My Thoughts on New Ambulance Asked Fo...

My Thoughts on New Ambulance Asked For In Lebanon, Maine

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

Mike

Bristol, ME

#1 Sep 11, 2009
I’ve read a story recently in the September 9th, 2009 issue of the Weekly Observer about how the selectmen in Lebanon Maine must choose to either place an signature-certified local citizens initiative asking voters permission for the town’s rescue services to buy a new ambulance to replace a clunker one they’ve now on the ballot this November or next June during scheduled referendum elections. I feel that selectmen should place this issue before voters now rather than later.

Relying on clunker emergency vehicles for citizen services is a risky or even deadly gamble with someone’s life that needs to use the service. Imagine being transported in an ambulance as a patient with a life threatening medical condition that is a clunker and having the vehicle breakdown midway to the hospital. Why, then, will not Lebanon see the importance of having reliable ambulances to care for their citizens medical needs? Governments and their citizens have a duty I feel to provide dependable ambulances for themselves if want their medical emergencies handled as good as possible.

Lebanon needs a better ambulance now or the citizen’s action would have never been successful, the selectmen must answer this call (ASAP) in put the measure on the ballot in November for voter decision.
Sadie P

Marshall, MN

#2 Sep 18, 2009
Unfortunately this will be something that won't be important to most until its need. Instead of throwing it back to the Selectmen, how about chairing a fundraising committee for a new ambulance? Why does everything have to be a tax payer issue? Have some fun with it and raise some money!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homeless: Mother, 4 children living in truck (Dec '14) Jun 27 Tired of paying 2
Weed, weed and..oh! more weed! (help) May '15 Leprechaun 1
Cigarette City May '15 James Dean 1
Interesting Story Apr '15 Lawless 1
Lol (Dec '14) Feb '15 Benny 5
Thanks! (Aug '14) Aug '14 Doug 1
Issues with town (Jul '13) Jun '14 Bye bye RHR Smith 5
More from around the web

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Lebanon Mortgages