Knob Noster, Mo., toddler killed by car backing out of driveway

Apr 2, 2012 Full story: The Kansas City Star 24

A 1-year-old Knob Noster, Mo., girl died after she was hit by a car backing out of a driveway Sunday evening.Brijae D. Carpenter was struck about 6:25 p.m. by a 2003 Saturn driven by Deborah F. Hurr of Warrensburg, Mo.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AnonYmous

Warrensburg, MO

#1 Apr 2, 2012
What the article does not mention not do any of the articles mention is that Debbie is the grandmother. Not biological however her son is married to Brijaes mother and Debbie's son is the only father the girl knew. And Debbie Hurr is the little girls other grandmother.
Debbi Bodenhamer

Jefferson City, MO

#2 Apr 3, 2012
This was a tragic incident that was in God's hands. Brijae is my precious biological granddaughter. NO ONE is to blame her. We all loved our little girl. Please no negative comments on here...only uplifting words in her short but wonderful memory. R.I.P. my little angel.
Ray James

Holden, MO

#3 Apr 3, 2012
Debbi I am very sorry to hear this.
Pricilla

Warrensburg, MO

#5 Apr 4, 2012
Osama bin Lebnun wrote:
This is Obama's fault.

You are an unfeeling moron...I hope you rot in hell. There is absolutely no room for sarcasm, joking or ignorant remarks in this incident. May God forgive you cause I don't! Even an idiot has more sense!
Pricilla

Warrensburg, MO

#6 Apr 4, 2012
As a previous Knob Noster-ite, I want to say how very sorry I am that this has happened. As a grandmother, I can only imagine what Debbie is going through. Prayers going out to all the family and friends of this darling little baby. And a special prayer to Debbie that she doesn't let this torment her and that her heart heals quickly. God Bless you all!
Nicky

Warrensburg, MO

#8 Apr 4, 2012
How sad. This is no one's fault. THis was an accident. Prayers go out to the family. Make sure to watch your children closely when company is leaving. Again, this was an accident.
Nicky

Warrensburg, MO

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Accident. Make sure to watch your children closely when company is leaving. Again, this was an accident. My prayers go out to the family.
sol

Warrensburg, MO

#10 Apr 5, 2012
My prayers go out to this family at this time of tragedy
Betty Cornelius

Canada

#11 Apr 6, 2012
Debbie is raising one of her son's children and worried over that little one as her own grandchild. My prayers go out to all.
Betty www.cangrands.com
nighthawkbandit

Warrensburg, MO

#12 Apr 15, 2012
This saddens me to read this. I feel sorry for your loss. No one should ever have to lose a child.
Footprints

Jefferson City, MO

#13 Apr 15, 2012
Just For Today
Just for today, I will try to live through the next 24 hours...not expecting to get over my child's death, but learning to live with it...one day at a time

Just for today, I'll remember my child's life, not his death, and bask in the comfort of the treasured days and moments we shared.

Just for today, I will forgive all the family and friends who didn't help or comfort me the way I needed them to. They truly did not know how.

Just for today, I will reach out to comfort a relative or friend of my child. For they are hurting too, and perhaps we can help each other.

Just for today, I will free myself from my self-inflicted burden of guilt. For deep in my heart, I know if there was anything in this world I could have done to save my child from death, I would have done it.

Just for today, I will honor my child's memory by doing something with another child, be it my own, or someone else's, because I know that would make my child proud.

Just for today, I will offer my hand in friendship to other bereaved parents, fo I DO know how they feel.

Just for today, I will smile...no matter how much I hurt on the inside...for maybe if I smile a little, my heart will soften and I will begin to heal.

Just for today, I will allow myself to be happy and enjoy myself, for I know I am not deserting my child by moving on.

Just for today, I will accept that I did NOT die when my child did. My life did go on and I am the ONLY one who can make that life worthwhile again.

~by V.Tushingham, taken from the Bereaved Parents of the USA Tampa Bay Newsletter, Sept 2001.
Footprints

Jefferson City, MO

#15 Apr 20, 2012
Osama bin Lebnun wrote:
@ Footprints- Give me a break. Who really cares?
NOT "Just for today", but forever, you will be an idiot!!
LEBANON (leb-nun) Va

Empty words of a coward who hides behind a terrorists name.

And when you were threatened from outside, the Americans left the safety of their own homes to come and defend you. I will never apologize for the United States of America. Duncan Hunter 11/28/07

God Bless
I care

Chicago, IL

#16 Apr 28, 2012
Osama bin Lebnun wrote:
@ Footprints- Give me a break. Who really cares?
NOT "Just for today", but forever, you will be an idiot!!
You are obviously not a parent and I pray for everyone's sake that you never become one. You are an insensitive, unfeeling ass with no rega for anyone else's feelings. Try having some empathy and put yourself in this family's shoes. I believe you are in need of some serious psychological help.

Yo Brijae's family... I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace comfort and healing for all those involved.
I care

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 28, 2012
I care wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously not a parent and I pray for everyone's sake that you never become one. You are an insensitive, unfeeling ass with no rega for anyone else's feelings. Try having some empathy and put yourself in this family's shoes. I believe you are in need of some serious psychological help.
Yo Brijae's family... I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for peace comfort and healing for all those involved.
That should be to, not yo...
Osama bin Lebnun

United States

#18 Apr 30, 2012
I care wrote:
<quoted text>
That should be to, not yo...
Really, YO? lmao!!
Tim and Andrea Hurr

Bellevue, WA

#19 Jul 13, 2012
mommy and daddy love u monkey
sol

Waynesville, MO

#20 Jul 13, 2012
Osama bin Lebnun wrote:
This is Obama's fault.
You uncaring impassionate idiot, I hope someone backs over your a-- and does what you deserve
Pricilla

Waynesville, MO

#21 Jul 14, 2012
Don't fret, y'all...this just shows the intelligence level of Osama. Which obviously is extremely low. To prove my point...watch him/her continue to smear his ignorance on this post.
Brandy S

United States

#22 Feb 10, 2013
This is what happens when everyone is tweaking and not paying attention. So verry sad. The P.O.S. Parents involved dont really care, alls they worried about is the 25 K insurance check they got so they can run around Burg acting like they ballin.. Ballin off your baby death fund.. Get it together. Losers.
Allie

Farmington, MO

#23 Mar 29, 2013
This is what happens when you don't keep an eye on your toddlers 24/7. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS NEGLIGENCE !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Chief Just Shocked Everyone Wit... 6 min redeemer 489
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 31 min Justice served 96,985
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 1 hr Mugsy 2,795
Debate: Marijuana - Lebanon, MO (Aug '10) Thu David Breedlove 61
Do Father's Rights exist here? Thu David Breedlove 2
Review: Gann Fred & Millie Sep 16 mogirl12 1
Debit card number thefts Sep 16 Sweetypie20069 1
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
•••
•••