First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really

Springfield, KY

#21 Nov 14, 2012
The deputy sheriff has died from his wounds according to wkly news.
wonder

Englewood, CO

#22 Nov 14, 2012
who is the shipp guy?
Obvious

United States

#23 Nov 14, 2012
See!!! There ya go!! The shooter was probably a white guy. So either it's black men shooting cops, or white hill billies Either way, it's all terrible.
Froggy

Lexington, KY

#24 Nov 14, 2012
Sheriff's Deputy Anthony Rakes was killed. The shooter was arrested in Campbellsville. DeWayne Shipp is being held at the Taylor County Jail. This was a routine stop at 2 AM. Sheriff's Deputy Rakes called in the car license plate before getting out of the car and that is how Shipp was stopped and arrested in Taylor County. Sheriff's Deputy Rakes died in surgery at Spring View.

Please, I know this is Topix and therefore a public forum, but please keep the Rakes family and the Marion County Sheriff's Department in your thoughts and prayers. This is a tragedy and common decency and courtesy should be given.

Those that want to play the race card or get upset with the way things are going, please start another thread for the forum and not drag down the other readers trying to sift through to find out actual factual answers.
Concerned

New Haven, KY

#25 Nov 14, 2012
Obvious wrote:
I could care less what I look like. Obviously your the one worried about what your race looks like. Which is horrible. Maybe your black, maybe your not, either way, the things that have happened are terrible. And I would be ashamed to be associated with any type of behavior associated with shooting a police officer. This isn't about me. Which is what you are tryin to make it. Bottom
Line, shits about to hit the fan in Lebanon, and its all thanks the the idiotic decisions of you know who!
Who?! In my opinion, it's idiotic decisions of ignorant PEOPLE!!! Black, white, red, or yellow. I am far from making it about you, but people like you that encourage hatred among races should be ashamed of themselves, PERIOD! I don't know about you, but I don't want to be involved or associated with the killing of ANYONE, police or not. When you make blanketed racist statements like you did, you perpetuate the ignorance that has already engulfed this small town. And what does my race have to do with me replying to such a racist comment? You made the comment, not I. All I said was gather facts before you make such a racist statement.
Obvious

Campbellsville, KY

#26 Nov 14, 2012
In regards to Concerned, you seem a little too concerned with this forum and arguing about this BS with someone you don't know. You should be more concerned about the victims family.
blam

United States

#27 Nov 14, 2012
Does anybody know why Shipp shot him?
Justice will prevail

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Nov 14, 2012
Obvious wrote:
I'm sure it was a black man that shot him. Who the hell shoots a cop over a routine traffic stop?? Hmm let's think, someone with drugs. So horrible. If they do find who did this, and it does turn out to be a black man, this small town will be under some major racial issues with all that has gone on lately.
You my friend, from the time you hit that firt key on your keyboard, started to spew nothing but ignorance. For you to automatically assume that when someone gets shot, "I'm sure it was a black man that shot him." is completely ignorant. Unless you witnessed the crime yourself. It's because of people like you that we still live in a world full of racial idots that are always ready to blame everything that happens on the black person. For the record I am white. I get so sick of people like you that think when something bad happens it "has to or had to be a black person" that done it. What box are you living in???? The guy wasn't even from around here first of all and people unload guns everyday for numerous reasons and drugs have nothing to do with it. While you pull that big foot back out of your mouth think about the things you say before you put them out there for the public. God bless the Raikes family you have my deepest condolences, a good man was lost this morning and he will be missed, your entire family will be in my prayers!!!
wife of a deputy

Chesterfield, MO

#29 Nov 14, 2012
I am the wife of a deputy sheriff in another county. I am trying to attain information about Deputy Raikes, was he married? I would like to reach out to his family. Every day, we watch our spouses leave and always wonder if they will come home. I can not even imagine the heartbreak. Thanks for any info.
Black and proud of it

Campbellsville, KY

#30 Nov 14, 2012
To you Obvious, I have to say that your comment is one of the most racist things I have heard in a while. Let me inform you that the person who shot Officer Raikes is WHITE!!! Next thing you need to know is everytime someone talks the crap you are talking should have their head examined for trying to change it to being sorry for the family. That should have been the main thing that you were trying to say. But no, you want to quickly blame African Americans every time something happens. Get a clue & shut your mouth when you don't have a full story.
Raywick

Campbellsville, KY

#31 Nov 14, 2012
wonder wrote:
who is the shipp guy?
The news said he was from Mcdaniels Ky..what happen is bad ,,but I'm glad for the community that it wasn't a local.
sympathey

Cecilia, KY

#32 Nov 14, 2012
anthony was a hell of a good guy i went to school with him and had jrotc we will be praying for his family and as far as the guy that shot him it does not matter if he is black or white i hope that they lock him up and throw the key away
shame

New Haven, KY

#33 Nov 14, 2012
Black and proud of it wrote:
To you Obvious, I have to say that your comment is one of the most racist things I have heard in a while. Let me inform you that the person who shot Officer Raikes is WHITE!!! Next thing you need to know is everytime someone talks the crap you are talking should have their head examined for trying to change it to being sorry for the family. That should have been the main thing that you were trying to say. But no, you want to quickly blame African Americans every time something happens. Get a clue & shut your mouth when you don't have a full story.
I am white and i totally agree! "obvious" popped off a load of racial crap then tried to act as if he didnt start this whole subject of racism on here. let it be known that there are plenty of people who are WHITE that are very pissed at alot of things that have been said on some of these threads here lately. officer raikes was a friend of mine and a very good guy. TOPIX should make it MANDATORY to register a name associated with a valid email before it allows people to post on here. that would certainly stop 90 % of this crap. our small town has taken a big hit these past few days. we have had major losses of different races, all ages, a couple of the incidents due to violence. we should come together as a town and pray to god for these families and friends of these people and reach out to one another as neighbors while we still have a chance to serve as decent citizens. i am not a bible thumper but i do believe the big man upstairs is watching us. the things we say, the thoughts we have, all the anger and hatred. this old world cant last much longer as we continue to hate and kill each other.
god bless this town and the people who have lost loved ones. as well as the innocent folk of raywick. there are still alot of good people left around here. lets try to make it a few more good people than there were by being decent and treating people as we would like to be treated. love and prayers to all.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#34 Nov 14, 2012
shame wrote:
<quoted text>
I am white and i totally agree! "obvious" popped off a load of racial crap then tried to act as if he didnt start this whole subject of racism on here. let it be known that there are plenty of people who are WHITE that are very pissed at alot of things that have been said on some of these threads here lately. officer raikes was a friend of mine and a very good guy. TOPIX should make it MANDATORY to register a name associated with a valid email before it allows people to post on here. that would certainly stop 90 % of this crap. our small town has taken a big hit these past few days. we have had major losses of different races, all ages, a couple of the incidents due to violence. we should come together as a town and pray to god for these families and friends of these people and reach out to one another as neighbors while we still have a chance to serve as decent citizens. i am not a bible thumper but i do believe the big man upstairs is watching us. the things we say, the thoughts we have, all the anger and hatred. this old world cant last much longer as we continue to hate and kill each other.
god bless this town and the people who have lost loved ones. as well as the innocent folk of raywick. there are still alot of good people left around here. lets try to make it a few more good people than there were by being decent and treating people as we would like to be treated. love and prayers to all.
I totally agree with you. The world is becoming a very frightening place. We should not dehumanize people, because that makes it easy to spew hatred. Instead, we should come together as a small community and offer loving support to those who need comfort. The people who were killed during the past week have friends and family who are grieving. Let's reign in the inhumanity we express more and more easily because we have a screen to hide behind. There are many good folks in this community, but their honor is besmirched by the few who cling to ignorance.
New

United States

#35 Nov 14, 2012
As a new resident to Marion Co/Kentucky, I find it sickening that this is where I moved my family to. I came from the Detroit area and I can tell you there isn't this much hatred there, a city bigger than this whole county can come together in times of tragedy. Yes, there is higher crime rate but I've never seen so many racist idiots in my life than what I've seen over these past few days in this small community. A man has died over stupidity, does it really matter what color the shooter was ? May his family and those close to him find comfort. You all will be in my prayers.
Concerned

New Haven, KY

#36 Nov 14, 2012
Obvious wrote:
In regards to Concerned, you seem a little too concerned with this forum and arguing about this BS with someone you don't know. You should be more concerned about the victims family.
But you continue to reply? Funny how you call me too concerned, yet you were on the forum before I. I'm concerned about this community & where it's going. I'm concerned about ALL the families that have recently lost people. You call it BS now, because your comment has proven to be unwarranted & ridiculous. It's sad that this air of racism is here in MC. I'm not going to apologize for being concerned.
Smh

New Haven, KY

#37 Nov 14, 2012
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text> But you continue to reply? Funny how you call me too concerned, yet you were on the forum before I. I'm concerned about this community & where it's going. I'm concerned about ALL the families that have recently lost people. You call it BS now, because your comment has proven to be unwarranted & ridiculous. It's sad that this air of racism is here in MC. I'm not going to apologize for being concerned.
BTW, my computer changed my screen name to concerned as I was typing. Didn't realize that until now, just saw someone else had the name "Concerned". I've been the only replying to Obvious. Just saying.
emergancy responder

Tulsa, OK

#38 Nov 14, 2012
just askin wrote:
So who is 1203.... County or city
It was Marion co.SO #1204 Anthony Rakes...
Gsfd

Tucker, GA

#39 Nov 15, 2012
He's 1204 not 1203 :( poor guy didn't ever get to live his life !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lebanon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the most beautiful women in lebanon (May '15) 9 hr Lebota79 60
Joe Tungate 12 hr Joe Tungate 5
Tree Trimmer/Climber 14 hr Jeffrey 3
Cornbread Mafia (Jun '08) 15 hr bringing it back up 595
ashcrafts Mon Hmmm 4
why do people fuss and complain all the time. Sun Catherine Doty 5
Circle K (Aug '15) Sun customer 30

Lebanon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance