful place. Here are some links to some elderly oriented programs and the last link is to TN's state site. It is great for looking up anything TN. Hope you do move, I personally love it. I currently live in cookeville tn but I miss lebanon and will probably move back shortly. Also the commuter train has stops in Mt. Juliet, Old Hickory, Donelson, Hermitage, and several more in downtown Nashville.

http://www.tennessee.gov/humanserv/

http://www.tennessee.gov/finance/rds/tnsenior...

http://www.tennessee.gov/comaging/

http://www.comptroller.state.tn.us/pa/patxrel...

http://www.tennesseeanytime.org/online/

Since: Jan 07

northern wi

#6 Apr 9, 2007
Dorothy Velez wrote:
My daughter is thinking about moving to Lebanon Tn. She would like my husband and I to move as well. I hear nice things about the area but I also hear that Tn. has no programs to help the elderly.
Does anyone have info regarding Lebanon, which is about 30 minutes from Nashville.
We need to leave NY as the cost of living on LI is way too much and people are very unfriendly.
glad you are finally get some help, good luck in Lebanon.
JJJ

Lawrenceburg, KY

#8 Aug 16, 2008
hey girls Jimmy J's Back
JJJ

Lawrenceburg, KY

#9 Aug 16, 2008
Hey girls Jimmy J,s back
glim

United States

#10 Dec 3, 2008
Lebanon is a great town,but the school laws are extreme,much to strict. Otherwise Lebanon has terrific places to shop and a vast variety of places to dine. If you don't mind extremely strict school laws you'll love Lebanon.
Franko

United States

#11 Dec 4, 2008
I moved to lebnon , tn. in July of 08 , from Fla. Bought a home for $135 K , 4 yrs old, 3 B, 2B. inclosed garage . I like it here , but , WX isnt as tame as Fa. I am 84 yrs old , and insted of looing for senior help , I play my Keyboard at senior asisted living and nursing homes weekly. My daughter is a nurse at an assisted living home .We feel we are at home here in Lebanon Tenn. Restaurants and super-stores are near by .
University Ave

Antioch, TN

#12 Mar 6, 2009
I am thinking of buying a home on University Ave. in Lebanon, TN.
Cam anyone tell me anything about that street?? It is next to Cumberland University, so I wondered if it was a bunch of crazy college kids that live there or is it a good or bad neighborhood???
We have small children, so we want to make sure it is a safe neighborhood for them to play in the yard!!
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Franko

Pembroke, KY

#13 Mar 16, 2009
Hi , I lilve in Lebanon , further out west from down town . the University and cumberland U> area is rather in old section of town , old homes , older area close to center of town , which realy is old . the west part of lebanon is on hwy 70 , and is more modern , I live in the chaparral sub-division , all newer homes ,150 to 250 K range . plenty of shoping, home depot , lowes, walmart and almost any restaurant available .My daughter works at a assistd living complex , and I play the keyboard at several of the local nursing , and assisted , adult living places . I am 85 yrs old . I think Lebanon is growing fast , and easy to get around , not much trffic. Frank
heather809

United States

#14 Apr 24, 2009
My husband grew up in Lebanon and his parents still live there. It's a great town...close to Nashville and has several things to make for convenient living. It's a safe town with good schools, as well as a private school in the area. Of course every town has it's good and bad, but I can't really think of any negatives that would keep one from enjoying living in Lebanon.

Univerity Street is full of beautiful houses. Cumberland U is a pretty small school, while it does have dorms, I think it's mostly commuter/adult education and it's definitely tame in the way of party life. Of course, talk to the neighbors in the area, but this was my husband's take on it who knows the town inside and out.

It's growing by leaps and bounds, a desirable town in this area.

Good luck!
J Dennis

United States

#15 May 8, 2009
We currently live in Lebanon but are moving overseas (our house is currently on the market). We have loved living here because it is so safe. It's far enough away from Nashville not to be affected by the crime levels but close enough to take full advantage of the parks, zoo, restaurants, shops, excellent hospitals etc.

We had a storm shelter installed because I was worried about the weather in May but we have had no problems so far. With a Marshall and a Lebanon police officer living in our road plus a storm shelter, we feel pretty safe and secure here. Wish we could take our street with us when we move.

I would recommend Lebanon to anyone who wants the safety of a suburban neighborhood but doesn't want to be completely cut off from all the benefits of city life.
Dwight

Blytheville, AR

#16 May 8, 2009
I am interested in finding out about jobs in and around Lebanon. I would like to relocate there. I have family around that area and I think Lebanon would be a great place to live. If anybody has any info on any jobs I would appreciate it.
satinred1

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 May 14, 2009
You may want to go to fl, or ks,or any where but TN. these folks are anything but friendly... especially in the SMALL TOWNS...UGH !!! I am truing as hard as i can to move away fom here back to GA. or FL. Ir you are not 10 or 20 gen. back , then you are treated as an outsider... even the CHURCHS are not welcoming.... so I would think twice before you make that MOVE.....!!!!!
satinred1

Murfreesboro, TN

#18 May 15, 2009
hodagmama4 wrote:
<quoted text>glad you are finally get some help, good luck in Lebanon.
she will need more than LUCK !!!
lebanon

Dallas, TX

#19 Nov 5, 2009
lebanon is a wonderful place to live
use to live there

Meansville, GA

#20 Oct 10, 2010
i use to live on that very street while it was fun for me
i think it would be a bad choice since yall have kids
all we did was throw party after party
and i remember a couple blocks away is several drug dealer houses
the college and area looks nice but for young kids i would consider right out of the city
Shawn

Pasadena, CA

#21 Oct 11, 2010
my mom has 15 ac and a house for sale in watertown tn 20 min from lebanon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
watertown sewer charge 17 hr cdp1 1
Strong Gas Smell 20 hr Susan 5
Mitchell Rolin? (Jun '14) Fri Yep 12
Wilson County Sheriff Dept Thu Anon 13
case of the missing Macon county men Dec 24 Haha 2
rosekay arnold Dec 23 From here 15
HARTSVILLE Nursing Home Dec 21 Turnipseed 5
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web