The real Cornerstone
Knowing Better

Cub Run, KY

#1 Oct 7, 2011
Why do people keep letting themselves be fooled by Cornerstone? Some of the workers are okay, not well educated, but they care. That's only some of them. It is some kind of social club -they aren't the best, but everyone wants to take their children there, because it's the place to be. Why don't parents care about how their children are being treated? Qut being fooled by Jane Mills. Stop letting her bully you into believing it's the best. To the teachers: if you have 25 children in your classroom all day, you are over the licensing standards, and if the children are younger than 5, you are over licensing standards even with 2 teachers. Parents: So what if there are two teachers in every room! If you have twice as many children in the classroom, you have to have twice as many teachers. And, how many of you have been told that your child is the "best" or the "smartest" or the "favorite"? Every parent is told that! That's one of the "tricks of the trade". I heard Jane closed the center on Metts Drive because the building needed repairs...So, where did she put all the children? If Cornerstone had enough children to fill 3 centers, don't they still have all of those children? Where are they now that she has 2 centers? Come on people, the truth is obvious. If you want to know which centers are the best, look at their STARS. How many STARS do they have? Jane acts like it doesn't matter, because she can't get any higher than 2 STARS -she doesn't even try, because she can barely keep 2. The STARS monitors come into the center and see what is really happening. That's why Jane's centers don't get any higher than 2 STARS. If parents really care for their children, they would take them somewhere else!
get it straight

Campbellsville, KY

#2 Oct 8, 2011
hun let me tell you something, saying that those woman are under educated is a false accusation. I know a lot of those woman, some are going through college, some have been through college, and I am sure some are a little bit smarter than you. Reality check, most parents bring their children to cornerstone because they know that their child will be taken care of. Seriously, who are you representing? Gingerbread Tree, or Heaven's Angels? Sounds like to me you are mad because you don't have our children and are trying to start something to get more kids. Oh, and by the way, workers their do NOT tell children's parents that the child is their favorite, you sound like a mad worker who lost their job, if YOU told parents that, that is probably why YOU are no longer at Cornerstone. They treat our children equally just so you know. Go read a newspaper and quit starting these false rumors. If I were Jane, I would have this traced, it can be done, and sue the pants off of you.
Knowing Better

Raywick, KY

#3 Oct 13, 2011
No, I do not work at the Gingerbread Tree or Heaven's Angels. I have NEVER worked at Cornerstone. After spending years and years and years in Lebanon in Early Childhood Education, I know a lot about all of them. I notice you never commented on the fact that Cornerstone has never risen above a 2 STAR rating. I KNOW the workers at Cornerstone are not more educated than I am, and I am absolutely comfortable with any trace that Jane wants to do. If the things I said were not true, you wouldn't be so offended! If you were to be honest with yourself and everyone else, you would admit that you really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to GOOD early childhood education. What happens at Cornerstone is not quality, developmentally appropriate childcare! If you knew what you were talking about, you would understand. If you are going to go around cheering for something, get your facts straight first.
kkk

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 13, 2011
Knowing Better wrote:
No, I do not work at the Gingerbread Tree or Heaven's Angels. I have NEVER worked at Cornerstone. After spending years and years and years in Lebanon in Early Childhood Education, I know a lot about all of them. I notice you never commented on the fact that Cornerstone has never risen above a 2 STAR rating. I KNOW the workers at Cornerstone are not more educated than I am, and I am absolutely comfortable with any trace that Jane wants to do. If the things I said were not true, you wouldn't be so offended! If you were to be honest with yourself and everyone else, you would admit that you really don't know what you are talking about when it comes to GOOD early childhood education. What happens at Cornerstone is not quality, developmentally appropriate childcare! If you knew what you were talking about, you would understand. If you are going to go around cheering for something, get your facts straight first.
if you never have worked at cornerstone, like u said, how do YOU know what happens behind closed doors??? YOU DONT
heavens angels

United States

#5 Oct 13, 2011
actually the workers that are not educated enough and are not smart enough for cornerstone's children are at heavens angels. So if cornerstone is bad then heavens angels is outrageousy awful...if you care for your children at all do not take them to heavens angels...a place where cornerstone rejects work
wow

Nerinx, KY

#6 Oct 13, 2011
amazing thing is that all of heavens angels workers are college grads or attending college don knock i tell you try it cause the jokes on you heavens angels is run by the book.. can anywhere else say that. funny how cornerstone dont seat on the child care board and heavens angels does go figure.
wow

Nerinx, KY

#7 Oct 13, 2011
computer typo suppose to say dont knock it tell you try it wanted to correct myself before someone thought we couldnt spell
heavens angels

United States

#8 Oct 14, 2011
so basically it all comes down to the fact that heavens angels dont haveenough children at her center so shestarted this forrum in an attempt to redirect the cornerstone children to heavens angels....well if you want your children fed you better keep them where they are at which should be cornerstone because heavens angels is on her last leg much like building blocks was in its few last weeks
wow

Leitchfield, KY

#9 Oct 15, 2011
last leg(LMAO) looks like they are really getting a leg up from what i hear that got quite a bit of money. and i do believe they are feed very well. my children never even want supper they are still full and i check the menu every week. what want to check it out before you you speak.... i seen some of the workers today at walmart loading up on toys and furniture just incase you would like to know every move they make.
Knowing Better

Raywick, KY

#10 Oct 15, 2011
To answer KKK: There are very many ways to know the truth about a childcare center. ONCE AGAIN, the STARS for Early Childhood Program is one of the main ways for parents to learn how good a center REALLY is. The raters DO go into the centers. I think it's very contradictive that Cornerstone never rises above a 2-Star rating and supposedly just aren't interested. YET, they receive lots of money from the program in order to continually improve it. Hmmm...
And, NO, I do not speak for Heaven's Angels.
By the way, PLEASE PEOPLE, use spell check or a dictionary or something!
lol

Brownsville, KY

#11 Oct 17, 2011
this topic is a joke, imsure i kno for a fact who started it. hunny get a life and stay out of every1 eles.. and plz stop trying to ruin ppls lives.. im sure ur life is shitty and thats why your on here day in and day out starting stuff but just remember, its never to late to make a change!! god bless and have a great night!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skyler McCarty 4 hr classmate 5
Catherine Doty & Joseph shepperson 12 hr Lmfao 18
jennifer persinger at arbys 15 hr wishin 1
is bryan hayes single again? 15 hr yes 6
Trailer 15 Brookhaven 21 hr Uno 12
Kathy Coyle 21 hr Uno 11
Unruly kids Thu jack 15

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance