Driver charged in crash that killed l...

Driver charged in crash that killed local man

There are 38 comments on the Lebanon Daily News story from Feb 3, 2011, titled Driver charged in crash that killed local man. In it, Lebanon Daily News reports that:

A 20-year-old Lebanon woman who was driving a car that crashed in Monroe County on New Year's Day, killing her passenger, was charged Thursday with homicide by vehicle while driving under the influence of alcohol.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lebanon Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WhoDidntKnowThat

Lebanon, PA

#1 Feb 3, 2011
When will they learn??
Michelle

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Feb 3, 2011
WhoDidntKnowThat wrote:
When will they learn??
that would be NEVER! especially when there is no serious repercussions for their actions.
CRYSTALS R BAD NEWS

Sunbury, PA

#3 Feb 3, 2011
watch out for young girls named crystal.
Phredd

Lebanon, PA

#4 Feb 4, 2011
Was there not a case in Lebanon County involving an under-age female driver of a pickup in which a man was thrown from the truck and killed; and while the driver had consumed alcohol, the Lebanon County DA declined to prosecute because there was no established blood-alcohol lever for under 21 year-old drivers??

And what about Autumn Grohowski? SAD

Lebanon County appears to be the place to drink if you are going to drive!
SO SAD

Myerstown, PA

#5 Feb 4, 2011
It is so sad, that people feel the need to drink and drive, and in this case it took the life of one person.
Someone

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Feb 4, 2011
What about the people who provided the alcohol?
Gracie

Naples, FL

#7 Feb 4, 2011
Its about time they start to seriously charge underage drinkers with more than just a slap on the wrist.
1) Charge the 20 year old with underage drinking;
2) Charge the 20 year old with DUI, and
3) Charge the 20 year olf with wreckless/homicide.

Charge it as it is. No backing out. No lesser of a charge. It is what it is.
someone

Lebanon, PA

#8 Feb 4, 2011
Dont yous ever think about how yous are making Crystal feel? Do you think she meant to kill him, dont yous think shes going through enough crap right now.. Im pretty sure its really hard for her, yous are all really rude.. she made a mistake, yous all needa stop really... And if you read this Crystal, Keep your head up i know it hurts alot.
inxs

York, PA

#9 Feb 4, 2011
someone wrote:
Dont yous ever think about how yous are making Crystal feel? Do you think she meant to kill him, dont yous think shes going through enough crap right now.. Im pretty sure its really hard for her, yous are all really rude.. she made a mistake, yous all needa stop really... And if you read this Crystal, Keep your head up i know it hurts alot.
Wow, is this a serious post? I mean, I'm just asking yous?
wow

York, PA

#10 Feb 4, 2011
someone wrote:
Well, we KNOW how she made the dead guy feel, huh! BTW, you are an idiot
Mamma

United States

#11 Feb 4, 2011
inxs wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, is this a serious post? I mean, I'm just asking yous?
I hate to say it, but I feel like I just wasted the past minute of my life trying to read that post.

If she has a conscience, no matter how much prison time she serves, she'll have to live with it in her head for the rest of her life. Sounds just as bad, if not worse than prison.
not judging

Lebanon, PA

#12 Feb 4, 2011
sooo very easy to judge people isn't it? especially when you don't know the person or the whole story - I'm sorry I thought that was god's job, good thing he's the only one that matters...people really need to get a life instead of posting comments about things they know nothing about except what they read (oh and by all means believe everything you see)
CRYSTALS R BAD NEWS

Wyoming, PA

#13 Feb 4, 2011
someone wrote:
Dont yous ever think about how yous are making Crystal feel?

Do you think she meant to kill him, dont yous think shes going through enough crap right now.. Im pretty sure its really hard for her, yous are all really rude..

she made a mistake, yous all needa stop really...

And if you read this Crystal, Keep your head up i know it hurts alot.
I wonder if crstal's DEAD boyfriend feels bad, seeing how he's lookin down with jeesus and seeing how hurt she is n all.

yeah, poor crystal is going thrugh worst stuff than the dead feller.

if you read this, crystal keep you know... head...stuff.
CRYSTALS R BAD NEWS

Wyoming, PA

#14 Feb 4, 2011
Mamma wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to say it, but I feel like I just wasted the past minute of my life trying to read that post.
If she has a conscience, no matter how much prison time she serves, she'll have to live with it in her head for the rest of her life. Sounds just as bad, if not worse than prison.
mamma, don't name your daughters crystal.
just me

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 Feb 4, 2011
She made a mistake and killed her boyfriend. There is no reason to drink drunk at 6 a.m. on new years day. I don't know if she made the decision to go home or if he did, but either way, someone should have stopped them. There's a lesson for every mistake and this lesson should be jail time.
Someone

Lebanon, PA

#17 Feb 4, 2011
CRYSTALS R BAD NEWS wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if crstal's DEAD boyfriend feels bad, seeing how he's lookin down with jeesus and seeing how hurt she is n all.
yeah, poor crystal is going thrugh worst stuff than the dead feller.
if you read this, crystal keep you know... head...stuff.
Or maybe her bf shouldn't of provided her with alcohol either. If she is at fault for dui homicide, the people who provided an underage youth alcohol and allowed her to drive should also be responsible.
Someone

Lebanon, PA

#18 Feb 4, 2011
It should say bf/friends. She should of never attempted to drive and someone/persons should of never provided alcohol to an underage.
CRYSTALS R BAD NEWS

Wyoming, PA

#19 Feb 5, 2011
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe her bf shouldn't of provided her with alcohol either. If she is at fault for dui homicide, the people who provided an underage youth alcohol and allowed her to drive should also be responsible.
So, it's the 26 year old DEAD bf's fault for gettin crystal as drunk as a skank, i mean, skunk. Maybe he put a gun to her head at the time.

Crystal needs some hugs and good lovin to get over this bad time. Prison lesbians will be giving her plenty of both.
hitt that

Lancaster, PA

#20 Feb 5, 2011
yes well, although i feel bad for crystal and the families involved, how many classes did we take together in highschool giving the message "dont drink and drive" how many times???? and yet they are still dumb enough to do it. Look at those two kids who just died jake and josh? or whatever their names are that went to elco. They were drinking and driving where they not? do they not understand what DONT DRINK AND DRIVE MEANS??? How dumb do you have to be??? To put yourself in a situation in which this would occur, shame on you and shame on the parents for not knowing where their children are. For not pushing it into thier little pea brains that you shouldnt drink and drive. Common Sence for some of us, but i guess not all of us.
JustWondering

Lebanon, PA

#21 Feb 5, 2011
not judging wrote:
sooo very easy to judge people isn't it? especially when you don't know the person or the whole story - I'm sorry I thought that was god's job, good thing he's the only one that matters...people really need to get a life instead of posting comments about things they know nothing about except what they read (oh and by all means believe everything you see)
Ummm, by saying that people really need to get a life instead of posting comments, aren't you judging those people??? Don't just talk the talk. Actually walk the walk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lebanon County Corrupt Judges (May '09) 22 hr Rachel Vaughan 151
Rita Hirsch Thu AP news 1
Landlord/tenant May 18 Concerned-alarmed 1
News police, fire log - 8/7 (Aug '10) May 11 xxx 14
Review: On The Corner Grocery (Oct '12) May 10 sharon white 18
News Dixie reunion plans rev up (Jun '11) May 6 Cynnene Halsell J... 37
Local Politics Do you approve of Sherry Capello as Mayor? May 1 norman brodlic 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lebanon Mortgages