Lomey Abe 4 School Board

Lomey Abe 4 School Board

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

85Super Fly

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Jun 4, 2010
My name is Lomey Abe. I come here today as a concerned educator. I have never pursued for public office before now, but feel that it is my responsibility to do so because the authority and the terrible water is no longer meeting the needs of the people of Marion. Therefore, I am announcing today that I am candidate seeking the nomination of school board member.

I’m a converted Amish man. I was born in Lancaster County Pa, went to school in Brissil , and graduated from the University of Treland. I married here, helped raise two daughters, and have two grandchildren. With the exception of twelve years, I have lived in Marion all my life. I’m a man faith. I believe that children are our future and that it's the government’s responsibility to maintain and improve a framework where our children have access to education, housing, and clean water and given an equal opportunity and equal rights to achieve greatness and to live the American dream.

I’m a patriot. I love this county; I am proud to be an American. As a converted Amish man, I understand the strains that serving can put on an individual and on family members. However, I have been converted for over 20 years now. As a Marion County school board member, I will focus on returning workers who have earned our respect and need our resources to integrate back into this county. I will also advance the principles of a strong moral value with the school community, which has a clear, defined, and sustainable mission. Our morals must be strong, our intelligence gathering concise; and our region and state clear on where we stand and what we will do to protect our children.

I’m a small business owner. I’ve provided sales and use tax consulting since 2001. Like many self-employed people, there have been ups and downs. Hard economic times and bad water have limited Marion countian people ability to find jobs, keep jobs, and keep existing businesses running. As a school board member of Marion County, members should have seen the problems leading up to the decision making meltdown. Regulations need to be enacted to prevent that from happening again. Members are playing politics, however, delaying fresh water from being passed as part of a strategy. But we must end the terrible water in our schools.

Our community with innovative ideas and a great moral spirit can manufacture products and provide services that create jobs here and not in Taylor County. Remember the times when our elected officials use ideology as a reason not to take action to help people find and keep jobs. We must restore faith in this county. Marion economic future is dependent on our school board members.
I believe that our best days are ahead of us, not behind us. I believe that we can make board of education work for the people, but it takes the people to do that. We can have a smaller, efficient, effective board that works for the people. The state government can and should be partners with the county, not subservient to our county, and not a usurper of the county. We must restore our faith in local government. We are all partners in our future. We can divide or we can unite. We can stay dehydrated or we can hydrate. We must fight for fresh clean water. We can do nothing or we can move forward. We can let special interests control our water or we can let the people control it. It’s not a matter of taking back water facilities; it’s a matter of refocusing our strenghts, our values, our thirst and our faith to move forward, to heal, to prosper and to unite in one purpose: keeping Marion County schools and our youth the best educated and hydrated students in Kentucky. As school board member, I intend to make that happen.

Thank you. God Bless Marion Countians and God Bless the United
The Ol One Eye

Lexington, KY

#2 Jun 4, 2010
Lomey Abe for school board or I will yeller the water!
TruffBnoan

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jun 4, 2010
Jebediah Yoder knows propoganda and thinly veiled political rhetoric when he sees it. Don't be lulled to sleep by the silver tongued serpent known as Lomey Abe.

He lies about many things. In fact, all of the above is completely false (minus the stuff about the water)!

His morals aren't strong, his intellect isn't strong, his belief in out schools isn't strong, and, oh yeah, one more thing ...

he's Mennonite.
Vote Jeb Yoder.
85Super Fly

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Jun 4, 2010
Cast upon to you brother the light will show the way to a perfect and more stable school board. Lomey Abe is the light we need for our community to shine bright in our old Marion County home.
townie

Houston, TX

#5 Jun 5, 2010
Why does anyone running for the school board care about the water? If you care about the water, go work at the water treatment facility. You're running for the wrong office.
ROFLMAO

Shepherdsville, KY

#6 Jun 5, 2010
Funny.
85Super Fly

Middlesboro, KY

#7 Jun 5, 2010
townie wrote:
Why does anyone running for the school board care about the water? If you care about the water, go work at the water treatment facility. You're running for the wrong office.
Hmmm Florida, The devils advocate..
85Super Fly

Middlesboro, KY

#8 Jun 7, 2010
Thank you all that have sent the kind letters. Lomey Abe is very excited that this forum is showing great support. Although there has been some negative comments made by some. Lomey Abe takes it in srride he believes that people should voice there opinion good or bad thats what makes this country so great, Freedom of Speech....ty
85Super Fly

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Jun 7, 2010
typo *stride
TruffBnoan

Lexington, KY

#10 Jun 7, 2010
Don't you mean:
typo *Jebediah Yoder
?
85Super Fly

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Jun 7, 2010
Yes Yoder is a fine man, he has my support. Please vote for him. We are in different districts but he will be a great school board member.....ty
puckered starfish

Bolivar, MO

#12 Jun 7, 2010
I'm not feeling this fake ass jebediah yoder dude. I think his is running for the wrong reasons. he wants the money, he wants the office, he doesn't want the responsibility of being a top line educator like Lomey Abe
Toe May Toe

Buffalo, TX

#13 Jun 7, 2010
I agree puckered, it's kind of like Mike Brady when he married Carol just so he could get to Marsha or Dr. Smith hiding on the spaceship for Will Robinson, but made ppl believe he was adventure seeking. Keep Jeb Yoder away from our kids.
Hornswoggle

Greensburg, KY

#14 May 2, 2013
Gawd are we still talking about this?
Tyuandu

Rineyville, KY

#15 May 3, 2013
Lomey Abe for school board member. Get rid of the dirty water.
U me and ol Abe

Rineyville, KY

#16 May 4, 2013
Lomey Abe for his member.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curtis pay scale? (Sep '15) 10 hr Poppa Smurf 11
Joe Tungate SMH Sat Joe MF Tungate 2
Lydia roller Sat What 7
Nathaniel Weathers Sat Curious 1
wont buy meat from save-alot again (Feb '11) Sat Evan 42
Brookhaven potholes (Oct '14) Sat gotmoneyforanewtruck 6
Heather Hale Sat BeenAWhile 4

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance