What are the bad areas of town?

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dale

United States

#1 May 22, 2012
hi friends, I recently moved to the area on tater peeler rd, what areas do I need to try to avoid when I am traveling in town?
bornANDraisedher e

Lebanon, TN

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Welcome to Lebanon! I have lived here my whole life, so I can definitely tell you which areas to avoid. There aren't any places where people would run up and carjack you or anything, really, but there are some not-so-nice areas around, just like any town. Obviously, you have access to the internet so I'll just name off streets to avoid. There are a few housing projects you'll REALLY want to avoid, such as Upton Heights and Inman Court. They are both close to the HG Hills grocery store and close to the county jail. Inman Court is the worst, where there are occasional shootings due to drug deals gone bad. Streets to avoid: Hobbs Avenue, known for drugs and robberies (close to Cumberland University); The vicinity around Fairview Ave. all the way to Chums gas station off hwy 231 North; South Maple St, South Greenwood St (which runs into Hobbs Ave), and there are also some apartment complexes you want to avoid. Rollingwood, Greentree, and Peyton Apartments are all run down and primarily Section 8 housing. Parents don't watch after their children, who end up causing trouble throughout the neighborhoods. There are tons of drug dealers in all of those apartment complexes, despite the fact that there are some police officers who live there. Just so you know, most of the areas I named aren't terribly bad, except for the housing projects. I wouldn't even go through them in the daylight without my doors locked. Oh, and by the way...If you're on South Maple driving toward the outlet mall (aka Premier Outlets), every road that branches off South Maple leads to a rough neighborhood until you pass the cemetery. The whole north side of Lebanon looks really ran-down nowadays, but it wasn't always like that. They've tried to spruce it up a bit with the big Al's Grocery store and the strip mall, but that whole side of town going toward Hartsville/Kentucky just looks like crap until you get outside the city limits. I hope you enjoy Lebanon.
hmm

United States

#4 Jul 2, 2012
GOOD LORD!! WTF, so why live there? Any area good..seems like you just named the whole town!
Bob

Lebanon, TN

#6 Jul 4, 2012
Go to south Fork where the Mayor lives and they will steal your paycheck...he loves taxes; be careful there.
also new to area

Lebanon, VA

#8 Jul 12, 2012
What kind of neighborhood is the Beasley Bend Road and West Richmond Shop Road areas?
Donald

Wynne, AR

#10 Jul 14, 2012
Bob wrote:
Go to south Fork where the Mayor lives and they will steal your paycheck...he loves taxes; be careful there.
Bob, I agree with you 100 percent. I think they call that area Champagin Hill. Parked my car there once and came back later to find it sitting on concrete blocks. They called it a wheel tax. Those guys ( the cartel), rob everyone in this town. Bob, do you natural gas with the city of Lebanon? I got my June bill, zero gas used but a 20 dollar charge. Sure wish we had Middle Tn Gas. There fee is $5 for zero use. Watch out up there, it is armed robbery. Now the cartel wants us to go vote in November for the Craighead Tax. Are they kidding. TN already has the highest sales tax in the US. The next time you go up there, maybe you ride in the Lebanon Police Dept. Tank. No kidding, they have a tank. Wonder why they have 2.5 million deficit. Bob, you should run for city council. Serve 2 terms and you and your family get healthcare for life. That would be worth a million plus if you were elected as a young man and had 7 kids like Rob Cisenero.
I am going back to the bunker now.
Loves Lebanon

United States

#11 Jul 14, 2012
Well, Lebanon is an OK town-- but it ain't under control... if ya know what I mean.... The city authorities are 'lais sez faire' If it is not in there face, it don't get dealt with. They talk the talk>>> but don't walk the walk... Just know, it is more important for the Mayor of the fair city to be in the paper with his picture, than to really handle any problem.... so I advise you to go live near him.... Then you can be in his face and "might"....might be safer... but have less money in your pocket--- he does like taxes... Lib....(watch your wallet)And go figure what you really get for it?..Otherwise.... Live here and enjoy and heed the advice of others on where to actually buy/rent a house.... Welcome!
be alert

Lebanon, TN

#12 Jul 14, 2012
also new to area wrote:
What kind of neighborhood is the Beasley Bend Road and West Richmond Shop Road areas?
both are still good area's from what I have heard lately, My brother use to live on Beasley Bend and only problem was he was burglarized once but that can happen anywhere. Be armed and have a good alarm
MrBob

United States

#13 Jul 15, 2012
be alert wrote:
<quoted text> both are still good area's from what I have heard lately, My brother use to live on Beasley Bend and only problem was he was burglarized once but that can happen anywhere. Be armed and have a good alarm
Yes, Beasley's Bend is a good area, great neighbors, everyone watches out for each other. I hope Mayor Craighead (cartel) does not annex "the bend". He is looking for a place to build a
50 million dollar hockey stadium and some dumb tax payers to pay for it.
any homes for sale

Kurtistown, HI

#14 Jul 15, 2012
Does anyone know of any homes/lots for sale that are priced around 65 -70 thousand dollars. I may be moving/relocating to Lebanon and I dont have alot to spend for a new place. I also need a pet friendly neighborhood. I have been looking at real estate brochures but havent really found anything that I can afford so far.
thinkaboutit

Nashville, TN

#15 Jul 16, 2012
You might need to head further east for that price range. Check Watertown or even further Alexandria or Brush Creek area.
any homes for sale

Chapel Hill, NC

#16 Jul 16, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
You might need to head further east for that price range. Check Watertown or even further Alexandria or Brush Creek area.
Thank you greatly for your advice. I kinda was thinking that I may not be able to find a place in Lebanon, but those areas that you mentioned will still be close enough to work in Lebanon.
thinkaboutit

Nashville, TN

#17 Jul 16, 2012
That is exactly what I had to do and a 20 minute commute really isn't that bad considering....
any homes for sale

Elgin, SC

#18 Jul 16, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
That is exactly what I had to do and a 20 minute commute really isn't that bad considering....
No it sure isn't. Which town do you live in?
mee

Parsons, TN

#19 Jul 17, 2012
Bethpage. Lots of great homes for sale. I've lived here for 3 years now and love it. Quiet, peacefull, clean
thinkaboutit

Nashville, TN

#20 Jul 17, 2012
Brush Creek and it is so peaceful and to me worth the drive to be out in the country in the peace and quiet.
any homes for sale

United States

#21 Jul 18, 2012
thinkaboutit wrote:
Brush Creek and it is so peaceful and to me worth the drive to be out in the country in the peace and quiet.
What type of utility services (water/cable etc.) do you have there and are there convenient stores and gas stations in that area? Also are there restrictions for pets?
any homes for sale

United States

#22 Jul 18, 2012
mee wrote:
Bethpage. Lots of great homes for sale. I've lived here for 3 years now and love it. Quiet, peacefull, clean
How far is this located from Lebanon?
thinkaboutit

Nashville, TN

#23 Jul 18, 2012
It's about 20 miles from Lebanon. I have Alexandria Water, Upper Cumberland Electric, Middle TN Natural Gas and DTC is the phone provider. I have Charter for cable/internet but DTC also provides cable/internet. As far a convenient stores/gas, Alexandria has 1 market and 1 grocery store which sells gas and also a Dollar Store. I usually just gas up in Lebanon before heading home. Watertown is 10 miles away also with gas, etc.
any homes for sale

Asheboro, NC

#24 Jul 18, 2012
Thank you so much for all of this information. Do you know of available property for sale there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mae Beavers for Governor? (May '17) 1 hr peter 11
Jessica Scruggs 13 hr Just saying 6
Is Watertown a good place to live? (Oct '13) Tue atoz 12
New Owners of Lebanon Marine Rude! Mon Tada 25
Erin Smith (Dec '15) Dec 11 Yeehae 10
The murder of my father can never be erased!!!!... Dec 11 Regina Brazil Harris 10
Kendra Belcher Dec 10 Trousdale native 1

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lebanon Mortgages