Kirk & Meredith Blanchette : Walk acr...

Kirk & Meredith Blanchette : Walk across America for abused children

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Barbara M Wallen

New Haven, CT

#1 May 18, 2007
Does anyone know how far they are on their quest of walking across America?
sgwilliams

Brewster, NY

#2 Aug 18, 2007
They gave up several months ago after child support enforcement found them. Kirk had been neglecting his only son for years. They are now living in Florida somewhere.
Tampa Cover 2

AOL

#3 Feb 1, 2009
sgwilliams wrote:
They gave up several months ago after child support enforcement found them. Kirk had been neglecting his only son for years. They are now living in Florida somewhere.
They are currently living in Missoula, Montana
curious1

Canon City, CO

#4 Mar 30, 2009
Does anyone know their story?
Gloria

Norwich, CT

#5 May 7, 2009
curious1 wrote:
Does anyone know their story?
Well, since I'm Kirk's ex-wife and the mother of his only child, I know quite a bit. What specifically did you want to know?
I'm glad to hear that he's still alive. Our son will be VERY relieved!
Tampa Cover 2

AOL

#6 May 8, 2009
Gloria wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since I'm Kirk's ex-wife and the mother of his only child, I know quite a bit. What specifically did you want to know?
I'm glad to hear that he's still alive. Our son will be VERY relieved!
How old is your son? And is Kirk paying any child support?
Tampa Cover 2

AOL

#7 May 8, 2009
How old is your son? And is Kirk paying any child support at all? Did he get remarried?
Gloria

Norwich, CT

#8 May 10, 2009
Well, he's now 17, but Kirk hasn't paid the $40/week he is court ordered to for many years now. We don't care about the money, but Justin (our son) never knows if he's dead or alive when he doesn't hear from him for months at a time. Ya know? And he is the best kid you could ever want..
Tampa Cover 2

AOL

#9 May 10, 2009
God bless you and your son! I hope your son gets a chance to see his dad in the near future!
Gloria

Norwich, CT

#10 May 12, 2009
Tampa Cover 2 wrote:
God bless you and your son! I hope your son gets a chance to see his dad in the near future!
Thank you very much for your kind words. I've been married to the most wonderful man in the world for the past 10 years, so thankfully Justin has had a strong male role-model. And, regarding your question of whether or not Kirk re-married, the answer is yes. He's married to Meredith (who was part of the original newspaper story). They have been married for several years now. She is his fourth wife and she gave her children over to DCF in order to be with him. Can you imagine?
Tampa Cover 2

AOL

#11 May 13, 2009
Gloria wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much for your kind words. I've been married to the most wonderful man in the world for the past 10 years, so thankfully Justin has had a strong male role-model. And, regarding your question of whether or not Kirk re-married, the answer is yes. He's married to Meredith (who was part of the original newspaper story). They have been married for several years now. She is his fourth wife and she gave her children over to DCF in order to be with him. Can you imagine?
It's just too damn bad that somebody would give up their kids to be with somebody like Kirk. Sounds like Meredith has her priorities screwed up! I just couldn't even imagine! Thank God Justin has had a positive male role model in his life. Take care and God Bless you and your family.
Tampa Cover 2

AOL

#12 May 21, 2009
In about two weeks, Kirk and Meredith will be moving to North Conway,New Hampshire. Meredith has been working at the Super Wal-Mart in Missoula, Montana so she will be transfering to the Wal-Mart there.
Gloria

Norwich, CT

#13 May 22, 2009
Tampa Cover 2 wrote:
In about two weeks, Kirk and Meredith will be moving to North Conway,New Hampshire. Meredith has been working at the Super Wal-Mart in Missoula, Montana so she will be transfering to the Wal-Mart there.
Thank you SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION! I'll brace myself for a possible visit from him as they make their way through!(lol) But I know Justin will be relieved to see them. And one of these days I'd be very interested to know what their story is with YOU! But you're probably better off waiting until they are completely out of your life first.
Thank you again for all of your assistance! I appreciate it more than I could express.
Gloria
Tampa Cover 2

Missoula, MT

#14 May 24, 2009
Gloria wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you SO MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION! I'll brace myself for a possible visit from him as they make their way through!(lol) But I know Justin will be relieved to see them. And one of these days I'd be very interested to know what their story is with YOU! But you're probably better off waiting until they are completely out of your life first.
Thank you again for all of your assistance! I appreciate it more than I could express.
Gloria
They will be leaving this saturday for North Conway I assume. Her goal while back there is to try to get her kids back.
Myrna B

Allyn, WA

#15 Jun 3, 2009
To TAMPA COVER 2: I'm with Gloria and would like to know how you know of them as well :0) I would also like to know how both Kirk & Meredith are doing. We haven't heard from them since 2004. I am one of their sisters-in-law, married to one of his brothers from Washington State. It's nice to here he is still alive. From what I understand they have reached Connecticut as of June 3, 2009. In case you were wondering.
Gloria

Norwich, CT

#16 Jun 3, 2009
Myrna B wrote:
To TAMPA COVER 2: I'm with Gloria and would like to know how you know of them as well :0) I would also like to know how both Kirk & Meredith are doing. We haven't heard from them since 2004. I am one of their sisters-in-law, married to one of his brothers from Washington State. It's nice to here he is still alive. From what I understand they have reached Connecticut as of June 3, 2009. In case you were wondering.
Hey Myrna. I'll message you on MYSPACE, OK?
Tampa Cover 2

AOL

#17 Jun 8, 2009
I just don't understand why Kirk hadn't paid any child support for all of those years! I just hope the courts go after him any make him pay any back child support that he owes Justin. Although my children are grown up, I would never neglect my kids like that. Same thing goes for Meredith. Those two deserve each other!
Gloria

Norwich, CT

#18 Jun 9, 2009
Can I ask how you know them? I'm just curious.
concerned citizen from CT

Niantic, CT

#19 Jun 16, 2009
Can anyone tell me anything about this couple? They are currently in CT soliciting funds from local churches. Is the money really intended for a good cause? What type of people are they? I would like to help but don't want to be scammed!
All too Familiar

Norwich, CT

#20 Jun 16, 2009
concerned citizen from CT wrote:
Can anyone tell me anything about this couple? They are currently in CT soliciting funds from local churches. Is the money really intended for a good cause? What type of people are they? I would like to help but don't want to be scammed!
I understand your dilemma. All I can say is investigate ANYONE looking for money for a cause, check them out and make sure you're comfortable with them before you give them money. The Churches should do the same, not just for Kirk and Meredeth, but for ANYONE seeking donations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spencer Henson (Aug '15) 5 hr Brian 7
sellers in town Jun 22 Busted 13
lebanon High School Jun 21 Guest 2
Mercy ER Jun 16 Joey 2
Does the KKK still run Richland? (Jan '10) Jun 12 kludd 24
Crystal Lansdown? Jun 8 Backoff 1
Mackenzie Rielly Jun 8 Harriet 2

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance