Lebanon police are investigating a mu...

Lebanon police are investigating a murder

There are 128 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Oct 24, 2010, titled Lebanon police are investigating a murder. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

Lebanon police are investigating a homicide that occurred on the city's north side early this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
WowZorz

Lebanon, PA

#1 Oct 24, 2010
Yet another reason to become a responsible gun owner in this city. Take responsibility for your own self protection, purchase a concealment permit, and a firearm. Be Safe Law Abiders.
OH OKAY

Lebanon, PA

#2 Oct 24, 2010
"It does not appear to be gang or drug related at this point. It appears to be an altercation over something that initially resulted in a fight, then somebody pulled the weapon and discharged it," he said.

So, what was that "something" if it wasn't drugs or gang related that caused the altercation? Enlighten us! Lebanon is in such denial!
lady v

Lebanon, PA

#3 Oct 24, 2010
my heart goes out to the family
this is a messed up situation and how things happened.
i don't know what the town of Lebanon is coming to because i was raised here and this town was a good environment to live in now if feel that if i go outside with my kids i have to keep looking back and over my shoulder to make sure there wasn't any problems...and now my kids are being raised here...with all the violence that is going on i should of just moved to New York city and live with the violence...i feel that since it was some Hispanics that did the shooting...now all of us Hispanics has to live with a messed up reputation.
lady v

Lebanon, PA

#4 Oct 24, 2010
Lebanon is not in denial that is one thing for sure.
This town is just not the way it used to be...yes we know about the all the violence, drugs, murders that happen here...but its not the towns fault, the police or some of us citizens...its just all the outsider that are coming into this town and messing things up for all of us...I am a 30 yr. old Hispanic that was raised in Lebanon and now I am raising my children here...it doesn't mean that I am gonna go and tell my children yes go and do the drugs, kill someone, or and do any type of violences, or harm to anyone.
What I am trying to say is that since this whole indecent happened and yes it was some Hispanics that was involved it doesn't mean that we are the same...or that the Hispanic community should be treated like crap.
Funky Tut

Rheems, PA

#5 Oct 24, 2010
Someone there knows this scumbag's name but the ridiculous 'no snitch' culture is going to let this thing go unsolved until it's too late and someone else gets taken out by this p.o.s.

This is what your 'no snitch' mentality (or lack thereof) gets you...streets running with blood and idiots running your town with threats of violence.

The irony? Snitching is the only thing that actually scares these losers. Use it against them and you can take back your home, street, block and city while they rot in a cell where they belong.

You also need to start policing your culture when it is allowed to promote violence and stupidity. When parents groom their kids to act like tough guys without a brain in their head this is the world you create around you. Glamoring the idiotic only leads to disaster.
LouAnne

United States

#6 Oct 24, 2010
lady v wrote:
Lebanon is not in denial that is one thing for sure.
This town is just not the way it used to be...yes we know about the all the violence, drugs, murders that happen here...but its not the towns fault, the police or some of us citizens...its just all the outsider that are coming into this town and messing things up for all of us...I am a 30 yr. old Hispanic that was raised in Lebanon and now I am raising my children here...it doesn't mean that I am gonna go and tell my children yes go and do the drugs, kill someone, or and do any type of violences, or harm to anyone.
What I am trying to say is that since this whole indecent happened and yes it was some Hispanics that was involved it doesn't mean that we are the same...or that the Hispanic community should be treated like crap.
Lady V, I agree with you all the way - and I'm white.

There are many, many people in this area who conveniently forget that there are white people who commit the same crimes.

Crime comes in all colors...

caring friend

Lebanon, PA

#7 Oct 24, 2010
My heart goes out to the family, He was a good person always had a smile and made me smile when I seen him he will be missed by so many. On another note being a nurse I would really love to know WHY his body was lying under a white cloth for 5 1/2 hrs? Is that really needed, I hate to think that the family had to endure that their brother was lying there for that long. I understand that the police need to do their investigation and forensics but isn't that why they do the drawing so that the body isn't lying in that state for hrs? That is wrong on so many levels.
tired

United States

#8 Oct 24, 2010
I know this man and his family very well and it is a shame they are good people knowing him he was probably sticking up for someone or was trying to break a fight or argument up i hope they find the lowlife who did this and put this family at peace its just ashame
caring friend

Lebanon, PA

#9 Oct 24, 2010
tired wrote:
I know this man and his family very well and it is a shame they are good people knowing him he was probably sticking up for someone or was trying to break a fight or argument up i hope they find the lowlife who did this and put this family at peace its just ashame
AGREE 100% That Is the type of person he was
DAM

Lancaster, PA

#10 Oct 24, 2010
i think its crazy how all these punks in lebanon think theyre so tough because they walk around with guns. if you think your a man because u have a gun then put the gun down and duke it out with someone one on one and after the fight is over walk away. theyre no reason to kill someone because u got ur @$$ beat. take ur beating like a man and not a b!tch.
d dog

Lebanon, PA

#11 Oct 24, 2010
caring friend wrote:
My heart goes out to the family, He was a good person always had a smile and made me smile when I seen him he will be missed by so many. On another note being a nurse I would really love to know WHY his body was lying under a white cloth for 5 1/2 hrs? Is that really needed, I hate to think that the family had to endure that their brother was lying there for that long. I understand that the police need to do their investigation and forensics but isn't that why they do the drawing so that the body isn't lying in that state for hrs? That is wrong on so many levels.
You watch way too much tv hun
so sad

Lebanon, PA

#12 Oct 24, 2010
this is a very sad situation. I didn't know this man, but from reading the comments it sounds like he was a good person who was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time! My thoughts go out to all who are hurting!
nut

United States

#13 Oct 24, 2010
WowZorz wrote:
Yet another reason to become a responsible gun owner in this city. Take responsibility for your own self protection, purchase a concealment permit, and a firearm. Be Safe Law Abiders.
Why stop at more handguns on the streets. How about a tank ?
Wow

Lebanon, PA

#14 Oct 24, 2010
caring friend wrote:
My heart goes out to the family, He was a good person always had a smile and made me smile when I seen him he will be missed by so many. On another note being a nurse I would really love to know WHY his body was lying under a white cloth for 5 1/2 hrs? Is that really needed, I hate to think that the family had to endure that their brother was lying there for that long. I understand that the police need to do their investigation and forensics but isn't that why they do the drawing so that the body isn't lying in that state for hrs? That is wrong on so many levels.
Totally agree with you there! Why did he have to lay there for so long.:(
Not drug related

Morgantown, PA

#15 Oct 24, 2010
What I've heard from different people gossiping that apparently know this person and/or their family - the argument was over a female. I did go to school with three of his siblings (but I did not know the victim) and they weren't "bad kids". They all did normal teenage "stuff" and I don't think they were ever in trouble with the law. May he RIP. Peace to his family. This is tragic.
screw them all

Lebanon, PA

#16 Oct 24, 2010
Check out Michael Harpers record. 6 felony assaults while being drunk and disorderly. And by the way, five and half hours is only to long for tying up traffic and committing city and county resources to these p.o.s. who have found a way to drain taxpayers not only in life, but even in death. Let them all kill each other, refuse to cooperate and free up taxpayers money to bulldoze the slums!
a friend of the family

Rheems, PA

#17 Oct 24, 2010
to the person "screw them all" obviosly you have no feeling whatsoever...do you have a mother? father? brothe? sister? any kind of family or close friend??? obviosly these people are hurting in this time of bereavement and you like to talk all of this jazz about p.o.s.? perhaps you my friend are exactly that??? im guessing that you have never had to greive the loss of a loved one....granted alot of people like to talk shit...but you are a great one. I am a tax payer and a hard working mother..and i am glad that they investigate things to the fullest....at least one cant complain where is their money going...did you know him personally??? how do you have the right to call him a slum? did that make you feel better???? I fell so bad for you Maria...Haydee....Evie...n Junito.....who its gotta be especially hard for you junito...today you are celebrating another year of your life and the loss of your brothers....you are all in my thoughts. I hope they catch the person that did this to you to keep our streets as safe as possible...and so you can RIP Lelo.
Really

Rheems, PA

#18 Oct 24, 2010
OH OKAY wrote:
"It does not appear to be gang or drug related at this point. It appears to be an altercation over something that initially resulted in a fight, then somebody pulled the weapon and discharged it," he said.
So, what was that "something" if it wasn't drugs or gang related that caused the altercation? Enlighten us! Lebanon is in such denial!
Tell the police that there are no gangs! Thats what they say!
Really

Rheems, PA

#19 Oct 24, 2010
DAM wrote:
i think its crazy how all these punks in lebanon think theyre so tough because they walk around with guns. if you think your a man because u have a gun then put the gun down and duke it out with someone one on one and after the fight is over walk away. theyre no reason to kill someone because u got ur @$$ beat. take ur beating like a man and not a b!tch.
Totally agree with that. Mamas boys now a days only know how to shoot or knife someone....such pansies!
sam

United States

#20 Oct 24, 2010
one less piece of trash in lebanon! congradulations. keep up the good work!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
William Penn Bar & Restaurant Lebanon,PA. May 20 Hotdog 1
HI-Tech Concrete Coatings May 19 Meatballs 1
News PA race tighter-than-tight; Dem claims win, GOP... Apr '18 ardith 3
News Peggy Reber exhumed (May '08) Apr '18 Joshua Weiser 187
News BREAKING NEWS: Grand jury releases report on Pe... (Jul '09) Apr '18 Mad as hell 251
News Sam's Diner opens in Annville Apr '18 Bob 1
Zach coomer Mar '18 Masiolpa 1

Lebanon Jobs

Personal Finance

Lebanon Mortgages