What is an A5 school and where will the 2nd high school be in Marion County?

Posted in the Lebanon Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
curious

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 29, 2011
 
What is an A5 school and where will the 2nd high school be? This is in the lebanon enterprise so I was wondering about this.
Educated

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It's basically a school for tards. The driftwood of MCHS would be sent there. MCHS would be preparing their students for college, while the A5 school would be preparing them for technical or factory work. The A5 school will be geared more towards teaching kids trades rather than preparing them for college. And usually, that's where the regular high school dumps its disruptive, loser students. MCHS would definitely become a better high school bc of a local A5. If an A5 is created, watch for the test scores of MCHS to go up dramatically in the year or two afterwards.
Actually

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Educated wrote:
It's basically a school for tards. The driftwood of MCHS would be sent there. MCHS would be preparing their students for college, while the A5 school would be preparing them for technical or factory work. The A5 school will be geared more towards teaching kids trades rather than preparing them for college. And usually, that's where the regular high school dumps its disruptive, loser students. MCHS would definitely become a better high school bc of a local A5. If an A5 is created, watch for the test scores of MCHS to go up dramatically in the year or two afterwards.
If it wasn't for these students you call "tards" you wouldn't be driving the nice cars, or have that fancy vacuum. Also any other piece of household item you can think of. Get over yourself! Some people choose to do this kind of work over other jobs. Really it all comes down to the teachers when it comes to test scores. If some you'll would listen to what the students talk about, you would understand. Teachers playing on laptops, cell phones... The list can go on. I've been told by one student that they was told to write a report on a certain topic and this student and most all got an A. When actually they wrote about something that had nothing to do with what the teacher said. Some teachers care, don't get me wrong. But these are the ones you said that have the college degree that let our students fall off the educated list. Now think about that!
Educated

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Actually wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasn't for these students you call "tards" you wouldn't be driving the nice cars, or have that fancy vacuum. Also any other piece of household item you can think of. Get over yourself! Some people choose to do this kind of work over other jobs. Really it all comes down to the teachers when it comes to test scores. If some you'll would listen to what the students talk about, you would understand. Teachers playing on laptops, cell phones... The list can go on. I've been told by one student that they was told to write a report on a certain topic and this student and most all got an A. When actually they wrote about something that had nothing to do with what the teacher said. Some teachers care, don't get me wrong. But these are the ones you said that have the college degree that let our students fall off the educated list. Now think about that!
Lol. Nobody chooses to work at a factory or at least one in Lebanon anyways. That's what they're stuck with. And I reread what I wrote and it does sound like I was calling factory workers tards but that wasn't my intention. What I meant by that is the dregs of the school system would be sent there. The kids that no one wants to deal with.
Thatonedude

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 30, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

4 out of ten new millionaires never went to college. Guess some tards do alright for themselves huh. Some college graduates can't make enough money to live and pay their student loans.

There was this famous "tard". He was kicked out of school after three months for being inattentive and "addled". So his mom home schooled him and he became a great inventor and business man. Perhaps you have heard of general electric. Started by Thomas Edison, who held 1093 patents in the us alone, this company is now one of the largest corporations in the world. Not bad for a boy asked to leave school. He attributed his success to the fact that he learned what he wanted to learn, and wasn't boxed into the then current view of what could or not could be accomplished in the areas of mechanics and electricity.
amazed

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 30, 2011
 

Judged:

1

So we should make kids wear uniforms to make them seem the same and not get bullied but, then label them by saying let's send the kids who we don't think can do well in school to a different school just because some teachers can't get all the students to learn well. I was told by a teacher once: a good teacher can teach and reach all students not only some of them or give up on those they choose to. What are we teaching them now huh? It don't look good from here.
where

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 3, 2012
 
Where would the 2nd school be and wouldn't we have to hire more teachers and wouldn't this cost more money getting them to their elective classes?
Educated

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Thatonedude wrote:
4 out of ten new millionaires never went to college. Guess some tards do alright for themselves huh. Some college graduates can't make enough money to live and pay their student loans.

There was this famous "tard". He was kicked out of school after three months for being inattentive and "addled". So his mom home schooled him and he became a great inventor and business man. Perhaps you have heard of general electric. Started by Thomas Edison, who held 1093 patents in the us alone, this company is now one of the largest corporations in the world. Not bad for a boy asked to leave school. He attributed his success to the fact that he learned what he wanted to learn, and wasn't boxed into the then current view of what could or not could be accomplished in the areas of mechanics and electricity.
That was close to 100 years ago. That was common then. It's not common now and nearly impossible. If you had read my second posting, you would have saved yourself the stupidity of what you wrote. And where did you find that millionaire statistic? You made it up, didn't you? I just found an article from Time Magazine profiling the average millionaire. 94.3% of millionaires today graduated from at least college. Good try though.
Anon

Sonora, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 3, 2012
 
Educated wrote:
It's basically a school for tards. The driftwood of MCHS would be sent there. MCHS would be preparing their students for college, while the A5 school would be preparing them for technical or factory work. The A5 school will be geared more towards teaching kids trades rather than preparing them for college. And usually, that's where the regular high school dumps its disruptive, loser students. MCHS would definitely become a better high school bc of a local A5. If an A5 is created, watch for the test scores of MCHS to go up dramatically in the year or two afterwards.
Since everybody is going to college these days, there is actually LESS of a chance people will get jobs for their degrees after they graduate. So maybe college isn't the smartest thing to do right now.

Plumbers and electricians make awesome money.
Uhh

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I went to work two days after graduating from MCHS. I have four kids, two homes, ten automobiles and almost all the other toys I want, all paid for. They were paid for with the skills I learned in school shop classes, the vocational school and by working with my hands since before I even started first grade. I was also able to retire at age 44. Not bad for a retard huh?
Answerguy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 3, 2012
 
# 5

http://wealthisgood.blogspot.com/2008/08/seve...

having a knack for saving and investing cannot be taught in any school. some people spend everything they make regardless of income or education

congrats on your education, but i don't agree with your views.
Answerguy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 3, 2012
 
heck i found that statitic in less than a minute. you are welcome. i had add myself when in school, wasn't a very good student, but my iq is pretty high. and i dare say i know more about technology stuff than several IT professional i've met. they are scared of people like me. and ive never been to colledge
Thatonedude

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 3, 2012
 
Yeah, all you had to do was googe what percentage of millionaires went to college.

http://smallbusiness.aol.com/2011/02/09/we-do...

I just ran up on this. I didn't even realize the richest people on the planet have no college degree.
Dell, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Sir Richard Branson; not a one of them have a college diploma.
proud

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Uhh wrote:
I went to work two days after graduating from MCHS. I have four kids, two homes, ten automobiles and almost all the other toys I want, all paid for. They were paid for with the skills I learned in school shop classes, the vocational school and by working with my hands since before I even started first grade. I was also able to retire at age 44. Not bad for a retard huh?
Will they take the electives away (vocational school)so our kids don't have any type of chance like you, it sounds like you did great! Not being sarcastic, just hope they don't take the Vocational school away,which unfortunately I beleive this will.
simply stated

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

I cant believe that some people cannot see the benefit of technical education. What happened to no child left behind? Is every individual student geared for 4-8 years of college? Does it not take people from industry to make the world work? Because you have a degree behind your name does that truly make you superior, or a drift if you dont?
well

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 10, 2012
 
it said in the paper it would be at Hugh C. Spalding Academy as an A5 school isn't that the A school?
yeah

Rineyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 12, 2012
 
it used to be - strange they keep changing it
Suck on my sack of balls

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 2, 2013
 
Thatonedude wrote:
4 out of ten new millionaires never went to college. Guess some tards do alright for themselves huh. Some college graduates can't make enough money to live and pay their student loans.
There was this famous "tard". He was kicked out of school after three months for being inattentive and "addled". So his mom home schooled him and he became a great inventor and business man. Perhaps you have heard of general electric. Started by Thomas Edison, who held 1093 patents in the us alone, this company is now one of the largest corporations in the world. Not bad for a boy asked to leave school. He attributed his success to the fact that he learned what he wanted to learn, and wasn't boxed into the then current view of what could or not could be accomplished in the areas of mechanics and electricity.
Considering Edison stole most of his ideas from Nicola Tesla.
The Dave

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 2, 2013
 
JP Morgan bought 51% of teslas patent rights in order for tesla to receive funding for his world broadcast station. Thomas edison was too busy running to the patent office when one of his assistants had a good idea. Edison also experimented on cats using radiation. There is a trove of facts that i could blurt out but the nutshell point is "Tesla > Edison"
check it out

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 2, 2013
 
So what does the 50 percent of freshman college students who don't finish college do? The didn't finish college so no degree. They don't have any technical or factory skills that they should of learned in high school. So, hmmmm, no degree, no skills, and I guess NO JOB! Even in college you usually have a major and a minor. This way you have multiple avenues to pursue after you graduate. They same should be in high school. You should be taught to have knowledge to continue your education as well as a fall back with skills for everyday life. What you will have at MC is two schools,(not being racist) One will be primarily white while the other one is black. My opinion is because less than 7 percent of college students are black. So while the MC school system will be catering to the few, many will fall behind even worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Lebanon Forum right now

Search the Lebanon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min LMS 145,003
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr Poles 26,170
what to do wife has a boyfriend (Jun '13) 9 hr The X 45
do you think lebanon is full of corruption (Sep '10) 9 hr boston 26
kayla ruley (Jan '12) 9 hr Sierra 15
brookhaven fighting 10 hr share 26
TG dress code 11 hr Flint Hill Bandit 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lebanon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Lebanon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Lebanon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lebanon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••