True American

Philpot, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

The thing about not voting is if a person does not vote, that person has no right to complain about any candidate, policies, or their decisions after being elected.

“L-E-B 4EVER”

Since: Mar 08

LEBANON, KENTUCKY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

True American wrote:
The thing about not voting is if a person does not vote, that person has no right to complain about any candidate, policies, or their decisions after being elected.
don't worry I won't
voter

Lebanon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

none of the above
Kodos

Upton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2008

Judged:

Vote for a 3rd party. This is America after all. We aren't stuck with "Choice A" and "Choice B". There is more than Dems vs. Repubs.

Check out the list of past and present parties here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_politica... another one here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_partie... . Research, pick one, vote differently if you feel compelled.
You just want 'different' with out regard to issues? Here... finally get a 3rd party back in office since the Whigs and have a black woman all in the same vote. The Green Party has nominated Cynthia McKinney for the presidential race. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_McKinney

Anyone remember that Simpson's Tree House Of Terror episode where Kang and Kodos took over the bodies of Clinton and Dole? The ended up hailing "Emperor Kang" in a slave nation because they didn't want to vote for a third party.

Don't blame me I'm not voting for either McCain OR Obama as of right now. But I WILL be voting.

Don't limit yourself to two (IMO .. crappy) choices when deciding who will be in charge of the nation.
Kang

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2008

Kodos how dare you point out to people that want to wine and complain that are no choices that there are in fact choices that could actually make a difference.
America First

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

Judged:

McCain has what it takes.

“I have no headline.”

Since: Jun 08

Lebanon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

Ron Paul dropped out, so I'm not voting.
True American wrote:
Can we complain about the people who voted for them?

“...yup...I'm Brandy,..”

Since: Apr 08

not Raywick, but I live here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

Judged:

America First wrote:
McCain has what it takes.
and what exactly does mccain have? liver spots, wrinkles, and an enalrged prostate? A 70-year-old man does not have what it takes to run our country.

“Disrespect Is Prohibited”

Lebanon KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

Judged:

L-E-B-wannabe wrote:
<quoted text>
and what exactly does mccain have? liver spots, wrinkles, and an enalrged prostate? A 70-year-old man does not have what it takes to run our country.
You know id rather vote for a guy who supports our country, and our constitution and not the guy who wants to give homos more rights, take guns away from americans, raise taxes, supports gay marriage, and is a proven racist!!! At least McCain has served in the military and put his life on the line for his country.
Kodos

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2008

Kent Brockman: Senator Dole, why should people vote for you instead of President Clinton?

Kang: It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed. DOOMED!

Kent Brockman: Well, a refreshingly frank response there from senator Bob Dole.

Kang:(as Bob Dole) Abortions for all!
(Crowd boos)

Kang: Very well, no abortions for anyone!
(Crowd boos again)

Kang: Hmm... Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!
(Crowd cheers and waves miniature flags.)

“...yup...I'm Brandy,..”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Judged:

The Real COOP DAWG wrote:
<quoted text>
You know id rather vote for a guy who supports our country, and our constitution and not the guy who wants to give homos more rights, take guns away from americans, raise taxes, supports gay marriage, and is a proven racist!!! At least McCain has served in the military and put his life on the line for his country.
I will vote for a man who supports our country and constitution too...but with updated ethics. Times change, people change. A document that was written over 200 years ago does not necessarily pertain to society today. When the Constitution was written people still pissed in chamber pots because indoor toilets didn't come about until over 100 years later. Our founding fathers would never have foreseen the future to be what it is today. I'm sure they never dreamed you and I would be able to have this debate via the internet as we are today. Obama does not want to disable the Constitution, only make it work with today's people. I am not gay. I am married to a man and we have two children, but I see nothing wrong with someone having the same rights that you and I have if they are gay. No one has proven Obama to be racist. Why is it that when a black person claims pride in their heritage they are a racist, but when you have white pride you're just American. The first Americans were not white. The first people who lived in this country had brown skin. We need a leader who is willing to support the middle class. As long as we have a republican president the rich will only get richer and the poor will never have a leg up out of poverty. You don't think McCain will raise taxes? That's what conservatives do! They take money from people like you and me to keep lining their own pockets! I, as a democrat, don't honestly believe that Obama has much of a chance in this election, but I think America is making a major mistake if they vote McCain into office.

“Disrespect Is Prohibited”

Lebanon KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

L-E-B-wannabe wrote:
<quoted text>
I will vote for a man who supports our country and constitution too...but with updated ethics. Times change, people change. A document that was written over 200 years ago does not necessarily pertain to society today. When the Constitution was written people still pissed in chamber pots because indoor toilets didn't come about until over 100 years later. Our founding fathers would never have foreseen the future to be what it is today. I'm sure they never dreamed you and I would be able to have this debate via the internet as we are today. Obama does not want to disable the Constitution, only make it work with today's people. I am not gay. I am married to a man and we have two children, but I see nothing wrong with someone having the same rights that you and I have if they are gay. No one has proven Obama to be racist. Why is it that when a black person claims pride in their heritage they are a racist, but when you have white pride you're just American. The first Americans were not white. The first people who lived in this country had brown skin. We need a leader who is willing to support the middle class. As long as we have a republican president the rich will only get richer and the poor will never have a leg up out of poverty. You don't think McCain will raise taxes? That's what conservatives do! They take money from people like you and me to keep lining their own pockets! I, as a democrat, don't honestly believe that Obama has much of a chance in this election, but I think America is making a major mistake if they vote McCain into office.
Ok what rights do we have that gays do not??? None as i see it. They have the right to marry just not of the same sex. Why should they be alloted the right to marry among same sexes??? So that this country can degrade itself to a lower standard of acceptance among human beings??? Taking guns away from people is altering the constitution. My second ammendment right prohibits the government from removing my firearms, but mr. Obama wants to abolish the second ammendment. Why? So criminals have guns and decent people do not??? Take away guns people kill with knives and sticks. Hell prisoners can make shanks out of toilet paper and toothpaste so what makes you think it helps to rid the US of guns??? I also can not stand the fact that he supports murder. Abortion is murder and he supports the worst kind of abortion (partial birth) as well. You say republicans want to keep the lower class low and yet Bush tried to adress the issue of government fuding day care for single mothers who live in government housing so they may work to earn their way out of the prjects. This was shot down in the house by none other than the democrats. The democratic party is all about wanting everyone to rely on the government for their needs. Now i ask you, why do you support Obama??? Maybe because you dont honestly pay attention to real issues in government but you look at the fuel cost in your car and assume Bush is responsible. I dont know you tell me!!!
HotRod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

<quoted text>
Well said my man, well said!
HotRod

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

<quoted text>
Ok what rights do we have that gays do not??? None as i see it. They have the right to marry just not of the same sex. Why should they be alloted the right to marry among same sexes??? So that this country can degrade itself to a lower standard of acceptance among human beings??? Taking guns away from people is altering the constitution. My second ammendment right prohibits the government from removing my firearms, but mr. Obama wants to abolish the second ammendment. Why? So criminals have guns and decent people do not??? Take away guns people kill with knives and sticks. Hell prisoners can make shanks out of toilet paper and toothpaste so what makes you think it helps to rid the US of guns??? I also can not stand the fact that he supports murder. Abortion is murder and he supports the worst kind of abortion (partial birth) as well. You say republicans want to keep the lower class low and yet Bush tried to adress the issue of government fuding day care for single mothers who live in government housing so they may work to earn their way out of the prjects. This was shot down in the house by none other than the democrats. The democratic party is all about wanting everyone to rely on the government for their needs. Now i ask you, why do you support Obama??? Maybe because you dont honestly pay attention to real issues in government but you look at the fuel cost in your car and assume Bush is responsible. I dont know you tell me!!!
Oh Coop. Man, about the fuel costs: you forgot to mention that Bush does get the blame but he is the one that supports the offshore drilling. It's the democraps in congress that won't let it pass. People don't understand that the democraps are the reason for the outrageous gas prices. People don't want to hear that though. They think somehow Bush is making a killing on oil because he is from Texas. It's absolutely absurd.

“I have no headline.”

Lebanon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Kodos wrote:
Kent Brockman: Senator Dole, why should people vote for you instead of President Clinton?
Kang: It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed. DOOMED!
Kent Brockman: Well, a refreshingly frank response there from senator Bob Dole.
Kang:(as Bob Dole) Abortions for all!
(Crowd boos)
Kang: Very well, no abortions for anyone!
(Crowd boos again)
Kang: Hmm... Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!
(Crowd cheers and waves miniature flags.)
Hilarious.

“I have no headline.”

Lebanon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Vote communism!!! Woo!

“...yup...I'm Brandy,..”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

Judged:

Obama does not want to take guns away from law abiding citizens, he just wants to make it harder for the wackos and thugs to get them. He has supported gun bans in D.C. and Illinois...2 places with very high violent crime rates. I seriously doubt that if any tighter laws were instilled, Kentucky would not be a place of high priority to get tham passed. Don't worry Coop, no one's gonna take your pistol away. As far as gay rights...no they do not have the same rights you and I have. We have the right to marry the person we love. They love someone of the same sex, so that means their rights are void. You are so young to have such out-dated ponts of view. You have the nerve to call Obama a racist, but you are racist and homophobic. I'm seriously not that worried about fuel cost. It's an issue, but not THE issue. I'm worried about getting health care for the 3 million working Americans that do not have affordable coverage available to them. So you say...get a better job.(you have said this before) You have lived a sheltered life. A better job may not have been an option for some people. Higher education is not available to everyone. The world is bigger than Lebanon, KY and there are people who face hardships that prevent them from living the lives they wish they could. Do you think a woman should be forced to give birth a child when she has been raped? Would you want your girlfriend, mother, sister to have to endure that? For all the children who are thrown away everyday...given up to social services or, worse, kept only to be abused....I would rather let a woman have the right to decide whether she gives birth or not. Just think, if the 1.4 million abortions performed in the U.S. every year were pregnancies taken to term, that would mean 1.4. million more unwanted children would be running around. I'm not sure what you're talking about with the daycare issue, because $18 billion a year is spent on government funded daycare. CCCC is our local government funded daycare program. They go by your income to make daycare affordable. No, it's not free, but I have known people to pay $15 a week for 3 kids in daycare. That's extremely cheap, because I have paid up to $90 a week for 2 kids. I don't think anyone deserves a free ride, but they do deserve hep when they need it. You have given reasons why we SHOULDN'T vote for Obama, but you have yet to say why we SHOULD vote for McCain. Obama will bring our troops home and end a war that has lasted too long. Obama will help provide health care to the millions of Americans who cannot afford it. He is likable, which might not seem like a trait that pertain to being president, but being likable means people are more likely to listen to him and also means he will be more likely to get done whatever he sets forth to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

26 Users are viewing the Lebanon Forum right now

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 42 min Flint hill bandit 147,151
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr freak 81,565
jennifer at arbys (Apr '13) 4 hr chris 5
McDonalds drive thru too fast 4 hr quickie 15
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 10 hr Flint hill bandit 16,132
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 10 hr Flint hill bandit 1,017
Wilberts 14 hr justcuzican 30
•••
•••
•••
Lebanon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••