Church buys, begins renovating Bahney House

Fireplace Christian Fellowship volunteer Tim Horst of Myerstown takes down old siding on the Bahney House to expose the original wood and paint. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Money Pit

Lebanon, PA

#1 Nov 26, 2010
This project will be belly up in about one year from today give or take. Good luck!
Donna

Lebanon, PA

#2 Nov 26, 2010
Comments, like Mr Money Pit, will just make us fight harder through the obstacles. How about putting your money where your mouth is and donating to the cause, Mr Money Pit?
Thomas Paine

Harrisburg, PA

#3 Nov 26, 2010
Will they be enjoying tax free status?
Just Wondering

Lebanon, PA

#4 Nov 26, 2010
Hotel or Halfway house...wonder what the truth will be???
TP Hater

Auburn, PA

#5 Nov 26, 2010
Thomas Paine wrote:
I thought your old bigoted, hateful ass shriveled up and went away!
I wonder too

Dover, PA

#6 Nov 26, 2010
I'm wondering, too. IS THIS GOING TO BE A HALFWAY HOUSE? And if so, don't those things have to pass through hoops first, like zoning or community discussion, public meetings? What's flying under the radar here?

Anyone who sees how "god's children" act in the parking lot behind that new gym they built really has to wonder what the "adult" version renting rooms is going to be like. Seriously, what's going on here?
Archie

Lebanon, PA

#7 Nov 26, 2010
Thomas Paine wrote:
Of course they are going to make the property tax-exempt. Why do you think that they are doing this under the auspices of the church? I'll bet that the Western Auto building is tax exempt. I'll bet that the Bethel-Mt. Aetna telephone company building is tax exempt. Now the Bahney House and the Rat Hole beneath it will be tax exempt too. I saw that program on You Tube to raise funds and it give you the impression that they are using God as a marketing tool the same way that these televangelists do. If Myerstown needs two youth ministries within a two block area and now the Bahney House between them, what does that say about Myerstown if the community needs that much infrastructure to support all of the troubled kids in the area? And now the Bahney House is going to be put between them in some similar capacity.
Archie

Lebanon, PA

#8 Nov 26, 2010
If all of the business people in this community who have disposable income or disposable assets to donate to a project like this would have been using that income and those assets over the course of their lives to pay the people who work for them a better wage, then maybe there would not be so many situations in the community for them to feel that they have to fix.
Thomas Paine

Harrisburg, PA

#9 Nov 26, 2010
TP Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I am old, but my ass is not shriveled and any time you would like kiss it , let me know.
Halfway There

Lebanon, PA

#10 Nov 26, 2010
I wonder too wrote:
I'm wondering, too. IS THIS GOING TO BE A HALFWAY HOUSE? And if so, don't those things have to pass through hoops first, like zoning or community discussion, public meetings? What's flying under the radar here?
Anyone who sees how "god's children" act in the parking lot behind that new gym they built really has to wonder what the "adult" version renting rooms is going to be like. Seriously, what's going on here?
If the Fireplace is going to get a halfway house, then rest assured that On Fire will want one too. What the Bahney House becomes will only be the first of its kind in Myerstown.

Of course it is flying under the radar. How else does anything fly in the eastern end of the county. It flys like a blind chicken trying to take flight in a drainage pipe. At the other end of the pipe you have a whole bunch of feathers and a chicken that has been beaten up from bouncing off of the walls.

And if the Myerstown ELCO Rotary Club gets involved then it will really fly under the radar. Then the chicken will just walk but won't be able to figure out how to get to the other end of the pipe. And the borough coucil will just rubber stamp it and psuh it through.
Dominion

Lebanon, PA

#11 Nov 26, 2010
You people are so negative! Give this a chance. This group is doing more than most of you do, which is complain. Good deeds have much more of an impact than your harsh words. Have any of you been in the BH before it was condemmed? I applaud these people for stepping up. Now if the ELCO school board wakes up and sells off the old school the boro can start seeing some much needed tax revenue. Oh, I also believe this building will not be tax exempt.
pest control

Lebanon, PA

#12 Nov 26, 2010
TP Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
right on, brother!
ellie

Lancaster, PA

#13 Nov 26, 2010
Go Patriots!!!
Parking Lot

Lebanon, PA

#14 Nov 26, 2010
If the "Church" really wants to help the people of Myerstown they should put the wrecking ball to this place and create some parking spaces for the thriving downtown area. Gimme a break,
Angel Hernandez

Lebanon, PA

#15 Nov 26, 2010
Dominion wrote:
You people are so negative! Give this a chance. This group is doing more than most of you do, which is complain. Good deeds have much more of an impact than your harsh words. Have any of you been in the BH before it was condemmed? I applaud these people for stepping up. Now if the ELCO school board wakes up and sells off the old school the boro can start seeing some much needed tax revenue. Oh, I also believe this building will not be tax exempt.
How did ELCO School Board get dragged into this debate? Thanks to the old board, don't they have enough on their own plates?

This youth ministry stuff around here seems like it is a contest between those two Kline brothers. One does something then the other one has to do the same thing to try to keep up. If I recall, didn't On Fire want some sort of housing for troubled youth a few years ago? Now Fireplace is trying to do the same thing. Not sure what to think of either of these groups but I'd stick by the Kline brother who milks cows and has all of those boys. He seems like the leader of the two and he never made himself a whole lot of trouble to overcome either. And that may be his whole problem. He is such a nice guy and his boys are so polite and well-behaved that you have to wonder if he knows what to do with all of the troubled kids that he is trying to reach. If more people who had kids raised them the way that he did, maybe there would be no need for a place for troubled kids.
oh my

United States

#16 Nov 26, 2010
The 3rd & 4th floors are haunted....you better plan an exorcism before renovations....seriously !!!
I wonder too

Dover, PA

#17 Nov 26, 2010
No, we are not being negative, we are concerned. If this is going to be a halfway house for church sponsored fresh out of jail addicts, felons, megan's listers, etc.- I'd like to know. The community has a right to know, church or no church, what kind of people are going to be residing there, how many, for how long, and also how are the owners or managers planning to handle potential disruptions and problems?

I see nothing wrong with them "doing the lord's work" just don't do it at the expense of everyone else living here.
Jesus Freak

York, PA

#18 Nov 26, 2010
Too all those who are againts this project and hate the thought of it,need to wake up and stop complaining and relize how much better Myerstown will be for it.
A Light

Lebanon, PA

#19 Nov 26, 2010
If you are concerned about what and who will be residing at the Bahney House, once the restoration is complete. Why don't you stop by some Saturday during work days, and ask them directly. Instead of criticizing them, and thinking on the 'what if's'. Check it out, ask questions! I'm sure they'd love to talk to you. You just might see that God is directing their paths!
GTL

Pitman, PA

#20 Nov 26, 2010
Where can I get a beer now, where will all the bees go

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tire company employees accused of spying via e-... (Feb '11) Oct 22 stinky lady 70
Brian Hendricks of Lebanon charged with fraud, ... (Jul '13) Oct 21 Any INFO 7
Review: Greble Scrap Recycling & U Pull IT Yard Oct 20 The Ak47 2
Lebanon detective removed from drug task force (Apr '12) Oct 20 notyourliesR 40
Ex-city cop found dead (Feb '11) Oct 18 su-ad_kcuf 637
Court: Lebanon man accused in sex assault case ... Oct 15 lady 1
Third suspect in South Lebanon murder captured Oct 9 lady 2
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lebanon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebanon