“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#78789 Mar 23, 2013
TreeStump73 wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie was "Remember the Titans" and yes a very good movie based on a true story. It is amazing what people can overcome when they come together. And I agree letís make this post something positive instead of negative and/or destructive. How about it you all?
I am all for it. But just remember: You are dumber than a stump!

“Let it roll on down the”

Since: Mar 13

the highway. BTO

#78790 Mar 23, 2013
got power wrote:
<quoted text>
So I see you thrive on drama and BS. This childish little post proves that. You can't get a rise out of me for I am way above you. I am a better man than you will ever be and that just burns you to the core so you try to bring good men like me into your owns pits of hell that you live for be so miserable. The way I see it is a "swing and a miss but thanks for playing" Nice try though. You sir need a life and need not be jealous of us that have them. So tonight as I play and suck on her 36DD's,,,,,,,,, I won't think of you at all! I will just have fun and a blast. LMAO
Save your breath for I think you made need it with your girlfriend. These idiots only look for people that they can fire up or get to bite from. I mean just look at the thread, it is over two years old and they still hang out in here spewing crap and that alone says enough. I come here from time to time just for a little laugh. I also go to carnivals from time to time to see the clowns there (not much of a difference here). Well you have fun tonight. Myself I see you as a lucky guy if what you say is true.

“On Nov. 4 -- NO Tea Party”

Since: Sep 09

Say "NO" to TeaPub Elephants!

#78791 Mar 23, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text> ... It amazes me why people can't see what is going on. I can't believe all the Democrats agree with Obama! They are just worried about getting re-elected....
Oh yes, they will want to take guns from everybody next....
1. I have voted for some Republicans, but Reagan and Bush43 cured me of that practice! The current "crop" of Neo-CONs are even worse than Reagan and Bush43. Until moderate Republicans can throw the extremist right-wing radicals out of the "Grand Old Party," the Neo-CONs will continue their record of never being elected.

2. Nobody is taking your guns, "Norton." First of all, you don't have any, and secondly nobody has ever taken any from you. Stop believing all that "Fox News" tells you. Half of it is false.

the highway. BTO

#78792 Mar 23, 2013
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Mister Roberts
You are like a two legged horse, LAME AS CAN BE!! lol

“The strength of science is”

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#78793 Mar 23, 2013
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats are the ones destroying their party. I don't know what they stand for anymore. They believe in abortion, gay marriage, totally overspending us into bankruptcy, and it goes on and on. Yes, I think Obamacare is a bad thing and it will cause many people to lose their jobs. I know technology is causing loss of other jobs too. We sure don't want a theological dictatorship. That would mean Sharia Law for sure. The Democratic party seems to want people to be dependent on the government. They also want to invade our privacy.
NO, it is nobody's fault that I am on a fixed income. I just hate things being overpriced and I feel like the government screwed with social security funds, as well as others. They waste more money on stupid stuff. That is one reason we are in a mess. When I go to the grocery store and things cost two times more than they did 3-4 years ago, something is wrong. I hear many, many people complaining.........not just me. People that have plenty of money don't have a clue! I just think things should be fair.....and they are not! If the President can lie, I suppose the rest of them think it's OK. They think we are so stupid we won't know it.
It amazes me why people can't see what is going on. I can't believe all the Democrats agree with Obama! They are just worried about getting re-elected. Well, come 2016.......good luck!
Oh yes, they will want to take guns from everybody next.
CHEERS!
Actually, Republicans have spent more than Democrats and part of what you are calling Democratic spending is interest on the debts racked up by Republicans. Sure some things are more expensive, but some things aren't. Some of that has nothing to do with who is in office. For instance the drought last year drove grain prices up and everything related rose in price as well. Are you saying that Democrats are so powerful they control the weather and as a result grain prices?

Again, how do technological advances that affect jobs in certain areas related to Obama's healthcare? That makes no sense. I will point out that while technology may eliminate the need for jobs in one area, jobs and whole new areas of the economy are created by these advances. Healthcare laws are legal and political issues that are unrelated to technological advances anywhere. You seem confused. Science and technology are keystones that have supported the growth of this great nation.

Interesting you choose the one religion that has less of a foothold in creating a theocracy in the U.S. than the fundamentalist Christian effort that is in this country and has made tremendous effort to that end. You are right though, we don't want a theocracy in this country, whether it be Christian, Muslim, or any other religion. Your side keeps trying though.

Let me see, neoconservatives believe in the worship of money, pandering fear, lies, hatred for and fear of change, hatred for and fear of other races, creeds, and religions, hatred of their fellow citizens who have a right to think differently than they do. Look at this thread. I have a different opinion of things and instead of discussing those differences, I am constantly attacked, ridiculed, threatened, and every attempt is made to crush my Constitutional right to free speech. These are actions perpetrated by avowed conservatives frequenting this thread. You yourself hold your religious beliefs up as a weapon to beat people with in a manner never exercised by Christ. Christ was actually, imprisoned, stabbed and crucified and his words were for forgiveness, while yours are of anger, fear and retribution. This is one of the reasons I am concerned about theocracies. They never turn out to be about God's word.

Norton, whether I agree with you are not, never stop throwing logs on the fire. Build it up and let it burn. When you stop and others stop we all lose.

the highway. BTO

#78794 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I am all for it. But just remember: You are dumber than a stump!
And again you show your ignorance. He has the right answer to a simple question trying to change the BS in here and you just try to show our @zz. I succumb to you dog. You are the King. King of the idiots! What a joke you are. LMBO

founded in facts.

#78795 Mar 23, 2013
got power wrote:
<quoted text>
So I see you thrive on drama and BS. This childish little post proves that. You can't get a rise out of me for I am way above you. I am a better man than you will ever be and that just burns you to the core so you try to bring good men like me into your owns pits of hell that you live for be so miserable. The way I see it is a "swing and a miss but thanks for playing" Nice try though. You sir need a life and need not be jealous of us that have them. So tonight as I play and suck on her 36DD's,,,,,,,,, I won't think of you at all! I will just have fun and a blast. LMAO
Lord if you are making out with a shemale, I don't want you to think anything about me.

Folks this is what you call confirmation. My response to her post sent rage into her heart and the above response tells me all I need to know about how P.O.'d I made her.

the highway. BTO

#78796 Mar 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Norton, whether I agree with you are not, never stop throwing logs on the fire. Build it up and let it burn. When you stop and others stop we all lose.
Norton I agree with Stump. You feed his fire. I could go on but I won't feed his sadistic little fire anymore

the highway. BTO

#78797 Mar 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Lord if you are making out with a shemale, I don't want you to think anything about me.
Folks this is what you call confirmation. My response to her post sent rage into her heart and the above response tells me all I need to know about how P.O.'d I made her.
You are pathedic. He shut you down and out and you could not rattle him and you still try to make it look like you won. But then again I have to give you credit. Not many live in dreamland as you do. LMBO

the highway. BTO

#78799 Mar 23, 2013
Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanna hear something really funny about Danielle?
A few weeks back Dawg told us about a guy named Dan who is from Smithville that use to post on here. But it's not the DanFromSmithville you see now. Apparently this "DanFromsmithville" fell in love with that Dan from Smithville and has been posting using a name that expresses his obsession with him for over 2 years now.
You talk about jealous. It doesn't get much more sad, jealous, and pathetic then that. DanielleFromSmithville takes "get a life" to an entire new level of sad.
He also thinks that anyone who smacks him or his boyfriend Yellow Dawg around is this other Dan in disguise. He probably already thinks you are.
And no offence meant but what are you doing besides adding another log to their fire?? You make them burn bigger.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#78800 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Well, DFS, I can find fault with it. As background, most all of our schools are designated "gun free zones." Why? The mere PRESENCE of guns is a threat, because a gun is meant to be used. A gun has no mind of its own (although there may be the occasional misfire), so a gun is dependent upon the mental condition and ability of its holder. If we have thousands of paid or volunteer "guards" on "duty" at schools, there is NO DOUBT that their guns will be discharged. Some of these "guards" will be mentally unstable, despite the "psychological screenings," especially the "volunteers." There is basically something wrong with a person who is willing to volunteer half of his time around a school, "guarding" school children.
I will state my own opinion about these "guards": MORE school children (and teachers) will be shot by these guards than school children will be shot WITHOUT THE GUARDS.
Although such events are tragic, such school shootings are given a great amount of attention in the media and by the public. In actuality, relatively few school children are shot at schools during the school year. I once calculated the numbers, and it was perhaps 30 school children a year, throughout the United States. Bluntly, that is a small number. More bluntly, the mere presence of guards at schools will do little to minimize the threat, since many of the shooters are insane and will not be deterred significantly by "guards" sitting in the school cafeteria drinking coffee. These shooters are similar to guerillas: they can pick the time and place of their killings. They will consider the presence or absence of guards. If guards are present, they will know their routine and avoid them -- or merely go to another less-guarded school. In some cases, their FIRST target will be the "guard" himself.
In my opinion, the whole idea of "guards" at schools is "pie in the sky" fantasy in which many of the public THINK that "guards" will help the situation. Also, in my opinion, such "guards" will NOT help the situation, and in fact the presence of such "guards" will assure even more killings because of accidental shootings.
(Why did the NRA suggest three or four guards at all schools? Easy: it is good for NRA business.)
I have to agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm a gun owner and with military family members there are several guns around the house.

Still, guns and schools don't mix, JIMHO. One of my sons is enrolled in the local University, everyone registers their cellphones and in case of an emergency (tornado, gun-spree student, etc) ALL students can be notified at once. Also, the PD is immediately alerted and the entire campus goes into lockdown.

Prevention, precaution and emergency plans are what is needed, not more guns.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#78801 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
"RealClearPolitics" (RCP) takes polling results from various highly-rated US polling firms and calculates an average value, which theoretically is a better number than any of the polls taken individually.
Thus, as you point out, the number which "Zipper Weasel," in "scouring the bowels of the internet," comes up with, is probably farther from the mark than the "RCP" number.
These "anti-Obama" fanatics are psychologically unable to accept that their candidate lost. So we see a lot of "waffling," including the allegation that "the polls were rigged." (NJ governor Christie said it best, "Obama won because he got more votes than Romney.")
I must admit that I enjoy reading the "news from Podunk." It gives me insight regarding what and how these uneducated boobs think.
Yep, true....it takes all kinds and I'm a Podunk girl myself. I often shake my head over some of my fellow Missourians but I'd still rather live here it seems. Having lived in the deep South for several years, we're scandously liberal compared to some;0)

I've bookmarked the cite you provided, it looks like it has all kinds of interesting things.....when I get "a round tuit" that is, lol.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

#78804 Mar 23, 2013
Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Podunk girl AKA White trash
Correction, small town girl whose father fought in a war and was discharged honorably. He then proceeded to work a steady job until he retired. His wife was a stay at home mother of 4 children.

We all stayed on the honor roll at school and none of us has ever been arrested for anything. Now, we're all married and raised our children ourselves. If that's your definition of white trash, I'll accept it with a smile.

founded in facts.

#78805 Mar 23, 2013
TreeStump73 wrote:
<quoted text>
The movie was "Remember the Titans" and yes a very good movie based on a true story. It is amazing what people can overcome when they come together. And I agree letís make this post something positive instead of negative and/or destructive. How about it you all?
I started posting on Topix with an open mind and an interest in learning, discussion and debate. I was soon shown that this was not the interest of other posters on here. Largely it was those claiming to be conservative or Republican that were the most willing to attack and viciously as well. I have since shown them that they shouldn't have brought a knife to a gun fight. That was their mistake. Having seen this and the posts made by you, 10Four, Jokster/rePlayTime and Harvey and others, I don't think any offer of civility is given seriously or sincerely.
sallyann

Saint Louis, MO

#78806 Mar 23, 2013
go to vote right . com and you can see how all politicians vote. Steve Hodges voted that the president of the United States should not have to prove that he is an American citizen. He has recently hired a campaign manager from Chicago. Ill. this is the most corrupt state in the nation and he has brought one of the most liberal into Missouri. Why would anyone bring someone from the most corrupt, broke, anti-American values state in the nation to Missouri??
Just because the big people in his party picked him to run for congress doesn't mean he has to turn his back on us.

founded in facts.

#78807 Mar 23, 2013
Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
No different then you are. So come on down off your sanctimonious high horse and just worry about yourself. This is a free public forum, my time is my time as is yours, and how I spend it is my business. I chose to spend a few minutes each day riling up Dawg and his boyfriend Danielle for self entertainment.
You do? What time is that? I have been missing it.

Harv, if you are going to discipline your Angels, could you have the courtesy of doing it offline. It is very unprofessional.

founded in facts.

#78808 Mar 23, 2013
Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Podunk girl AKA White trash
There is nothing wrong with growing up in a small town and podunk does not mean white trash. I grew up outside of Detroit and went to school with Ted Nugent's daughter and have lived in other big cities around this country and I don't think it is where you live, but who you are that counts. You could have been raised in wealth in some of the most cosmopolitan cities on Earth and you would still be the vulgar, ignorant, clod that you are.

founded in facts.

#78809 Mar 23, 2013
sallyann wrote:
go to vote right . com and you can see how all politicians vote. Steve Hodges voted that the president of the United States should not have to prove that he is an American citizen. He has recently hired a campaign manager from Chicago. Ill. this is the most corrupt state in the nation and he has brought one of the most liberal into Missouri. Why would anyone bring someone from the most corrupt, broke, anti-American values state in the nation to Missouri??
Just because the big people in his party picked him to run for congress doesn't mean he has to turn his back on us.
The president has already shown that he was born in the United States. What more do you want, part of the placenta?

founded in facts.

#78810 Mar 23, 2013
10fourRogerThat wrote:
<quoted text>
You are pathedic. He shut you down and out and you could not rattle him and you still try to make it look like you won. But then again I have to give you credit. Not many live in dreamland as you do. LMBO
It didn't take long for your faux offer of civility to materialize in its real form did it.

If you don't live in dreamland, how do you know what the population is?

I like how you lied to Norton, because here you are throwing logs on the fire. LMFAO!!!

I did win with Norton by the way. Just like I have won here against you. To top it off. I didn't have to lie like you.
sallyann

Saint Louis, MO

#78811 Mar 23, 2013
I am not talking about that. I am stating that Hodges voted that anyone running for president of the U. S. doesn't have to prove citizenship. It is the law that the pres has to be a natural born citizen. Why would he vote against the law? Not democrat or republican but can't understand why he would vote this way when he above all should know the laws of the nation. Again I don't vote any party.
I just love this country as you probably do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Working in Lebanon, Missouri (Mar '14) Dec 22 larry 9
How to get a work visa for Dubai ? (Nov '09) Dec 21 James Smith 7
Debit card number thefts Dec 16 flo 4
Review: 2nd Street Army Surplus Dec 6 Sgt_Hooper 1
local anti-drug advocate ??? Nov '14 Albert 2
Debate: Marijuana - Lebanon, MO (Aug '10) Nov '14 Greener Grass 63
d johnson (Dec '13) Nov '14 guy 4
Lebanon Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lebanon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebanon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:02 pm PST

ESPN 5:02PM
Seahawks rout Rams, seal NFC's No. 1 seed
Bleacher Report 5:05 PM
Did the Chargers Choke Away Playoff Berth in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
St. Louis Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks: Full Report Card Grades for St. Louis
Yahoo! Sports 6:27 PM
Seahawks take NFC top seed, Packers and Panthers win
Bleacher Report 7:28 PM
Seahawks Clinch NFC's No. 1 Seed