work connection, nesco, staff corp.

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
union label

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Apr 1, 2011
how long will people keep allowing these con artist to keep stealing money from the working people of marion county and the surrounding area,
the sad part is that local industry conspires with these robbers to keep people from fulltime jobs.
you work as hard as fulltimers, yet you are paid less and no benifits.
if you work 90 to 120 days you should have the right to full employment.
some people have worked 9 or 10 months for fulltime employment. they are treated like second class citizens. looked down on by fulltime employees.
the sad part is these companies are making a large porfit on the backs of cheap labor without proving benifits to our local labor force.
maybe it is time for temps to stick up for them selves. sickouts. work slowdowns. we deserve better.
to those who try to defend the pratices of these con artist, let them explain how they make their money. show employees the books.
IF YOU HAVE WORKED FOR ON OF THESE COMPANIES PLEASE LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT A RIP OFF THEY ARE. STRIKE,STRIKE,STRIKE.!!!!!!!!!

Full Time

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Apr 1, 2011
I have been a temp and I work with temps. I showed up for work on time, dressed appropriately, left the cell phone in my pocket,learned the job, did the job, cleaned up, and left. Then I got paid. That is all they asked me to do. Companies are choosing the workers that make them money, you have to be better than the rest.
Get over it

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Apr 1, 2011
Jobs are hard to come by and only gonna get worse this year. The rent and car payment still come due every month, so just dig in and keep workin. Sometimes you just gotta do it. It sucks, but what else are you gonna do?
My thoughts

Winchester, KY

#4 Apr 1, 2011
These companies are preforming a public service to you and others by giving them employment when no one else will. The places that use temp. services try their people out and check attendance records, job performance, how well they work with others and individually. If you are less than satisfied with the work, hours or pay then you have the option to leave. YOU ARE BY NO MEANS A PRISONER TO THE TEMP SERVICES. If you wish to organize a strike at the factory you work for, then go for it but remember, no factory in lebanon is a union workplace. This means when you go on strike you will receive no strike pay meaning no income at all, you have no legal support to back you or your claims, and you have no mediator to present you demands to the factory. So if you do that they will hire more people and not care that you and your cronies organized a strike and production will continue without you giving many more people jobs that need and want them.

My advice to you: suck it up, quit bitching, do your job everyday and be a great employee.
union

Upton, KY

#5 Apr 2, 2011
Angel is still a Union.............
Get over it

Campbellsville, KY

#6 Apr 2, 2011
Yea and they are the one of the worst paying factories in lebanon. Unions not good for a small town.
union label

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Apr 2, 2011
My thoughts wrote:
These companies are preforming a public service to you and others by giving them employment when no one else will. The places that use temp. services try their people out and check attendance records, job performance, how well they work with others and individually. If you are less than satisfied with the work, hours or pay then you have the option to leave. YOU ARE BY NO MEANS A PRISONER TO THE TEMP SERVICES. If you wish to organize a strike at the factory you work for, then go for it but remember, no factory in lebanon is a union workplace. This means when you go on strike you will receive no strike pay meaning no income at all, you have no legal support to back you or your claims, and you have no mediator to present you demands to the factory. So if you do that they will hire more people and not care that you and your cronies organized a strike and production will continue without you giving many more people jobs that need and want them.
My advice to you: suck it up, quit bitching, do your job everyday and be a great employee.
oh yes you are a prisoner to the temp services when you can only apply to work at factories thru the temp services.
it is not about how well you work with others. that can be found out in a matter of days. it is about cheap labor, not having to provide healthcare or pay workers comp ins.
yes people are lined up looking for jobs, but good employees are hard to come by. people who will show up work any shift. how many of these young people wont show up on fridays or the weekend.
so you can get back to your desk at what ever temp service you work for and keep stealing money from working americans.
HOW ABOUT A EX TEMP SERVICE EMPLOYEE TELLING PEOPLE HOW THESES COMPANIES MAKE MONEY OFF THE HARDWORK OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE???
THE ONLY SERVICES THESE PEOPLE PROVIDE IS TAKING MONEY OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF FAMILIES FOR WORK DONE BY OTHER PEOPLE.
HOW MUCH PER HOUR ARE WORKERS HERE LOSING TO TEMP SERVICES!!!!!!!!
grawl

Winchester, KY

#8 Apr 2, 2011
we work while they sit on there ass es and make them money sorry sob
My thoughts

Winchester, KY

#9 Apr 4, 2011
union label wrote:
<quoted text>oh yes you are a prisoner to the temp services when you can only apply to work at factories thru the temp services.
it is not about how well you work with others. that can be found out in a matter of days. it is about cheap labor, not having to provide healthcare or pay workers comp ins.
yes people are lined up looking for jobs, but good employees are hard to come by. people who will show up work any shift. how many of these young people wont show up on fridays or the weekend.
so you can get back to your desk at what ever temp service you work for and keep stealing money from working americans.
HOW ABOUT A EX TEMP SERVICE EMPLOYEE TELLING PEOPLE HOW THESES COMPANIES MAKE MONEY OFF THE HARDWORK OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE???
THE ONLY SERVICES THESE PEOPLE PROVIDE IS TAKING MONEY OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF FAMILIES FOR WORK DONE BY OTHER PEOPLE.
HOW MUCH PER HOUR ARE WORKERS HERE LOSING TO TEMP SERVICES!!!!!!!!
I beg to differ. I do not work for any temp service nor have i ever other than working through them in factories when i was younger. Not all factories in lebanon hire through temp services. Montebello, Mainstream packaging, Hendrickson, and portland forge just to name a few.

All temp services offer health insurance but you have to ask for it and its is a bit expensive, but it is there. They also pay your workers compensation insurance as it is law in Kentucky that all workplaces provide this. On average, the temp services make $1 per hour per employee, so if they have 100 people in temp work at 40 hours a week, thats 4000 a week and they have to pay their operating costs and employees with that while turning a profit. Just be glad someone has employed your sorry ass. Its not the fault of the temp services you cant get hired full time because you suck at life.
THE TRUTH

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Apr 4, 2011
BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU THINK THEY ARE ROBBING PPL THEN DONT GO TO THEM AND ASK FOR THEIR HELP!!!!!! GO OUT AND SEE HOW HARD IT IS TO GET A JOB SOMEWHERE! THESE COMPANIES HAVE A FAMILY AS WELL AS THE WORKERS at THESE FACTORIES! THANK THEM FOR THEIR HELP. AT LEAST THEY GET YOU STARTED AT A JOB THAT MAY LOVE THE WAY A TEMP WORKS, THEN YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF GOING FULL TIME! BE GRATEFUL THAT YOU HAVE RENT MONEY,FOOD,UTILITIES, AND ALL THE EXTRAS YOU HAVE LEFT!! THEY GIVE YOU THE CHOICE WHEN YOU FILL OUT YOUR APPLICATION ABOUT HOW THEIR COMPANY WORKS THEY DONT HIDE THAT FROM ANYONE! YOU AGREE WHEN THEY CALL YOU AFTER FINDING YOU WORK. YOU SAY YES OR NO THATS THE WAY IT GOES.. IT IS WAT IT IS... SO QUIT TRYING TO MAKE THESE BUISNESS SUFFER CAUSE ALL YOU CAN DO IS COMPLAIN.. BE GRATEFUL AT LEAST YOU ARE MAKING MONEY NOW! HAVE YOU LOOKED AT HOW MANY ARE HOMELESS,NO FOOD TO EAT,LOSING THEIR PRIDE BECAUSE, THEY CAN NO LONGER SUPPORT THEIR FAMILY. THIS WORLD IS BROKE AND IF YOU CAN MAKE A DOLLAR THAN THATS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT. HAVE SOME GRATEFULLNESS. I KNO I AM!
former temp

United States

#11 Apr 4, 2011
I have to agree, and disagree on this one. For the factories that use temp agencies to get workers in and see their job performance, then decide to hire them or not, temp agencies are a great thing. Temp agencies can help them screen unfit candidates out and get good workers in. Unfortunately not all companies use temp services for this purpose. Makers Mark for example, uses temp services to screw people. They bring them in for around $8 an hour and work them the same as their full time employees and don't have to offer benefits or any chance to get an actual job with them. When an opening comes up for a part time or full time position doing the SAME job the temps are already doing, they will hire outside the plant instead of hiring a temp who is already trained and wants to get hired in. They will use temps for years without giving them an opportunity to be hired in. This type of company should not be allowed to abuse temp services this way.
THE TRUTH

Campbellsville, KY

#12 Apr 4, 2011
I FIRMLY AGREE WITH EVERTHING YOU HAVE SAID, YES THE FACTORIES DO ABUSE THE TEMPS, BUT YOU POINTED OUT THAT, THEY CAN FIND OUT IF THEY ARE GOOD WORKERS OR NOT. I FEEL THAT TEMPS IF THEY CONTINUE TO PREFORM GOOD, MAKE THEIR QUOTA FOR 90 DAYS, AND HAVE A GOOD ATTENDANCE RECORD then THEY SHOULD BE FORCED TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THE TEMP SERVICE SAYING THEY WILL BE HIRED.. BUT WE KNOW THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN! BUT I DONT THINK THE TEMP SERVICES SHOULD BE PUT DOWN BECAUSE THEY DO PAY YOU..
union label

Lexington, KY

#13 Apr 4, 2011
My thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ. I do not work for any temp service nor have i ever other than working through them in factories when i was younger. Not all factories in lebanon hire through temp services. Montebello, Mainstream packaging, Hendrickson, and portland forge just to name a few.
All temp services offer health insurance but you have to ask for it and its is a bit expensive, but it is there. They also pay your workers compensation insurance as it is law in Kentucky that all workplaces provide this. On average, the temp services make $1 per hour per employee, so if they have 100 people in temp work at 40 hours a week, thats 4000 a week and they have to pay their operating costs and employees with that while turning a profit. Just be glad someone has employed your sorry ass. Its not the fault of the temp services you cant get hired full time because you suck at life.
for someone who claims not to work at a temp service you seem to know the ins and outs, so i must doubt your claims.
also you seem to be very angry. i have in no way called you names yet you call me lazy and sorry and i suck at life. real grown up. by doing this it makes me believe you are connected to a temp service. why would you defend these scams. protecting your gravy.
if these people where hired direct that is 40 more dollors a week in a families pocket. why do some factories work temps 8 months to a yr. before they are hired fulltime. work them 60 plus hrs. a week. the economy must be good somewhere,
you can say what you want. the employer and temp service are using people. it will never chang until the workers change it. bury your head in the sand and fall for the bull, but i plan to keep fighting, because if we keep letting them get by with it this will be a towm of working temps only!!!!!!
Full Time

Clarkson, KY

#14 Apr 4, 2011
Right now companies are using all the tax breaks available to them. Hiring someone who is drawing unemployment saves them money. There is also a program for young workers with children, their first year salary is paid by the government for one year. This leaves temps in a purgatory, I agree. But it is the company's choice, not the temp agency.
union label

United States

#15 Apr 5, 2011
not trying to blame anyone. i am making the point that its all a scam. companies hire thru temp agencies that make money off of hard working people.
why do companies need HR. DEPT. if they are using temp agents to do their work.
like i said before if we keep letting this happen companies will only employ temp labor and management will be the only fulltime employees.
then it will be no ins. no leave time. miss work you are out of here.
My Thoughts

Winchester, KY

#16 Apr 5, 2011
union label wrote:
not trying to blame anyone. i am making the point that its all a scam. companies hire thru temp agencies that make money off of hard working people.
why do companies need HR. DEPT. if they are using temp agents to do their work.
like i said before if we keep letting this happen companies will only employ temp labor and management will be the only fulltime employees.
then it will be no ins. no leave time. miss work you are out of here.
You need to rethink the point your trying to make. A scam is something people are suckered into without knowledge of the situation. People who work through temporary services know exactly what they are doing. These agencies do people a favor by giving them a trial job with full time employment as a possibility. No temp agency tells their employees that full time employment at the factory is guaranteed. Did you expect the temp service to give you a job for free? If you do not like your situation, QUIT, its that simple.

Just to clarify on your comment about the human resources department in these factories, they do a lot more than simply hire and fire people. They handle disciplinary procedures, payroll on top of the hiring and firing or employees. They are also a go-between for the factory and temp agency.

Lastly, when have you ever seen or worked for a factory that had more temporary employees than full-time employees? You haven't and you won't because all factories hire the best temps as full time associates. If you have worked your temp job for quite some time and not been hired, I suggest you make some changes to your routine and show you can be a great employee.
law abiding system

Lexington, KY

#17 Apr 5, 2011
Temporary services are great! I was layed off and found a temp position elsewhere and what a life saver temp services was for me and my family! I have been able to feed my child, so that's what is important!
union label

Clarkson, KY

#18 Apr 7, 2011
st because they are obeying the law doesnt make it right. not all laws are good laws.
My Thoughts

Winchester, KY

#19 Apr 8, 2011
union label wrote:
st because they are obeying the law doesnt make it right. not all laws are good laws.
You must be the most ignorant individual I have ever seen on here. The factory pays the temp service to put you in their facility. The money is not taken from you, it is a fee paid to the temp agency by the factory you are working through. For some reason you feel like your getting screwed and yet you go back for more. Thats your cretinous mistake plain and simple.

I belive the only thing the temp service did wrong was give your ungrateful ass a job. You work through the tmp service because your what is known as an unskilled worker and that is the only employment you can find. Now your on a public forum making a feeble attempt at outing the people gratious enough to offer you that job. Lets face it, your just one of those few people who would piss and moan about how difficult and miserable your life is no matter what breaks you caught along the way.
katie

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Apr 8, 2011
Two problems with temps agencies at local factories.First,a company should give you a certain number of hrs to work and then yes or no on hiring you for the company.Sometimes people will work a yr or so and never get on full time even tho there is a need and the person is a good employee.Second,some of the temp agencies will send people to the factories that fail the drug test, and then later on when they are offered employment by the factory,they fail a drug test AGAIN.Makes me mad,I don't like working with a bunch of drug heads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dakota Pittman and his wh*re 3 hr cub 4
Who's drawing disability but not disabled? 3 hr cub 2
Lebanon Health Fitness vs Fitness One (Nov '12) 11 hr cody 14
kids throwing rocks 14 hr April 2
Does anyone know Kendall Brady (Nov '13) 19 hr cub 8
Raven Blandford 19 hr cub 2
LOOKING FOR JEFFREY SALLEE aka TINKER Fri cub 21

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance