Lebanon needs a skatepark.

Lebanon needs a skatepark.

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

hey

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Mar 19, 2009
A skatepark in lebanon would be a great idea. Post your concerns and comments.
hmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Mar 19, 2009
Would be a good place for kids to hang out. Instead of pestering walmart parking lot...

“I have no headline.”

Since: Jun 08

Lebanon

#3 Mar 19, 2009
The only problem I see is vandalism and bullies who want to hog it to themselves. Assuming they don't lock any gates at night, I'd give the park about a month before it gets torn up by some little assholes. I could be wrong.

I'll never use it, so what do I care?
its a wounder

Winchester, KY

#4 Mar 19, 2009
lebanon needs all kinds of shit but do we get it no we dont Why because it has to go throu the mayor then the city coucil then it has to go throu frankfort and so on and then what ever floats lebanon boat then thats what we get ...I think lebanon sucks for real even thou im living here in this small ass county
hey

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Mar 19, 2009
I mean concrete...whats the worst that could happen? graffiti?? There could be metal ramps also. Bullies, ive been to skateparks all around kentucky..if its big enough there usually room for everyone to skate and have a good time..hogging doesnt really happen

but meh i guess it could

“I have no headline.”

Since: Jun 08

Lebanon

#6 Mar 19, 2009
I doubt Lebanon's will be very big if we get one. I'm not trying to be a pessimist. You just gotta consider these things.
The Truth

Cynthiana, KY

#7 Mar 19, 2009
Too much liability to the city, if someone gets hurt and being that its a skatepark someone WILL get hurt, the parents will be in an uproar and they can't afford lawsuits. Therefore it will NEVER happen.

Truth Be Told.
c lee

Lebanon, KY

#8 May 9, 2013
i totally agree lebanon needs a skatepark... i wouldnt even care how big or little it was. as long as there was. a area that the small majority of the skaters that lebanon has has no where to skate. like at all. i dont care what it takes ill go the extra mile to have a park built because im tired of always haveing to go to louisville, lexington, e-town just to skate. its molarky. charlie signing off
welly

Buna, TX

#9 May 9, 2013
I wouldn't go as far as buying land and developing it for the sole use of a skate park and nothing else. I think making an expansion for skaters at an existing public park would be fine though. That way the existing parking, restrooms, and other facilities could be utilized to keep costs down.
WE NEED ONE

Greensburg, KY

#10 May 24, 2015
I think that we NEED a skatepark, and I'm talking soon. Defiantly don't make it small either, because the bigger it is, the more people from around come to skate at it. There could also be a donation box of some sort, so that the people who built it could actually get there money back after a while. I'm tired a skating on the streets. There is just no where do do it at. I think that it's about time to get a skate park :)
new guy

Versailles, IN

#11 May 24, 2015
Great idea. Buy some land build one and charge admission. That way the it is of no expense to the taxpayers and skateboarding is provided in a secure area. I am sure you can build one for say 100000 dollars charge 2 dollars per use. A great return on you investment.
DUH HOE

United States

#12 May 24, 2015
It would be GREAT for teens who wana use drugs & have fights yes Lebanon isnt bad enough lets make a place that will be over run with people from Holy Hill with in weeks :)
Dr_loose

Hermitage, TN

#13 May 25, 2015
The one at charlie Daniels
P ark works for them but I don t skate so don t know if is enough. But it would not be 10000. Chech it out
No Rules

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 May 26, 2015
WE NEED ONE wrote:
I think that we NEED a skatepark, and I'm talking soon. Defiantly don't make it small either, because the bigger it is, the more people from around come to skate at it. There could also be a donation box of some sort, so that the people who built it could actually get there money back after a while. I'm tired a skating on the streets. There is just no where do do it at. I think that it's about time to get a skate park :)
Would you be willing to pay a membership fee?
No Rules

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 May 26, 2015
new guy wrote:
Great idea. Buy some land build one and charge admission. That way the it is of no expense to the taxpayers and skateboarding is provided in a secure area. I am sure you can build one for say 100000 dollars charge 2 dollars per use. A great return on you investment.
If it were privately built, the fixed cost of building it wouldn't be the trouble--it'd be the insurance cost. If someone gets hurt on your property (which at a skate park is unavoidable), you have to have insurance to cover yourself. So if this business were formed, I'd say it'd be something like $5-10 per day or a monthly membership for those who frequently use it.
I got you

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 May 29, 2015
No Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be willing to pay a membership fee?
I will for sure pay a membership fee. I have PLENTY of friends that will do the same. Its just so frustrating riding around down, getting kicked out of places, and traveling miles just do go to a decent skatepark, but to answer your question, I for sure would pay!
Arrow

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 May 29, 2015
new guy wrote:
This is true. After a while, the builders would get there money back, and might get enough money to actually add more onto the skatepark. I believe :)
WE NEED ONE

Lebanon, KY

#18 May 29, 2015
We definitely need a skatepark. There is just no place to skateboard around Lebanon, of we had a skatepark it would influence more people to skateboard and if more people skateboard, more businesses could be opened and more money would be spent in Lebanon which would stay in Lebanon, people have to leave the town to actually do something "fun", we have a place at our park that would work perfectly! The probablem with skating in town is people simply tell you to leave every area that is "decent" to skate at. Pleeeaase build a skatepark here and push skateboarding!!
No Rules

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jun 1, 2015
WE NEED ONE wrote:
We definitely need a skatepark. There is just no place to skateboard around Lebanon, of we had a skatepark it would influence more people to skateboard and if more people skateboard, more businesses could be opened and more money would be spent in Lebanon which would stay in Lebanon, people have to leave the town to actually do something "fun", we have a place at our park that would work perfectly! The probablem with skating in town is people simply tell you to leave every area that is "decent" to skate at. Pleeeaase build a skatepark here and push skateboarding!!
Perhaps you should do some research or conduct a survey to see the demand for the park. Like figure out how many people would use it and the likeliness they would purchase a monthly membership and if possible, how many out-of-towners might come and pay a day fee for it. An accurate estimate of number of customers means you can come up with an accurate estimate of what the revenue could be for a business owner. THAT is what you're going to need to attract an investor. Potential revenues and profits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Recallable nickle 1 hr Whodisniga 16
Hook up? 1 hr Whodisniga 6
Sommer 1 hr Guesswho 8
100.9 7 hr Intheknow 5
Does anyone know anything about Ted Lavit? (Dec '07) 11 hr Victim 73
Purple Dakota 14 hr bill bob 6
Mayor of Lebanon Sun Voter 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lebanon Mortgages